• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:17
CEST 20:17
KST 03:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War555.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams BW General Discussion Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9351 users

The Automated Ban List - Page 2534

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2532 2533 2534 2535 2536 3173 Next
This thread is for discussing recent bans. Don't discuss other topics here.

Take it to website feedback if you disagree with a ban or want to raise an issue.

Keep it civil.

NOTE: For those of you who want to find the actual ABL thread where the bans are posted. Please look in here: https://tl.net/forum/closed-threads/
evilfatsh1t
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia8930 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-21 01:37:01
June 21 2015 01:36 GMT
#50661
On June 20 2015 21:37 OtherWorld wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 20 2015 21:22 evilfatsh1t wrote:
On June 20 2015 20:45 OtherWorld wrote:
On June 20 2015 20:37 helpman177 wrote:
Humour cannot be offensive by definition.
That's why it's called humour.

In my country we have a weekly TV show dedicated to this kind of humor, making fun of people in concentration camps and stuff.

Uh? Then it's a bit easy, I can go and say that all niggers stink, and justify it as humor afterwards... Not offensive at all.

just because you say its humour it doesnt make it humourous

Exactly, which is why humor can be offensive

humour is subjective. if what one person thought was humourous was offensive to someone else, the offended person didnt consider it as humour.
i agree that humour cannot be offensive, its just that humour is highly subjective.
too much derailing tho
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51624 Posts
June 21 2015 02:58 GMT
#50662
I won't argue what humour is to each person here but, the humerus is a bone.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-21 04:55:07
June 21 2015 04:53 GMT
#50663
edit. just realized you were making a stupid semantic argument.
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-22 01:47:04
June 22 2015 01:45 GMT
#50664
While this is off topic, TL doesn't sanction all forms of humor. We don't sanction NSFW humor for instance, and so we draw an arbitrary line as to whether the kind of humor breeches that NSFW line. Similarly, TL doesn't sanction all offensive humor because we simply dont want that content here. That post breached out standards so we removed it.

This also isn't the first time he's made fun of the WTC attacks. He posted the following image 3 years ago.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
Yoav
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1874 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-22 03:35:26
June 22 2015 03:31 GMT
#50665
On June 22 2015 10:45 Plexa wrote:
While this is off topic, TL doesn't sanction all forms of humor. We don't sanction NSFW humor for instance, and so we draw an arbitrary line as to whether the kind of humor breeches that NSFW line. Similarly, TL doesn't sanction all offensive humor because we simply dont want that content here. That post breached out standards so we removed it.

This also isn't the first time he's made fun of the WTC attacks. He posted the following image 3 years ago.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Thanks Plexa for clarifying.

Something something "This is Our House".

Edit:

In my country we have a weekly TV show dedicated to this kind of humor, making fun of people in concentration camps and stuff.


I mostly just hope it wasn't a country that participated. Not that it's a lot better, it's still super douchey, but it's worse if it was one of the countries that was like "Jews? We got your Jews right here Hitler!"
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-22 18:23:02
June 22 2015 18:18 GMT
#50666
On June 19 2015 23:06 marvellosity wrote:
I understand where Umpteen is coming from. I miss the positivity.

I've seen nothing but critique since the day the game came out. First about how BW is superior, then about the shitty new maps, then about the shitty competition, then about the stagnation, then about the shitty beta, then about more stagnation, then about the shitty beta, and I'm betting once LotV comes out it'll be about the shitty stagnation again.

I've had a lot more fun playing SC2 once I stopped browsing TL.

On June 21 2015 03:56 Yoav wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 20 2015 20:37 helpman177 wrote:
Humour cannot be offensive by definition.
That's why it's called humour.

In my country we have a weekly TV show dedicated to this kind of humor, making fun of people in concentration camps and stuff.


Glad I don't live there.

You don't make fun of tragedies where people might know victims. That's not being "offensive", that's being an asshole. I'm a serious Christian and I don't get "offended" by any of the nonsense that is done or said to offend Christianity. I certainly don't get "offended" by the shit people say about my country.

But there is a material difference between making fun of a tragedy and making fun of a group or idea. For the record, TL tries pretty hard to keep even the latter out of the funny pictures thread (you won't get far with racism or religion-bashing and can only go a little farther with country bashing).

9/11 jokes are especially unfunny because of their proximity. I, for one, know people who lost loved ones there. Sure the same is true for other posters here. Holocaust jokes aren't funny either for similar reasons.

And maybe the best argument is that it's the fucking funny pictures thread: I go there to see funny pictures. I want to be amused, in a light-hearted way. I don't want to see a car crash and I sure don't want to see a plane crash.


Humor is subjective. I've lived 20 miles from New York before and after the attacks, I still laugh at 9/11 jokes if they're done right. The Holocauster Tycoon article on Encyclopedia Dramatica is also one of the funniest things I've ever read. It's well thought-out and the authors really put the effort into making it funny and not just something based on shock value.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
fluidrone
Profile Blog Joined January 2015
France1478 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-22 21:33:28
June 22 2015 21:00 GMT
#50667
Off on topic: + Show Spoiler +
I disqualify and despise any semblance of humor made on the back of suffering, it is very distasteful.., is it ban worthy .. I don't know. Nuke worthy (the posts themselves not the poster) yes.
+ Show Spoiler +
You need your enemies close enough so you can r i p them a new one.. no offense meant.


Off off topic:
On June 23 2015 03:18 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:+ Show Spoiler +
On June 19 2015 23:06 marvellosity wrote:
I understand where Umpteen is coming from. I miss the positivity.

I've seen nothing but critique since the day the game came out. First about how BW is superior, then about the shitty new maps, then about the shitty competition, then about the stagnation, then about the shitty beta, then about more stagnation, then about the shitty beta, and I'm betting once LotV comes out it'll be about the shitty stagnation again.

I've had a lot more fun playing SC2 once I stopped browsing TL.

On June 21 2015 03:56 Yoav wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 20 2015 20:37 helpman177 wrote:
Humour cannot be offensive by definition.
That's why it's called humour.

In my country we have a weekly TV show dedicated to this kind of humor, making fun of people in concentration camps and stuff.


Glad I don't live there.

You don't make fun of tragedies where people might know victims. That's not being "offensive", that's being an asshole. I'm a serious Christian and I don't get "offended" by any of the nonsense that is done or said to offend Christianity. I certainly don't get "offended" by the shit people say about my country.

But there is a material difference between making fun of a tragedy and making fun of a group or idea. For the record, TL tries pretty hard to keep even the latter out of the funny pictures thread (you won't get far with racism or religion-bashing and can only go a little farther with country bashing).

9/11 jokes are especially unfunny because of their proximity. I, for one, know people who lost loved ones there. Sure the same is true for other posters here. Holocaust jokes aren't funny either for similar reasons.

And maybe the best argument is that it's the fucking funny pictures thread: I go there to see funny pictures. I want to be amused, in a light-hearted way. I don't want to see a car crash and I sure don't want to see a plane crash.


Humor is subjective. I've lived 20 miles from New York before and after the attacks, I still laugh at 9/11 jokes if they're done right. The Holocauster Tycoon article on Encyclopedia Dramatica is also one of the funniest things I've ever read. It's well thought-out and the authors really put the effort into making it funny and not just something based on shock value.
I just realized (resynchronized my shakras)! You my hero/idol, you a tlhighpostcount drone! <3 !

Edit: + Show Spoiler +
off course off topic: + Show Spoiler +
gratz boxer"banned me from gratzing him" fred
"not enough rights"
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51624 Posts
June 23 2015 03:11 GMT
#50668
you abuse the spoiler tag so much.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
fluidrone
Profile Blog Joined January 2015
France1478 Posts
June 23 2015 08:50 GMT
#50669
On June 23 2015 12:11 BLinD-RawR wrote:
you abuse the spoiler tag so much.
Blackmail: + Show Spoiler +
Gift me tl+ "x" times (I playfully suppose it is a monthly offer) and I won't spoiler for "x" month(s).
+ Show Spoiler +
Deal or no + Show Spoiler [deal] +
[image loading]
?
"not enough rights"
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51624 Posts
June 23 2015 09:00 GMT
#50670
I don't think you know what blackmail is.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
June 23 2015 11:18 GMT
#50671
Alright, baskerville you've lost your spoiler privileges.
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
June 23 2015 11:24 GMT
#50672
On June 23 2015 20:18 Plexa wrote:
Alright, baskerville you've lost your spoiler privileges.

He can't possibly survive without his spoiler tags.
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
zeo
Profile Joined October 2009
Serbia6343 Posts
June 23 2015 11:35 GMT
#50673
Funny how people usually get banned for not using spoiler tags.
“What the public criticizes in you, cultivate. It is you.” - Jean Cocteau
boxerfred
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Germany8360 Posts
June 23 2015 12:12 GMT
#50674
On June 23 2015 20:18 Plexa wrote:
Alright, baskerville you've lost your spoiler privileges.

you're killing 85% of his post content. can I report him for low quality posts now?
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
June 23 2015 12:46 GMT
#50675
Could you actually remove his ability to spoiler? I am genuinely curious.
FFW_Rude
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France10201 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-23 12:53:09
June 23 2015 12:52 GMT
#50676
On June 23 2015 21:46 ThomasjServo wrote:
Could you actually remove his ability to spoiler? I am genuinely curious.


Interested as well.

On June 23 2015 21:12 boxerfred wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 23 2015 20:18 Plexa wrote:
Alright, baskerville you've lost your spoiler privileges.

you're killing 85% of his post content. can I report him for low quality posts now?


If you're not sure. Just ask yourself : "Would flamewheel have written less words ?"
#1 KT Rolster fanboy. KT BEST KT ! Hail to KT playoffs Zergs ! Unofficial french translator for SlayerS_`Boxer` biography "Crazy as me".
opisska
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Poland8852 Posts
June 23 2015 13:38 GMT
#50677
Lazy TL mods as usual, instead of coding a simple tool that just removes spoiler tags from any of his posts and replaces them with cuddly kitten icons, they use implied threats by cyberviolence.
"Jeez, that's far from ideal." - Serral, the king of mild trashtalk
TL+ Member
DocSchlakk
Profile Joined January 2013
Austria172 Posts
June 23 2015 13:44 GMT
#50678
you can take certain "privileges" away?...like...reporting? in this case - spoiler-tagging?
you can "ban" people from your blogs? - thats a TL+ thing or can anyone do that?

...mind blooown
"Heroes don`t do drugs!....except Drugman, I guess!?"
brian
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States9643 Posts
June 23 2015 13:45 GMT
#50679
Christ, found his alt.
FFW_Rude
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France10201 Posts
June 23 2015 13:50 GMT
#50680
On June 23 2015 22:44 DocSchlakk wrote:
you can take certain "privileges" away?...like...reporting? in this case - spoiler-tagging?
you can "ban" people from your blogs? - thats a TL+ thing or can anyone do that?

...mind blooown


I think you can be taken away your report button. Dunno about spoiler tag.

You can ban people on your blog. You don't need TL+ for that as far as i'm aware
#1 KT Rolster fanboy. KT BEST KT ! Hail to KT playoffs Zergs ! Unofficial french translator for SlayerS_`Boxer` biography "Crazy as me".
Prev 1 2532 2533 2534 2535 2536 3173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
Laughngamez YouTube
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 236
BRAT_OK 103
JuggernautJason30
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 960
Shuttle 683
Horang2 213
firebathero 96
Zeus 77
Hyun 49
soO 45
ToSsGirL 30
scan(afreeca) 17
Bishop 12
[ Show more ]
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
qojqva1901
420jenkins474
Counter-Strike
fl0m4914
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu609
Other Games
Grubby3266
FrodaN834
KnowMe224
Livibee157
QueenE67
Pyrionflax56
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick551
StarCraft 2
angryscii 27
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 68
• 3DClanTV 59
• Adnapsc2 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach93
• FirePhoenix23
• 80smullet 12
• Michael_bg 9
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1864
Other Games
• Shiphtur721
• imaqtpie520
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
43m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 43m
Patches Events
20h 43m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
OSC
1d 4h
OSC
1d 17h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.