• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:18
CEST 04:18
KST 11:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6460 users

[G] Comprehensive SC2 League and Ladder Guide - Page 50

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 48 49 50 51 52 84 Next
Fede
Profile Joined January 2011
Uruguay114 Posts
November 12 2011 22:41 GMT
#981
Anyone else not getting points after win? I thought this bug was already fixed...
Rykyu
Profile Joined March 2011
France19 Posts
November 13 2011 16:44 GMT
#982
This is starting to get really long -_-. I'm in masters and for the last week or so, I've been facing a mix of masters and high diamonds (most of which say they're experiencing the same thing as I am). I decided I wanted to get promoted this weekend so I played a lot of ladder. Right now, I'm at 26 wins, 15 losses and more than half (60-65%) of my opponents are now (mid-low) masters. I'm ranked #195 in my region (EU). To me, 41 games in 2 days is a LOT of games. It seems like b.net is taunting me, refusing to promote me. I'm just looking for a bit of support here cause it's getting on my nerves ^_^. After almost a year of diamond, I really want to get promoted to that shiny blue masters.
Morphs
Profile Joined July 2010
Netherlands645 Posts
November 14 2011 16:17 GMT
#983
Not sure if anyone already noticed this, but in S4 it seems like the system is more conservative with the matching. I.e. the system will more often match you against other people who have about the same rank. I've been winning a lot and still I face mostly top 25 plat players as I am a top 25 plat player as well.

I don't really mind since it gives a lot of points and pretty easy wins at the moment, but I remember from S2 that in a similar situation I was facing mostly top 25 diamond players.
Geos13
Profile Joined May 2011
437 Posts
November 15 2011 08:08 GMT
#984
Did anyone notice that today(about 13 hours ago) blizzard posted a new item on the sc2 front page titled "Climbing the Ladder How to Earn a League Promotion" the link was http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/3947374/Climbing_the_Ladder_How_to_Earn_a_League_Promotion-11_14_2011#blog but it no longer works.

So what happened was this item went up and said that you could 99% guarantee a promotion if you reached a certain number of points which could be found by consulting a table. This table was not included in the post and the three people who had commented all pointed this out(made fun of blizzard for forgetting). It also mentioned something about the lock happening around december 8? Anyways 10 minutes later it was gone. I thought they would post it back up with the table later but it hasn't happened. Did anyone else see this? I thought there was no easy system to getting promoted...
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
November 15 2011 18:46 GMT
#985
On October 29 2011 08:11 korona wrote:
I browsed through random platinum & diamond divisions searching for players who had to go through 5 placement matches. Here are some who did not have 1v1 league placement during season 3 and now had to go through 5 placements. Their sc2ranks URL did not contain ru, so they are most likely originally from EU too. There seems to be lots of players whose MMR was reset after inactivity.

3 of these 4 players did not have any league placements in season 3. If I remember correctly it was 20 or more weeks since they had played 1v1 matches before s4 placements. Based on so small sample size I cannot figure out the conditions for when MMR reset happens and when it does not.

Last 1v1 league placement during season 2:

Lotson: http://sc2ranks.com/eu/296842/Lotson
Berhomus: http://sc2ranks.com/eu/2016258/Berhomus
Moped: http://sc2ranks.com/eu/591403/Moped

Last 1v1 league placement during season 1:

Arkh: http://sc2ranks.com/eu/409906/Arkh

(edit: spelling fixes)


Okay I got some clarification on this that explains the discrepancy. Your 1v1 MMR is tied to your Random Team MMR. That is, if you didn't play any 1v1 for one season but you did play Random Team games, then the following season your 1v1 MMR would not be reset. Call it a bug or a hidden feature or whatever, but that's why we're seeing inconsistent results.
Moderator
neoliet
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1 Post
November 16 2011 00:46 GMT
#986
Geos: I saw the same post made from inside SC today, here's the link...
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/3947374/Climbing_the_Ladder_How_to_Earn_a_League_Promotion-11_15_2011

It includes the table. Seems like the system is "win a lot, lose less than you win" and you're "mostly" guaranteed a promotion. Doesn't seem like too much new information other than giving players a point value to work towards.
SDream
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Brazil896 Posts
November 16 2011 01:56 GMT
#987
There is no new information in this blog post, Blizzard is just giving the "noobs" (the ones that don't understand this guide) a "north" so they don't feel 100% lost.

Nothing "changed" in our knowledge nor in the system itself.
Kyamo
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada129 Posts
November 16 2011 14:26 GMT
#988


Okay I got some clarification on this that explains the discrepancy. Your 1v1 MMR is tied to your Random Team MMR. That is, if you didn't play any 1v1 for one season but you did play Random Team games, then the following season your 1v1 MMR would not be reset. Call it a bug or a hidden feature or whatever, but that's why we're seeing inconsistent results.


Interesting. The reverse must be true as well, since my 4v4 random did not reset even though I did not play any 4v4 games last season. I did play 1v1.
youngtrotsky
Profile Joined April 2011
United States7 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-17 17:35:11
November 17 2011 17:33 GMT
#989
I don't understand how division tiers work, unless I have just always been placed into the top tier. If you are in a lower division tier do you automatically start with more than 0 points when you join the division? If not, when is this points offset added to your displayed number of points? The OP and the liquipedia pages on this both give specific values, in multiples of 63 points, that are added to players displayed ratings if they are in lower tier divisions, but also says that everyone starts with 0 points or '73 + spent bonus' if you get promoted/demoted when they join a division. I can't get my head around this, anyone care to enlighten me? Thanks.
SDream
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Brazil896 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-17 18:59:03
November 17 2011 18:39 GMT
#990
On November 18 2011 02:33 youngtrotsky wrote:
I don't understand how division tiers work, unless I have just always been placed into the top tier. If you are in a lower division tier do you automatically start with more than 0 points when you join the division? If not, when is this points offset added to your displayed number of points? The OP and the liquipedia pages on this both give specific values, in multiples of 63 points, that are added to players displayed ratings if they are in lower tier divisions, but also says that everyone starts with 0 points or '73 + spent bonus' if you get promoted/demoted when they join a division. I can't get my head around this, anyone care to enlighten me? Thanks.


Everyone starts with 0 points, be them bronze lowest tier or diamond highest tier. The difference is that that ZERO actually doesn't mean the same thing! A "platinum A" with zero points has actually 40-70 more points than a "platinum B" with the "same" zero points, and that's why we call it "offset", it's hidden, you can't see, but they have a purpose.

Example:

A diamond F has 600 (adjusted) points. A master player has 30 adjusted points. Then the matchmaking system look at them and know: they are at the exact same skill! Why does the system thinks that? Because the system know that a diamond F has almost 600 points more than a master player, so, if this diamond ever reach the master zone, he will have 600 (adjusted) points before getting his promotion.

If you don't know what adjusted points mean, reread OP.

Then you might wonder: where those 600 "extra" points come from???????? From his victories, of course. There would be no reason to make him start with 600 points, he would simply be placed in the master league direct. The reason he starts with zero points and that league in that division is because that WAS his skill when he did place there. If he underperforms he will be demoted, if he overperform he will get more and more points, till he reach the limit with the other leagues then he will get a promotion.

Hope you understand now, because I did my best and can't explain better =(
SDream
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Brazil896 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-17 23:15:28
November 17 2011 22:17 GMT
#991
I think I should take the opportunity to write down these numbers Blizzard is giving us.

If anything, the adjusted points part of it should work for every league and give us a clue about the offsets.

7 weeks of bonus pool means: 630 points of bonus pool alone for Masters and GMs. 365 points for Diamond and bellow (1x1 and random teams).

So, we can convert Blizzard numbers to adjusted points numbers, that will work regardless of day, season lenght etc:

Americas 1x1:

B -> S: 835
S -> G: 435
G -> P: 435
P -> D: 435
D -> M: 535
M -> GM: 770

Then there is the question, which division rank are they looking at? It would make sense for them to either get the lowest one or the most populated one (generallly the second lowest, Diamond E, Platinum A etc), but they could also have made a n average, then it gets difficult to deal ;_;

Anyway, master to GM doesn't matter for us here.

Diamond to master: If we use our "old" know numbers (63 per tier + 150 from S to Masters), that reaches almost exactly the bottom of diamond rank F, there's 7 points left and it could be the confidence buffer.

But then we have more questions, why is Platinum to Diamond only 100 points behind if they only have 3 tiers? It would mean that the difference between tiers is higher than 100, but that's not what my data appoited, it could also means that zero points at silver, gold and platinum is a pretty low number even for these leagues, like, if you are an active player with zero points in plat, you are actually a gold-silver player level, as a normal active platinum would have 300 points at least or something. 300 (at platinum rank B) is platinum "zero", if you know what I mean. The question is: is there an active platinum players with less than 300 adjusted points that isn't facing demotion soon? It's something to look at.

One thing that also point to the same conclusion is how bronze to silver have exactly 300 less points than diamond to master, despite them both having 7 tiers! That means that Blizzard have put an extra 300 points for Bronze <-> Platinum players, so they feel like earning more points, making 300 the new "zero" there. A gold with 200 AP would actually be Silver level etc. I was suspecting that for some months, but I thought it would be way less than 300 points (I thought it was 60-120 points). Maybe they changed it more in season 4, as I have zero data from it.

Edit: Well, bronze shouldn't have the 150 points "till master" jump either, so it's actually a 450 points difference? I am confused right now, I think I'd better check data from players instead of overthinking things here ^^

Edit2: Most gold players I looked right now that are facing low-mid platinuns have 280+ adjusted points and have a 220 difference point with the platinun players. Which means that these Blizzard numbers could be very off instead of a huge offset from zero.
Imalengrat
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia365 Posts
November 18 2011 01:05 GMT
#992
I think that this should be updated as it seems to be a new feature that blizzard have added.

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/3947374/Climbing_the_Ladder_How_to_Earn_a_League_Promotion-11_15_2011#c-3595509581

Seems positive.
Mass Motherships Counters Almost everything
voy
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Poland348 Posts
November 21 2011 15:47 GMT
#993
Thats not a feature. That's only a hint when a player can expect a promotion. Thats it.

One way to almost guarantee a promotion by next season is to earn the number of division ladder points given in the corresponding table entry below by December 13, in anticipation of a December 20 season roll.


This article has been written to stop/answer all the forum spamming/whining/questioning about the promotion stuff. But I think this only "almost" works when player MMR is zero or he has low number of games.
I'm a man with a dream. And I look good in jeans. graphic designer looking for freelance work.
Murbs
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada3 Posts
November 21 2011 17:39 GMT
#994
On November 18 2011 10:05 Imalengrat wrote:
I think that this should be updated as it seems to be a new feature that blizzard have added.

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/3947374/Climbing_the_Ladder_How_to_Earn_a_League_Promotion-11_15_2011#c-3595509581

Seems positive.


I don't think it's a new feature so much as it is a guideline. Earning the amount of points they've listed does not guarantee a promotion.
I think, therefore I am.
MrJoKer
Profile Joined November 2011
France232 Posts
November 27 2011 19:31 GMT
#995
Whaow ! I read all your post and it's very great : D ty
@AbeggJip
Basic
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada288 Posts
November 28 2011 19:54 GMT
#996
Great post, thanks for this very impressive collection of information.
SC2NeCro
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada507 Posts
November 29 2011 04:48 GMT
#997
Nice and thorough guide. Thanks for posting this.
Fav Terran: forGG, aLive, Jinro ||| Fav Zerg: Moon, TLO, DRG ||| Fav Protoss: Genius, Grubby, ToD
edengoldyon
Profile Joined December 2011
Belgium3 Posts
December 01 2011 08:56 GMT
#998
--- Nuked ---
spacestars
Profile Joined December 2011
3 Posts
December 04 2011 15:39 GMT
#999
awesome
Snuggles
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1865 Posts
December 04 2011 17:57 GMT
#1000
After looking back on my promotion a month ago... it really just boils down to winning more than you lose to the players in the league you want to be in...
Prev 1 48 49 50 51 52 84 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings182
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 188
ProTech129
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 223
Terrorterran 26
Bale 18
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm203
League of Legends
Doublelift5808
JimRising 708
Counter-Strike
taco 195
minikerr34
Other Games
summit1g11908
C9.Mang0391
PiLiPiLi12
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1136
BasetradeTV200
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream48
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP175
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 42m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
8h 42m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 42m
Replay Cast
20h 42m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 8h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.