• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:54
CEST 18:54
KST 01:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8437 users

TL Learn Korean Thread - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 18 19 20 Next All
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-04 02:44:37
January 04 2012 02:44 GMT
#21
I am South Korean.

I am fluent in both Korean and English.

If I could help out even 1 person on TL I would be more than wiling to.

This thread is awesome!!
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
January 04 2012 03:11 GMT
#22
On January 04 2012 11:44 Seeker wrote:
I am South Korean.

I am fluent in both Korean and English.

If I could help out even 1 person on TL I would be more than wiling to.

This thread is awesome!!

!!

Any ideas for ways to help? I'll set up a skype group, but what else can be done.
Megaliskuu
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5123 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-04 08:53:23
January 04 2012 03:15 GMT
#23
There is a torrent with like 14 different books on it (it has the Basic Korean book in the op), I haven't done much more than learning Hangul and basic phrases that I use while playing on fish server.

GL to everyone, good initiative OP ^^.

PM for linkuu if interested.
|BW>Everything|Add me on star2 KR server TheMuTaL.675 for practice games :)|NEX clan| https://www.dotabuff.com/players/183104694
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
January 04 2012 03:15 GMT
#24
I must take part in this initiative X_X
Illiterate Korean ftl
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
101toss
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
3232 Posts
January 04 2012 03:18 GMT
#25
On January 04 2012 09:21 Froadac wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2012 09:18 101toss wrote:
Sorry if this is irrelevant, but how would you input "gg" in korean (i.e. do I need a language pack)?

You need Southeast asian language pack, and add korean as a keyboard input. Then just toggle to hangul, and bam

ㅈㅈ

Thanks, worked like a charm!
Math doesn't kill champions and neither do wards
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
January 04 2012 03:26 GMT
#26
On January 04 2012 12:18 101toss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2012 09:21 Froadac wrote:
On January 04 2012 09:18 101toss wrote:
Sorry if this is irrelevant, but how would you input "gg" in korean (i.e. do I need a language pack)?

You need Southeast asian language pack, and add korean as a keyboard input. Then just toggle to hangul, and bam

ㅈㅈ

Thanks, worked like a charm!

Alternatively copy paste!!
waxypants
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States479 Posts
January 04 2012 03:50 GMT
#27
I found the Sogang University "Introductory Korean" pages very useful for starting to learn hangul and pronunciation.

After learning that, I think the grammar explanations on TTMIK are gold, which is why I prefer it over something like Rosetta Stone.
57 Corvette
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada5941 Posts
January 04 2012 03:54 GMT
#28
Hmm, I have been interested in learning Korean for a few years now, never got around to acually doing it.

Hopfully I can use some of the resources in the OP to start my learning.

How do know what keys on my english keyboard make each korean symbol?
Survival is winning, everything else is bullshit.
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
January 04 2012 04:00 GMT
#29
On January 04 2012 12:54 57 Corvette wrote:
Hmm, I have been interested in learning Korean for a few years now, never got around to acually doing it.

Hopfully I can use some of the resources in the OP to start my learning.

How do know what keys on my english keyboard make each korean symbol?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:KB_South_Korea.svg

Right alt toggles.
Blackhawk13
Profile Joined April 2010
United States442 Posts
January 04 2012 06:39 GMT
#30
On January 04 2012 13:00 Froadac wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2012 12:54 57 Corvette wrote:
Hmm, I have been interested in learning Korean for a few years now, never got around to acually doing it.

Hopfully I can use some of the resources in the OP to start my learning.

How do know what keys on my english keyboard make each korean symbol?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:KB_South_Korea.svg

Right alt toggles.


Ok am I stupid or which key is for ㅈ? Is it the W key or the B key, neither look exactly like it lol, guessing its whats on the W?
Cecilia
Profile Joined March 2011
United States16 Posts
January 04 2012 06:48 GMT
#31
On January 04 2012 15:39 Blackhawk13 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2012 13:00 Froadac wrote:
On January 04 2012 12:54 57 Corvette wrote:
Hmm, I have been interested in learning Korean for a few years now, never got around to acually doing it.

Hopfully I can use some of the resources in the OP to start my learning.

How do know what keys on my english keyboard make each korean symbol?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:KB_South_Korea.svg

Right alt toggles.


Ok am I stupid or which key is for ㅈ? Is it the W key or the B key, neither look exactly like it lol, guessing its whats on the W?

ㅈ is w
Tanner
Profile Joined October 2010
United States38 Posts
January 04 2012 07:00 GMT
#32
Memrise is also an amazing free website to use.
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.memrise.com/welcome/
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
January 04 2012 07:02 GMT
#33
And anki
I'll add those to other tools.
LlOoKkIi
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Korea (South)473 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-04 07:28:08
January 04 2012 07:27 GMT
#34
I am going to be going to Korea for a high school exchange soon, so i definitely need to get better at Korean.

Thanks so much for making this thread will definitely be checking it regularly.

Edit: To the rosetta stone point I find that it helps alot with learning words and how sentences are formed but only the present tense.
Korean Highschool Exchange Student. Apink's Eunji #1
mtvacuum
Profile Joined January 2010
United States979 Posts
January 04 2012 08:06 GMT
#35
here is another site http://www.koreanclass101.com/ , It's a paid site but you get a 7 day free premium trial during which you can basically download all their audio lessons for free. Alternatively, you can just sign up with a different email to get another 7 day trial.

Their audio lessons are really helpful and range from Complete Newbie to Advanced. Each lesson is pretty short and focuses on a short dialogue which introduces some new vocabulary and a grammar point or two. Hyunwoo and Kyeong-eun used to do lessons for this site before moving onto TTMIK.

I'm almost done with Level 3 of TTMIK, and would recommend this to anyone just starting out. Each lesson usually focuses on an important grammar point and they gradually introduce vocabulary through their sample sentences. The hosts are also really funny and energetic.
Gamegene
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States8308 Posts
January 04 2012 08:21 GMT
#36
Korean is probably one of the easiest languages to learn. The characters are super simple, and the only difficult part is just learning the grammar rules.

After that it's a matter of expanding your vocabulary.
Throw on your favorite jacket and you're good to roll. Stroll through the trees and let your miseries go.
Jasarn
Profile Joined December 2005
Australia101 Posts
January 04 2012 08:27 GMT
#37
As already mentioned, TTMIK is a great site to start learning. The amount of free content they churn out is pretty amazing. I also use this site as a grammar: http://bonewso.net/koreangrammar/tiki-index.php?page=Korean Grammar Database. It has good, concise explanations on grammar points, as well as a few sample sentences.

TL Name Jasarn
Real name Jason
Skype Jaseyup
What you know 9 months of self-learning; Can have a basic conversation (speaking severely underdeveloped compared to reading/listening), and understand some dramas and variety shows.
Goals Fluency

Chaosvuistje
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands2581 Posts
January 04 2012 08:41 GMT
#38
I'm self studying Korean as well. Have a decent grasp of the grammar by now and just really looking to expand my vocabulary.
Though one book I can really recommend to anyone, which is Korean grammar for International Learners. It has helped my understanding of the grammar system by so much, and has been a consistant resource for when I have to look something up. You won't learn much vocab from it, but for grammar it is amazing.

I think I just need to read more Korean by now, I'm really just lazy about learning vocabulary ( as with all the languages I learned, learn grammar fast, vocabulary suuuper slow ).
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
January 04 2012 10:17 GMT
#39
I'd love to learn Korean so much, but I doubt I have the time T.T
Maybe a future project
Zor222
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United Kingdom88 Posts
January 04 2012 10:46 GMT
#40
My 2p. Avoid Rosetta Stone. I personally found it ridiculously bad and wondered if all the hype around it was just great marketing and someone having good friends at NASA.

Some people work better with a paper textbook (rather than online materials/software) and for that I strongly recommend people buy textbooks from the university language providers - e.g. Sogang University, Yonsei (revamped versions only) and Ewha University (revamped versions only).

It probably goes without saying that the best way to learn is to fly over there and sign up for a full-time course at one of these universities.
My actual TL id is Elric... but I lost login access... :(
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 18 19 20 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 176
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 595
IndyStarCraft 170
BRAT_OK 50
MindelVK 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 26101
Shuttle 1182
Hyuk 663
Mini 434
firebathero 187
hero 95
Sexy 87
Mong 51
Liquid`Ret 49
ggaemo 48
[ Show more ]
Killer 47
Trap 44
Hyun 44
PianO 31
ToSsGirL 25
zelot 16
Rock 15
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Bale 10
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc9981
qojqva1704
Dendi948
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1396
crisheroes1232
Liquid`Hasu675
Other Games
FrodaN1911
singsing1829
fl0m1536
Beastyqt689
Mlord492
Hui .254
Livibee173
Liquid`VortiX153
ArmadaUGS146
KnowMe126
Mew2King57
Trikslyr38
Grubby35
CosmosSc2 15
ToD6
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream43
Other Games
gamesdonequick0
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 45
• mYiSmile126
• Adnapsc2 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki15
• Michael_bg 12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8363
Other Games
• Shiphtur308
• WagamamaTV204
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
6m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2h 6m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 6m
INu's Battles
19h 6m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
22h 6m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 17h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 23h
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.