• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:54
CEST 04:54
KST 11:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6857 users

University of Queensland Starcraft Society - Page 4

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16 17 Next All
ChaoticBlack
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia288 Posts
March 10 2011 06:00 GMT
#61
On March 10 2011 13:59 Suc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 10 2011 13:57 Maynarde wrote:
On March 10 2011 13:48 GTR wrote:
i can't wait until i go to sydney next year and sport my outdated cj shirt :3


LoL <3

Kudos to you QLDers sharing the TL love with the TL Shirts. I think I'm the only South Aussie with one

No one saw me though T_T, or if they did, they didn't scream 'ESPORTS'


When I find you I will haha then 50 people will look awkwardly at me
Senjougahara Fascination
nataziel
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Australia1455 Posts
March 10 2011 06:29 GMT
#62
I was in the ssh library for a few hours, occasionally browsing TL, and spent a bit of time in gordon greenwood (where I assume you have korean)... I've been recognised ONCE for wearing my wemade fox tshirt back when it still fit me
u gotta sk8
Suc
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Australia1569 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-10 09:10:23
March 10 2011 08:28 GMT
#63
On March 10 2011 15:29 nataziel wrote:
I was in the ssh library for a few hours, occasionally browsing TL, and spent a bit of time in gordon greenwood (where I assume you have korean)... I've been recognised ONCE for wearing my wemade fox tshirt back when it still fit me

Yeah I was on the bottom floor of the ssh library from like 8:30-10 and then had korean in gordon greenwood until 12. My friends noticed, but that's cause they know me :S
박 선생님 didn't even comment on the "HWASEUNG" labelled across my chest and he seems to notice stuff a lot and make jokes about said things
pSht
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia9 Posts
March 10 2011 08:59 GMT
#64
Yeah, this thread is awesome. Currently living in Germany I plan to commence my studies in Master of Engineering at Griffith University at the end of June 2011. Good 2 know that there are plenty of Starcraft addicts in Down Under too
ChaoticBlack
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia288 Posts
March 10 2011 09:24 GMT
#65
On March 10 2011 17:59 pSht wrote:
Yeah, this thread is awesome. Currently living in Germany I plan to commence my studies in Master of Engineering at Griffith University at the end of June 2011. Good 2 know that there are plenty of Starcraft addicts in Down Under too


Haha feel free to join when you arrive here in Oz! We can have a welcome to Aus party
Senjougahara Fascination
Rhodan
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia232 Posts
March 10 2011 09:41 GMT
#66
Another QuT student expressing interest

I was actually thinking of doing something similar for QuT but hadn't got around to it between getting ready for uni, work and starcraft ^.^ - probably better to just focus on getting one group up and then if theres enough QuT people later on, it could always split into 2 (or 3 with griffith etc)

I only needed one probe to take down idra. I had to upgrade to a zealot for strelok." - Liquid`Tyler
ChaoticBlack
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia288 Posts
March 10 2011 09:59 GMT
#67
On March 10 2011 18:41 Rhodan wrote:
Another QuT student expressing interest

I was actually thinking of doing something similar for QuT but hadn't got around to it between getting ready for uni, work and starcraft ^.^ - probably better to just focus on getting one group up and then if theres enough QuT people later on, it could always split into 2 (or 3 with griffith etc)



Awesome now we are halfway with the number of people we need! Yeh its what I was thinking, do something similar as the UNSW, UTS and USYD StarSocs with organizing the tournaments together and have a combined facebook page.
Senjougahara Fascination
Scarlet_Pinata
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia11 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-10 10:23:17
March 10 2011 10:16 GMT
#68
On March 07 2011 21:49 JesusOurSaviour wrote:
I am not going to play SCII yet, (or else I might fail Uni from practicing too much).

But yea, awesome stuff bro, I'm at UQ doing Med in my second year. Hope to see you guys lan it up at UQ, gotta break the firewall though



Haha, second year med student at UQ as well...Now I wanna know who you are. And to the OP, brilliant idea, am so in.

Michael
Suc
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Australia1569 Posts
March 10 2011 11:00 GMT
#69
Hey so Pedro/ChaoticBlack, since you started this thread, I won't fill out any things for the society that you haven't done, so would you mind checking this out: http://www.uqu.com.au/filelib/Start_New_Club.pdf and just do some tentative aims or something so I can go ask some mates irl who aren't on TL?
ChaoticBlack
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia288 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-10 12:08:26
March 10 2011 12:07 GMT
#70
On March 10 2011 20:00 Suc wrote:
Hey so Pedro/ChaoticBlack, since you started this thread, I won't fill out any things for the society that you haven't done, so would you mind checking this out: http://www.uqu.com.au/filelib/Start_New_Club.pdf and just do some tentative aims or something so I can go ask some mates irl who aren't on TL?


I downloaded the form last night but still need two more aims. The one I already have is "To organize activities which involve weekly/fortnightly LAN sessions and inter-uni/state tournaments". Which other aims due you think we can add? We need at least 3...

EDIT: Maybe we can separate the aim above into two different ones (one for LAN and other for tourneys)?
Senjougahara Fascination
jeeneeus
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1168 Posts
March 10 2011 12:17 GMT
#71
Watch tournaments and streams.
Suc
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Australia1569 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-10 12:29:12
March 10 2011 12:22 GMT
#72
Another aim could be: To foster the growth and interest in the recent phenomenon of competitive video games, known by fans as "e-sports" by organising group watchings of professional tournaments.
or something like that

edit: oh yeah and something about demystifying the world of competitive starcraft and allowing anyone to understand and join in on the fun (although this may overlap with my first statement)
JesusOurSaviour
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Arab Emirates1141 Posts
March 10 2011 12:36 GMT
#73
On March 10 2011 19:16 Scarlet_Pinata wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2011 21:49 JesusOurSaviour wrote:
I am not going to play SCII yet, (or else I might fail Uni from practicing too much).

But yea, awesome stuff bro, I'm at UQ doing Med in my second year. Hope to see you guys lan it up at UQ, gotta break the firewall though



Haha, second year med student at UQ as well...Now I wanna know who you are. And to the OP, brilliant idea, am so in.

Michael


You're Michael as well !?!

I'm Michael !!!

Michael Hsieh's the name here, in my 2nd year of MBBS proper... um... I'm based at the Mater, I attend 20% of the lectures (because I don't wake up on time (((.... I'm cramming my portfolio WHILE watching GSL, which is a total fail. Ya

now who are you :D
Suc
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Australia1569 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-10 21:42:53
March 10 2011 12:37 GMT
#74
On March 10 2011 21:36 JesusOurSaviour wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 10 2011 19:16 Scarlet_Pinata wrote:
On March 07 2011 21:49 JesusOurSaviour wrote:
I am not going to play SCII yet, (or else I might fail Uni from practicing too much).

But yea, awesome stuff bro, I'm at UQ doing Med in my second year. Hope to see you guys lan it up at UQ, gotta break the firewall though



Haha, second year med student at UQ as well...Now I wanna know who you are. And to the OP, brilliant idea, am so in.

Michael


You're Michael as well !?!

I'm Michael !!!

Michael Hsieh's the name here, in my 2nd year of MBBS proper... um... I'm based at the Mater, I attend 20% of the lectures (because I don't wake up on time (((.... I'm cramming my portfolio WHILE watching GSL, which is a total fail. Ya

now who are you :D

My older brother is doing 2nd year Med at UQ too :D

edit: oh snap, if you're Michael Ti Hsieh, then I am super happy, grammar reppin (+we have like 9 mutual friends on fb)..... that's if you're Michael Ti Hsieh
Cybrewaste
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia6 Posts
March 10 2011 16:10 GMT
#75
This is pretty awesome, I'm totally interested, although I'm doing I.T at griffith at the moment, I'm hoping to go to UQ next year to study psychology.

Have you guys thought about having a chat channel in game at all just to hang out?
I'm not a wizard, I'm only an ICT graduate.
ChaoticBlack
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia288 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-10 23:21:32
March 10 2011 23:09 GMT
#76
On March 10 2011 21:22 Suc wrote:
Another aim could be: To foster the growth and interest in the recent phenomenon of competitive video games, known by fans as "e-sports" by organising group watchings of professional tournaments.
or something like that

edit: oh yeah and something about demystifying the world of competitive starcraft and allowing anyone to understand and join in on the fun (although this may overlap with my first statement)


On March 10 2011 21:17 jeeneeus wrote:
Watch tournaments and streams.


So are we ok with the 3 aims being:
-To organize activities which involve weekly/fortnightly LAN sessions and inter-uni/state tournaments
-To foster the growth and interest in the recent phenomenon of competitive video games, known by fans as "e-sports" by organising group watchings of professional tournaments and streams.
-Demystify the world of competitive Starcraft to the general public by allowing anyone to join and play. Practice matches against the top players will also be available to increase any player's skill by receiving feedback.

On March 11 2011 01:10 Cybrewaste wrote:
This is pretty awesome, I'm totally interested, although I'm doing I.T at griffith at the moment, I'm hoping to go to UQ next year to study psychology.

Have you guys thought about having a chat channel in game at all just to hang out?


Thats a good idea. Currently I'm in the chat channel LOLX which is where the clan LAG stay along with the Sydney StarSoc. What should we call the Brisbane StarSoc channel?

Could you guys use TeamLiquid last night? It said servers were busy to me
Senjougahara Fascination
Scarlet_Pinata
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia11 Posts
March 10 2011 23:18 GMT
#77
On March 10 2011 21:36 JesusOurSaviour wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 10 2011 19:16 Scarlet_Pinata wrote:
On March 07 2011 21:49 JesusOurSaviour wrote:
I am not going to play SCII yet, (or else I might fail Uni from practicing too much).

But yea, awesome stuff bro, I'm at UQ doing Med in my second year. Hope to see you guys lan it up at UQ, gotta break the firewall though



Haha, second year med student at UQ as well...Now I wanna know who you are. And to the OP, brilliant idea, am so in.

Michael


You're Michael as well !?!

I'm Michael !!!

Michael Hsieh's the name here, in my 2nd year of MBBS proper... um... I'm based at the Mater, I attend 20% of the lectures (because I don't wake up on time (((.... I'm cramming my portfolio WHILE watching GSL, which is a total fail. Ya

now who are you :D


Oh that's friggin terrible, it's Michael Yu from your anti PBL last year, didn't know you'd picked up SC2 yet. Incidentally an extra aim can be simply fostering social ties between different courses through the common medium of social and competitive E-Sports.

And then if you still need another aim, aid in something about fostering stronger ties between universities in Australia, through the common medium of social and competitive E-Sports.

And to the other guy, who's your bro in second year? I must find all the med students! Gotta catch em all
ChaoticBlack
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia288 Posts
March 10 2011 23:37 GMT
#78
On March 11 2011 08:18 Scarlet_Pinata wrote:
Oh that's friggin terrible, it's Michael Yu from your anti PBL last year, didn't know you'd picked up SC2 yet. Incidentally an extra aim can be simply fostering social ties between different courses through the common medium of social and competitive E-Sports.

And then if you still need another aim, aid in something about fostering stronger ties between universities in Australia, through the common medium of social and competitive E-Sports.

And to the other guy, who's your bro in second year? I must find all the med students! Gotta catch em all


The new aims will be:
-To foster social ties between different courses at UQ and universities in Australia through the common medium of social and competitive E-Sports.
-To foster the growth and interest in the recent phenomenon of competitive video games, known by fans as "e-sports"
-Demystify the world of competitive Starcraft to the general public.

The parts I removed I am adding to a different part of the form where we have to say how we want to achieve those aims
Senjougahara Fascination
Suc
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Australia1569 Posts
March 11 2011 00:18 GMT
#79
On March 11 2011 08:37 ChaoticBlack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 11 2011 08:18 Scarlet_Pinata wrote:
Oh that's friggin terrible, it's Michael Yu from your anti PBL last year, didn't know you'd picked up SC2 yet. Incidentally an extra aim can be simply fostering social ties between different courses through the common medium of social and competitive E-Sports.

And then if you still need another aim, aid in something about fostering stronger ties between universities in Australia, through the common medium of social and competitive E-Sports.

And to the other guy, who's your bro in second year? I must find all the med students! Gotta catch em all


The new aims will be:
-To foster social ties between different courses at UQ and universities in Australia through the common medium of social and competitive E-Sports.
-To foster the growth and interest in the recent phenomenon of competitive video games, known by fans as "e-sports"
-Demystify the world of competitive Starcraft to the general public.

The parts I removed I am adding to a different part of the form where we have to say how we want to achieve those aims

Yeah those sound good, I looked up the games club aims and these don't seem to overlap with them.
Thynar
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia27 Posts
March 11 2011 00:26 GMT
#80
It might also be an idea to post the sign up for this club on sc2sea as well.

Might help us get those numbers up faster.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 6m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 225
ProTech135
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17580
Rain 1566
GuemChi 679
NaDa 24
Bale 19
sSak 7
Dota 2
monkeys_forever460
NeuroSwarm234
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
summit1g6351
taco 572
minikerr48
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1143
Mew2King101
Other Games
JimRising 574
WinterStarcraft555
C9.Mang0186
ViBE128
ZombieGrub21
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1003
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 169
• davetesta34
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo298
• Stunt289
Other Games
• Scarra706
• Shiphtur591
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
7h 6m
INu's Battles
8h 6m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
10h 6m
OSC
19h 21m
Replay Cast
20h 6m
OSC
1d 20h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.