• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:37
CEST 13:37
KST 20:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202617Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released ASL22 General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10488 users

TL Mafia LVII - Page 70

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 68 69 70 71 72 147 Next
BroodKingEXE
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States829 Posts
September 08 2012 21:48 GMT
#1381
On September 09 2012 06:45 mkfuba07 wrote:
I'm here. I meant to be through the thread already, but I didn't sleep last night, and subsequently fell asleep today while I was making my way through the thread. I quickly scanned through the last few pages, but since I've still missed much of the discussion I can't informedly place my vote. I'm going to have to bandwagon today.

Better start scumhuntijng dude, youve been absent for a long time, since starting.
Playing Protoss = Opponent owned
imallinson
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United Kingdom3482 Posts
September 08 2012 21:48 GMT
#1382
On September 09 2012 06:47 austinmcc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2012 06:42 imallinson wrote:
I've been out all day and caught up with the thread on the bus home. The day is almost over so sorry if this is a bit hasty. I'm not buying BKE's watcher claim.

First a few assumptions I'm making:
1) Mafia has one vig thus had effectively three kp night one not including GK's bomb.
2) Mafia used all their kp. Someone suggested they saved some to out blues but that seems like it would only work if pressure was being put on that blue so I think it's unlikely.
3) Mafia did not shoot Ottox.

If BKE is watcher then GK must have bombed BM and shot BC without a double stack. Therefore we are missing two kp. The only way for this to happen is a combination of a medic/jailer getting a lucky save, a scum shot hit an assassin or the jailer rb'd a scum.

To me this seems very unlikely because BC seems like the better bomb target and barring a medic saving BKE he should be dead. Also missing two kp feels really fishy to me. One getting blocked I could understand but two seems a little far fetched given the information available at the time (that no one apart from the two dead people seemed that town).
If BKE is a watcher then scum did not double stack. He only saw GK, and he wouldn't be lying if he were actually a watcher.

That's what I said: "GK must have bombed BM and shot BC without a double stack."
Liquipedia
BroodKingEXE
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States829 Posts
September 08 2012 21:49 GMT
#1383
Anything else town needs to know?
Playing Protoss = Opponent owned
slOosh
Profile Joined October 2009
3291 Posts
September 08 2012 21:50 GMT
#1384
On September 09 2012 05:13 austinmcc wrote:
EBWOP: by "easiest fakeclaim," I mean he could have claimed to vig ottoxlol, or protect some random person that didn't get killed. Instead he chose to claim something that directly interacted with a guy we know was a target last night, and that someone might have been on, and that causes us to do NK math. Any claim that ends in town doing NK math seems much more ... difficult, because then later stuff can prove/disprove you very easily.

This basically boils down to "if I were scum I'd do a better job" which is not a good reason. I mean we've seen Mattchew fakeclaim, and you could have defended him on the same basis "if I were scum I would have double checked that they were not self aware". The fact is there is no good claim to make because the NK were pretty straightforward.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
September 08 2012 21:55 GMT
#1385
On September 09 2012 06:48 imallinson wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2012 06:47 austinmcc wrote:
On September 09 2012 06:42 imallinson wrote:
I've been out all day and caught up with the thread on the bus home. The day is almost over so sorry if this is a bit hasty. I'm not buying BKE's watcher claim.

First a few assumptions I'm making:
1) Mafia has one vig thus had effectively three kp night one not including GK's bomb.
2) Mafia used all their kp. Someone suggested they saved some to out blues but that seems like it would only work if pressure was being put on that blue so I think it's unlikely.
3) Mafia did not shoot Ottox.

If BKE is watcher then GK must have bombed BM and shot BC without a double stack. Therefore we are missing two kp. The only way for this to happen is a combination of a medic/jailer getting a lucky save, a scum shot hit an assassin or the jailer rb'd a scum.

To me this seems very unlikely because BC seems like the better bomb target and barring a medic saving BKE he should be dead. Also missing two kp feels really fishy to me. One getting blocked I could understand but two seems a little far fetched given the information available at the time (that no one apart from the two dead people seemed that town).
If BKE is a watcher then scum did not double stack. He only saw GK, and he wouldn't be lying if he were actually a watcher.

That's what I said: "GK must have bombed BM and shot BC without a double stack."
I am dumb.


On September 09 2012 06:50 slOosh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2012 05:13 austinmcc wrote:
EBWOP: by "easiest fakeclaim," I mean he could have claimed to vig ottoxlol, or protect some random person that didn't get killed. Instead he chose to claim something that directly interacted with a guy we know was a target last night, and that someone might have been on, and that causes us to do NK math. Any claim that ends in town doing NK math seems much more ... difficult, because then later stuff can prove/disprove you very easily.

This basically boils down to "if I were scum I'd do a better job" which is not a good reason. I mean we've seen Mattchew fakeclaim, and you could have defended him on the same basis "if I were scum I would have double checked that they were not self aware". The fact is there is no good claim to make because the NK were pretty straightforward.
Yes, it does boil down to that, basically. I'm not going to claim to have the best reasons in the world here, but I don't like the BKE lynch, and I'd rather lynch folks I find scummier.
Fe fi fo fum.
Z-BosoN
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Brazil2590 Posts
September 08 2012 21:56 GMT
#1386
@imallinson

I'm guessing they are just missing one shot.
Mafia have 2kp + vigi + bomber to kill with. I agree that ottox was probably a town vigi kill, so there is one kp missing, no?
gk - BC or BM
1 kp - BM or BC
1 kp - ???
It's most likely that the mafia vigi didn't waste his shot, no?
imallinson
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United Kingdom3482 Posts
September 08 2012 22:00 GMT
#1387
On September 09 2012 06:56 Z-BosoN wrote:
@imallinson

I'm guessing they are just missing one shot.
Mafia have 2kp + vigi + bomber to kill with. I agree that ottox was probably a town vigi kill, so there is one kp missing, no?
gk - BC or BM
1 kp - BM or BC
1 kp - ???
It's most likely that the mafia vigi didn't waste his shot, no?

Why would vigi shot be a waste? I figure mafia wants to thin out the town as much as possible thus the vigi is basically an extra kp for the first two nights. I could be wrong but there is more scummy stuff about BKE that was said before he claimed.
Liquipedia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
September 08 2012 22:02 GMT
#1388
Night Falls

[image loading]


BroodKingEXE the Town Watcher has been lynched


you have 24 hours to send in your night actions. Enjoy!



Computer says mafia
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 08 2012 22:02 GMT
#1389
You've got to be fucking kidding me.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
September 08 2012 22:03 GMT
#1390
Also an option that mafia pretty much KNOWS ottox is gonna get killed. Half the town calling for him to be vigi-d. So town may have put a watcher on him to see who came calling. Mafia vigi shooting ottox gives him a legitimate claim later on, can be backed up by watching.

Come to think of it...woulda been interesting if scum had suicided on Ottox last night, in hopes of catching blues on him.
Fe fi fo fum.
Forumite
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden3280 Posts
September 08 2012 22:06 GMT
#1391
Great.

Final thought before I shut down until tomorrow: Bill Murray, get in here!
:3
slOosh
Profile Joined October 2009
3291 Posts
September 08 2012 22:09 GMT
#1392
I don't even.

So Scum decided 1KP on BC was a good idea? ...
GK probably bombed ... so ...
Gah I'm just gonna wait till tomorrow NK to figure it out. By then vigs should have used their second bullet and should claim.

Gonna go cool off first.
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 08 2012 22:13 GMT
#1393
Welp. Gotta grab a drink or something. My apologies to BKE.

I have no idea what happened with the NK's night one. They put a single stack on BC and presumably suicide-bombed DrH. Might have been a medic-save somewhere N1 - that's the only explanation I have.

Going to take a dive through some filters tonight.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Kreb
Profile Joined September 2010
4834 Posts
September 08 2012 22:19 GMT
#1394
On September 09 2012 07:13 Hapahauli wrote:
Welp. Gotta grab a drink or something. My apologies to BKE.

I have no idea what happened with the NK's night one. They put a single stack on BC and presumably suicide-bombed DrH. Might have been a medic-save somewhere N1 - that's the only explanation I have.

Going to take a dive through some filters tonight.

Ok, gonna have to start asking a bit of question here to get into things. First, who is DrH? Cant find any name or role fitting that.
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 08 2012 22:20 GMT
#1395
On September 09 2012 07:19 Kreb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2012 07:13 Hapahauli wrote:
Welp. Gotta grab a drink or something. My apologies to BKE.

I have no idea what happened with the NK's night one. They put a single stack on BC and presumably suicide-bombed DrH. Might have been a medic-save somewhere N1 - that's the only explanation I have.

Going to take a dive through some filters tonight.

Ok, gonna have to start asking a bit of question here to get into things. First, who is DrH? Cant find any name or role fitting that.


BlackMamba24 = smurf for DrHelvetica (a.k.a DrH)
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Z-BosoN
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Brazil2590 Posts
September 08 2012 22:20 GMT
#1396
DrH = BlackMamba24
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 08 2012 22:29 GMT
#1397
Rewok

Since BKE flipped town, this caught my eye:

On September 08 2012 01:27 Rewok wrote:
TBH with you, I'm a little hesitant to lynch BKE. I'll vote for him because it's better to get some blood than no blood, but it wouldn't hurt to open our search up a little bit. Don't we have more than 24 hours left?

Personally, I've had Mav on my radar for awhile because of posts he had on both Mattchew and Ottox (will find them later - gotta run to work now.) And this recent ShaoPi thing seems rather fishy as well.

So here's my ##vote BKE, with the readiness to unvote it and switch it up if we find someone better.


First he's hesitant to lynch BKE. Then he wants to vote for him because "it's better to get some blood than no blood" - NOT because he thinks BKE is mafia.

He then points fingers at two people (Mav and ShiaoPi).

Vigi shot anyone?
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Forumite
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden3280 Posts
September 08 2012 22:42 GMT
#1398
On September 09 2012 07:29 Hapahauli wrote:
Rewok

Since BKE flipped town, this caught my eye:

Show nested quote +
On September 08 2012 01:27 Rewok wrote:
TBH with you, I'm a little hesitant to lynch BKE. I'll vote for him because it's better to get some blood than no blood, but it wouldn't hurt to open our search up a little bit. Don't we have more than 24 hours left?

Personally, I've had Mav on my radar for awhile because of posts he had on both Mattchew and Ottox (will find them later - gotta run to work now.) And this recent ShaoPi thing seems rather fishy as well.

So here's my ##vote BKE, with the readiness to unvote it and switch it up if we find someone better.


First he's hesitant to lynch BKE. Then he wants to vote for him because "it's better to get some blood than no blood" - NOT because he thinks BKE is mafia.

He then points fingers at two people (Mav and ShiaoPi).

Vigi shot anyone?
I noticed this one too, didn´t think more about it at the time. He´s wishy-washy and doesn´t seem to want to take responsibility for the vote, though he´s definetly not the only one going by the "lynch for info" style of thought.

I don´t want to call a vigishot, not right after failing my read on BKE.
:3
BroodKingEXE
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States829 Posts
September 08 2012 22:49 GMT
#1399
Onwards! GL town <3
Playing Protoss = Opponent owned
Z-BosoN
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Brazil2590 Posts
September 08 2012 22:57 GMT
#1400
BKE played this awfully... I think two things could have absolved him (disregarding his poor choices of decisions toward the very end):

1) Him leaving a breadcrumb. This would make his claim seem more believable...

2) A vet confirming my question earlier on, a question in which I probably would have insisted in if I weren't unnecessarily pressured to having defending myself during the last hours of day two.

He's saying that he visited BC and got back GK, because GK was the only one who visited him, when he exploded over BC.
I'm not too comfortable lynching a watcher this early in the game, should he be telling the truth.
To the vets: how common is there for there to be a watcher in a game of this size? Because if he is lying right now, the real watcher will screw him over later in the game, no?
I'll think more about his claim, it seems way too convenient.


This makes me highly suspicious of the remaining vets. Because BKE would clearly be a scumtell later on once the real watcher showed himself and attacked BKE. The only information that was required was the likelihood of there actually being a watcher, in which case BKE's claim would have been stupid as hell, as we were certainly gonna peg him scum once the real watcher showed himself.

I don't like how none of the veterans helped out at all during all of this. I am strongly inclined to think that at least one of them is scum. I also expected hapa to consider this, because something similar happened in XXIV (thrawn's vigi claim would have been utterly stupid as scum, because the real vigi would simply unmask him later on.)

The situation here was a bit more delicate, because we don't know for certain if there HAS to be a watcher. If someone could confirm the likelihood of there being a watcher (as I think it is very high), then BKE might actually have been saved.

But I'm sure that if this were the case, then at least someone with more experience would manifest himself.

I myself should have just not bothered with the crappy case against me, because lynching a watcher is quite a loss, and I should have been more insistent of when I thought of this possibility.

We are still in a good position, and I will go over the vets' filter, probably tomorrow.

@austin
Now that you cannot possibly lynch me, save your case against me for day 3, should we both live. Discuss what I've discussed here, and see if you agree. If your case against me had come a little bit later, (it was 5 minutes after the quote referenced above), I would have interpreted this as scum-motivated attempt, because it could have been an intentional disruption.
Your attack on me couldn't have been more badly timed, and your reasoning for giving up on voting for BKE would have even gotten my support if I had a clearer head about my initial thought on how stupid it would be for a watcher fakeclaim, if the odds are there is always a watcher.

You are thick, but I'm confident that I can defend myself against your arguments if you can be more objective and less narrative/judgemental with your cases.

@Hapa: I don't like how you ignored/didn't see this possibility. Also, you hopped on austin's poor arguments needlessly, as it was clearly not going to get anything done, and even questioned a distant post I had made. His case against me seemed genuine (but stupid), your decision to hop on it + not even considering this point I made about a BKE fakeclaim out of the blue, after having said that you thought I was a "confirmed townie" did not.




After cooling off and having thought more carefully about this, I feel very strongly about this point. Now that I have basically called everyone out, someone please confirm, as I am confident there is at least a townie vet:

Can we, with bloodyc0bbler's 100% certainty, assume that there necessarily is one, and just one watcher?? If not 100%, how likely is it?
Prev 1 68 69 70 71 72 147 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko249
LamboSC2 117
Codebar 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23741
Calm 5957
Rain 2132
Bisu 1221
FanTaSy 838
Jaedong 454
Horang2 442
Rush 366
Soma 340
BeSt 251
[ Show more ]
Stork 228
Zeus 219
Mini 156
Light 119
Larva 110
Mong 90
Hyun 85
Barracks 84
Pusan 77
Mind 76
Snow 67
ZerO 66
910 66
Free 48
ToSsGirL 36
Killer 35
Yoon 32
NaDa 28
Sexy 28
Shinee 27
sorry 19
Hm[arnc] 14
Terrorterran 14
Noble 13
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6289
Counter-Strike
fl0m1395
olofmeister1077
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King70
Other Games
gofns56026
singsing1802
B2W.Neo543
dupreeh380
crisheroes281
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2214
Other Games
• WagamamaTV142
Upcoming Events
OSC
11h 23m
Big Brain Bouts
22h 23m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 5h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 7h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 22h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.