• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:35
CEST 02:35
KST 09:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9050 users

Newbie Mini Mafia XX - Page 44

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 58 Next
YourHarry
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
July 11 2012 03:45 GMT
#861
So mathematically, I don't think it makes a difference. So I am OK to proceed either way. If we save Bass lynch for later, we will have more contributions toward discussion in scum hunting. One issue I see with this approach is that, if Bass is mafia and and we fail to find the miller by day 4, he just needs to convince one of the two remaining players to change the course of the plan. If the last three remaining players are Bass, X and Y.

He can say to X: "Look I am pretty sure you are not mafia and you know it. As far as you are concerned, there is 50% chance Y being the scum. I also have 50% chance of being mafia. So it should be OK for you to pick between me and Y." But this would be flawed, because probability of Y being mafia is actually 25%. So this could possibly screw our plan.
Never!
BassInSpace
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia165 Posts
July 11 2012 03:50 GMT
#862
On ky phone now, I must of course be the miller. If there atre Any cases against me I will respond to them when I get bavk as well as providing my thoughts on the current situation.
YourHarry
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
July 11 2012 03:54 GMT
#863
On July 11 2012 12:50 BassInSpace wrote:
On ky phone now, I must of course be the miller. If there atre Any cases against me I will respond to them when I get bavk as well as providing my thoughts on the current situation.


Hehe. Too bad, you are either getting ignored until day 5 or you are getting lynched today
Never!
YourHarry
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
July 11 2012 03:56 GMT
#864
Well, I wouldn't quite say "ignored" but you know what i mean
Never!
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
July 11 2012 03:58 GMT
#865
We're not going to ignore him. Hell if we can establish a case on him, we might have grounds to lynch him today as opposed to D4 or D5. In addition, if he has strong enough of a townie read, we might not lynch him at all.

@BassInSpace - While we wait for someone to post a case/defense against you: who do you believe is(are) the best lynch target(s) for Day 3?
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
July 11 2012 04:29 GMT
#866
Are there any rules on posting requirements regarding Night and Day cycles? Mackin did not post the entirety of the N2 cycle, and I've seen players get modkilled for this in the past
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
YourHarry
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
July 11 2012 04:45 GMT
#867
modkilling mackin would be desirable for town

our chance of winning would go up to

Situation 1, we lynch Bass D3.
50% chance of Bass flipping Mafia (50% chance of victory)
50% chance of bass flipping miller
1/3 chance of lynching correct D4 (1/3 of 50% = 16.7%)
2/3 chance of mislynching D4 ---> 1/2 chance of lynching correct D5 (1/2 of 2/3 of 50% = 16.7%)

Chance of winning: 83.3% :D
Never!
YourHarry
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
July 11 2012 04:46 GMT
#868
Not posting for 24 hours during night cycle could be the basis for modkill? Interesting.
Never!
YourHarry
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
July 11 2012 04:50 GMT
#869
BTW, that was not a scum slip thinking that makin is not a scum, as makin scum would equal instant win.
Never!
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
July 11 2012 04:52 GMT
#870
Yah here it is in the OP:

Activity:
You must post in this thread once per day/night cycle and vote every day while you are alive. If you fail to do so, you will be modkilled.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
YourHarry
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
July 11 2012 04:55 GMT
#871
On July 11 2012 13:52 Hapahauli wrote:
Yah here it is in the OP:

Show nested quote +
Activity:
You must post in this thread once per day/night cycle and vote every day while you are alive. If you fail to do so, you will be modkilled.


Cool! Mod kill Mod kill :D LOL

Actually would this make things less interesting.

But no more mod kill please. More than 1 mod kill = bad :D

OK I should start posting some content.
Never!
JieXian
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Malaysia4677 Posts
July 11 2012 04:59 GMT
#872
Before going I can't help but to say

Evul that was an idiotic move investigating Bass
Please send me a PM of any song you like that I most probably never heard of! I am looking for people to chat about writing and producing music | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noD-bsOcxuU |
The_Zen_Man
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden202 Posts
July 11 2012 07:35 GMT
#873
As others might have guessed, i was roleblocked. I read the check on bassin, and i believe 50% mafia is good numbers. For now ##Vote BassinSpace
Mackin
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Ireland181 Posts
July 11 2012 08:44 GMT
#874
I was sure I had posted during the night? Damnit if I haven't.

Anyway I was suspicious of Bass already as multiple times he's been hinting to lynch me.

He'll be getting my vote anyways.
Serenity
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
July 11 2012 10:44 GMT
#875
No modkills. Carry on darlings.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Evulrabbitz
Profile Joined July 2012
Sweden134 Posts
July 11 2012 11:35 GMT
#876
I honestly don't see how it was idiotic to investigate Bass. Oh well, that's for post game discussion.
BassInSpace
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia165 Posts
July 11 2012 12:23 GMT
#877
Evul, I'm pretty sure JieXian meant to say that you should've investigated YourHarry since there was actually a case building against him, and your result on him would have either stopped us from wasting time on him, or aided us in getting his lynch.

Also:

On July 11 2012 10:37 Evulrabbitz wrote:
Oh man I asked that question like a jackass. It should have been vanilla townie or miller. Anyway, we got the answer.

Building a case against BassInSpace is pointless. It will all come down to WIFOM. There is probably nothing that can stop us from lynching him. He will die either today or tomorrow. If it's because he is scum or he is very unlucky, that is what we are about to find out. Not lynching him now would be stupid.


So what you are basically saying is, there is not enough evidence to actually lynch me other than WIFOM? I would then argue that if you can't find evidence against me, you should probably look for scummy behaviour somewhere else, since I'm still a town vote that you will lose should you lynch me. I am obviously going to side with Hapa here; whenever you choose to lynch me, you have a 50% chance of lynching mafia. However, by actually keeping me alive and looking for actual scummy behaviour from others, you are only increasing your chances of winning. I'm not gonna do the math, since others have already done it for me.

As for who I think could me mafia? Mackin has been lurking. He could be taking everyone else's complacency as an excuse to not do anything. He is eager for my lynch simply because I've been "hinting" to lynch him. However, can anyone say that my pressure on Mackin was not justified (again, he himself admitted I had valid points against him)? I was not the only one who was suspicious of him, and I had to poke him a few times before he would finally clarify his position, since it seemed everyone else was focusing on other players while he was suspected but never prodded.

The previous points made about YourHarry still stand (at least until he actually starts scum hunting again). His eagerness to jump on my lynch without considering alternatives also isn't a point in his favour.
Evulrabbitz
Profile Joined July 2012
Sweden134 Posts
July 11 2012 12:38 GMT
#878
What I am "basically saying" is that any case against you and any case for you will come down to WIFOM. There is no way to prove that you are townie without saying "He might be acting to seem townie" just as there is no way to prove you are scum.

What we do know is that you are either miller or scum.
BassInSpace
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia165 Posts
July 11 2012 14:11 GMT
#879
Evul

I am obviously going to side with Hapa here; whenever you choose to lynch me, you have a 50% chance of lynching mafia. However, by actually keeping me alive and looking for actual scummy behaviour from others, you are only increasing your chances of winning.


I take it you disagree with what I said above and still want to lynch me?

What I am "basically saying" is that any case against you and any case for you will come down to WIFOM. There is no way to prove that you are townie without saying "He might be acting to seem townie" just as there is no way to prove you are scum.


The whole point of mafia is to use logic to find scum. According to your logic then all of mafia is WIFOM. If you think the 50% chance of me flipping mafia when you don't even have anything against me other than a potential false positive is worth the risk, I'm not sure how I can change your mind. Lynch me and you will have given the mafia another day to live, and lost a town vote.
Evulrabbitz
Profile Joined July 2012
Sweden134 Posts
July 11 2012 15:16 GMT
#880
BassInSpace. As it is now I simply cannot trust anything you say or any case you make. It is too dangerous.

The fact that you even think your votes is of more value to the town than a confirmed townies view is ridiculous. The town has such and advantage the vote doesn't really matter; What matters now is confirming people's roles so their words gain credibility.

If you try to convince me to lynch someone other than you now (which is to some degree understandable) all I will see is potential misleading. If you make your cases against who you think is suspicious and, if lynched, flip green, they all know that the information you have provided is 100% town-aligned.

I don't choose who to investigate by chance. I chose you because all trough this game you have been trying to make a case against Mackin but when the voting is due you jump onto the most voted person (granted you did have to chose between Lazer and Hopeless, but the concept still stands). I found that somewhat scummy and decided to investigate.
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 58 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 25m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 67
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 458
Bale 35
Dota 2
monkeys_forever628
League of Legends
Doublelift4239
Other Games
summit1g9821
JimRising 500
ViBE235
Livibee186
KnowMe173
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick686
BasetradeTV186
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 122
• Adnapsc2 37
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1302
• Shiphtur561
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 25m
Patches Events
14h 25m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 25m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 25m
OSC
22h 25m
OSC
1d 11h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.