• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:13
CEST 17:13
KST 00:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7267 users

Beta Key Self-Nominators - Page 33

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 99 Next
IndecisivePenguin
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States771 Posts
April 17 2010 19:18 GMT
#641
On April 18 2010 04:13 thezergk wrote:
Lol IndecisivePenguin is making this contest interesting. By staying in just so others can get it, he's bringing out the worst that this contest has to offer. Instead of trying to help a noob who may or may not contribute to the community (who could be incredibly grateful to the community for receiving a beta key), hes going to prevent anyone from getting it. What a d-bag move.


I'm not preventing anyone from getting it, I'm making sure it'll go to someone else we can trust. It's not like the keys poof into thin air if we don't get them. They'll be distributed elsewhere as the moderators see fit.

I'm not going to help a noob simply because he will be grateful, because that wasn't the point of this nomination process to begin with.
cloudJR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States266 Posts
April 17 2010 19:18 GMT
#642
On April 18 2010 04:13 thezergk wrote:
Lol IndecisivePenguin is making this contest interesting. By staying in just so others can get it, he's bringing out the worst that this contest has to offer. Instead of trying to help a noob who may or may not contribute to the community (who could be incredibly grateful to the community for receiving a beta key), hes going to prevent anyone from getting it. What a d-bag move.


That's not what he is saying at all.
All I can hear are thousands of children screaming imbalance.......
Cheree
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada123 Posts
April 17 2010 19:18 GMT
#643
On April 18 2010 04:13 thezergk wrote:
Lol IndecisivePenguin is making this contest interesting. By staying in just so others can get it, he's bringing out the worst that this contest has to offer. Instead of trying to help a noob who may or may not contribute to the community (who could be incredibly grateful to the community for receiving a beta key), hes going to prevent anyone from getting it. What a d-bag move.

He might be banking on the fact that the organizers won't DESTROY the keys and hold a more sensible contest after this one's over with. It's not a d-bag move, the d-bag move could be from the organizers if they do withold the keys indefinitely.
*wants beta*
Mastermind
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada7096 Posts
April 17 2010 19:19 GMT
#644
I am starting to get quite interested in where this will go.
3FFA
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States3931 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-17 19:22:47
April 17 2010 19:20 GMT
#645
Hot_Bid I know that you guys only have 10 keys as is said here. I mean, did you really think I wouldn't look back on the news post?

edit: after no one gets a key, what happens to them?
"As long as it comes from a pure place and from a honest place, you know, you can write whatever you want."
cloudJR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States266 Posts
April 17 2010 19:20 GMT
#646
On April 18 2010 04:16 Hot_Bid wrote:
New Rule:
All users who have opted in will have to post in the final two hours to confirm their opt in. This will be to remove all users who simply opt in and never read the thread again.

Show nested quote +
On April 18 2010 04:15 frostsphere wrote:
i will stay!

You are not on the list.


Lol thank you for making that rule. That should push out some of those who could care less about this site.
All I can hear are thousands of children screaming imbalance.......
fulmetljaket
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
482 Posts
April 17 2010 19:22 GMT
#647
I WOULD LIKE TO KEEP MYSELF NOMINATED!!!!

[not actually nominating myself, im nominating my brother, but he doesnt come to these forums, so..... yea]
"Hunter Seeker Missile Is Gay, Just Like You." - Anon @ US
IndecisivePenguin
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States771 Posts
April 17 2010 19:23 GMT
#648
I really like the part about the guy not being on the list too haha.

But in all seriousness, it's a great additional rule.
3FFA
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States3931 Posts
April 17 2010 19:24 GMT
#649
On April 18 2010 04:20 cloudJR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2010 04:16 Hot_Bid wrote:
New Rule:
All users who have opted in will have to post in the final two hours to confirm their opt in. This will be to remove all users who simply opt in and never read the thread again.

On April 18 2010 04:15 frostsphere wrote:
i will stay!

You are not on the list.


Lol thank you for making that rule. That should push out some of those who could care less about this site.

Those who could care less about this site don't deserve a SCII beta key and deserve to have an atomic wedgie given to them. Or something to that effect. Anyways.... well, you get the idea.
"As long as it comes from a pure place and from a honest place, you know, you can write whatever you want."
Sworn
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada920 Posts
April 17 2010 19:24 GMT
#650
I will be choosing to stay in the contest for the time being.
"Duty is heavy as a mountain, death is light as a feather." CJ Entus Fighting! <3 Effort
Pergamon
Profile Joined June 2009
Sweden100 Posts
April 17 2010 19:25 GMT
#651
On April 18 2010 04:16 Hot_Bid wrote:
New Rule:
All users who have opted in will have to post in the final two hours to confirm their opt in. This will be to remove all users who simply opt in and never read the thread again.


That's pretty cruel. I understand that it makes it easier to decide who gets beta, but i have be up between 4 and 6 am to able to opt in? Whatever it takes to make me "worthy", i guess.

On April 18 2010 04:20 3FFA wrote:
edit: after no one gets a key, what happens to them?


The people who got nominated by other will recieve them, logically.
Underpromise, Overdeliver.
Gokain
Profile Joined April 2010
United States49 Posts
April 17 2010 19:27 GMT
#652
On April 18 2010 03:44 IndecisivePenguin wrote:
Oh yeah, not to mention all the people who will say "I'm staying in" simply because of that message that was sent. And then they won't look at this thread again because they've secured their stay.

Our first problem was 1-time posters not seeing this thread.
Now it's the 2/3-time posters who say they're here and still alive so they won't get out opted-out, and then never seeing the thread again.


It's astounding to see how you can judge so easily. You simply want a key for yourself or for others who you think are worthy. That's all you essentially have to state. There's no need to identify your problem by berating every poster who made an acct after seeing this contest. You have no idea whether all of those people are key-greedy or simply were too intimidated by SC1 and how far developed its metagame had become. Instead of universally denying us a chance to get involved, how about trying to realize that there are some who truly want to immerse themselves in this game, but are just late at doing so.
ComradeDover
Profile Joined November 2009
Bulgaria758 Posts
April 17 2010 19:29 GMT
#653
You guys are taking all of this waaaaay too seriously.
Bring back 2v2s!
Guandal
Profile Joined November 2007
Costa Rica93 Posts
April 17 2010 19:30 GMT
#654
Well i wanna stay on the list, i really wanna play sc II ty
Costa Rica Fighting!
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-17 19:30:16
April 17 2010 19:30 GMT
#655
On April 18 2010 04:25 Pergamon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2010 04:16 Hot_Bid wrote:
New Rule:
All users who have opted in will have to post in the final two hours to confirm their opt in. This will be to remove all users who simply opt in and never read the thread again.


That's pretty cruel. I understand that it makes it easier to decide who gets beta, but i have be up between 4 and 6 am to able to opt in? Whatever it takes to make me "worthy", i guess.

You could always just opt out, since this opportunity didn't exist before this thread, you aren't really losing anything. Plus you can help the others have a better chance to get one.

On April 18 2010 04:20 3FFA wrote:
edit: after no one gets a key, what happens to them?

Not sure, but they won't go to the people on the list.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
Gokain
Profile Joined April 2010
United States49 Posts
April 17 2010 19:31 GMT
#656
On April 18 2010 04:29 ComradeDover wrote:
You guys are taking all of this waaaaay too seriously.


that's probably very true. But this senseless and typical forum flame is just a hindrance to everyone that wants to improve their experience of SC.
FoieGras
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Canada270 Posts
April 17 2010 19:31 GMT
#657
On April 18 2010 04:04 IndecisivePenguin wrote:
If I don't see hope for anyone on the final list who I feel deserves a key, then I plan on staying in because I'd rather none of us get the keys than for them to go to some selfish, greedy pigs.

At least that way the keys can be recycled toward people who better deserve them, chosen by the moderators. Then we can be certain they will actually go to people who benefit this place.


I was waiting for this. Frankly, I find it quite frustrating that the greater contributors are the ones opting out and if I saw that the a large number of the people who are in are <50 posters, I'd probably stay in out of spite.
IndecisivePenguin
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States771 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-17 19:33:37
April 17 2010 19:32 GMT
#658
On April 18 2010 04:27 Gokain wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2010 03:44 IndecisivePenguin wrote:
Oh yeah, not to mention all the people who will say "I'm staying in" simply because of that message that was sent. And then they won't look at this thread again because they've secured their stay.

Our first problem was 1-time posters not seeing this thread.
Now it's the 2/3-time posters who say they're here and still alive so they won't get out opted-out, and then never seeing the thread again.


It's astounding to see how you can judge so easily. You simply want a key for yourself or for others who you think are worthy. That's all you essentially have to state. There's no need to identify your problem by berating every poster who made an acct after seeing this contest. You have no idea whether all of those people are key-greedy or simply were too intimidated by SC1 and how far developed its metagame had become. Instead of universally denying us a chance to get involved, how about trying to realize that there are some who truly want to immerse themselves in this game, but are just late at doing so.


I have absolute respect for those who wish to get involved, and I deeply apologize if I have been hypocritical for prejudging in any way. I assure you that if I have, or if it appears I have, it was not intentional. Just know that I wasn't directing these posts specifically toward people like you just because you have a low post count. Heck, I have a low post count in my opinion.

I do not wish to universally deny you or anyone the chance to get involved; in fact, that's part of the point I'm trying to make. I really see this key giveaway as an opportunity for us newer members to get involved, because we know it's so hard to without a key or a history backing us up.

I apologize again if I have been unclear. I reiterate that I want newer posters who have a passion to contribute to remain on this list. I do not want those who have done so for selfish reasons to remain on this list. Best wishes to all.
thezergk
Profile Joined October 2009
United States492 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-17 19:37:32
April 17 2010 19:36 GMT
#659
You could redeem yourself by opting out :>

+ Show Spoiler +
JK (or am I?)
Nada vs. TLO Results: "Nada 1 TLO 1 Bnet 2 KESPA 1"
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
April 17 2010 19:41 GMT
#660
On April 18 2010 02:51 Aldehyde wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2010 02:19 jgju wrote:

On April 18 2010 02:05 Aldehyde wrote:
I'm sorry, but this time I'll have to be selfish. I wish to remain on the list.


Every single one of these guys has either 1 or 2 posts. What a fascinating social experiment this is turning into.

edit: I'm not trying to sound smug because I'm obviously a newbie poster too, it's just interesting how the longer people are on TL, the more likely they are to support the community by dropping out- goes to show how strong of a community TL really is.


Yes, I've only been a member for so long. No, I've not posted alot, nor have I contributed anything. I just wonder, how does one support this community anyhow? Do you have to have a high post count, is the post count what counts as contribution? Then let me go spam some threads for a while.

Is it that one must go create a new fancy build order, if so, how many of you supporters have done so? Is it, perhaps, that one must make friends on this website? Is it that one must watch the streams on the site (because this one I do, alot, and have done so for quite some time)?

What is a contributor on this site? Or is it just the friendly chaps that you have been getting to know that are deserving? It'd be nothing wrong with that, I'd totally understand it, but does being your friend mean that you are contributing to the community? Of course it does in some way but not in any way that we newcomers could possibly do, since we haven't had the time to get to know you.


Also, there are several of you guys who say that we on the list should start talking to each other? About what exactly? "Hey, randomdude1 please give up your seat so that I could have it instead.", "Why don't you do it, Aldehyde? You could just as well do it instead of me.", "Randomdude1, we both know I am more 'deserving' than you are".

That's silly.

Take a look at me. I have... um, nearly 3000 posts now. Granted, a decent percentage of them are one/two-liners (appreciation statements and konadora statements), but a high number of them are productive, in my opinion. "Spamming some threads" could mean you Live Report for a late night pro match since there are so few of us left to do so. Many of my posts come from those threads, off OPs that I've created and that I stay up till 4, 5 in the morning sometimes to attend to. As for major contributions to the site, well we can't all be Ver. I'm only D+ on ICCup, so you wouldn't see me attending to very specific needs in the strategy forum.

Making friends comes with time. I'm still not certain what constitutes making them, but you just get to know people as time goes along. I like my friends in the mafia section, and those that I LR with during the night.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 99 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM270
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 270
Reynor 222
ByuN 142
TKL 113
Railgan 79
Codebar 65
BRAT_OK 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 60882
Bisu 2827
FanTaSy 1015
Stork 849
Rush 432
hero 426
firebathero 209
Snow 165
Sharp 80
Mind 71
[ Show more ]
Free 59
Sea.KH 59
Pusan 51
ToSsGirL 42
Trap 39
Sexy 31
Mong 29
Hm[arnc] 24
Bale 24
Terrorterran 24
Rock 19
Aegong 18
HiyA 17
soO 17
yabsab 15
Sacsri 10
zelot 10
scan(afreeca) 9
Noble 8
IntoTheRainbow 7
Shine 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8603
Dendi1008
Counter-Strike
fl0m4127
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King94
Other Games
singsing2535
Liquid`RaSZi1383
B2W.Neo766
Beastyqt587
olofmeister509
Mlord450
Khaldor408
KnowMe297
Hui .219
crisheroes168
Chillindude59
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV238
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• HeavenSC 25
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony6
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV591
League of Legends
• Nemesis3431
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1717
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 47m
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 47m
OSC
7h 47m
Replay Cast
7h 47m
OSC
20h 47m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.