• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:20
CEST 14:20
KST 21:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7119 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 344

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 342 343 344 345 346 383 Next
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
April 20 2014 08:51 GMT
#6861
On April 20 2014 08:42 slytown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2014 08:59 ETisME wrote:
On April 16 2014 07:49 Blisse wrote:
key design? or choosing an actual board o:

haha ETisME, you have a post on page 1 of this thread O: i have a post on page 4 :3

I should have not typed anything in page 1 because it seems I was being silly haha

But hey its good to leave my name in one of the best thread on tl :p

I am planning to grab a new board, along with cable and keycaps to match the sc2 race that I play but now I am more or less a random player X.X


The best thread on tl is the Korean music thread not this one. Good day, sir.


one of*


oh snap almost 1m views, 90k more!
There is no one like you in the universe.
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
April 21 2014 22:51 GMT
#6862
On April 20 2014 17:51 Blisse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2014 08:42 slytown wrote:
On April 16 2014 08:59 ETisME wrote:
On April 16 2014 07:49 Blisse wrote:
key design? or choosing an actual board o:

haha ETisME, you have a post on page 1 of this thread O: i have a post on page 4 :3

I should have not typed anything in page 1 because it seems I was being silly haha

But hey its good to leave my name in one of the best thread on tl :p

I am planning to grab a new board, along with cable and keycaps to match the sc2 race that I play but now I am more or less a random player X.X


The best thread on tl is the Korean music thread not this one. Good day, sir.


one of*


oh snap almost 1m views, 90k more!

Time to F5, though I don't know if that counts. I am holding off bringing my Noppoo into the office for just a bit. I need to establish myself in the new job before airing my eccentricities.
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
April 22 2014 02:01 GMT
#6863
On April 22 2014 07:51 ThomasjServo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2014 17:51 Blisse wrote:
On April 20 2014 08:42 slytown wrote:
On April 16 2014 08:59 ETisME wrote:
On April 16 2014 07:49 Blisse wrote:
key design? or choosing an actual board o:

haha ETisME, you have a post on page 1 of this thread O: i have a post on page 4 :3

I should have not typed anything in page 1 because it seems I was being silly haha

But hey its good to leave my name in one of the best thread on tl :p

I am planning to grab a new board, along with cable and keycaps to match the sc2 race that I play but now I am more or less a random player X.X


The best thread on tl is the Korean music thread not this one. Good day, sir.


one of*


oh snap almost 1m views, 90k more!

Time to F5, though I don't know if that counts. I am holding off bringing my Noppoo into the office for just a bit. I need to establish myself in the new job before airing my eccentricities.


I loved bringing in my Noppoo into office. A lot of people noticed the custom keyboard (and how small it was) and it let to some pleasant conversation. Though sometimes when they wanted to program on my computer they raged at the home and end keys XD
There is no one like you in the universe.
magicsun1126
Profile Joined April 2014
4 Posts
April 22 2014 02:39 GMT
#6864
Hello all, it's my first time writing in this forum, and I have no clue where to write this stuff, but this place seemed to be really relevant. I just have a few questions about a keyboard called dt-35. Although I believe its not a mechanical keyboard, is it still pretty popular in America? I know its #1 in Korea (for its price and functionality). I saw a few threads running back in 2010's and on, but there seemed to be no talk about it recently. Have people all switched to mechanical keyboards or people just can't buy it?
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
April 22 2014 02:50 GMT
#6865
DT35 was popular in Korea, it was never popular in America. Very rare to see a DT35 in America.
magicsun1126
Profile Joined April 2014
4 Posts
April 22 2014 03:07 GMT
#6866
So people here wouldn't be interested in buying them? I know it wouldn't be popular for 'normal' people here, but for people who are interested in Starcraft, I thought they might be interested in using them, if they could buy it somewhere.
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
April 22 2014 04:53 GMT
#6867
Everyone who would want to buy a keyboard already has a keyboard, very likely a mechanical keyboard. A rubber dome, even if it has a little bit of significance to BW fans isn't going to be that interesting. The niche is very, very small, and the demand is not there at all.
There is no one like you in the universe.
Zorgon
Profile Joined March 2011
United States211 Posts
April 22 2014 05:08 GMT
#6868
Not only that, but they are easily picked up from reputable sellers on eBay.
Ropid
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany3557 Posts
April 22 2014 11:54 GMT
#6869
I'd also think the same. The guys that wanted to have a Mini Optical and DT35 combo for fun for BW surely already bought that, and the guys that are SC2 fans are probably not interested at all.
"My goal is to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal."
iPlaY.NettleS
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Australia4456 Posts
April 22 2014 12:05 GMT
#6870
There was nothing extra special about dt-35 just that it was cheap and readily available in Korea.Mechanical is always better than a rubber dome board like dt-35 IMO.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7PvoI6gvQs
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
April 22 2014 22:43 GMT
#6871
On April 22 2014 11:01 Blisse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2014 07:51 ThomasjServo wrote:
On April 20 2014 17:51 Blisse wrote:
On April 20 2014 08:42 slytown wrote:
On April 16 2014 08:59 ETisME wrote:
On April 16 2014 07:49 Blisse wrote:
key design? or choosing an actual board o:

haha ETisME, you have a post on page 1 of this thread O: i have a post on page 4 :3

I should have not typed anything in page 1 because it seems I was being silly haha

But hey its good to leave my name in one of the best thread on tl :p

I am planning to grab a new board, along with cable and keycaps to match the sc2 race that I play but now I am more or less a random player X.X


The best thread on tl is the Korean music thread not this one. Good day, sir.


one of*


oh snap almost 1m views, 90k more!

Time to F5, though I don't know if that counts. I am holding off bringing my Noppoo into the office for just a bit. I need to establish myself in the new job before airing my eccentricities.

I am bringing it in tomorrow, sick of the generic little job they left at my desk. Never use standard office boards, a new, unofficial motto for myself.
I loved bringing in my Noppoo into office. A lot of people noticed the custom keyboard (and how small it was) and it let to some pleasant conversation. Though sometimes when they wanted to program on my computer they raged at the home and end keys XD

wptlzkwjd
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada1240 Posts
April 23 2014 03:56 GMT
#6872
On April 22 2014 12:07 magicsun1126 wrote:
So people here wouldn't be interested in buying them? I know it wouldn't be popular for 'normal' people here, but for people who are interested in Starcraft, I thought they might be interested in using them, if they could buy it somewhere.


Why would people interested in Starcraft buy the DT-35? What's so special about them that you can't get for $15 less in the U.S?
Feel free to add me on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/MagnusAskeland/
iPlaY.NettleS
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Australia4456 Posts
April 23 2014 12:26 GMT
#6873
On April 23 2014 12:56 wptlzkwjd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2014 12:07 magicsun1126 wrote:
So people here wouldn't be interested in buying them? I know it wouldn't be popular for 'normal' people here, but for people who are interested in Starcraft, I thought they might be interested in using them, if they could buy it somewhere.


Why would people interested in Starcraft buy the DT-35? What's so special about them that you can't get for $15 less in the U.S?

all the big pros used to use it, thats the only reason.SCBW pros i mean.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7PvoI6gvQs
billy5000
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States865 Posts
April 23 2014 22:54 GMT
#6874
Any good mechanical keyboards that are similar to membrane? After about a year of using my mechanical keyboard (blue switch), I gotta say I still prefer a brand new membrane keyboard.
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand. Vonnegut
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
April 23 2014 23:10 GMT
#6875
On April 24 2014 07:54 billy5000 wrote:
Any good mechanical keyboards that are similar to membrane? After about a year of using my mechanical keyboard (blue switch), I gotta say I still prefer a brand new membrane keyboard.

Browns are the closest I have tried, I think blues are the intro that most take into mechanical boards but I quickly tired of them and now all about brown switches.

Simple bump, midway down, no extra click or anything else, but not completely linear like reds.
Tossim111
Profile Joined October 2009
United States246 Posts
April 23 2014 23:18 GMT
#6876
I believe Topre would be closest to them, although they are the priciest.
Zx_Storm
Profile Joined November 2010
United States49 Posts
April 23 2014 23:20 GMT
#6877
On April 24 2014 07:54 billy5000 wrote:
Any good mechanical keyboards that are similar to membrane? After about a year of using my mechanical keyboard (blue switch), I gotta say I still prefer a brand new membrane keyboard.


Maybe try a topre keyboard. I think also CoolerMaster is making their NovaTouch which is similar-ish to a Topre.
billy5000
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States865 Posts
April 24 2014 10:29 GMT
#6878
Saw some youtube vids of the topre's, and they do sound very subtle, which was what I was looking for. Damn I hate myself for having such a spoiled taste. Hopefully that novatouch won't be as pricey (probably will be, though).

Anyway, I've used a leopold brown switch before and it sounds very similar to the topre switches. Anyone have any experiences with them? Do they have a fairly significant difference in the subtlety of the noise they make?

Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand. Vonnegut
crippledx
Profile Joined April 2014
Singapore29 Posts
April 24 2014 12:20 GMT
#6879
hi guys, im looking for a new mech keyboard. im from singapore so they might not sell some US brands here. i've seen some steelseries and coolermaster keyboards. Any worth recommending?

and what does double-tap mean, literally double tapping?
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
April 24 2014 13:04 GMT
#6880
On April 24 2014 21:20 crippledx wrote:
hi guys, im looking for a new mech keyboard. im from singapore so they might not sell some US brands here. i've seen some steelseries and coolermaster keyboards. Any worth recommending?

and what does double-tap mean, literally double tapping?

Double tap is just double tapping like you might spam a key, not to be confused with bouncing which involves the key reaching its actuation point more than one time from a single stroke.

I would imagine you could get something pretty unique in Singapore though. The US brands aren't bad, I have a CM board, but in general people seem to tend toward Korean brands which should be a bit easier to find in Asia.
Prev 1 342 343 344 345 346 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs ByuNLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings203
SHIN 151
CranKy Ducklings SOOP53
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 391
ByuN 311
SHIN 151
Railgan 46
MindelVK 24
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 71593
Calm 11519
Rain 2490
Bisu 1455
FanTaSy 867
soO 542
Stork 532
Shuttle 434
Soma 264
Rush 246
[ Show more ]
Snow 205
firebathero 188
Last 144
Light 103
Mind 83
Pusan 73
Sea.KH 65
ToSsGirL 43
hero 40
Bale 40
Sharp 37
Trap 36
Killer 32
Hm[arnc] 31
Mong 30
Free 28
sorry 24
Aegong 20
Shine 20
yabsab 18
zelot 17
Noble 15
HiyA 14
Sacsri 13
IntoTheRainbow 11
Sexy 11
scan(afreeca) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8475
Dendi524
League of Legends
Reynor133
Counter-Strike
fl0m1316
x6flipin714
byalli649
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King69
Other Games
gofns29385
singsing2187
B2W.Neo573
Pyrionflax244
ToD129
Trikslyr25
Chillindude9
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV251
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 79
• Gemini_19 13
• Dystopia_ 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
• Response 0
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV538
League of Legends
• Jankos3096
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1148
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 41m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 41m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 41m
OSC
10h 41m
Replay Cast
10h 41m
OSC
23h 41m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.