• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:40
CEST 17:40
KST 00:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10585 users

[Interview] MSL Survivor Group 6 Winners

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Lyriene *
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States346 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-25 08:02:16
February 25 2010 06:59 GMT
#1
Spoiler Alert!!!

+ Show Spoiler +


MSL Survivor Group 6
2-0 Winner: (P)Pure
“I only want to show the good side of me”


[image loading]


Q: You advanced to MSL being #1 in your group
A: I can’t remember the last time I’ve won recently. I thought that I should advance with 2 wins to get over it, and I’m happy that the results came out the way I wanted to.

Q: Your hidden Gateway against (Z)Action worked well
A: I planned the hidden Gateway ahead of time, but I’ve never used it under those conditions. The starting position was good for me so I thought positively throughout the game. Although I’m embarrassed to say this, I’ve lost many games when I was ahead so I did my best not to put my guard down until the end in order to defend against any strategy. After playing like that, my advantage became so huge.

Q: You used Carriers against (T)Canata
A: I planned this build ahead as well. It’s hard to battle against Terran when the map’s split in half, so I thought that I should use Carriers. Although honestly I didn’t feel too good about this strategy, my strategy worked really well in my first game, so I gained the confidence to use this build.

Q: It’s your 2nd MSL qualification
A: I want to go to Ro4 this season, but because my skills are lacking so I don’t know. I definitely want to go to group selections.

Q: Anything else?
A: Recently, I was playing unlike a progamer, so I felt sorry for my fans. Since then, I haven’t visited the community [forums] (laughs). From now, I’ll make sure to show mostly winning games and try my best in Proleague and Starleagues.


Original Article: http://www.fomos.kr/board/board.php?mode=read&keyno=104298&db=interview
+ Show Spoiler +

- 조 1위로 MSL에 진출하게 됐다
▲ 최근에 이겨본 적이 언제인지 기억하기 힘들 정도였다. 그래서 오늘은 반드시 2승으로 올라가야겠다고 생각했고 지금 결과가 좋게 나와서 기분 좋다.

- 김성대와의 경기에서 5시 몰래 게이트가 좋았는데
▲ 몰래 게이트도 생각은 하고 나왔는데 그런 식으로 연습은 한 판도 하지 않았다. 시작하고 나서 자리도 잘 나왔고 즉흥적으로 하게 됐다. 창피하긴 한데 유리했던 경기를 진 적이 워낙 많아서 끝까지 방심하지 않으려고 했고 상대의 모든 플레이를 막으려고 노력했다. 그렇게 하다 보니 많이 유리해 진 것 같다.

- 고인규에게는 캐리어를 썼다
▲ 쓰려고 마음먹고 나온 빌드다. 테란이랑 반땅 싸움으로 가니까 너무 힘들어서 캐리어를 써야겠다고 생각하고 나왔다. 솔직히 그렇게 느낌이 좋지는 않았는데 첫 판을 좋은 전략으로 잘 이겼기 때문에 승자전에서도 자신감을 가지고 약간 부유하게 플레이 할 수 있었다.

- 2번째 MSL 진출인데
▲ 올 시즌에는 4강까지 가고 싶은데 실력이 많이 부족해서 잘 모르겠지만 조지명식까지는 꼭 가고 싶다.

- 하고 싶은 말이 있다면
▲ 최근에 프로게이머에 어울리지 않는 경기를 보여 준 것 같아서 팬들에게 죄송했다. 그 이후로 커뮤니티에 한 번도 가지 않았었다.(웃음) 이제부터 최대한 이기는 모습 보여드려야겠다고 생각했고 오늘을 계기로 개인리그와 프로리그까지 열심히 하는 모습 보여드리겠다.




MSL Survivor Group 6
2-1 Winner: (Z)Action
“I’m always confident at ZvT”


[image loading]


Q: How do you feel about your first MSL qualification?
A: Before the match, I didn’t have confidence but now that I came through and advanced, I think I can do better in the future.

Q: How was your game against (P)Pure?
A: I predicted that he would try to push my 5 o’clock expansion, but I didn’t expect him to harass like that. I was harassed a lot more than I should have been, and it affected the entire game. My confidence had dropped.

Q: Your game against (T)PianO?
A: Normally, I’m confident in ZvT, but Match Point is a hard map. It was different from a Proleague game because I didn’t have any burden this time, so I tried a build that I wanted to do and played offensively. I knew that I had a chance of winning when I made him lift his natural.

Q: (T)Canata wasn’t an easy opponent
A: From the beginning, I planned to start off with a rich build in order to play an economic game. I didn’t plan on making Lurkers, but when I saw his Engineering Bay, I decided to make Lurkers first. I upgraded Consume a little late after midgame and that made me worry a bit. When I blocked one of his pushes well and successfully expanded to 7 o’clock, I thought I won.

Q: You showed both offensive and economic games
A: Usually, I prefer a management play that I match accordingly to what my opponent is doing. Although I like being offensive, I’m happier when I win with my management.

Q: Your determination must be strong right now
A: Honestly, I want to do better in Proleague. However, now that I advanced to an individual league, rather than just do decently, I will have to do my best as to advance to the finals.

Q: You’ve never been in the group selections before
A: I think it’ll be fun so I’m looking forward to it, but I’m narrow-minded so I’m not sure (laughs).

Q: Anything else?
A: After Proleague ended, I started to practice over the break and although it was hard, I thank my teammates for helping me. Also, my coach told me that in the loser’s match, my opponent will try to sunken break, so he advised me to build a lot of Sunkens, and it really happened. I thank my coach for helping me with my build order.

Original Article: http://www.fomos.kr/board/board.php?mode=read&keyno=104303&db=interview
+ Show Spoiler +

- 생애 첫 MSL 진출 소감은
▲ 경기하기 전에는 자신감이 없었는데 막상 진출하고 나니까 다음부터는 더 잘 할 수 있을 것 같다.

- 박세정과의 경기 어땠나
▲ 상대가 초반에 5시를 찌를 것 같다는 예상은 했지만 그런 식으로 견제할 줄은 몰랐다. 그래도 내가 생각했던 것보다 너무 휘둘려서 그 이후 경기까지 영향을 받은 것 같다. 자신감이 떨어졌었다.

- 임진묵과의 경기는 어땠나
▲ 평소 테란전은 자신 있는 편인데 매치포인트가 어려운 맵이었고 프로리그랑은 다르게 부담감도 없어서 해보고 싶은 빌드를 해보자 하는 생각에 공격적으로 플레이했다. 상대 앞마당을 띄우고 나서는 이길 수 있겠다고 생각했다.

- 고인규가 쉬운 상대는 아니었는데
▲ 처음부터 운영을 위해서 부유하게 하려고는 했었다. 원래 러커를 먼저 갈 생각은 없었는데 정찰해 보니 엔지니어링 베이를 먼저 짓길래 나도 선 러커를 했다. 중반 이후에 컨슘 개발을 늦게 해서 조금 당황하기도 했다. 한 방 병력을 잘 막고 7시를 확장했을 때 이겼다고 생각했다.

- 공격과 운영 모두 보여줬는데
▲ 평소에 상대의 모든 플레이에 맞춰가는 운영형 플레이를 선호한다. 공격적인 플레이를 좋아하긴 하지만 운영으로 이겼을 때 더욱 기쁘다.

- 각오가 남다를 것 같다
▲ 사실 프로리그를 더 잘하고 싶은 욕심이 크다. 그래도 개인리그에 올라온 이상 잘하려면 어중간한 것보다 최대한 잘해야 하기 때문에 결승까지도 가보고 싶다.

- 조지명식도 안 해봤을 텐데
▲ 재미 있을 것 같아서 기대는 하고 있는데 내가 소심한 편이라서 잘 모르겠다.(웃음)

- 하고 싶은 말이 있다면
▲ 프로리그 끝나고 경기를 준비하게 됐는데 휴가 기간이어서 연습하기가 어려웠는데도 도와준 팀원들에게 고맙다. 또 패자전에서 신정민 코치가 분명히 찌르기가 올 거라고 성큰을 여러 개 지으라고 했는데 딱 그렇게 됐다. 빌드에 도움을 준 신코치님에게도 감사 드리고 싶다.








Source: Fomos.kr (Fomos)
Translatorlolol
SandwichApoc
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States115 Posts
February 25 2010 07:03 GMT
#2
Damn you work quickly. Thanks!
nebffa
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Australia776 Posts
February 25 2010 07:06 GMT
#3
so.... fast............ you should translate professionally =p
MountainDewJunkie
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States10346 Posts
February 25 2010 07:06 GMT
#4
Surpassing the speed of light with these translations
[21:07] <Shock710> whats wrong with her face [20:50] <dAPhREAk> i beat it the day after it came out | <BLinD-RawR> esports is a giant vagina
EvilTeletubby
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Baltimore, USA22261 Posts
February 25 2010 07:08 GMT
#5
Hahahahahaha, jesus... the match for the 2nd person to pass is still going on and you have the first interview done... that's just insane.
Moderatorhttp://carbonleaf.yuku.com/topic/408/t/So-I-proposed-at-a-Carbon-Leaf-concert.html ***** RIP Geoff
Spazer
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada8036 Posts
February 25 2010 07:09 GMT
#6
Group 6 is still playing, and the first interview is already up? That is some pretty ridiculous speed by both Fomos and by you. Anyway, thanks for the translation!

+ Show Spoiler +
I've always thought of Pure as a pretty mediocre player. Didn't expect to see him qualify, much less go 2-0.
Liquipedia
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
February 25 2010 07:09 GMT
#7
give this guy a star.
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
rushz0rz
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
Canada5300 Posts
February 25 2010 07:11 GMT
#8
what the what the...

Hasn't even finished yet! Good work, chap.
IntoTheRainBOw fan~
XinRan
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States530 Posts
February 25 2010 07:14 GMT
#9
On February 25 2010 16:09 Kenpachi wrote:
give this guy a star.

Seriously. Lyriene contributes more to the community in his 120 posts than many 10k+ posts veterans. Thank you so much!
"To be fair, Kal played like absolute garbage. His noted inconsistency and bad record versus Jaedong high fived into a cacophony of suck." - TwoToneTerran
O-ops
Profile Joined February 2009
United States4236 Posts
February 25 2010 07:31 GMT
#10
....Is this fucking Sonic?
Fan of the Jangbanger
Avidkeystamper
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States8556 Posts
February 25 2010 07:32 GMT
#11
ANIMAL. Not human I tell you!
Jaedong
NeoOmega
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States495 Posts
February 25 2010 07:34 GMT
#12
Baller translator ftw.
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
February 25 2010 07:35 GMT
#13
You are amazing.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
J1.au
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Australia3596 Posts
February 25 2010 07:46 GMT
#14
<3 Translators.

Also good to see Protoss players winning.
Lyriene *
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States346 Posts
February 25 2010 08:02 GMT
#15
Updated with the second winner.
Thanks everyone <3
Translatorlolol
okum
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
France5779 Posts
February 25 2010 08:06 GMT
#16
Why are you still a drone? You should be a speedling
Flash fan before it was cool | Coiner of "jangbang"
Gann1
Profile Joined July 2009
United States1575 Posts
February 25 2010 08:31 GMT
#17
action seriously resembles a goblin
I drop suckas like Plinko
nonduc
Profile Joined May 2009
Russian Federation405 Posts
February 25 2010 08:52 GMT
#18
On February 25 2010 17:06 okum wrote:
Why are you still a drone? You should be a speedling
티라노사저그 렉스 화이팅~!
Treeplant
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States214 Posts
February 25 2010 08:59 GMT
#19
On February 25 2010 17:31 Gann1 wrote:
action seriously resembles a goblin


Hahaha I lol'd when I first saw that picture, he looks so fucked up
cascades
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Singapore6122 Posts
February 25 2010 09:04 GMT
#20
I thought action's head was hexagon shaped, the first one I ever saw.
HS: cascades#1595 || LoL: stoppin
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 21m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech144
RotterdaM 110
UpATreeSC 29
Codebar 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2734
Shuttle 1672
EffOrt 854
BeSt 664
Mini 436
Light 395
ggaemo 280
Stork 278
firebathero 211
ZerO 182
[ Show more ]
Rush 168
Barracks 83
Dewaltoss 78
Killer 60
Sea.KH 59
Zeus 58
Shine 54
Hyun 47
Mong 34
Shinee 30
ToSsGirL 30
Aegong 25
sorry 25
Sexy 24
Terrorterran 24
soO 23
910 21
Bale 18
Sacsri 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
yabsab 9
zelot 9
Trap 3
Dota 2
qojqva3679
Dendi1942
BananaSlamJamma400
Counter-Strike
Fnx 623
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes524
Other Games
singsing2189
Liquid`RaSZi1586
hiko1177
B2W.Neo970
Lowko348
Liquid`VortiX278
Sick163
ArmadaUGS159
Rex40
Trikslyr39
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream511
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile132
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2408
• Jankos2146
• TFBlade773
Other Games
• WagamamaTV193
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
21m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
18h 21m
Afreeca Starleague
18h 21m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 8h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 19h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.