• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:35
CEST 13:35
KST 20:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8176 users

[GSL] 2012 Season 1 Code S Grand Finals - Page 18

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 287 Next
GoSuChicken
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Germany1726 Posts
February 29 2012 14:58 GMT
#341
So even poll!
0neder
Profile Joined July 2009
United States3733 Posts
February 29 2012 15:02 GMT
#342
Teamkill Grand Finals. The mindgames will be epic!
Undead1993
Profile Joined January 2012
Germany17651 Posts
February 29 2012 15:07 GMT
#343
he already 2:0ed DRG this will be easy. And after he beat MC 3:0, he become imba! my vote goes to genius
SEKO SEKO SEKO SEKO SEKO
SeventhPride
Profile Joined February 2012
712 Posts
February 29 2012 15:13 GMT
#344
lol, i am zerg but i LB on genius. Prove me wrong DRG!
dormer
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1314 Posts
February 29 2012 15:14 GMT
#345
On February 29 2012 23:00 neoghaleon55 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 29 2012 22:51 Heimatloser wrote:
On February 29 2012 22:47 neoghaleon55 wrote:
On February 29 2012 22:45 Heimatloser wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On February 29 2012 22:25 neoghaleon55 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 29 2012 22:12 SeaSwift wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On February 29 2012 21:24 neoghaleon55 wrote:
Show nested quote +


[image loading]


Can I get some feedback for this banner, please.
We still need fix that one on the front page.
T_T

I honestly could care less whose banner it is if it represents both players fairly.
My suggestion would be to temporarily take off Vekalisk's banner until he fixes it as he promised, then you can put it back on.
Vekalisk has mad skills, and I respect that.

I just hate the current state of his banner right now due to Genius bias, is all.




It's couldn't. You couldn't care less, implying you don't care. If you could care less, that implies that you care quite a bit about it.



Sorry, that frustrates me. Americans, eh?


MERICA!!!
thanks seaswift.
<3

And thanks for the feed backs.
I think we can all agree that plain white isn't going to cut it.

So below are some samples I've made....am I going in the right direction?
I can't do a grey background as requested as it would ruin my color scheme.
And the 4 orbs around the center is suppose to be like Gom's paws...because it's gomtv....
I just made swirlies because it gives it more character. Personal aesthetics
o_O

Classic Black
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Ocean
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Star Lit
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

i dislike your banners.
this is 2012 and not 1998 where water-effects on pictures where still cool and picture-backgrounds for pictures with picture-borders is just tooooooo much.
also read a bit about typography, you are mixing way to many way to ugly fonts and the overlay different labels is aweful to watch. [1]
also, why do u always only use what feels like html-colors in your images[2]? there are so many more colors to use, and many of theme are in fact beautiful.
here are some tipps, im not into photo-editing but i like drawing a lot and sometimes i paint my drawings or add some text.
-> something that would help much would be adding strokes to your fonts. (or outlines, i dont know what program u use and how its called there)
-> instead of picture borders try blurring it out.
-> my favourite picture-editting tool is "smudge". try some smudging around if you dislike blur.

that it.
i might sound insulting and in fact i am, but im good at heart and only want to help;-)

[1] http://www.instantshift.com/2008/10/05/21-most-used-fonts-by-professional-designers/
[2] http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_colors.asp



Yea, I pretty much stopped reading once you thought personal attacks were cool.
Go chill out.

lol. your fault. so you stopped in first line?
its probably the most constructive critic you got.


The first line was ok.
Well I already know I can't please everyone.
Art is extremely subjective anyway...so whatever.
Anyway, I get what you were saying, and I'll try to improve later on.

Just don't be a jerk.


Your banner is way too busy, there's no cohesion, it looks very amateurish compared to the current one. It's nice that you're trying to help, but if graphics aren't your strong point, let someone else do it. The current banner is excellent, and if people really find it that biased, then some small changes can probably fix that. Replacing it with a much worse banner over a very debatable point (personally don't see the bias at all) isn't really improving the situation.
Artosis: "You need to hold my hand." Tasteless: "I'm very good at that."
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
February 29 2012 15:27 GMT
#346
On March 01 2012 00:14 dormer wrote:


Your banner is way too busy, there's no cohesion, it looks very amateurish compared to the current one.

It is, I am suggesting it to be a temporary one until the vekalisk one gets fixed.


It's nice that you're trying to help, but if graphics aren't your strong point, let someone else do it.


I am. But if something really bothers me, I will try to help fix the situation. If you had kids, would you rather they take action or just sit back and take what life throws at them, no matter how much it bothers them?


The current banner is excellent

It is, but it's biased

if people really find it that biased, then some small changes can probably fix that.

I do find it biased, and a few people here agrees with me. The artist said he'll get it fixed when he has some time to spare.

Replacing it with a much worse banner over a very debatable point(personally don't see the bias at all) isn't really improving the situation.


Thank you for your opinion.
moo...for DRG
SeaSwift
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Scotland4486 Posts
February 29 2012 15:29 GMT
#347
Let's not turn this thread into a shitstorm before the games even start...
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
February 29 2012 15:30 GMT
#348
Well even if it's biased it's not a big deal imo, the banner looks good and it's not that biased, it looks badass.
HaruRH
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Singapore2780 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-29 15:33:31
February 29 2012 15:32 GMT
#349
On March 01 2012 00:27 neoghaleon55 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2012 00:14 dormer wrote:


Show nested quote +
Your banner is way too busy, there's no cohesion, it looks very amateurish compared to the current one.

It is, I am suggesting it to be a temporary one until the vekalisk one gets fixed.

Show nested quote +

It's nice that you're trying to help, but if graphics aren't your strong point, let someone else do it.


I am. But if something really bothers me, I will try to help fix the situation. If you had kids, would you rather they take action or just sit back and take what life throws at them, no matter how much it bothers them?


I would attend seminars on how to improve my child's life, not fix it my own way.


On March 01 2012 00:27 neoghaleon55 wrote:
Show nested quote +
The current banner is excellent

It is, but it's biased

Show nested quote +
if people really find it that biased, then some small changes can probably fix that.

I do find it biased, and a few people here agrees with me. The artist said he'll get it fixed when he has some time to spare.

Show nested quote +
Replacing it with a much worse banner over a very debatable point(personally don't see the bias at all) isn't really improving the situation.


Thank you for your opinion.


Not an opinion, it's a fact. Face it, the banners you made are pretty amatuer.

Also, I don't really see how putting up the original picture for now will hurt.

^ like what MrCon said, it looks really good and the 'biased' part is not obvious at all.
It is fucking D4 and you are still alive as a CONFIRMED FUCKING TOWN. This is how fucking terrible scum thinks you are - Koshi
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
February 29 2012 15:36 GMT
#350
Alright, if that's what you guys want, then I concede.
Can't say I didn't try though.
I guess I'll just avoid the front page because of that eye sore.
moo...for DRG
Hassybaby
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom10823 Posts
February 29 2012 15:44 GMT
#351
Guys, I made a wallpaper for the front as well, and its totally unbiased

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
"These guys are mindfucking me into a sex coma" | "Mayonnaise is a must-have lubricant when performing necrophilia"
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-29 15:47:16
February 29 2012 15:45 GMT
#352
On March 01 2012 00:44 Hassybaby wrote:
Guys, I made a wallpaper for the front as well, and its totally unbiased

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Top Banner! NAO!
lol

Screw this, from now on I'll make nothing but biased banners.
Because we like it this way!
moo...for DRG
Logros
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands9913 Posts
February 29 2012 15:51 GMT
#353
Who cares if the banner was biased (which I don't think it is). Are the GSL judges gonna look at it and realise that, actually, Genius is the way better player so they might as well put in extended series and let him start with 2-0?
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
February 29 2012 15:58 GMT
#354
On March 01 2012 00:51 Logros wrote:
Who cares if the banner was biased (which I don't think it is). Are the GSL judges gonna look at it and realise that, actually, Genius is the way better player so they might as well put in extended series and let him start with 2-0?


hahah
You're probably right. Although you have to understand that I am a rabid DRG fan (and vice-president of his fanclub),
and fandom includes the superstition of thinking that your cheers/effort have, in some stupid way, an effect on the outcome of the game. It's part of fandom culture. But whatever, I'm just going to laugh it off and start making more fun pictures.
Probably will throw in a parody of our current banner while I'm at it.

moo...for DRG
sc2superfan101
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
3583 Posts
February 29 2012 16:02 GMT
#355
1645 people voted in the poll.

Genius is leading by 1 vote.

that has got to be the closest poll i've ever seen. here's to hoping the match lives up to the poll.
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
February 29 2012 16:03 GMT
#356
On March 01 2012 00:44 Hassybaby wrote:
Guys, I made a wallpaper for the front as well, and its totally unbiased

+ Show Spoiler +
&#91;image loading&#93;


Hahaha best banner ever
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
Meteora.GB
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada2479 Posts
February 29 2012 16:11 GMT
#357
On March 01 2012 01:03 lichter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2012 00:44 Hassybaby wrote:
Guys, I made a wallpaper for the front as well, and its totally unbiased

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Hahaha best banner ever


Almost beats the Jin Air OSL Finals LR banner featuring JangBi's face slapped onto a High Templar.

Also holy crap that poll is dead even.
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-29 16:16:42
February 29 2012 16:15 GMT
#358
On March 01 2012 01:11 Meteora.GB wrote:

Almost beats the Jin Air OSL Finals LR banner featuring JangBi's face slapped onto a High Templar.


I'm pretty sure Kerraegu beats out JangBi's Templar

+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]
moo...for DRG
dormer
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1314 Posts
February 29 2012 16:18 GMT
#359
On March 01 2012 00:36 neoghaleon55 wrote:
Alright, if that's what you guys want, then I concede.
Can't say I didn't try though.
I guess I'll just avoid the front page because of that eye sore.


To be fair, I think it's totally fine to say "I don't like this banner because I think it's biased, so here's one I made that I think is more fair." It's just that you've been pretty aggressive about an opinion that not everyone shares -- go back and read the thread from where the banner got posted, there's also a lot of positive feedback for it. Offering an alternative is fine, I just wouldn't campaign so hard.

At any rate, at least there are a few different people making banners, should give us a lot to choose from and enjoy by the time the finals actually start :-p Hassy's had better be included somewhere in the OP, too ^^
Artosis: "You need to hold my hand." Tasteless: "I'm very good at that."
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
February 29 2012 16:22 GMT
#360
Normally team kill finals would be awful.

But this is one I am looking forward to.

These two being the finalists makes me think the crowd is in for ar eal treat since these two are very close friends. Its very romantic in a way.
twitch.tv/medrea
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 287 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 988
WardiTV392
OGKoka 120
Liquipedia
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 1
Afreeca ASL 11451
StarCastTV_EN313
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko313
OGKoka 120
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 13498
Bisu 4933
FanTaSy 3686
Jaedong 1467
Shuttle 1443
BeSt 972
actioN 772
EffOrt 588
Horang2 526
Larva 306
[ Show more ]
Leta 263
Zeus 248
Dewaltoss 124
Mind 107
Barracks 101
Sexy 83
Mong 76
JYJ 72
scan(afreeca) 67
sorry 59
ToSsGirL 56
Killer 42
Shinee 42
sSak 39
Aegong 30
Sea.KH 30
Bale 28
soO 27
Free 26
HiyA 14
Sacsri 12
yabsab 9
Dota 2
Gorgc877
Dendi502
XaKoH 314
Counter-Strike
x6flipin226
Other Games
singsing2386
olofmeister1435
B2W.Neo452
crisheroes304
Pyrionflax213
dupreeh126
Livibee124
KnowMe105
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick570
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 186
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1403
Other Games
• WagamamaTV194
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
4h 25m
Replay Cast
11h 25m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 25m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
23h 25m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC S3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.