• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:58
CEST 11:58
KST 18:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12108 users

[M]Ouroboros by monitor

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-02 03:23:33
June 22 2010 01:11 GMT
#1
[image loading]
3 Player map made for 1v1

V. 1.3 (one base textured differently to add interest) -- *newest version*
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


V. 1.2 (added middle expansion)
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


V. 1.1
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



1.0 Picture--
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Clearly, I have followed the suggestion in the comments, so no explanation necessary! Other than that, I added desto. rocks to the 4th of each base. And yes, I know I didn't do the widening of the natural's choke point because I didn't think it helped the flow of the map.

As many may know, this is the map of the drawing I posted earlier this week. My goal was to make a map balanced and fun to play on. I know it is not symmetrical, but from experience I know that not many 3 player maps are.

Points worth mentioning:

-easy to defend natural
-open middle
-easy flank routes
-Xel'Naga reveals entire middle section
-crescent expansion set for each base

Criticisms are gladly appreciated. Thanks,
monitor
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-22 01:15:53
June 22 2010 01:15 GMT
#2
Wow as basic and unappealing as this map looks, It actually seems like it might be a very well balanced and decent map to play.

I would suggest adding in some hilled areas, possibly island expos, obviously more details and shrubbery. What is the map sizes?
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
June 22 2010 01:18 GMT
#3
172x151 playable. Map size: Huge.

I will be working on adding textures and doodads in the near future. My goal was to make a balanced map so thank you!
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
June 22 2010 01:24 GMT
#4
I think if you tightened up the middle by moving those pointed areas inward then you would have more space opened up for unowned expsansions.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
NuKedUFirst
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada3139 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-22 01:29:03
June 22 2010 01:27 GMT
#5
On June 22 2010 10:24 CharlieMurphy wrote:
I think if you tightened up the middle by moving those pointed areas inward then you would have more space opened up for unowned expsansions.

Pretty much this, As far as I can tell, the middle would be too easy to get flanked, more things in the middle, make it less open.
edit: NVM im retarded.
edit2: expo could go near the middle for a gold
edit3: no towers?
FrostedMiniWeet wrote: I like winning because it validates all the bloody time I waste playing SC2.
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-22 01:39:05
June 22 2010 01:32 GMT
#6
[image loading]
high as in high ground not yellow crystal. I opened up the nat to 3rd wider, if it's too tight your 3rd becomes your nat and your nat is just extra whenever you feel like taking it. Which essentially turns this map into a macrofest, but it's pretty small and tight seemingly so that's bad imo.
Added islands behind mains, not sure if these could be high yield or something abnormal.
possibly move the whole map up and to the right cause there is leftover space there.

NuKedUFirst, I think placing watch towers this early is a mistake. The map might not have room for them, expos could be moved, etc.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
fabiano
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Brazil4644 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-22 01:35:25
June 22 2010 01:33 GMT
#7
On June 22 2010 10:27 NuKedUFirst wrote:
As far as I can tell, the middle would be too easy to get flanked, more things in the middle, make it less open.


The clearer the center, the better, like Python, FS, Match Point.

I like it.

Just remove the watchtower. Starcraft dont need them. Maybe open more space for more expos too.

Edit: CharlieMuppet idea is good.
"When the geyser died, a probe came out" - SirJolt
Madkipz
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Norway1643 Posts
June 22 2010 01:35 GMT
#8
ah that map, i had honestly expected it to have a significantly larger middle.
"Mudkip"
NuKedUFirst
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada3139 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-22 01:41:28
June 22 2010 01:40 GMT
#9
On June 22 2010 10:32 CharlieMurphy wrote:
[image loading]
high as in high ground not yellow crystal. I opened up the nat to 3rd wider, if it's too tight your 3rd becomes your nat and your nat is just extra whenever you feel like taking it. Which essentially turns this map into a macrofest, but it's pretty small and tight seemingly so that's bad imo.
Added islands behind mains, not sure if these could be high yield or something abnormal.
possibly move the whole map up and to the right cause there is leftover space there.

NuKedUFirst, I think placing watch towers this early is a mistake. The map might not have room for them, expos could be moved, etc.


Really like that idea^^, maybe some destructible rocks from the starting areas, so they have to go around making it riskier.
FrostedMiniWeet wrote: I like winning because it validates all the bloody time I waste playing SC2.
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-22 04:58:54
June 22 2010 03:54 GMT
#10
On June 22 2010 10:32 CharlieMurphy wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[put map in spoiler to not obstruct page]
high as in high ground not yellow crystal. I opened up the nat to 3rd wider, if it's too tight your 3rd becomes your nat and your nat is just extra whenever you feel like taking it. Which essentially turns this map into a macrofest, but it's pretty small and tight seemingly so that's bad imo.
Added islands behind mains, not sure if these could be high yield or something abnormal.
possibly move the whole map up and to the right cause there is leftover space there.

NuKedUFirst, I think placing watch towers this early is a mistake. The map might not have room for them, expos could be moved, etc.


Really like that idea^^, maybe some destructible rocks from the starting areas, so they have to go around making it riskier.


This seems like a good idea !!! Genuis layout idea, I will make it tomorrow when I have time. I'm thinking right now that instead of destrucible rocks at the added bridge, I will put a couple minerals with 19 minerals each (4 trips per field). Desto rocks would work too though any thoughts?

EDIT: Nvm, this makes it easier to defend the 4th, which was NOT my goal.
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
June 22 2010 04:14 GMT
#11
dunno if I like that idea, we'll see.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
gaizka
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States991 Posts
June 22 2010 04:24 GMT
#12
I don't see the snakes.
Punic
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States152 Posts
June 22 2010 04:33 GMT
#13
the edited version posted looks very good and all the chokes look to be very balanced and even for all three starting points
"Where is the chapstick?" - Stephano
yomi
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States773 Posts
June 22 2010 04:59 GMT
#14
I like it. It is simple and pure. Would be a fun map to play. Don't add too many doodads I like this style of map.
Playguuu
Profile Joined April 2010
United States926 Posts
June 22 2010 05:02 GMT
#15
Maybe it's the perspective but is this 3 way symmetrical? It looks a bit skewed with different sized chokes leading to the middle.
I used to be just like you, then I took a sweetroll to the knee.
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-22 05:07:27
June 22 2010 05:04 GMT
#16
It's not symmetrical, just semi-symmetrical. I'm not sure how much it will damage gameplay, but I hope not too much . Just an idea for a map, could use improvement definitely.

EDIT: Honestly, the more I look at it, the more I like the previous version. The high-ground/ low-ground addition makes it too cluttered. I think I'll make another version (but keep this one) with this new layout but all on low ground.
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
Igantinos
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden7 Posts
June 22 2010 05:21 GMT
#17
I would suggest that you make the walls around the bases inaccessible to reapers or they will be a super OP unit on this map
Subversion
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
South Africa3627 Posts
June 22 2010 05:21 GMT
#18
i think this map, while not the most beautiful, would be a fun map to play
Illva
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden137 Posts
June 22 2010 14:40 GMT
#19
so I guess having some parts of the maps bigger than the other bases equivalents are good?

btw theres a doodad tab aswell.. I must agree tho your two textures looks great!
iPlod
Profile Joined June 2009
United States46 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-22 15:01:10
June 22 2010 14:51 GMT
#20
I really like this map, actually. I believe that the v1.1 is definitely a step forward from the original version, although I'm not sure about the third base... Keep up the good work man
Give idra a thousand hugs.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 230
ProTech24
StarCraft: Brood War
Mind 1201
Bisu 744
Horang2 732
Larva 615
Hyuk 491
Leta 228
Stork 225
Sexy 108
EffOrt 98
PianO 92
[ Show more ]
Zeus 91
Soma 71
Mini 68
Pusan 40
Killer 37
ZerO 32
Bale 25
sorry 24
Hm[arnc] 22
ToSsGirL 22
yabsab 19
Trap 6
Noble 5
Dota 2
XcaliburYe415
XaKoH 341
League of Legends
JimRising 333
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1270
Other Games
gofns38804
singsing1224
crisheroes181
Mew2King136
ArmadaUGS57
ZerO(Twitch)4
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick560
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream155
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 32
• LUISG 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 6895
• lizZardDota2318
League of Legends
• Jankos1174
• Stunt1047
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
3m
Online Event
1h 3m
FEL
6h 3m
AI Arena Tournament
7h 3m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
9h 3m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
INu's Battles
1d 2h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.