• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:05
CEST 10:05
KST 17:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202615Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8188 users

Anyone go to a CUNY?

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-06 06:47:22
September 02 2010 05:21 GMT
#1
Hello all! I know we have had quite a few TL LAN events in nyc and I figured we probably have a bunch of users who go to one of the cities colleges. I figured this would be a good way to maybe organize a LAN or see who else goes to what school.

I will try to update this post as often as I can, as for me I just started at John Jay.

Post like this so I can just simply copy and paste

TL Username: RebirthOfLeGenD
School: CUNY John Jay
Starcraft 2 ID: mSLeGenD.251
Battle.net ID: (for those who still play BW) sOnatA(OD)

+ Show Spoiler [CUNY John Jay] +

On September 02 2010 14:21 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
TL Username: RebirthOfLeGenD
School: CUNY John Jay
Starcraft 2 ID: mSLeGenD.251
Battle.net ID: sOnatA(OD)

On September 03 2010 03:28 GenesisStarcraft wrote:
TL: GenesisStarcraft
School: CUNY John Jay
ID: will edit later. I'm in orgo rec. :D

On September 05 2010 13:59 Culex wrote:
Hello, fellow John Jay and CUNY students.

TL Username: Culex
School: CUNY John Jay
Starcraft 2 ID: Culex.574



+ Show Spoiler [CUNY CCNY] +

On September 03 2010 03:25 btway wrote:
TL Username: btway
School: CUNY City College
Starcraft 2 ID: Reticent.332



+ Show Spoiler [CUNY Brooklyn] +

On September 05 2010 14:05 QuickStriker wrote:
TL Username: QuickStriker
School: CUNY Brooklyn (Broadcast Journalism)
Starcraft 2: Silly boys, I don't play SC2 since I'm boycotting it
Starcraft BW: QuickStriker


+ Show Spoiler [CUNY Queens College] +

On September 06 2010 15:01 ZoW wrote:
TL Username: ZoW
School: CUNY Queens College
Starcraft 2 ID: ZoW.724
Battle.net ID: ZoW (ICCup)


Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
September 02 2010 18:18 GMT
#2
Figured I'd bump this during the day time.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
btway
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States879 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-02 18:27:30
September 02 2010 18:25 GMT
#3
I'm at CUNY CCNY right now

TL Username: btway
School: CUNY City College
Starcraft 2 ID: Reticent.332

I know at least one TLer that goes to John Jay though.

Also: http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=152463604779602&ref=ts
Starcraft and I met in February 2010<3
GenesisStarcraft
Profile Joined April 2010
United States81 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-05 02:26:13
September 02 2010 18:28 GMT
#4
Oh dude for real?! Ididnt think TL existed in jjay.

TL: GenesisStarcraft
School: CUNY John Jay
ID: GenesisSC CC: 118
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
September 02 2010 18:36 GMT
#5
sweet :D added both of you. Just PM me with your updated info and I will fix it.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
nxNo
Profile Joined September 2010
United States4 Posts
September 02 2010 18:41 GMT
#6
I work at a University in NYC, does that count?
btway
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States879 Posts
September 02 2010 18:42 GMT
#7
On September 03 2010 03:41 nxNo wrote:
I work at a University in NYC, does that count?


It'd be awesome if you turned out to be my professor
Starcraft and I met in February 2010<3
Equinox_kr
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States7395 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-02 18:45:47
September 02 2010 18:45 GMT
#8
<- Baruch

[e] No SC2 ID, SC1 ID changes all the time and I also haven't played in 9001 years
^-^
nxNo
Profile Joined September 2010
United States4 Posts
September 02 2010 19:11 GMT
#9
Nah I do IT...You wouldn't believe how many of these old professors play games though
Zeroes
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1102 Posts
September 03 2010 06:25 GMT
#10
you guys should make your own csl team

http://www.cstarleague.com/
Check out my SC Lan pics Here: http://picasaweb.google.com/bunk.habit
GenesisStarcraft
Profile Joined April 2010
United States81 Posts
September 03 2010 12:48 GMT
#11
On September 03 2010 15:25 Zeroes wrote:
you guys should make your own csl team

http://www.cstarleague.com/


I was considering it but CSL Teams have to be at least 5 people.
Culex
Profile Joined September 2010
United States16 Posts
September 05 2010 04:59 GMT
#12
Hello, fellow John Jay and CUNY students.

TL Username: Culex
School: CUNY John Jay
Starcraft 2 ID: Culex.574
QuickStriker
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3694 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-05 05:05:56
September 05 2010 05:05 GMT
#13
I go to CUNY! I'm glad I'm not the only one here!!! Woot! Love this thread already!

TL Username: QuickStriker
School: CUNY Brooklyn (Broadcast Journalism)
Starcraft 2: Silly boys, I don't play SC2 since I'm boycotting it
Starcraft BW: QuickStriker

I think that's it... I don't know what's this for but go go fellow CUNY colleagues!
www.twitch.tv/KoreanUsher
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
September 05 2010 09:01 GMT
#14
haha yeah QS I wasn't sure what it was for either. I was kind of wondering who else on TL went to a cuny, By judging how many people there were maybe CSL teams and/or cuny vs cuny stuff :D
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-06 05:49:08
September 05 2010 09:04 GMT
#15
Oh on that note, if anyone on here knows how to use blackboard and something about online textbook/reading or something? I am very confused right now T_T PM me!

Edit: Thanks for everyone trying to help me I got a bunch of PMs and I appreciate the help.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
QuickStriker
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3694 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-05 18:41:40
September 05 2010 18:39 GMT
#16
On September 05 2010 18:04 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
Oh on that note, if anyone on here knows how to use blackboard and something about online textbook/reading or something? I am very confused right now T_T PM me!

I'm sorta experienced in using blackboard since I had to use it also for my previous univ and also throughout the past 2 semesters. Basically it's a web source program where some profs in classes make you log onto that and access to see your class assignments, documents, etc. Like sometimes, prof will assign you readings that's posted on blackboard for students to access or even have like a discussion board of making very simple thread and responses. I'll answer any specific questions you have regarding it. Good luck!

On September 05 2010 18:01 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
haha yeah QS I wasn't sure what it was for either. I was kind of wondering who else on TL went to a cuny, By judging how many people there were maybe CSL teams and/or cuny vs cuny stuff :D


CSL or Inter-CUNY league sounds good if we have enough. Though the main problem would be location to meet up and practice or have events since we all go to different CUNY schools... I suppose we could rotate but, do we all have laptops or computer labs/rooms that can be used to play SCBW/SC2?
www.twitch.tv/KoreanUsher
GenesisStarcraft
Profile Joined April 2010
United States81 Posts
September 05 2010 22:16 GMT
#17
Inter-CUNY CSL sounds awesome. I mean, location is a huge problem, but we can always meet up at Internet Cafes (hassle most of the time). First of all, we'd have to ask the CSL organizers if they'd let (I can take care of that later), and then meeting is, once again, a huge hassle.
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
September 06 2010 03:32 GMT
#18
I am not too great at the city yet but one of the things I thought would be awesome about an Inter-Cuny league would be that we are all moderately close to each other so it wouldn't be too hard to find a place to meet and game. Personally I would have no problem packing up my desktop and bringing it some place that we need to set up a "LAN" for an event.

This is referring to Starcraft 2 of course, since any laptop can run BW it wouldn't be an issue. I would be more than excited for either game though.

I was kind of imaging the Princeton/Rutgers type of event which I was fortunate enough to attend. Where both teams met up and played head 2 head with audience and everything. It was a really nice event plus I am sure we would get plenty of people and I don't think it would be hard to get the school to cooperate with it and get a computer lab and maybe even some equipment.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
PeT[uK]
Profile Joined November 2009
United States412 Posts
September 06 2010 03:52 GMT
#19
I go to St. Johns University, but I'm at Hunter and Baruch all the time cause my friends go there.
How Happy Are the Blameless Vestals Lot.
Disregard
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
China10252 Posts
September 06 2010 04:04 GMT
#20
What do you want to know about Blackboard? I use it often since Im in CS department.
"If I had to take a drug in order to be free, I'm screwed. Freedom exists in the mind, otherwise it doesn't exist."
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 14h 56m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3613
Rush 247
Soma 236
Killer 90
ToSsGirL 87
Mong 78
Shinee 14
Counter-Strike
ceh9566
shoxiejesuss432
byalli321
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King124
Other Games
summit1g8088
olofmeister568
WinterStarcraft558
Happy281
dupreeh223
Sick167
crisheroes44
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 51
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• killerbeecast0
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2290
League of Legends
• Stunt417
• Jankos230
Upcoming Events
OSC
14h 56m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 1h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 8h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 10h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.