• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:15
CEST 09:15
KST 16:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9164 users

Oxford Uni SC II Society

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
xHerodotusx
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United Kingdom114 Posts
March 09 2011 02:44 GMT
#1
Hey guys, a couple of my friends and I are starting a SC II society at Oxford, anyone in the area is welcome to join. There seems to be a general lack of any kind of gaming scene around here, but I'm sure there are at least a few of you out there. Currently we're just playing random practice games here and there and talking over vent. Anyone interested in joining post!
ZerO - Seal - Life - Taeja - Parting - Squirtle
RudePlague
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Great Britain113 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-10 15:41:26
March 10 2011 11:06 GMT
#2
Just stumbled across this by chance, I play (Gold league Protoss) and play with 3 others fairly regularly (1 other current student, 2 nearby grads).

Would be cool to play some games with different people.

We did briefly talk about trying to organise some sort of tournament, but haven't done anything about it at this point.

(RudePlague.448 if you want to friend me in game)
RoberP
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom101 Posts
March 12 2011 20:03 GMT
#3
Yo,
as Plague said, playing some different people would be cool, well up for it!
I'm currently diamond (but keep getting matched against masters, lol, promote me already darn it!)
RudePlague is more platinum standard than gold tbh ^^, anyways I'm without starcraft for 2 weeks, but after that totally up for some games, let us know the vent IP/password :D
Rob (Somerville)
Sombrero
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom134 Posts
March 12 2011 20:08 GMT
#4
Its a shame you are limiting it to just Oxford, with the small number of starcraft 2 players in the uk as it is, do you not think it would be better to do an academic starcraft 2 society? I am a final year undergrad student at Queen Mary's University of London and I think it would be awesome to hang out with fellow academics (although I might not be at an institute as prestigious as yours). Travelling to Oxford from London takes no time at all. Let me know what you guys think.
searcher
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
277 Posts
March 12 2011 20:22 GMT
#5
Any SC2 players at Imperial?
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
March 12 2011 20:25 GMT
#6
On March 13 2011 05:22 searcher wrote:
Any SC2 players at Imperial?

Hells yeah. Final year though
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
searcher
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
277 Posts
March 12 2011 20:50 GMT
#7
On March 13 2011 05:25 Telcontar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2011 05:22 searcher wrote:
Any SC2 players at Imperial?

Hells yeah. Final year though

Me too, though I'll probably be doing a masters. What subject do you read?
Raysalis
Profile Joined July 2010
Malaysia1034 Posts
March 12 2011 20:51 GMT
#8
On March 13 2011 05:22 searcher wrote:
Any SC2 players at Imperial?


Haha, I will have played with you if not for the fact that I graduated already . There are quite a lot of people playing SC2 at Imperial. I was mostly playing with the Malaysian/Singaporean/Chinese/Asian students. Quite sure you can start a SC2 society
:)
searcher
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
277 Posts
March 12 2011 20:54 GMT
#9
On March 13 2011 05:51 Raysalis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2011 05:22 searcher wrote:
Any SC2 players at Imperial?


Haha, I will have played with you if not for the fact that I graduated already . There are quite a lot of people playing SC2 at Imperial. I was mostly playing with the Malaysian/Singaporean/Chinese/Asian students. Quite sure you can start a SC2 society

Hmm perhaps we should start our own thread then. I didn't know there were so many players. I don't expect there to be many English players and most of the Asians I have met are too posh for gaming.
Kerotan
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
England2111 Posts
March 12 2011 20:55 GMT
#10
I can't help but agree with Sombero, I go to Southampton and I know maybe 3 people that play SC2/BW.

If any one wants a game, my digits are in my profile.
Nerdette // External revolution - Internal revolution // Fabulous // I raise my hands to heaven of curiosity // I don't know what to ask for // What has it got for me? // Kerribear
aka_star
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United Kingdom1546 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-12 22:41:02
March 12 2011 21:20 GMT
#11
I'm from Oxford sign me up I'd love to join in

FlashDave.999
FlashDave.999 aka Star
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
March 12 2011 21:26 GMT
#12
On March 13 2011 05:50 searcher wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2011 05:25 Telcontar wrote:
On March 13 2011 05:22 searcher wrote:
Any SC2 players at Imperial?

Hells yeah. Final year though

Me too, though I'll probably be doing a masters. What subject do you read?

Physics MSci. Really gonna miss the place.
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
.Enigma
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom116 Posts
March 12 2011 22:32 GMT
#13
Hey theres a group of 4 of us at Lincoln who play casually (Plat/Gold/Gold/Silver). We'd definitely be up for getting involved, this sounds like a great idea

Enigma.260 - feel free to add me
RoberP
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom101 Posts
March 13 2011 14:05 GMT
#14
Woop. I like the sound of inter uni games - for the glory of Oxford! (etc etc).
Could also get some inter-college team games happening, (lol sc2 cuppers anyone?)
RieuK
Profile Joined November 2009
United Kingdom55 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-13 16:26:55
March 13 2011 14:10 GMT
#15
There's a few of us at University College London too if you're going to start some sort of intercollegiate tournie

~3000ish master terran
RieuK.821 Feel free to add.
exia33
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom28 Posts
March 13 2011 14:15 GMT
#16
Theres is about a total of about 10 of us at Aberdeen University :D
Some sort of intercollegiate tournament would be awesome. I have been tempted to form a group for SC2 ppl at AU too...
I have a score to settle with Imperial... damn your Frank Morton dodgeball team :p
Time heals what reason cannot
Laurens
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium4558 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-13 14:21:20
March 13 2011 14:18 GMT
#17
Oxford here (st catz)

high diamond, matched against masters so hopefully promotion soon

Laurens.274 add me

I'd be interested in joining a society/tournaments if you decide to have them
arthur
Profile Joined April 2009
United Kingdom488 Posts
March 13 2011 14:27 GMT
#18
cambridge mate
youtube.com/f1337
.Enigma
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom116 Posts
March 13 2011 15:02 GMT
#19
SC2 cuppers sounds pretty awesome :D

@OP I searched SC2ranks for you but it says your account is on NA? I also couldn't add you ingame
bigbros2
Profile Joined December 2009
United Kingdom18 Posts
March 13 2011 15:06 GMT
#20
On March 13 2011 23:10 htwest wrote:
There's a few of us at University College London too if you're going to start some sort of intercollegiate tournie


:o damn I knew I should have started an SC society last year at UCL... where have you all been hiding?! I'm UCL final year BSc Biomedical Sci student :D
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 45m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 334
Hyuk 204
Hyun 90
Shinee 57
Hm[arnc] 49
ZergMaN 18
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm180
League of Legends
JimRising 704
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King107
Other Games
summit1g9024
WinterStarcraft525
ArmadaUGS74
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick741
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream179
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2307
League of Legends
• Rush1647
• Lourlo1005
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 45m
INu's Battles
4h 45m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
7h 45m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 45m
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 45m
Replay Cast
15h 45m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 2h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 3h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 15h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.