• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:55
CEST 15:55
KST 22:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9329 users

"##" Mafia - Page 33

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 245 Next
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 28 2013 14:27 GMT
#641
Most of the case on Pandain seems to come down to him playing bad or weird. But I don't know what that means. Someone said to me after I died about Pandain flipped mafia in Hogwarts - "I should have known, he was posting too sensibly". So, yeah.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 28 2013 14:29 GMT
#642
On October 28 2013 22:44 WaveofShadow wrote:
Hai marv.
I can talk about Prome for just a little bit atm if you'd like, but I'm nor sure how long I'll be around so we won't be able to pick each other's brains as per usual. What exactly were you saving up regarding your townread of him to tell me?

Oh and regarding Seuss (monte it's so weird to call you that) he seems pretty town to me. Like he said I coached him and his behaviour falls pretty in line with his last newbie, as well as what you determined to be him rolefishing. I give him the WaveofShadow newbie stamp of approval for now, though I would really like to hear some reads from him, as I know he is pretty capable of good analysis with way less to work with than has been posted in this thread.


Yay stamp of approval.

Now that I'm not distracted by marv here are my current thoughts.

Promethelax: Probably town. When I, an unknown entity, entered the thread his first response was to solicit my opinion in a neutral way, and keep drawing more information from me regarding my mindset. This was good, pro-town play, as it lets him and everyone else get the chance to form a read on me. In general I'd call him inquisitive, he likes poking where there's gaps in information. He's been a bit more confrontational with some of the other posters, but confrontational isn't inherently anti-town. Without him we'd probably know a lot less right now. I can get why people would find his "I can't meta Pandain" and apparent lack of scum reads concerning, but on the whole I think he's clearly town.

strongandbig: No idea, but unless he starts posting a crapton before the voting deadline I think we're better off pursuing someone else. We stand to learn absolutely nothing by lynching him, though applying pressure might help loosen his tongue.

Oatsmaster: Maybe scum. There's still a lot of "if so-and-so is Y, so-and-so #2 is X" without an explanation of the logic. I don't think it makes sense for him to give marv a pass for not talking about who he doesn't want to talk about, but not give Promethelax a similar pass for not following up where he doesn't want to follow up. He says he's made a strong case but you have to go back through about 30 posts and pick it up in bits and pieces, which is time consuming and not all that convincing. I realize this may just be his posting style and "meta" or whatever, but I find it obfuscates information more than I'd like.

You guys move faster than I can analyze and parse. Waugh.

"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 28 2013 14:31 GMT
#643
Without need to explain yourself further. Do you think I am town Seuss?
I had a good night of sleep.
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
October 28 2013 14:32 GMT
#644
Suess. I consolidated all my scum reads, and the reasons for them in one post. So yeah. Read the thread. In fact the only reason for you to think about SnB would be the post in which I mention him as a possible scum read since litterally no one else has mentioned him. So you know I posted that post. What gives?
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 28 2013 14:32 GMT
#645
On October 28 2013 23:13 Clarity_nl wrote:
I think we both know I'm not, oats
But anyway, let's go with your thing. Does that make me scum to you?

yes
No gg, No skill.
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 28 2013 14:32 GMT
#646
Yes.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
October 28 2013 14:33 GMT
#647
yes+ Show Spoiler +
just following thread sentiment
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 28 2013 14:36 GMT
#648
On October 28 2013 23:32 Promethelax wrote:
Suess. I consolidated all my scum reads, and the reasons for them in one post. So yeah. Read the thread. In fact the only reason for you to think about SnB would be the post in which I mention him as a possible scum read since litterally no one else has mentioned him. So you know I posted that post. What gives?


I mentioned strongandbig previously as well, before you did in fact. He was still on my mind and since people asked for my reads I included it.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
October 28 2013 14:38 GMT
#649
On October 28 2013 23:27 marvellosity wrote:
Most of the case on Pandain seems to come down to him playing bad or weird. But I don't know what that means. Someone said to me after I died about Pandain flipped mafia in Hogwarts - "I should have known, he was posting too sensibly". So, yeah.

Well those are your thoughts on the cases on Pandain, what about your thoughts on Pandain?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 28 2013 14:38 GMT
#650
On October 28 2013 23:32 Seuss wrote:
Yes.

Then do
##Update Koshi
What is holding you back?
I had a good night of sleep.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 28 2013 14:40 GMT
#651
Similar, I stated earlier I don't know what to think of him, and that remains the case. The thing I dislike most still is that he thought rayn's original Incinerate was real, when if he had just done any reading of the rules or Crossfire's post about 3 above his, he would realise it was fake. And that's not much to go on.

Like rayn's point about Pandain's confidence, I don't see why that would be a scumtell in any way for Pandain; as referenced earlier, Pandain happily calls himself totally right and confirmed town as mafia.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 28 2013 14:41 GMT
#652
On October 28 2013 23:38 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2013 23:32 Seuss wrote:
Yes.

Then do
##Update Koshi
What is holding you back?


As a matter of principle I'm holding off on powering anyone up, despite marv's admonishing me. You also are pretty light on your posts, so while I think you're town now that may change and I don't want to make a snap decision I'll regret later.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
October 28 2013 14:42 GMT
#653
Koshi, why is getting powered up your only concern? Have you considered playing the game and not the roles?
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
October 28 2013 14:47 GMT
#654
Seuss your reads are alright, keep it up. I think you'll find if you continue to play with us why your read on Oats is the way it is. Shit just tends not to apply to Oats, though I must say I have actually liked Oats' play this game which is odd for me.

There are a lot of people we have yet to really hear much from and that bothers me.

Alright leaving for now. Before I come back I'm going to try and have a look at Prome in the context of marv's analysis of him because I'd like to put that to bed one way or another and move on.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 28 2013 14:48 GMT
#655
Koshi - same question to you as to Oats, does it make any difference if you're powered up now or at the end of the day?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 28 2013 14:49 GMT
#656
On October 28 2013 23:42 Promethelax wrote:
Koshi, why is getting powered up your only concern? Have you considered playing the game and not the roles?

It's not my only concern. I don't know yet who I will vote but I think Oats, rayn, marv look quite townie. I am eagerly awaiting Sentinel and WoS doing their action. And meanwhile I am gathering votes.
I had a good night of sleep.
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
October 28 2013 14:49 GMT
#657
Hey guys
I like promethelax and oatsmaster
Nothing as meta as Marv had (tho I don't disagree) but prome makes sense and his thread presence seems to be working towards a scumhunting-positive environment
Oats has way better SNR than I think he does as scum
Don't want to power up Marv yet and probably not at all today unless we decide to just power everybody, not bc I think he's scum but bc I can't trust a town read on him this early in the game unless he does something unintentionally telling, which he hasn't yet

Best case so far in the thread has been oatsmaster's case on pandaman, so weird.

I'm a belieber
##yolo Promethelax
##Refudiate Oatsmaster
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 28 2013 14:50 GMT
#658
On October 28 2013 23:48 marvellosity wrote:
Koshi - same question to you as to Oats, does it make any difference if you're powered up now or at the end of the day?

Nha, I need x votes at the end of the day to do y. Then I can do y on z where z is a somebody who gave me one of the x. But it's all crap. Remember this because I won't reveal more ever.
I had a good night of sleep.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 28 2013 14:53 GMT
#659
Ok thats a really bad reason to call me scum Seuss.

Oatsmaster: Maybe scum. There's still a lot of "if so-and-so is Y, so-and-so #2 is X" without an explanation of the logic. I don't think it makes sense for him to give marv a pass for not talking about who he doesn't want to talk about, but not give Promethelax a similar pass for not following up where he doesn't want to follow up. He says he's made a strong case but you have to go back through about 30 posts and pick it up in bits and pieces, which is time consuming and not all that convincing. I realize this may just be his posting style and "meta" or whatever, but I find it obfuscates information more than I'd like.

Still a lot of associations? Quote more than the one I said about Koshi/rayn/sent please.

Marv and Prome get different treatment because of different meta's.
No gg, No skill.
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
October 28 2013 14:53 GMT
#660
On October 28 2013 23:49 strongandbig wrote:
Hey guys
I like promethelax and oatsmaster
Nothing as meta as Marv had (tho I don't disagree) but prome makes sense and his thread presence seems to be working towards a scumhunting-positive environment
Oats has way better SNR than I think he does as scum
Don't want to power up Marv yet and probably not at all today unless we decide to just power everybody, not bc I think he's scum but bc I can't trust a town read on him this early in the game unless he does something unintentionally telling, which he hasn't yet

Best case so far in the thread has been oatsmaster's case on pandaman, so weird.

I'm a belieber
##yolo Promethelax
##Refudiate Oatsmaster


yo bro ##Yolo
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 245 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Classic vs herO
IntoTheiNu 994
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech131
CosmosSc2 35
Railgan 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 53182
Shuttle 7714
FanTaSy 2023
BeSt 517
Horang2 492
EffOrt 219
Soma 139
Mind 126
Last 124
Pusan 117
[ Show more ]
Zeus 102
Sexy 95
ggaemo 86
hero 72
Hyun 71
Sea.KH 67
Killer 62
Aegong 51
Snow 44
ToSsGirL 32
PianO 31
Bale 24
JYJ 20
NaDa 18
Sacsri 15
zelot 13
Rock 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc3081
qojqva1727
Dendi1194
XcaliburYe270
420jenkins120
Counter-Strike
fl0m3632
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor704
Liquid`Hasu632
Other Games
B2W.Neo924
Beastyqt546
byalli423
Mlord380
Livibee213
Hui .173
ArmadaUGS123
Mew2King61
QueenE53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick725
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream52
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3472
Other Games
• WagamamaTV68
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
1h 5m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 5m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 5m
Replay Cast
9h 5m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 5m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
21h 5m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 20h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 21h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.