• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:59
CEST 03:59
KST 10:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7121 users

"##" Mafia - Page 34

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 245 Next
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
October 28 2013 14:56 GMT
#661
@marv the key point on pandain isn't that his play doesn't make sense, it's that he voted rayne for reasons which were disproven (the #kill thing) but then when that was found out, pandain made up very tenuous reasons to justify his suspicion staying on rayn rather than unvote, look for other reads, reconsider, etc. (saying that attacking bad reasoning is scummy, attackign rayn for "buddying" you when he really doesn't appear to be - bot of which are tenuous reasons in the first place and are doubly so when you're talking about rayn who yells at everyone for what he sees as bad reasoning and who loves to short-term buddy people to do his in-thread buddy cop thing).
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
October 28 2013 14:56 GMT
#662
##Yolo promethelax
my b
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 28 2013 14:57 GMT
#663
##Yolo Promethelax
No gg, No skill.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 28 2013 14:58 GMT
#664
The key point on Pandain is whatever I say it is, s&b, and you're just describing bad/weird again.
Could Pandain be mafia on his play so far? Yes. Could he also be town? Yes.

I obviously haven't missed what you're describing, I just don't put anything strong on it.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 28 2013 14:59 GMT
#665
Basically SnB is repeating my awesome and wonderful case on Pandain, here. And everyone should read it and vote for Pandain.
On October 28 2013 13:47 Oatsmaster wrote:
Ok koshi called me 3p for having a charge role thing. I dont know what it means, but generally town dont call people 3p day 1 because there is no way to know. Scum do know though.

I think Prome is scummy for giving both a town read to rayn and Pandain but not doing anything about Pandains scum read on Rayn.


However, currently I want to lynch Pandain because his vote on Rayn is total bullshit.
He apparently votes for rayn for doing an action that SOUNDS bad. This is important. Pandain doesnt know what Rayn's action is. All he knows is that it sounds bad. Apparently thats enough justification for a vote on Rayn. And when its clear that Rayn is joking, Pandain doesnt retract the vote like a normal townie, no, he finds other stuff to call rayn scum.

And that other stuff doesnt even make sense from a scum perspective.

Show nested quote +
On October 28 2013 07:42 Pandain wrote:
Rayn is the scummiest player posting so far for a number of reasons.

Using powers so fast,
On October 28 2013 06:52 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On October 28 2013 06:50 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
Yeah sure why not. I do like to twerk, and I'd rather cater to marv than koshi, who seems to have disappeared.

wtf is this reasoning?


Mafia post to cast bad thoughts on someone without any want to pursue him.

Buddying Marv.

Not that he's for certain scum as I'm certain the majority of scum have not posted yet, but if I was going to guess one person it would be him or WoS.

So the first point is that Rayn uses powers too fast and therefore he is scum? What a jump in logic, again, Pandain has no idea what Rayn's thing on marv did. Also, Pandain is experienced enough to know that GENERALLY scum dont do knee jerk and stupid stuff, thats what town do.

ok 2nd point, yeah Sent is powering up marv not because he thinks marv is town. Thats bad reasoning and Rayn is right to call it out. But apparently to Pandain, Rayn's post is scummy for casting bad thoughts. But its accurate.

Also Buddying marv. Really? Really pandain?

Everyone including Prome should totally comment on this and do the action thing. ##Refudiate Oatsmaster


No gg, No skill.
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
October 28 2013 14:59 GMT
#666
Phone posting from school, up to page 30

Here is what I can say right now

I've been pretty casual this whole game, down to making puns before game start. My absence is a combination of sleep and my phone freezing.

I already breadcrumbed everything I know about my power, but I still want to figure out where the hosts are before making a decision.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 28 2013 15:00 GMT
#667
Pandain isnt bad though, thats the thing.
No gg, No skill.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 28 2013 15:02 GMT
#668
I'm not going to call Pandain bad as a player, but I think what he's done is well within his capabilities as town.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 28 2013 15:02 GMT
#669
On October 28 2013 23:53 Oatsmaster wrote:
Ok thats a really bad reason to call me scum Seuss.

Show nested quote +
Oatsmaster: Maybe scum. There's still a lot of "if so-and-so is Y, so-and-so #2 is X" without an explanation of the logic. I don't think it makes sense for him to give marv a pass for not talking about who he doesn't want to talk about, but not give Promethelax a similar pass for not following up where he doesn't want to follow up. He says he's made a strong case but you have to go back through about 30 posts and pick it up in bits and pieces, which is time consuming and not all that convincing. I realize this may just be his posting style and "meta" or whatever, but I find it obfuscates information more than I'd like.

Still a lot of associations? Quote more than the one I said about Koshi/rayn/sent please.

Marv and Prome get different treatment because of different meta's.


That was just one example of unexplained logic, but sure.

On October 28 2013 14:25 Oatsmaster wrote:
Man all the time this happens to me, I jump on a townie being scummy to me and scum jumps right on after.
Not that Prome is town and WoS is scum, just that WoS is way more likely to be scum if Prome is town.


That's the only other example. I felt there were more but that was due to my final point. I find your posting style hard to follow so a lot of what I felt were non-sequitur arguments were, on further review, consistent.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 28 2013 15:09 GMT
#670
Sorry man Seuss, I have problems explaining myself coherently

The Prome and WoS was something I was thinking about.
No gg, No skill.
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
October 28 2013 15:19 GMT
#671
On October 28 2013 23:58 marvellosity wrote:
The key point on Pandain is whatever I say it is, s&b, and you're just describing bad/weird again.
Could Pandain be mafia on his play so far? Yes. Could he also be town? Yes.

I obviously haven't missed what you're describing, I just don't put anything strong on it.


well, i guess i just dont agree. i dont see that as bad, i see it as scummy.

the difference is "bad/weird" are things that are bad or dont make sense for town but dont for scum either. if something is bad or doesn't make sense for town but there's a clear link between it and a scum mindset or scum motivation then it's not bad/weird its scummy.

obviously he could be mafia or town based on his play so far. but oat's case is the best one i saw when i was reading through the thread, and i think by reducing it to "bad/weird play" you're well understating it.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
October 28 2013 15:19 GMT
#672
On October 28 2013 23:56 strongandbig wrote:
##Yolo promethelax
my b


how do you feel about your double town reads reading marv as town? Both Oats and I have a lot of out of game time with marv and are good at reading him based on meta. You might remember (or might not) MTG II where I correctly read marv/you as town while Acro pushed for his lynch and I managed to dissuade the thread from that 'lynch' based on my meta read. I see similar things here.

What I'm saying is: 1) marv is good as town 2) both your town reads have a history of reading marv well 3)both your town reads read marv as town 4) why, therefore, do you not believe marv is town? If you believe Oats and I are town you believe in our motivation being townie. You know I am capable of reading marv even against thread sentiment (see above example or look at personality (don't look at personality)) so explain the part I'm missing.
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 28 2013 15:19 GMT
#673
On October 29 2013 00:09 Oatsmaster wrote:
Sorry man Seuss, I have problems explaining myself coherently

The Prome and WoS was something I was thinking about.


It's alright, it doesn't help that my pace is apparently half that of the thread so I'm constantly playing catch up.

I agree with you that Pandain's vote on rayn is bullshit, but what are you going to do if Pandain drops it? How critical is that vote to your read? With how the argument is set up Pandain looks pretty damned either way. If he keeps his vote there he's scum because it's stupid, but if he retracts his vote it was under duress and you can still paint him as scum.

I'm curious because outside of Pandain's odd vote and "emotional late at night" excuse I don't read his actions are particularly scummy.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 28 2013 15:23 GMT
#674
Prome, Oats is terrible at reading me.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
October 28 2013 15:25 GMT
#675
okay, disregard that part. I'm not though.
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 28 2013 15:31 GMT
#676
On October 29 2013 00:19 Seuss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2013 00:09 Oatsmaster wrote:
Sorry man Seuss, I have problems explaining myself coherently

The Prome and WoS was something I was thinking about.


It's alright, it doesn't help that my pace is apparently half that of the thread so I'm constantly playing catch up.

I agree with you that Pandain's vote on rayn is bullshit, but what are you going to do if Pandain drops it? How critical is that vote to your read? With how the argument is set up Pandain looks pretty damned either way. If he keeps his vote there he's scum because it's stupid, but if he retracts his vote it was under duress and you can still paint him as scum.

I'm curious because outside of Pandain's odd vote and "emotional late at night" excuse I don't read his actions are particularly scummy.

It doesnt matter that he drops it now. Its that he didnt drop it when it became very very clear that Rayn was joking.
No gg, No skill.
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
October 28 2013 15:33 GMT
#677
Does anyone else like that SnB didn't come in here apologizing? It feels townie to me that he got right down to brass tacks and didn't shit around being sorry for having to catch up.

I wouldn't lynch him today.
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
October 28 2013 15:40 GMT
#678
On October 29 2013 00:31 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2013 00:19 Seuss wrote:
On October 29 2013 00:09 Oatsmaster wrote:
Sorry man Seuss, I have problems explaining myself coherently

The Prome and WoS was something I was thinking about.


It's alright, it doesn't help that my pace is apparently half that of the thread so I'm constantly playing catch up.

I agree with you that Pandain's vote on rayn is bullshit, but what are you going to do if Pandain drops it? How critical is that vote to your read? With how the argument is set up Pandain looks pretty damned either way. If he keeps his vote there he's scum because it's stupid, but if he retracts his vote it was under duress and you can still paint him as scum.

I'm curious because outside of Pandain's odd vote and "emotional late at night" excuse I don't read his actions are particularly scummy.

It doesnt matter that he drops it now. Its that he didnt drop it when it became very very clear that Rayn was joking.

Yet problem is I found other reasons which were good to me and still were until he upped his game. First half Rayn was real poor play overall
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 28 2013 15:44 GMT
#679
On October 29 2013 00:33 Promethelax wrote:
Does anyone else like that SnB didn't come in here apologizing? It feels townie to me that he got right down to brass tacks and didn't shit around being sorry for having to catch up.

I wouldn't lynch him today.

Nha, he had less than 2 pages in Thug Life mafia in which he was scum and bussed his teammates hardcore. Never said sorry for being less active. In a game that was insanely active.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 28 2013 15:47 GMT
#680
I should say teammate.
I had a good night of sleep.
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 245 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
23:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings120
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 162
ProTech148
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 311
Bale 19
Terrorterran 19
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm229
League of Legends
Doublelift5843
JimRising 738
Counter-Strike
minikerr26
taco 11
Other Games
summit1g12146
C9.Mang0347
PiLiPiLi12
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1069
BasetradeTV164
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream46
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP160
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8h 1m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
9h 1m
Monday Night Weeklies
14h 1m
Replay Cast
21h 1m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 8h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 9h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 22h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.