• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:24
CEST 22:24
KST 05:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8056 users

University of Queensland Starcraft Society - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 15 16 17 Next All
ChaoticBlack
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia288 Posts
March 07 2011 12:48 GMT
#21
+ Show Spoiler +
On March 07 2011 21:38 Suc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2011 21:32 ChaoticBlack wrote:
On March 07 2011 20:15 Suc wrote:
Complete an ‘Expression of Interest Form’. This form needs to include:
a) The name of the proposed club or society
b) Three proposed aims of the proposed club or society
c) Include the names, signatures and student numbers of
i) 30 students in the case of a St Lucia based club


I've had some friends show interest and they will probs have some friends who might show interest, but to get 30 people, you'll really have to get the message out and ask around.


On March 07 2011 20:47 Suc wrote:
:O nice man, and just as a btw, we only need 70% of members to be enrolled at UQ, so outside mates can come in too.


On March 07 2011 20:39 Breakman wrote:
I am down for this. I actually went to market day and saw the games club, too bad they only focused on CoD and SF4 games, and a minority played SC2 on laptops..

My SEA account is Batman 540. I have about 5 SC2 buddies that go to UQ who might also be interested in this.


I'll keep the thread updated with the names of players who have shown interest and the uni they attend so we have an idea of the progress of the society. Please ask your friends to post their interest here in this thread or similar thread in gosugamers.com or add me on Facebook (you can find me on the USYD & UNSW StarSoc facebook group as a member - my name is Pedro Alves)

Oh yeah Suc I decided to stay in MATH1050 cause today my workload tripled haha so I don't think I can catch up and work on this StarSoc at the same time.

+ Show Spoiler +
On March 07 2011 20:44 jeeneeus wrote:
Talk to REQShuffle, aka Joe Maloney. He goes to UQ, and is one of the best AU players. Also, I go to UQ and play, although I haven't had much time to play recently, I just watch ridiculous amounts. jeeneeus.580

I'll look for Joe at UQ (does he have facebook or TL.net account so its easier to find him?). You don't have to play SC2 or even have a copy of the game, as long as you are interested in watching matches and expanding the SC2 scene.



Haha yeah it sounds like math1050 is the right choice for you. To add to what you said about not even needing a copy of sc2, if we could get access to some room to watch gsl semi-finals or grand finals that could be pretty awesome (+ TSL depending on broadcast times, because that would be so sick).


I think its possible to hire lecture theater after hours, there is the theater in Hawken Engineering Building which can accommodate 600 students and the Entertainment Center can be hired also. As soon the StarSoc is approved by UQ I'll get some information on the hiring of theaters as we might need to book it a few weeks in advance
Senjougahara Fascination
JesusOurSaviour
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Arab Emirates1141 Posts
March 07 2011 12:49 GMT
#22
I am not going to play SCII yet, (or else I might fail Uni from practicing too much).

But yea, awesome stuff bro, I'm at UQ doing Med in my second year. Hope to see you guys lan it up at UQ, gotta break the firewall though

nataziel
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Australia1455 Posts
March 07 2011 12:53 GMT
#23
Hiring theatres is probably going to be a bit too much I think, probably better off just hiring a small teaching room with a projector imo
u gotta sk8
ChaoticBlack
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia288 Posts
March 07 2011 12:54 GMT
#24
On March 07 2011 21:49 JesusOurSaviour wrote:
I am not going to play SCII yet, (or else I might fail Uni from practicing too much).

But yea, awesome stuff bro, I'm at UQ doing Med in my second year. Hope to see you guys lan it up at UQ, gotta break the firewall though



Haha I share your worry but Im timetabling my week so to not let this negatively affect my studies. Would you still like to be put down as players who have shown interest? Its not required to attend all meetings and we will try to be as flexible as possible as we are all studying as well
Senjougahara Fascination
ChaoticBlack
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia288 Posts
March 07 2011 13:00 GMT
#25
On March 07 2011 21:53 nataziel wrote:
Hiring theatres is probably going to be a bit too much I think, probably better off just hiring a small teaching room with a projector imo


Maybe societies might get a special discount or for free if they are feeling generous? Im initially just gonna concentrate on starting StarSoc but its good to start throwing some ideas around.


On March 07 2011 21:49 JesusOurSaviour wrote:
Hope to see you guys lan it up at UQ, gotta break the firewall though


I might check if its possible to get some exceptions for our computers during certain times when we have LAN. We will work it out haha hopefully
Senjougahara Fascination
palookieblue
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia326 Posts
March 07 2011 13:07 GMT
#26
Good work fellas.
Count me in - 3rd year UQ student. I'll be checking this thread eagerly!

(:
oyoyo
ChaoticBlack
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia288 Posts
March 07 2011 13:24 GMT
#27
On March 07 2011 22:07 palookieblue wrote:
Good work fellas.
Count me in - 3rd year UQ student. I'll be checking this thread eagerly!

(:


Thanks! Hopefully we get 30 people by the end of next week. Please pass the word so this can become possible!
Senjougahara Fascination
swo
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia4 Posts
March 07 2011 13:25 GMT
#28
what about Griffith Uni ppl yo?!!!!!
swo
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia4 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-07 13:28:03
March 07 2011 13:27 GMT
#29
if there is a good number of ppl that want to do this and are from different universities (in Brisbane ofc) an inter uni tourney should happen lols ^^
Thynar
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia27 Posts
March 07 2011 13:30 GMT
#30
I created a team liquid account for this

If this goes ahead count me in.
Studying first year IT at UQ
ChaoticBlack
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia288 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-07 13:35:21
March 07 2011 13:30 GMT
#31
Senjougahara Fascination
ChaoticBlack
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia288 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-07 13:35:00
March 07 2011 13:32 GMT
#32
On March 07 2011 22:25 swo wrote:
what about Griffith Uni ppl yo?!!!!!


You can still join the UQ StarSoc as we only need 70% of our members to be from UQ, if you think there are enough players in Griffith you can start your own StarSoc and we will support you. Officially it will be called UQ StarSoc but it might end up hosting any Queensland unis who wouldn't have enough members to host their own societies

On March 07 2011 22:30 Thynar wrote:
I created a team liquid account for this

If this goes ahead count me in.
Studying first year IT at UQ


Glad you created a TL account to respond!

On March 07 2011 22:27 swo wrote:
if there is a good number of ppl that want to do this and are from different universities (in Brisbane ofc) an inter uni tourney should happen lols ^^


Yeh haha I already talked with the StarSocs located in Sydney (UTS, UNSW and USYD) and we might organize some inter uni tourneys. Tournaments with the local universities sounds good too!
Senjougahara Fascination
palookieblue
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia326 Posts
March 07 2011 13:42 GMT
#33
On March 07 2011 22:24 ChaoticBlack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2011 22:07 palookieblue wrote:
Good work fellas.
Count me in - 3rd year UQ student. I'll be checking this thread eagerly!

(:


Thanks! Hopefully we get 30 people by the end of next week. Please pass the word so this can become possible!
I know of at least 10+ friends who go to UQ and play sc2 for fun.
I'll see if I can get them to sign up to tl.net for yah. (:

We should set up a mini-stall next to the fruit-selling lady in the courtyard. :3
oyoyo
jeeneeus
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1168 Posts
March 07 2011 13:44 GMT
#34
how could we possibly compete with her? she's the next fruit dealer.
ChaoticBlack
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia288 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-07 13:47:21
March 07 2011 13:46 GMT
#35
On March 07 2011 22:42 palookieblue wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2011 22:24 ChaoticBlack wrote:
On March 07 2011 22:07 palookieblue wrote:
Good work fellas.
Count me in - 3rd year UQ student. I'll be checking this thread eagerly!

(:


Thanks! Hopefully we get 30 people by the end of next week. Please pass the word so this can become possible!
I know of at least 10+ friends who go to UQ and play sc2 for fun.
I'll see if I can get them to sign up to tl.net for yah. (:

We should set up a mini-stall next to the fruit-selling lady in the courtyard. :3


If all of them join we would only need 5 more players and this can go ahead :D. I was thinking of setting up a stall and sell something so we can raise money so we can go to Sydney sometime during holidays or when we decide its best to participate in a tournament/get together with the other StarSocs.

On March 07 2011 22:44 jeeneeus wrote:
how could we possibly compete with her? she's the next fruit dealer.


Hahaha I always buy watermelon from her for lunch, we ain't gonna compete just become something like business partners.

Senjougahara Fascination
palookieblue
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia326 Posts
March 07 2011 13:47 GMT
#36
On March 07 2011 22:44 jeeneeus wrote:
how could we possibly compete with her? she's the next fruit dealer.

I almost choked on my water. Well played.
oyoyo
Krolinkos
Profile Joined February 2010
Australia74 Posts
March 07 2011 13:53 GMT
#37
I'm too busy to actually attend anything or participate (except perhaps meetups to watch starleague finals live or something), but if you need my name on the expression of interest form I'll sign it. I'm Shuffle's brother btw, so he'll keep me updated.
Unashamedly nerdy.
ChaoticBlack
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia288 Posts
March 07 2011 13:57 GMT
#38
On March 07 2011 22:53 Krolinkos wrote:
I'm too busy to actually attend anything or participate (except perhaps meetups to watch starleague finals live or something), but if you need my name on the expression of interest form I'll sign it. I'm Shuffle's brother btw, so he'll keep me updated.


Thanks for showing interest! Ill add you to the list. Its not required to attend everything as we understand how uni life becomes hectic quickly. Could you ask him if I could add his name to the list also? Thanks
Senjougahara Fascination
Thynar
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia27 Posts
March 07 2011 17:47 GMT
#39
Also, if you need any help to set this up, send me a PM here.

Willing to help in anyway to get this off the ground
ChaoticBlack
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia288 Posts
March 08 2011 02:11 GMT
#40
On March 08 2011 02:47 Thynar wrote:
Also, if you need any help to set this up, send me a PM here.

Willing to help in anyway to get this off the ground


I'll definitely need help in organizing everything. Thanks for the offer!
Senjougahara Fascination
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 15 16 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 36m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 105
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15155
Calm 2165
Mini 166
Rush 107
EffOrt 102
Trap 22
scan(afreeca) 17
Bale 13
Dota 2
febbydoto21
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
fl0m3253
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King39
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4087
Liquid`Hasu637
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1979
Beastyqt814
B2W.Neo568
RotterdaM480
shahzam415
C9.Mang0290
IndyStarCraft 185
ToD149
Trikslyr96
Dewaltoss67
UpATreeSC60
ZombieGrub34
JuggernautJason21
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 27
• Michael_bg 8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1144
Other Games
• imaqtpie1041
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
13h 36m
INu's Battles
14h 36m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
16h 36m
OSC
1d 1h
Replay Cast
1d 2h
OSC
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.