• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:24
CEST 19:24
KST 02:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War545.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9611 users

Godfather Mafia - Page 81

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 79 80 81 82 83 88 Next
BrownBear
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6894 Posts
July 11 2010 20:45 GMT
#1601
On July 12 2010 05:32 zeks wrote:
Theres no point in wasting a DT check one of us thats just wasting our limited DT checks.

In fact I think I'm just as confirmed as BM/Hesmyrr if not more.

The 2nd mason will unlock the message with the key I've given him. If that doesn't satisfy all of you we can do it any way you want.

Issue of whether there are masons or not:

Would mafia bet on there be no masons this game and claim early on to gain "permanent" immunity? That's retarded.



Yeah, that's what I was saying. Any idea when the second mason will unlock your message, or are you just waiting for him to sign on?
SUNSFANNED
zeks
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Canada1068 Posts
July 11 2010 20:54 GMT
#1602
the justification behind him not claiming:

if the gf is alive it makes him harder to recruit (can't recruit masons unless roleblocked) so gf waste recruiting power

if the gf isn't alive then in the case the discussion is steered the wrong direction and he's about to be lynched he will claim

if the case my mason partner dies before me i'll unlock the code myself which will decipher my partners name - whether you guys believe me would be up to your discretion but what incentive would i have to lie
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-- I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference."
Hesmyrr
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada5776 Posts
July 11 2010 21:14 GMT
#1603
The problem is I don't want cop wasting his investigation on the second mason. Well, either way both Chezinu and youngminii should clearly state their targets, and if one of their target happens to be second mason have him claim immediately. I'll be satisfied with that compromise for now.
"If watching the MSL finals makes you a progamer, then anyone in Korea can do it." - Ha Tae Ki
DCLXVI
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States729 Posts
July 12 2010 00:03 GMT
#1604
@zeks
I would rather see you and the other mason (AFJ?) claim at the same time
@everyone
what is the reasoning behind voting YI? He is at least providing discussion, unlike say, rastaban or AFJ (though i think he is the mason)

I can already see the ending
zeks
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Canada1068 Posts
July 12 2010 00:07 GMT
#1605
sure we can do it but

wats the difference if my mason partner posted later...or unlocked my message

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-- I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference."
YellowInk
Profile Joined April 2010
United States578 Posts
July 12 2010 00:08 GMT
#1606
Well since it's apparent that people are set on my lynch, I'll give my final thoughts before I hang. I have no death post - I am townie, I have no secret info.


On July 12 2010 03:46 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2010 02:43 YellowInk wrote:
For the record, I'm not convinced we hung the godfather. I can't imagine a game filled with this many strong players continues to fail to see so many things that are obvious. Unfortunately we were not given the tools to counter a straightforward mafia play, so we must simply stay true to the most likely path to victory.

As I've presented numerous significant arguments and the town seems intent on lynching me (Hesmyrr, youngminii, zeks) without expressing any cause, I'm going to try just being quiet for the next 9 hours and see if you guys can just come to a reasonable conclusion on your own. I'll answer any questions asked directly of me, but beyond that, this inaction is maddening and I want no more part of pushing this boulder up a mountain.


If your not convinced that we killed the godfather then chances are as of tonight, town has lost. I say that because it would mean the GF would have had time to a) recruit our jail keeper and b) as of tonight recruit the dt (provided neither were red already) giving the mafia the ability to fake clear/convict people while still growing.

At this stage of the game, based on current town beliefs, a surviving GF means GG. We cannot afford to think like this.
Preaching to the choir. Just pointing out that everything that BM has been doing has been pro-mafia, but since we're in a state that we have to assume he's town due to lack of tools provided to us, the situation is retarded.

Suprising that you should choose to vote for me on this when I've been saying - and even clearly set out the above situation for the town - precisely what you're posing here. You don't vote for all the other people who say, "What if GF?? You just choose to jump on me when I'm pointing out the actual endgame situation.

Here's a good target for you, youngminii. Assuming my words are even worth anything to you.

On July 12 2010 03:49 Bill Murray wrote:
i wasnt recruited, so... :p
this is assuming that i wasnt jailed in relation to being recruited, and that on n1, n2, or whatever nights he has been recruiting, that he wasnt roleblocked and his target wasnt jailed.

you are not taking every variable into consideration here
It would probably help everyone if we knew who you were talking to or what you were talking about. You do this frequently. Fix it.

On July 12 2010 05:32 zeks wrote:
Theres no point in wasting a DT check one of us thats just wasting our limited DT checks.

In fact I think I'm just as confirmed as BM/Hesmyrr if not more.

The 2nd mason will unlock the message with the key I've given him. If that doesn't satisfy all of you we can do it any way you want.

Issue of whether there are masons or not:

Would mafia bet on there be no masons this game and claim early on to gain "permanent" immunity? That's retarded.

You are more confirmed than Hesmyrr, but less so than Bill Murray/youngminii. There is the chance that there are no masons. You and your goon buddy could be hiding under cover of being masons and the game has no masons. I find this unlikely, but it is a possibility. Considering we were only given one roleblocker, I'm willing to accept pretty much anything in this setup now. I already outlined why you could have opened the game with your strategy as a goon. However, by day 4, if there are any masons, you are it.

On July 12 2010 05:54 zeks wrote:
the justification behind him not claiming:

if the gf is alive it makes him harder to recruit (can't recruit masons unless roleblocked) so gf waste recruiting power

if the gf isn't alive then in the case the discussion is steered the wrong direction and he's about to be lynched he will claim

if the case my mason partner dies before me i'll unlock the code myself which will decipher my partners name - whether you guys believe me would be up to your discretion but what incentive would i have to lie
Posts like this make me wonder why I post. Half the town apparently doesn't read the thread anyway. I'm tired of preaching 'stop being inactive' game after game.


Good luck, town!
Chezinu
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States7468 Posts
July 12 2010 00:24 GMT
#1607
Atleast you know that I'm active.
lol, clueless in The Prism!
DCLXVI
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States729 Posts
July 12 2010 00:27 GMT
#1608
Bye YI
one less active, productive poster
congrats town
I don't know if we even deserve to win anymore. Very lucky DT check won us the game (hopefully)
I can already see the ending
rastaban
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2294 Posts
July 12 2010 00:41 GMT
#1609
On July 12 2010 09:27 DCLXVI wrote:
Bye YI
one less active, productive poster
congrats town
I don't know if we even deserve to win anymore. Very lucky DT check won us the game (hopefully)

Dont forget the modkill of the traitor/mafia as well.
Tyler: "...damn it, that's StarCraft. Opening doors is what we do. Being the first to find food is the greatest pleasure a player can have!"
youngminii
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia7514 Posts
July 12 2010 00:44 GMT
#1610
+ Show Spoiler +
On July 12 2010 09:08 YellowInk wrote:
Well since it's apparent that people are set on my lynch, I'll give my final thoughts before I hang. I have no death post - I am townie, I have no secret info.


Show nested quote +
On July 12 2010 03:46 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
On July 12 2010 02:43 YellowInk wrote:
For the record, I'm not convinced we hung the godfather. I can't imagine a game filled with this many strong players continues to fail to see so many things that are obvious. Unfortunately we were not given the tools to counter a straightforward mafia play, so we must simply stay true to the most likely path to victory.

As I've presented numerous significant arguments and the town seems intent on lynching me (Hesmyrr, youngminii, zeks) without expressing any cause, I'm going to try just being quiet for the next 9 hours and see if you guys can just come to a reasonable conclusion on your own. I'll answer any questions asked directly of me, but beyond that, this inaction is maddening and I want no more part of pushing this boulder up a mountain.


If your not convinced that we killed the godfather then chances are as of tonight, town has lost. I say that because it would mean the GF would have had time to a) recruit our jail keeper and b) as of tonight recruit the dt (provided neither were red already) giving the mafia the ability to fake clear/convict people while still growing.

At this stage of the game, based on current town beliefs, a surviving GF means GG. We cannot afford to think like this.
Preaching to the choir. Just pointing out that everything that BM has been doing has been pro-mafia, but since we're in a state that we have to assume he's town due to lack of tools provided to us, the situation is retarded.

Suprising that you should choose to vote for me on this when I've been saying - and even clearly set out the above situation for the town - precisely what you're posing here. You don't vote for all the other people who say, "What if GF?? You just choose to jump on me when I'm pointing out the actual endgame situation.

Here's a good target for you, youngminii. Assuming my words are even worth anything to you.

Show nested quote +
On July 12 2010 03:49 Bill Murray wrote:
i wasnt recruited, so... :p
this is assuming that i wasnt jailed in relation to being recruited, and that on n1, n2, or whatever nights he has been recruiting, that he wasnt roleblocked and his target wasnt jailed.

you are not taking every variable into consideration here
It would probably help everyone if we knew who you were talking to or what you were talking about. You do this frequently. Fix it.

Show nested quote +
On July 12 2010 05:32 zeks wrote:
Theres no point in wasting a DT check one of us thats just wasting our limited DT checks.

In fact I think I'm just as confirmed as BM/Hesmyrr if not more.

The 2nd mason will unlock the message with the key I've given him. If that doesn't satisfy all of you we can do it any way you want.

Issue of whether there are masons or not:

Would mafia bet on there be no masons this game and claim early on to gain "permanent" immunity? That's retarded.

You are more confirmed than Hesmyrr, but less so than Bill Murray/youngminii. There is the chance that there are no masons. You and your goon buddy could be hiding under cover of being masons and the game has no masons. I find this unlikely, but it is a possibility. Considering we were only given one roleblocker, I'm willing to accept pretty much anything in this setup now. I already outlined why you could have opened the game with your strategy as a goon. However, by day 4, if there are any masons, you are it.

Show nested quote +
On July 12 2010 05:54 zeks wrote:
the justification behind him not claiming:

if the gf is alive it makes him harder to recruit (can't recruit masons unless roleblocked) so gf waste recruiting power

if the gf isn't alive then in the case the discussion is steered the wrong direction and he's about to be lynched he will claim

if the case my mason partner dies before me i'll unlock the code myself which will decipher my partners name - whether you guys believe me would be up to your discretion but what incentive would i have to lie
Posts like this make me wonder why I post. Half the town apparently doesn't read the thread anyway. I'm tired of preaching 'stop being inactive' game after game.


Good luck, town!


Okay first of all, you have to chill out, you can argue without being insulting. Second, I gave my explanations many times. I have my suspicions set on you and BC but I can't seem to find any evidence against BC. I've already reposted my explanation regarding my suspicion against you but you don't seem to pay any attention to it.

Also, who's a good target for me? Because if you're lynched, then I am definitely checking BC.

I repeat in big bold letters:

I am checking BC tonight. Do not jail him.
lalala
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
July 12 2010 00:55 GMT
#1611
i'm jailing you. hope you mean the "other" jailer if we have one. going to address what i've missed after this... easy to address bold @ bottom first. will make 2 posts. hope town wins
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
July 12 2010 01:03 GMT
#1612
sorry, yellowink, i was going to unvote you, but you have gotten on my nerves one too many times. only other things i'd address that i read:

i am going to have zeks lynched if he doesn't claim who the other mason is
BC: i disagree again on whether or not the GF being alive = auto-win. He could literally be the only mafia if shit happened during the night to prevent his recruitments. Unlikely? Yes. Impossible? No. Nothing really to argue here. I agree with you, and I understand you were saying it is pointless to talk about that, but I will always account for possibilities if I realize them.

i like the way brownbear, hesmyrr, youngminii, bc, chezinu, myself, and zeks have been acting. zeks less than the others because there is no fucking point in not disclosing who his partner is because the mafia will want to kill/recruit me/youngminii assuming youngminii isn't lying/mafia. i know i'm not.

yellowink, get the fuck over how i post.
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
zeks
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Canada1068 Posts
July 12 2010 01:32 GMT
#1613

Did citi.zen claim DT after check or before check? I don't remember...if before check then its reasonable youngminii would check him

I'm not doing this (revealing my partner) cause you threatened to try to get me lynched BM but tbh I think this is for the greater good. I've PMed my mason partner a couple of times but he hasn't replied (nor has he posted for a while i think) and I've respected his decision to not claim but with most of our roles wide open now this isn't that bad of an idea.

To no surprise the other mason is AcrossFiveJulys

g6<9<<x?N.n<?C=
http://www.seabreezecomputers.com/encrypter/

Decrypted with the key: "coffeeortea"



"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-- I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference."
zeks
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Canada1068 Posts
July 12 2010 01:32 GMT
#1614
i should've used a more secure way to do it definitely
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-- I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference."
Chezinu
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States7468 Posts
July 12 2010 01:41 GMT
#1615
On July 05 2010 09:17 youngminii wrote:
Depends on the key. Is it TEA?
I was actually thinking of writing a small program to try brute force to decrypt it, using numbers and words from the dictionary.

Either way, Chez's post seems very suspicious.
lol, clueless in The Prism!
DarthThienAn
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2734 Posts
July 12 2010 01:53 GMT
#1616
Lynch is in ten minutes right?
www.cstarleague.com | Love is like playing the piano. First you must learn to play by the rules, then you must forget the rules and play from your heart.
Chezinu
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States7468 Posts
July 12 2010 01:56 GMT
#1617
On July 10 2010 16:03 DarthThienAn wrote:
Hey guys. =X My bad. Forgot, time zones and all. Uhh.

Abenson is now dead
Divinek is now dead

Day 4 gogo


July 12 - July 10 = two days... I guess so, can you tally votes for us, I'm too tired.
lol, clueless in The Prism!
DarthThienAn
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2734 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-12 02:12:42
July 12 2010 02:05 GMT
#1618
[image loading]


Night 4:




Music:
+ Show Spoiler +




YellowInk got lynched.




In other news...

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


AcrossFiveJulys modkilled.




YellowInk is now dead
AcrossFiveJulys is now dead
Brownbear is now dead

It is now Night 4. Send me your night actions.

Dead people, don't forget to death post if you want to.
www.cstarleague.com | Love is like playing the piano. First you must learn to play by the rules, then you must forget the rules and play from your heart.
Chezinu
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States7468 Posts
July 12 2010 02:06 GMT
#1619
On July 12 2010 10:32 zeks wrote:

Did citi.zen claim DT after check or before check? I don't remember...if before check then its reasonable youngminii would check him

I'm not doing this (revealing my partner) cause you threatened to try to get me lynched BM but tbh I think this is for the greater good. I've PMed my mason partner a couple of times but he hasn't replied (nor has he posted for a while i think) and I've respected his decision to not claim but with most of our roles wide open now this isn't that bad of an idea.

To no surprise the other mason is AcrossFiveJulys

g6<9<<x?N.n<?C=
http://www.seabreezecomputers.com/encrypter/

Decrypted with the key: "coffeeortea"




Too bad A5J is going to get modkilled. Looks like we can't confirm you.
lol, clueless in The Prism!
DarthThienAn
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2734 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-12 02:07:50
July 12 2010 02:07 GMT
#1620
lol, thanks for reminding me. will edit modkills in in a second.
www.cstarleague.com | Love is like playing the piano. First you must learn to play by the rules, then you must forget the rules and play from your heart.
Prev 1 79 80 81 82 83 88 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
Laughngamez YouTube
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 201
ProTech142
BRAT_OK 80
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17112
Leta 1083
Shuttle 462
Horang2 237
firebathero 131
Trap 131
Zeus 82
Hyun 55
soO 48
Bale 38
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 33
Rock 26
scan(afreeca) 20
Bishop 15
Noble 13
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
qojqva1644
Dendi1489
420jenkins456
Counter-Strike
fl0m4138
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu339
Other Games
Grubby1485
Beastyqt665
FrodaN633
KnowMe218
Hui .186
Livibee136
QueenE81
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick391
StarCraft 2
angryscii 10
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 43
• printf 34
• Adnapsc2 19
• Hinosc 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach114
• Azhi_Dahaki23
• FirePhoenix17
• Michael_bg 12
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1597
Other Games
• Shiphtur618
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1h 36m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 36m
Patches Events
21h 36m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
OSC
1d 5h
OSC
1d 18h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.