• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:54
CEST 18:54
KST 01:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8437 users

TL Learn Korean Thread - Page 5

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 18 19 20 Next All
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
January 06 2012 17:11 GMT
#81
On January 06 2012 16:48 Rekrul wrote:
korean is so fking ez to learn

someone wants to learn something that took you 9 years to master.
post "its ez as fuck"
Moderator
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
January 06 2012 17:12 GMT
#82
On January 06 2012 20:19 mauvebutterfly wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2012 12:42 logikly wrote:
I just want to learn how to type in korean " I'm not korean and I dont speak it"


Do you already know how to access Hangul on your keyboard? Alternatively, you could copy-paste.

"나는 한국인이 안고 한국말을 말할 수 없습니다."

This is a very polite form, such as you'd probably be taught in school or something, so I hope it's appropriate for what you want.

Just use 한국어 못해요. 99% of the time that's going to be enough.
Moderator
ig0tfish
Profile Joined July 2009
United States345 Posts
January 06 2012 19:56 GMT
#83
Has anyone tried using Pimsleur to learn Korean? Wondering if it's worth it or not to spend time "acquiring" this software.
Mellois
Profile Joined July 2010
United States56 Posts
January 06 2012 21:03 GMT
#84
TL Name: Mellois
Real name (optional): Anthony
Skype: darkmagic256
What you know: Basically nothing! Just started.
Goals: Fluent enough to have a conversation and understand variety shows/dramas/songs
"Be formless, shapeless, like water." - Bruce Lee
Rekrul
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Korea (South)17174 Posts
January 07 2012 03:26 GMT
#85
On January 07 2012 02:12 Chill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2012 20:19 mauvebutterfly wrote:
On January 06 2012 12:42 logikly wrote:
I just want to learn how to type in korean " I'm not korean and I dont speak it"


Do you already know how to access Hangul on your keyboard? Alternatively, you could copy-paste.

"나는 한국인이 안고 한국말을 말할 수 없습니다."

This is a very polite form, such as you'd probably be taught in school or something, so I hope it's appropriate for what you want.

Just use 한국어 못해요. 99% of the time that's going to be enough.


I havent learned much last 5 years and i barely studied

Im a genius or korean is ez u choose
why so 진지해?
stablol
Profile Joined July 2011
United States82 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-07 03:38:20
January 07 2012 03:36 GMT
#86
On January 07 2012 12:26 Rekrul wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2012 02:12 Chill wrote:
On January 06 2012 20:19 mauvebutterfly wrote:
On January 06 2012 12:42 logikly wrote:
I just want to learn how to type in korean " I'm not korean and I dont speak it"


Do you already know how to access Hangul on your keyboard? Alternatively, you could copy-paste.

"나는 한국인이 안고 한국말을 말할 수 없습니다."

This is a very polite form, such as you'd probably be taught in school or something, so I hope it's appropriate for what you want.

Just use 한국어 못해요. 99% of the time that's going to be enough.


I havent learned much last 5 years and i barely studied

Im a genius or korean is ez u choose

쉬운. (ez) but ur carried by immersion
보아 사랑해요 짱
Apoth
Profile Joined May 2010
England194 Posts
January 07 2012 03:55 GMT
#87
Apoth
Tom Gerrish
Gerrishboy
Blank Slate, just bought a Korean learners book
In the long term I wish to be fluent. Hoping to progress with it alongside my 4 year maths degree.
trombonomophonononononononone
KillerDucky
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States498 Posts
January 07 2012 04:50 GMT
#88
KillerDucky
Andy
killrducky
Beginner
http://www.ted.com/talks/derek_sivers_keep_your_goals_to_yourself.html ;-)

I've been going through http://www.talktomeinkorean.com - just beginning level 2 now. Also using Anki to help with memorization.

MarineKingPrime Forever!
i_am_immure
Profile Joined February 2011
United States67 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-07 04:55:01
January 07 2012 04:54 GMT
#89
Realistically how long should you practice a day if you want to learn Korean? Also to the non-native Korean speakers, how long did it take you to become fluent?
DNB
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Finland995 Posts
January 07 2012 15:21 GMT
#90
On January 04 2012 09:24 k1mjee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2012 09:01 Froadac wrote:
To be avoided
[*]Rosetta Stone - Universally considered terrible for Korean.

100% disagree. I spent 3 months with Rosetta Stone and can speak fluently with other native Korean people perfectly fine. Great resource.


Fluently? In 3 months? I call bulls***. Maybe if "fluent" to you is knowing how to introduce yourself and ask some basic guidance.
Flonomenalz
Profile Joined May 2011
Nigeria3519 Posts
January 07 2012 16:05 GMT
#91
On January 08 2012 00:21 DNB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2012 09:24 k1mjee wrote:
On January 04 2012 09:01 Froadac wrote:
To be avoided
[*]Rosetta Stone - Universally considered terrible for Korean.

100% disagree. I spent 3 months with Rosetta Stone and can speak fluently with other native Korean people perfectly fine. Great resource.


Fluently? In 3 months? I call bulls***. Maybe if "fluent" to you is knowing how to introduce yourself and ask some basic guidance.

Lol leave him alone, it's the internet, where people make bs claims without ever having to back them up.
I love crazymoving
grobo
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Japan6199 Posts
January 07 2012 16:41 GMT
#92
Been wanting to give Korean a shot for a couple of months now. I know Japanese and from what i've been told Korean and Japanese grammar are pretty similar. My problem however is that i'm so bad at studying, my prefered way to study a language is when you know the basics and can just learn by immersion, watching TV, listening to music etc. I don't know how to comfortably get through the basics though.

I'm going to give it a shot though.
We make signature, then defense it.
Ym1r
Profile Joined May 2009
United States1164 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-07 23:00:03
January 07 2012 22:59 GMT
#93
How is Click Korean for learning Korean? I've been using it for a couple weeks and it seems pretty good, I'm going to give the links OP posted a try too. Just wondering if that site was legit or not.
im ji geum - ellin - eunji - spica - a pink - naeun - sojinyura - HAERYUNG<3 - Red Velvet
FuRong
Profile Joined April 2010
New Zealand3089 Posts
January 08 2012 03:51 GMT
#94
On January 08 2012 07:59 Ym1r wrote:
How is Click Korean for learning Korean? I've been using it for a couple weeks and it seems pretty good, I'm going to give the links OP posted a try too. Just wondering if that site was legit or not.


At a glance it looks pretty good, seems similar to the free Sogang site except this one is run by SNU.
Don't hate the player, hate the game
stablol
Profile Joined July 2011
United States82 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-08 08:07:15
January 08 2012 08:06 GMT
#95
On January 04 2012 11:14 jpak wrote:
제가 좀 도와드릴까요? 하지만 저의 한국어는 완전 초등학생 수준이에요 ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ.

can u really do that in korean? i was told you cannot posses a language in korean. "한국어를 잘한다. instead of 내 한국어 좋다 or 당신의 한국어를 나쁘다"
i mean i can understand it but idk
보아 사랑해요 짱
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
January 08 2012 08:18 GMT
#96
On January 08 2012 17:06 stablol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2012 11:14 jpak wrote:
제가 좀 도와드릴까요? 하지만 저의 한국어는 완전 초등학생 수준이에요 ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ.

can u really do that in korean? i was told you cannot posses a language in korean. "한국어를 잘한다. instead of 내 한국어 좋다 or 당신의 한국어를 나쁘다"
i mean i can understand it but idk

Uhhh.... idk..... I have never heard of this "cannot posses a language in Korean" before :/

Most likely ppl will use:

저 한국말 못해요
(I can't speak Korean very well)
저 한국말 잘해요
(I speak Korean very well)
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
stablol
Profile Joined July 2011
United States82 Posts
January 08 2012 08:23 GMT
#97
On January 08 2012 17:18 Seeker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2012 17:06 stablol wrote:
On January 04 2012 11:14 jpak wrote:
제가 좀 도와드릴까요? 하지만 저의 한국어는 완전 초등학생 수준이에요 ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ.

can u really do that in korean? i was told you cannot posses a language in korean. "한국어를 잘한다. instead of 내 한국어 좋다 or 당신의 한국어를 나쁘다"
i mean i can understand it but idk

Uhhh.... idk..... I have never heard of this "cannot posses a language in Korean" before :/

Most likely ppl will use:

저 한국말 못해요
(I can't speak Korean very well)
저 한국말 잘해요
(I speak Korean very well)

could be wrong. i was trying to tell a korean dude his english was good and i said 당신의 영어를 좋다! or something like that and he said that didnt make any sense and you cant do that in korean and that i should say what i typed before. Maybe its not the case though. was more trying to confirm or deny than say jpak was wrong, sorrry
보아 사랑해요 짱
Baobab
Profile Joined October 2010
Korea (South)153 Posts
January 08 2012 09:16 GMT
#98
On January 08 2012 17:23 stablol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2012 17:18 Seeker wrote:
On January 08 2012 17:06 stablol wrote:
On January 04 2012 11:14 jpak wrote:
제가 좀 도와드릴까요? 하지만 저의 한국어는 완전 초등학생 수준이에요 ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ.

can u really do that in korean? i was told you cannot posses a language in korean. "한국어를 잘한다. instead of 내 한국어 좋다 or 당신의 한국어를 나쁘다"
i mean i can understand it but idk

Uhhh.... idk..... I have never heard of this "cannot posses a language in Korean" before :/

Most likely ppl will use:

저 한국말 못해요
(I can't speak Korean very well)
저 한국말 잘해요
(I speak Korean very well)

could be wrong. i was trying to tell a korean dude his english was good and i said 당신의 영어를 좋다! or something like that and he said that didnt make any sense and you cant do that in korean and that i should say what i typed before. Maybe its not the case though. was more trying to confirm or deny than say jpak was wrong, sorrry


Most people say something like "한국어 진짜 잘하시네요!"... or if a Korean speaks to me in English, I usually say "와, 영어 잘하시네요!" Then they're all surprised I can speak Korean, and start blabbering on at super speed and I have to ask them to slow down heh =/ But yeah, I've never heard anyone use the 의 possessive particle to talk about language skills.
한국어 배우고 있어요 ... 너무 어려우니까 도와주세요 ㅋㅋㅋ
Escoffier
Profile Joined May 2010
United States120 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-08 09:31:45
January 08 2012 09:24 GMT
#99
Escoffier
Zach
zachperlman
I followed the advice of a friend and took the first couple units of Rosetta Stone Korean and I've been trying to learn through immersion, but it's getting more difficult to commit time to learning when I don't feel like I'm making progress.... at the moment I'm trying to improve my reading because I think that's where I am the most underdeveloped, in comparison to pronunciation, vocab, etc
I'm trying to enter the navy and become a linguist and Korean is the language that appeals most to me. I'm just trying to get a big head start so I don't have to learn from scratch in the navy.

Oh, and I didn't see this on the OP, but this is a really useful tool I've found that will convert romanized korean into hangul. http://www.mauvecloud.net/charsets/hangulgenerator.html
giesecke
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany361 Posts
January 08 2012 09:48 GMT
#100
On January 08 2012 18:16 Baobab wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2012 17:23 stablol wrote:
On January 08 2012 17:18 Seeker wrote:
On January 08 2012 17:06 stablol wrote:
On January 04 2012 11:14 jpak wrote:
제가 좀 도와드릴까요? 하지만 저의 한국어는 완전 초등학생 수준이에요 ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ.

can u really do that in korean? i was told you cannot posses a language in korean. "한국어를 잘한다. instead of 내 한국어 좋다 or 당신의 한국어를 나쁘다"
i mean i can understand it but idk

Uhhh.... idk..... I have never heard of this "cannot posses a language in Korean" before :/

Most likely ppl will use:

저 한국말 못해요
(I can't speak Korean very well)
저 한국말 잘해요
(I speak Korean very well)

could be wrong. i was trying to tell a korean dude his english was good and i said 당신의 영어를 좋다! or something like that and he said that didnt make any sense and you cant do that in korean and that i should say what i typed before. Maybe its not the case though. was more trying to confirm or deny than say jpak was wrong, sorrry


Most people say something like "한국어 진짜 잘하시네요!"... or if a Korean speaks to me in English, I usually say "와, 영어 잘하시네요!" Then they're all surprised I can speak Korean, and start blabbering on at super speed and I have to ask them to slow down heh =/ But yeah, I've never heard anyone use the 의 possessive particle to talk about language skills.


i know what you talking about, when i say stuff in korean to kroeans that don't know me, they seem to be superimpressed and start talking the shit out of me in korean. and i go like ??????, since it is just way to fast for me.

and to the your english is good thing, i guess it feals mor natural to use to say "your english is good" instead of "you speak english really well" (with actually saying "you do english really well"). koreans understand it though, and it is correct in korean, they just wouldn't say it that way. (just telling from the littel knowledge i have)
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 18 19 20 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 176
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 595
IndyStarCraft 170
BRAT_OK 50
MindelVK 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 26101
Shuttle 1182
Hyuk 663
Mini 434
firebathero 187
hero 95
Sexy 87
Mong 51
Liquid`Ret 49
ggaemo 48
[ Show more ]
Killer 47
Trap 44
Hyun 44
PianO 31
ToSsGirL 25
zelot 16
Rock 15
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Bale 10
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc9981
qojqva1704
Dendi948
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1396
crisheroes1232
Liquid`Hasu675
Other Games
FrodaN1911
singsing1829
fl0m1536
Beastyqt689
Mlord492
Hui .254
Livibee173
Liquid`VortiX153
ArmadaUGS146
KnowMe126
Mew2King57
Trikslyr38
Grubby35
CosmosSc2 15
ToD6
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream43
Other Games
gamesdonequick0
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 45
• mYiSmile126
• Adnapsc2 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki15
• Michael_bg 12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8363
Other Games
• Shiphtur308
• WagamamaTV204
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
6m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2h 6m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 6m
INu's Battles
19h 6m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
22h 6m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 17h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 23h
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.