• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:14
CEST 10:14
KST 17:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10665 users

SC2 in the Raleigh North Carolina area - Page 5

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Nysze
Profile Joined July 2010
United States111 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-20 03:13:27
August 20 2011 02:55 GMT
#81
Hey, I am trying to get a meetup together at RUaGamer in west Raleigh (@ 40 and 440), tomorrow, the 20th, at 3:00. Sorry for the short notice. We have a couple players so far and would love some more. www.ruagamer.com it's 10$ for 4hrs, and 15$ for 12hrs.

Nysze.955
Well butter my biscuit
Bm3
Profile Joined June 2011
United States46 Posts
August 24 2011 08:51 GMT
#82
Hey guys we have our second SC2 tournament announced for Septermber 11th @ RUaGamer. Heres the new tournament post http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=258290#1
jerryrigginz
Profile Joined February 2012
United States34 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-29 17:29:50
February 28 2012 00:06 GMT
#83
Bump

Hi everyone! I know this thread is old but I was about to post basically the same thing. I added everyone that I could. I've lived in Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill, respectively lol. Graduated from NCCU and now living in Chapel Hill. Went to MLG Raleigh last year and will be going again this year. 23 years old and looking for a local group of similar individuals to hang out with and play SC2, but LAN places like RUaGamer and GameFrog aren't really my thing...

I recently played SC2 with some friends at a sports bar off Glenwood Ave. called Blinco's and it was a lot of fun. Some of you may have been there before. The management are SC1 fans and are willing to host meetups once or twice a month if I organize them. It's not a LAN center so you'd need a laptop or super portable desktop to play but their wifi is fantastic, no lag or anything, and they'd reserve their party room for us to play in so we have a good space. I'm a graphic designer full time so I run SC2 from my MacBook and a wireless keyboard/mouse. I'm planning to hold the 1st event (which I'm calling SCTuesdays @Blincos) the last Tuesday in March, 3/27/12 from 7pm-11pm. It's a full sports bar so even if you don't have a laptop you could come and eat, drink, obs, play pool or watch other sports on their TVs and have a good time. So please PM/email me or reply here if you're interested. I'd really like to make this a regular, once-a-month thing. It'd be a great way to meet new ppl and enjoy playing SC2 in a more Barcraft-esque setting 8)

Gold Level Terran
jerryrigginz.174 (always up for customs)

Twitter: @JerryRigginz
jerryrigginz
Profile Joined February 2012
United States34 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-18 15:52:41
March 15 2012 16:27 GMT
#84
So I don't know if this got bumped or not, but if anyone happens to see this thread, this event is still on. The start time has change slightly from 7pm to 7:30pm. Like I said before we're going to be playing matches just like you would at home, but at a sports bar instead 8) So if you want to play be sure to bring you laptop/desktop if it's portable enough and you don't mind bringing it. The food is great too so bring some extra dollars if you want to eat/drink
Gamgee
Profile Joined August 2010
United States135 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-17 01:34:24
March 17 2012 01:34 GMT
#85
Awesome, glad to see there's some SC2ing going on in Raleigh! I've been getting moved (back) to the area and starting up a new job, but I hope to be there with my laptop... granted, I haven't really had a chance to play SC2 since about late January, so I'm incredibly rusty, but if there's one thing that I've learned from the great Day9 dailies, it's that failing horribly can be awesome in its own way. :D
Steelo_Rivers
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States1968 Posts
March 17 2012 01:46 GMT
#86
I honestly wish there were more gamers in the area that played sc2. I have a few friends who have basically a lan party every weekend but they play LoL and CS 1.6
ok
jerryrigginz
Profile Joined February 2012
United States34 Posts
March 18 2012 15:52 GMT
#87
Hey Gamgee, it was good talking to you in the chat group the other day! Hopefully you'll be able to come out. I'm slowly conforming to that notion of embracing failure myself, thanks to the dailies lol. I certainly don't claim to be all that great of a player myself be any means, but I like to play and I've got goals 8)

AeroEffect I'm right with you man. For an area that hosts one of the bigger MLG events in the season, we've got a pretty disjointed community of players lol. That's part of the reason I'm trying to start this SCTuesdays event, to help connect players face-to-face in a physical space and build the community. Forums and online communities are great but I think they're at their best when they serve as a supplement to some kind of personal interaction. That's why we like LANs so much. I would love to get this thing rolling big enough so we could do it at least twice a month. Like I said, management is really thrilled about the idea both as business owners and as fans of the game, so we really don't have anything to lose 8/
jerryrigginz
Profile Joined February 2012
United States34 Posts
March 21 2012 01:33 GMT
#88
Here is a blog I posted that has all the details about theSCTuesdays event.
SumGai
Profile Joined July 2011
United States13 Posts
March 22 2012 17:47 GMT
#89
On March 21 2012 10:33 jerryrigginz wrote:
Here is a blog I posted that has all the details about theSCTuesdays event.


This looks like a really awesome idea, I'd definitely try to make it out there when I'm free. Also, I hope you don't mind, but I posted it up on the TriangleStarcraft subreddit. Hopefully it'll help get the word out there.

http://www.reddit.com/r/TriangleStarcraft/
jerryrigginz
Profile Joined February 2012
United States34 Posts
March 26 2012 21:12 GMT
#90
Awesome man, Thanks! Hope to see you there. It's shaping up to be a pretty sweet event.
gameboii
Profile Joined April 2011
United States8 Posts
March 26 2012 21:57 GMT
#91
i'll try to make it out tommorow. i don't have a laptop decent enough to run SC2 tho. and my desktop isn't portable in the least, lol.

maybe someone can let me hop on their computer when they're not running games?
Steelo_Rivers
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States1968 Posts
March 26 2012 22:06 GMT
#92
ill try to come thru if I can find a way to get some gas money. haha.
ok
ALkatraz
Profile Joined July 2011
United States3 Posts
March 27 2012 02:10 GMT
#93
Head count of who is coming tomorrow?

+1 for me
TurdlePwr
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1 Post
March 27 2012 04:29 GMT
#94
I'm coming. Low silver now . Might be 30 mins late. I have a 19" laptop (dead battery) I am gonna bring with me.
jerryrigginz
Profile Joined February 2012
United States34 Posts
March 27 2012 18:04 GMT
#95
On March 27 2012 13:29 TurdlePwr wrote:
I'm coming. Low silver now . Might be 30 mins late. I have a 19" laptop (dead battery) I am gonna bring with me.


Sweet! See you there man. Maybe somebody will have a charger for your laptop that you can borrow? I've got an IBM laptop charger if that works. Blinco's is providing power strips and I'm bringing 1 of mine. Hit me on twitter if you've got questions: @jerryrigginz
jerryrigginz
Profile Joined February 2012
United States34 Posts
March 27 2012 18:07 GMT
#96
On March 27 2012 06:57 gameboii wrote:
i'll try to make it out tommorow. i don't have a laptop decent enough to run SC2 tho. and my desktop isn't portable in the least, lol.

maybe someone can let me hop on their computer when they're not running games?


You can definitely use mine after I get tired of winning 8) lol That's a joke. You can use mine after I get tired of wallowing in defeat haha. I have a USB apple keyboard and a USB mouse though, which you can use too, but bring your own keyboard/mouse if you prefer.
jerryrigginz
Profile Joined February 2012
United States34 Posts
March 27 2012 18:13 GMT
#97
On March 27 2012 11:10 ALkatraz wrote:
Head count of who is coming tomorrow?

+1 for me


+4 for me and my 3 buds.

+2 for ppl who saw the blog post and said they were coming

+2-3 for the ppl in this thread that have said that they'll be there/try to be there

+who knows for some of the guys in the TriangleSC chat that might be coming

Blinco's is giving us a party room that seats 16 so we'll have a good space. Remember people that don't play SC2 but just want to watch/hang are welcome too! That includes girlfriends/boyfriends, siblings, roommates, whoever. Only thing is if they're under 21 then they absolutely have to be out by 11pm, management rules. We'll be wrapping up around then anyway though so it shouldn't be a huge deal.
EtherealDeath
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States8366 Posts
March 27 2012 20:45 GMT
#98
Hmm I might go, I live like 7 minutes away.
jerryrigginz
Profile Joined February 2012
United States34 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-30 16:05:47
March 30 2012 16:03 GMT
#99
On March 28 2012 05:45 EtherealDeath wrote:
Hmm I might go, I live like 7 minutes away.


Hey, I recognized your name from the UNC SC2 community 8) Aren't you one of their lead guys? As for coming out this Tuesday, you absolutely should.

For anyone on the fence, here's a blog post on how the event went: http://wp.me/1fTDs
ALkatraz
Profile Joined July 2011
United States3 Posts
March 31 2012 22:42 GMT
#100
PICTURES FROM THE EVENT!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 83
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 1007
Larva 463
ggaemo 337
Stork 276
Leta 185
PianO 127
Killer 32
Hyuk 29
ZergMaN 25
Bale 22
[ Show more ]
yabsab 18
League of Legends
JimRising 394
Reynor72
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King175
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1040
Other Games
summit1g9000
C9.Mang0264
Sick178
ArmadaUGS39
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick561
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream182
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2354
League of Legends
• Stunt1925
• Jankos524
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
1h 46m
Online Event
2h 46m
FEL
7h 46m
AI Arena Tournament
8h 46m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
10h 46m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
INu's Battles
1d 3h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 15h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.