• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:33
CEST 10:33
KST 17:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Dating: How's your luck? Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8799 users

No Kespa Players in Upcoming GSL - Page 80

Forum Index > SC2 General
1864 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 78 79 80 81 82 94 Next
anrimayu
Profile Joined June 2011
United States875 Posts
August 24 2012 08:41 GMT
#1581
Here's couple things I didn't mention. Oz isn't listed there only because he wasn't in Korea to be in the conference. Choya is doing damage control because people think Oz bailed on everyone by staying in OSL.

Also the bottom of the article states e-Sports Federation Players Representative Nestea. That's pretty awesome.
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆
TheAmazombie
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States3714 Posts
August 24 2012 08:42 GMT
#1582
On August 24 2012 17:41 ShiroKaisen wrote:
Fuck this makes me nervous. On the one hand I say "good for them!" because it's about time people stood up to KeSPA. On the other, I say "FUCK" because the Auction All-Kill OSL was going to be what brings SC2 to the masses in Korea. If it fails, SC2 in Korea is doomed to never grow.


I refuse this statement. It will grow, but it will grow a ton faster if KeSPa would play nice for once.
We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery, we need humanity. More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost. -Charlie Chaplin
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
August 24 2012 08:42 GMT
#1583
Well, this is all fucked.
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
Seiniyta
Profile Joined May 2010
Belgium1815 Posts
August 24 2012 08:43 GMT
#1584
Ah man, why do I have to work in 35 minutes, Whhhhhyyyy? I want this drama to unfold more!
Pokemon Master
JustPassingBy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
10776 Posts
August 24 2012 08:44 GMT
#1585
On August 24 2012 17:42 TheAmazombie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 24 2012 17:41 ShiroKaisen wrote:
Fuck this makes me nervous. On the one hand I say "good for them!" because it's about time people stood up to KeSPA. On the other, I say "FUCK" because the Auction All-Kill OSL was going to be what brings SC2 to the masses in Korea. If it fails, SC2 in Korea is doomed to never grow.


I refuse this statement. It will grow, but it will grow a ton faster if KeSPa would play nice for once.


I agree. For fairness, it would also grow faster if the players did not boycott the OSL, however there is a limit where you can let yourself be pushed around by Kespa.
TheAmazombie
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States3714 Posts
August 24 2012 08:44 GMT
#1586
On August 24 2012 17:41 anrimayu wrote:
Here's couple things I didn't mention. Oz isn't listed there only because he wasn't in Korea to be in the conference. Choya is doing damage control because people think Oz bailed on everyone by staying in OSL.

Also the bottom of the article states e-Sports Federation Players Representative Nestea. That's pretty awesome.


Awesome. I hope that Oz does as well. I wonder also what Boxer has to say about all of this since he just signed back on with KeSPa. I feel like he would be for working together, but that may just be our hero-worship there. Haha. I hope we can get a full translation soon.
We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery, we need humanity. More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost. -Charlie Chaplin
ProxyKnoxy
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom2576 Posts
August 24 2012 08:44 GMT
#1587
Oh fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck shit just got real
"Zealot try give mariners high five. Mariners not like high five and try hide and shoot zealot"
hunts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2113 Posts
August 24 2012 08:45 GMT
#1588
Shit just got real. Hopefully this ends in GOM and KESPA working something out and giving us KESPA players in GSL and non KESPA players in OSL.
twitch.tv/huntstv 7x legend streamer
achan1058
Profile Joined February 2012
1091 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-24 08:45:50
August 24 2012 08:45 GMT
#1589
On August 24 2012 17:44 TheAmazombie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 24 2012 17:41 anrimayu wrote:
Here's couple things I didn't mention. Oz isn't listed there only because he wasn't in Korea to be in the conference. Choya is doing damage control because people think Oz bailed on everyone by staying in OSL.

Also the bottom of the article states e-Sports Federation Players Representative Nestea. That's pretty awesome.


Awesome. I hope that Oz does as well. I wonder also what Boxer has to say about all of this since he just signed back on with KeSPa. I feel like he would be for working together, but that may just be our hero-worship there. Haha. I hope we can get a full translation soon.

If I am him, I would pull a Jay Wilson on KeSPA.
iglocska
Profile Joined May 2011
Norway589 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-24 08:46:29
August 24 2012 08:45 GMT
#1590
No OSL for me then. Good move by the sc2 players. Hope this will make kespa come to terms with gom.
bgx
Profile Joined August 2010
Poland6595 Posts
August 24 2012 08:46 GMT
#1591
Hehehe so federation wasn't just for name sake. This will be interesting.
Stork[gm]
Odoakar
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia1838 Posts
August 24 2012 08:46 GMT
#1592
Hell yes!

Although this might mean future of sc2 won't be that bright, Kespa needs to be put in place.
OnFiRe888
Profile Joined October 2010
United States629 Posts
August 24 2012 08:46 GMT
#1593
On August 24 2012 17:29 ilsamsamchil wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 24 2012 17:28 anrimayu wrote:
Well, the Federation decided to keep the GSL players, Nestea, MVP, MC, Parting, San, DRG, and MKP, from playing in the OSL until Kespa stop being greedy assholes to fuck over esports.


http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=1273725&category=102&subcategory=
source

short translation: This was an unfortunate turn of event, especially considering it has only been 4 months since the agreement we have made back in may. Looking back at what happened on gomtv classic, we are worried that this is something that could happen all over again well in the future. Under the agreement of all ESF teams and players who are attending OS(: nestea, mvp, mc, drg, mkp, parting, san), we have agreed to boycott OSL.


Reason stated are scattered all over the announcement but it's mostly because they are worried that GSL might be squeezed out and that might be the end of ESF as well.

(OZ is not in the list because he is not part of ESF, MC ,however is in the list)

good for them.


Well, that escalated quitckly.

I'll be honest with you, this is a poor decision on part of the ESF. I understand that they are upset that the Kespa players are not playing in GSL. But let's be honest, they don't need to, and I think that the hype that could be built between the remergence of Kespa vs Gom could be a great storyline for esports in Korea.

However, that is not the main reason why. You can't fight fire with fire. ESF (up until now) has done nothing to upset the Korean fans, they are not at fault for anything, but right now, you can say ESF is not being any better than Kespa. ESF is denying as much kespa vs gom than kespa is, except, this time, the OSL will not be able to run without the already qualified ESF players. Pulling players out of a qualifier, although for reasons that make many people wonder, is not as bad as completely ruining a tournament. (which is essentially what ESF has done with the OSL). They just made this situation a whole lot more complicated than it actually needed to be. Such rash decisions are not only hurting the fans, but also the players and the coaches.

I obviously know that kespa is the main entity to blame here, but ESF is not making the matters any better by pulling out of the OSL. Anyways, it seems like Blizzard is coming to try to resolve things, it would have been nice to know their input before ESF decided to pull out of the OSL.

Blizzard, please come to the rescue.

PS: we want LAN
"Life isn't measured by the breaths you take, but by skill in Starcraft"
ragz_gt
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
9172 Posts
August 24 2012 08:46 GMT
#1594
On August 24 2012 17:44 TheAmazombie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 24 2012 17:41 anrimayu wrote:
Here's couple things I didn't mention. Oz isn't listed there only because he wasn't in Korea to be in the conference. Choya is doing damage control because people think Oz bailed on everyone by staying in OSL.

Also the bottom of the article states e-Sports Federation Players Representative Nestea. That's pretty awesome.


Awesome. I hope that Oz does as well. I wonder also what Boxer has to say about all of this since he just signed back on with KeSPa. I feel like he would be for working together, but that may just be our hero-worship there. Haha. I hope we can get a full translation soon.


Well, he is just a coach now, which doesn't translate into a lot power with sponsors (even if he built the team in the first place).
I'm not an otaku, I'm a specialist.
achan1058
Profile Joined February 2012
1091 Posts
August 24 2012 08:47 GMT
#1595
On August 24 2012 17:46 OnFiRe888 wrote:
PS: we want LAN

Are you crazy?? For once I am glad that there is no LAN.
AndAgain
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2621 Posts
August 24 2012 08:47 GMT
#1596
What a fascinating turn of events. Although I doubt Kespa is the type of organization to back down due to something like this.
All your teeth should fall out and hair should grow in their place!
OnFiRe888
Profile Joined October 2010
United States629 Posts
August 24 2012 08:47 GMT
#1597
On August 24 2012 17:47 achan1058 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 24 2012 17:46 OnFiRe888 wrote:
PS: we want LAN

Are you crazy?? For once I am glad that there is no LAN.

*PS: we want LAN, but we don't want kespa to abuse it.
"Life isn't measured by the breaths you take, but by skill in Starcraft"
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
August 24 2012 08:47 GMT
#1598
We need Boxer to come fix everything.
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
JustPassingBy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
10776 Posts
August 24 2012 08:48 GMT
#1599
On August 24 2012 17:45 achan1058 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 24 2012 17:44 TheAmazombie wrote:
On August 24 2012 17:41 anrimayu wrote:
Here's couple things I didn't mention. Oz isn't listed there only because he wasn't in Korea to be in the conference. Choya is doing damage control because people think Oz bailed on everyone by staying in OSL.

Also the bottom of the article states e-Sports Federation Players Representative Nestea. That's pretty awesome.


Awesome. I hope that Oz does as well. I wonder also what Boxer has to say about all of this since he just signed back on with KeSPa. I feel like he would be for working together, but that may just be our hero-worship there. Haha. I hope we can get a full translation soon.

If I am him, I would pull a Jay Wilson on KeSPA.


Care to explain? I don't see the analogy here.
If all, he could pull a Sheth on them (one party failing to fullfill promises, the other completely abandoning them).
ragz_gt
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
9172 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-24 08:49:01
August 24 2012 08:48 GMT
#1600
On August 24 2012 17:46 OnFiRe888 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 24 2012 17:29 ilsamsamchil wrote:
On August 24 2012 17:28 anrimayu wrote:
Well, the Federation decided to keep the GSL players, Nestea, MVP, MC, Parting, San, DRG, and MKP, from playing in the OSL until Kespa stop being greedy assholes to fuck over esports.


http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=1273725&category=102&subcategory=
source

short translation: This was an unfortunate turn of event, especially considering it has only been 4 months since the agreement we have made back in may. Looking back at what happened on gomtv classic, we are worried that this is something that could happen all over again well in the future. Under the agreement of all ESF teams and players who are attending OS(: nestea, mvp, mc, drg, mkp, parting, san), we have agreed to boycott OSL.


Reason stated are scattered all over the announcement but it's mostly because they are worried that GSL might be squeezed out and that might be the end of ESF as well.

(OZ is not in the list because he is not part of ESF, MC ,however is in the list)

good for them.


Well, that escalated quitckly.

I'll be honest with you, this is a poor decision on part of the ESF. I understand that they are upset that the Kespa players are not playing in GSL. But let's be honest, they don't need to, and I think that the hype that could be built between the remergence of Kespa vs Gom could be a great storyline for esports in Korea.

However, that is not the main reason why. You can't fight fire with fire. ESF (up until now) has done nothing to upset the Korean fans, they are not at fault for anything, but right now, you can say ESF is not being any better than Kespa. ESF is denying as much kespa vs gom than kespa is, except, this time, the OSL will not be able to run without the already qualified ESF players. Pulling players out of a qualifier, although for reasons that make many people wonder, is not as bad as completely ruining a tournament. (which is essentially what ESF has done with the OSL). They just made this situation a whole lot more complicated than it actually needed to be. Such rash decisions are not only hurting the fans, but also the players and the coaches.

I obviously know that kespa is the main entity to blame here, but ESF is not making the matters any better by pulling out of the OSL. Anyways, it seems like Blizzard is coming to try to resolve things, it would have been nice to know their input before ESF decided to pull out of the OSL.

Blizzard, please come to the rescue.

PS: we want LAN


Korean fans on esports sites are very supportive from what google trans says. That just shows you how much KeSPA is hated even in Korea when internet actually supportive of anything.
I'm not an otaku, I'm a specialist.
Prev 1 78 79 80 81 82 94 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 28m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 496
Larva 114
Hyun 49
Killer 43
NotJumperer 40
scan(afreeca) 35
Bale 32
ajuk12(nOOB) 16
Hm[arnc] 13
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto113
League of Legends
JimRising 477
Counter-Strike
edward178
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King104
Other Games
summit1g7859
olofmeister852
Coldzera 708
ceh9603
Happy302
Sick145
crisheroes132
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick555
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2307
League of Legends
• Jankos1010
• Stunt351
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 28m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2h 28m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
15h 28m
Patches Events
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.