• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:56
CEST 09:56
KST 16:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Dating: How's your luck? Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8050 users

PvT Training Day, January 2012 - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
brachester
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia1786 Posts
October 07 2011 22:31 GMT
#21
out of curiosity, why are you using pics from the beta?
I hate all this singing
Saber96
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom62 Posts
October 07 2011 22:34 GMT
#22
ID on EU: Saber.772
Your race: Protoss and Terran.
Your league: Masters (mid-going top).
Can you stream/record the day? Everything but games I play.

I am choosing between Terran and Protoss and thus have a relevant understanding of both (with my strongest matchup for Terran being T vs Z, then T vs P, and then T vs T, and P vs Z, P vs T and P vs P respectively).

Great idea!
ODKStevez
Profile Joined February 2011
Ireland1225 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-07 22:45:12
October 07 2011 22:39 GMT
#23
ID on EU: ODKStevez 782
Your race: Protoss (Diamond Zerg)
Your league: Platinum as Protoss
Can you stream/record the day? Yes

I swapped to protoss for season 3. I have over 5k games experience as zerg but I am desperate to reach that master level with Protoss, like I almost did with zerg and this would be a great oppertunity to improve myself and help others in my situation ^^

Be sure to pm if I get selected for anything as I may miss something in this thread as I expect it to get quite big ^^
Luppa <3
ODKStevez
Profile Joined February 2011
Ireland1225 Posts
October 07 2011 22:43 GMT
#24
On October 08 2011 06:07 MrBitter wrote:
Just want to say that AmericanUmlaut is a really cool dude and I completely support this initiative.

Rotti and I might come take part depending on what our ESL schedules have us doing.

In the mean time, good luck to everyone else who takes part in this.


Awesome support, thanks Ben ^^
Luppa <3
nanoscorp
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1237 Posts
October 07 2011 22:56 GMT
#25
Great idea, hope it ends up a smashing success. How about offering prizes or just recognition for build innovations or map-specific strategies? It'd be fun to get everyone working hard ahead of time and see some new strategies on the training day.

Sadly, I play zerg pretty much exclusively. My T and P are nowhere near even diamond level =D

Good luck!
Yunie
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom38 Posts
October 07 2011 22:59 GMT
#26
As a platinum Terran I feel left out. But this is an excellent idea and perhaps if I break into diamond at the start of the season and there are still slots left I may sign up then.

Good luck
Starcraft is the single most amazing thing in the world.
zeOllie
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Australia486 Posts
October 07 2011 23:10 GMT
#27
Loving this idea. Pity I play as zerg AND i'm in plat. lol. have fun tho!
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.
Antimatterz
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States1010 Posts
October 07 2011 23:11 GMT
#28
So this is fucking awesome, but I play zerg and my terran is only masters team league and my toss is only like low diamond

Oh well, will definately sign up for a ZvX day
"HotBid [11:45 AM]: i dunno i kinda like the big muta shooting smaller mutas out"
AmericanUmlaut
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2597 Posts
October 08 2011 06:59 GMT
#29
The response this is getting is just fantastic! I laid awake half the night, trying to figure out what I could do to involve more of you, because it's obvious that way more people are interested in this idea than will fit into my concept. It's really important to me that I find a way to offer the rest of you at least some way to be involved.

So here's what I propose. I'm planning to set up a private channel on the TL Teamspeak server for communication between the group and an IRC channel as a backup. I suggest that anyone interested in joining us simply tune into the streams to get some coaching second hand, and gather in groups of similar skill levels and from the same bnet server in their own Teamspeak channels. Also, I'll be inviting everyone to join us on IRC, and I will pass questions from the community on to the coaches during our Q&A sessions. This will make it possible for people from every league and on every server to take part in some way, even if I can't include you in the core group of participants.

To all you Zergies - this time around, just come and hang out with us. I'm sure you'll find people who'd love to spend the day practicing their XvZ, and I promise that the next Training Day will have something for you!

On October 08 2011 07:26 Blazinghand wrote:
I'm a master league Terran on NA but I have access to an EU account. can I take part?

Blazinghand! I would be honored. Are you sure the time zones won't be a problem for you? We'll be starting pretty early NA time.
The frumious Bandersnatch
Corsica
Profile Joined February 2011
Ukraine1854 Posts
October 08 2011 07:47 GMT
#30
Haha well written ))

Maybe we need more groups like this because I am sure more than 7 protosses will sign up.
Kui
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom88 Posts
October 08 2011 08:22 GMT
#31
hi I'm a high diamond terran on EU - Terran.798

I'd love to do this both for learning and teaching!
"I told you I was ill." -Written on Spike Milligan's Gravestone.
NexCa
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany954 Posts
October 08 2011 09:34 GMT
#32
Really great stuff happens ! :D

Sign me up!

ID on EU: NexCa.244
Your race: Protoss
Your league: High Master
Can you stream/record the day? Yes
Best Protoss Player 4 ever - Bisu[Shield] || http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=326242 || THIS IS WHERE WE STAND, THIS IS WHERE THEY FALL, GIVE THEM NOTHING, BUT TAKE FROM THEM EVERYTHING ! || SKT FIGHTIIING
Utikiz
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Denmark18 Posts
October 08 2011 09:54 GMT
#33
Awesome!!

Sign me up!!!!

ID on EU: Utikiz 731
Your race: Terran!
Your league: Diamond on EU masters on US :D
Can you stream/record the day? Probably
"Ghandi said Eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.. Starcraft player needs serious medical treatment
CatNzHat
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1599 Posts
October 08 2011 10:06 GMT
#34
I'd be in for a version of this on NA.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
October 12 2011 16:50 GMT
#35
On October 08 2011 15:59 AmericanUmlaut wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2011 07:26 Blazinghand wrote:
I'm a master league Terran on NA but I have access to an EU account. can I take part?

Blazinghand! I would be honored. Are you sure the time zones won't be a problem for you? We'll be starting pretty early NA time.


Alright. I'll probably be up late for the event so it shouldn't be too much of a problem :D

I'm Blazinghand.736 on EU. Here's my NA info:
http://www.sc2ranks.com/us/1987605/Blazinghand
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
October 12 2011 17:03 GMT
#36
Love to join, im ladder locked at the top of plat for the next 2 weeks though

ID on EU: Cyro.719
Your race: Protoss
Your league: Plat
Can you stream/record the day? Yes

"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
the p00n
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands615 Posts
October 12 2011 17:03 GMT
#37
Does 10:00 CET mean 10AM? I assume it does (else it would be 22:00 I guess).
AmericanUmlaut
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2597 Posts
October 12 2011 18:36 GMT
#38
On October 13 2011 02:03 Cyro wrote:
Love to join, im ladder locked at the top of plat for the next 2 weeks though

ID on EU: Cyro.719
Your race: Protoss
Your league: Plat
Can you stream/record the day? Yes


No worries! I'll check accounts when I start sending out PMs to everyone who expresses interest here, so if you're platinum now and diamond then, no worries. And of course, like I said before, I'm going to do my best to set this up so that there's practice and fun to be had for everyone who joins us on the stream or on Teamspeak and IRC, so even if you're still Platinum, just drop by and find someone to practice with!

On October 13 2011 02:03 the p00n wrote:
Does 10:00 CET mean 10AM? I assume it does (else it would be 22:00 I guess).

Yes sir, mister p00n, sir. That is correct.
The frumious Bandersnatch
Amazonic
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden239 Posts
October 18 2011 21:49 GMT
#39
Im zerg, but screw it, im is as T! (i offrace T on a lowish diamond level).

EU: Amazonic.727
Terran
Diamond
Can't stream unfortunately

Looking forward to this, great idea! *standing ovation*
"Amazing how something so simple as a fat person and gravity can be so amusing. Classic!"
Xaeldaren
Profile Joined June 2010
Ireland588 Posts
October 20 2011 03:11 GMT
#40
Right now I'm a Gold (facing top Platinum due to ladder-lock) Protoss but I WILL be Diamond by the time January rolls around. I'll be in!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 629
Hyun 52
NotJumperer 39
Killer 34
Bale 33
scan(afreeca) 14
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto142
League of Legends
JimRising 488
Counter-Strike
ceh9546
edward60
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King97
Other Games
summit1g8267
olofmeister739
Coldzera 702
Happy265
Sick157
NeuroSwarm95
ViBE22
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick568
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2277
League of Legends
• Jankos824
• Stunt344
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2h 5m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3h 5m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
16h 5m
Patches Events
1d 8h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.