• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:56
CEST 12:56
KST 19:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8834 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 116

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 114 115 116 117 118 383 Next
Zaixer
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden82 Posts
April 01 2012 10:04 GMT
#2301
I bought a Qpad MK-50 and can really recommend it.
Backu
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden17 Posts
April 01 2012 10:25 GMT
#2302
On April 01 2012 19:04 Zaixer wrote:
I bought a Qpad MK-50 and can really recommend it.


Did this a few weeks back as well, so I support this! First mechanical keyboard and I'm really satisfied with it :>
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
April 01 2012 10:40 GMT
#2303
Also got the Qpad MK50 (with browns) yesterday, like it so far as well. However, the casing seems to be a bit unstable (at least compared to the 6gv2 I had prior to it); also, while I like the rubber-feel of the keycaps, I'm not sure how durable they are.
Get off my lawn, young punks
Sublimation
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada25 Posts
April 01 2012 22:37 GMT
#2304
I'm looking at buying one and I have a few questions...
1) Are cherry blue switches really that loud? I really like the way they feel but if they are that could really be a problem as my sister's room is right next to mine and I usually end up gaming pretty late some nights. To give an idea I've played my electric guitar ampless some nights and it woke her up
2) Do they offer comfort or like anti- carpal tunnel benefits? I realize they make your fingers less tired and all but this has never really been that much of a problem for me (using a laptop keyboard) except for like 4-5+ hours. However I can see myself ramping up playing time dramatically at any time
3) Does anyone find that the cherry mx black switches tire their fingers out? I like the look of the steelseries 6gv2 but I feel like I'd be more inclined to a cherry red switch board if I were to start putting serious hours in...(any thoughts on corsairs keyboards?)
m1rk3
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada412 Posts
April 01 2012 23:08 GMT
#2305
6g is stiff, on some parts like the space bar, enter key and shift key. If it's your first keyboard i would recommend blues or browns. Reds are fine too, but they might feel a lot more light than what you are used to .
For the Dominion!
robaq
Profile Joined December 2011
Poland186 Posts
April 01 2012 23:51 GMT
#2306
On April 02 2012 07:37 Sublimation wrote:
I'm looking at buying one and I have a few questions...
1) Are cherry blue switches really that loud? I really like the way they feel but if they are that could really be a problem as my sister's room is right next to mine and I usually end up gaming pretty late some nights. To give an idea I've played my electric guitar ampless some nights and it woke her up
2) Do they offer comfort or like anti- carpal tunnel benefits? I realize they make your fingers less tired and all but this has never really been that much of a problem for me (using a laptop keyboard) except for like 4-5+ hours. However I can see myself ramping up playing time dramatically at any time
3) Does anyone find that the cherry mx black switches tire their fingers out? I like the look of the steelseries 6gv2 but I feel like I'd be more inclined to a cherry red switch board if I were to start putting serious hours in...(any thoughts on corsairs keyboards?)

1) Im afraid that blue switches will be loud enough to disturb/wake up a person living next to your room. The problem with blues is that they aren't so loud, but the click is very high pitched so it could be quite irritating.
2) If you have a properly set up playing space, you shouldn't worry about carpal tunnel and yes, all mechanical switches will be more comfortable to type on.
3) I'd never reccomend a black switch board to anyone new to mech keyboards, as they are just too stiff for an average user (so it's not only you).
Omg BW is back | DB: dotabuff.com/players/83694874 | MAL: myanimelist.net/animelist/robaq
Womb
Profile Joined May 2011
68 Posts
April 01 2012 23:55 GMT
#2307
From what I've heard. The corsair boards are fine, but some keys aren't mechanical, making it a non-fully mechanical keyboard. That could be an issue, I know it'd bug me, so I didn't bother with it. Check reviews to confirm!
seenster
Profile Joined December 2010
Germany385 Posts
April 02 2012 06:40 GMT
#2308
does anybody have experiences with cherry mx reds and browns. yesterday i found this piece of gold: wasd-keyboards. i thought id like to have browns in my first mechanical, but wasd is only offering reds. so does anybody have experience with both switchtypes or wasd keyboards? so far all the feedback has been great.
vanatir
Profile Joined May 2008
Germany355 Posts
April 02 2012 07:05 GMT
#2309
wasd offers more then red switches. maybe u wanna check this: wasd link (link to the ISO layout)
i am not sure but i thought they offer browns as well, but i just see red black and blue atm -.-
aka EnjoYmE - streaming on http://www.twitch.tv/myprobe
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
April 02 2012 13:06 GMT
#2310
On April 02 2012 15:40 seenster wrote:
does anybody have experiences with cherry mx reds and browns. yesterday i found this piece of gold: wasd-keyboards. i thought id like to have browns in my first mechanical, but wasd is only offering reds. so does anybody have experience with both switchtypes or wasd keyboards? so far all the feedback has been great.


WASD is great, the case isn't quite as nice as a Filco but gets the job done.

The customisation is awesome, and they lube all the stabilisers before they send them out (so no squeaky keys like on my filco)
Mordanis
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States893 Posts
April 03 2012 01:59 GMT
#2311
Hey, I just bought a das keyboard, and I now reeeally want a wrist rest because my wrist gets sore after just a little bit of time typing on the thing. Does anyone have any suggestions for a wrist rest?
I love the smell of napalm in the morning... it smells like... victory. -_^ Favorite SC2 match ->Liquid`HerO vs. SlayerS CranK g.1 @MLG Summer Championship
LoLAdriankat
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4307 Posts
April 03 2012 02:31 GMT
#2312
I have a Steelseries 6gv2 (Cherry MX Black) and the 'D' key feels a little gummy and has a slow return whenever I press the upper right corner of the keycap, but it's fine when I press the bottom or left side of the keycap. Does it need lubing? Will this fix it?

http://www.amazon.com/DeoxIT®-FaderLube-F100-Spray-NSN-6850-01-477-1562/dp/B0002EHP66/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333419769&sr=8-1
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
April 03 2012 02:55 GMT
#2313
On April 03 2012 11:31 LoLAdriankat wrote:
I have a Steelseries 6gv2 (Cherry MX Black) and the 'D' key feels a little gummy and has a slow return whenever I press the upper right corner of the keycap, but it's fine when I press the bottom or left side of the keycap. Does it need lubing? Will this fix it?

http://www.amazon.com/DeoxIT®-FaderLube-F100-Spray-NSN-6850-01-477-1562/dp/B0002EHP66/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333419769&sr=8-1


not sure how safe that is on plastics, even though it says plastic to metal use. I would still go with the stuff offered on elitekeyboards

http://www.elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,misc&pid=mechlube
LoLAdriankat
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4307 Posts
April 03 2012 03:25 GMT
#2314
Looks like something that was intended for large key stabilizers and not actually squirting it inside a keyswitch.
DocTheMedic
Profile Joined January 2011
United States79 Posts
April 03 2012 03:39 GMT
#2315
Anyone know of a mechanical keyboard that has an indented caps lock key (so I stop accidentally hitting it) that's not too expensive? It seems to be difficult to simply change the caps lock key on the newer keyboards (people don't make that keycap or it doesn't fit).
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-03 03:46:23
April 03 2012 03:45 GMT
#2316
On April 03 2012 12:25 LoLAdriankat wrote:
Looks like something that was intended for large key stabilizers and not actually squirting it inside a keyswitch.

when used in proportions it has fixed sticky keys, which is what your describing. Take a toothpick and just get the tip covered and apply worked for me.


On April 03 2012 12:39 DocTheMedic wrote:
Anyone know of a mechanical keyboard that has an indented caps lock key (so I stop accidentally hitting it) that's not too expensive? It seems to be difficult to simply change the caps lock key on the newer keyboards (people don't make that keycap or it doesn't fit).


you could edit the keyfunction to be disabled so you wouldn't have problems even when slightly touching it, another thing would be is to take the keycap off (What I do along with my windows key)
gcAviator
Profile Joined December 2011
New Zealand68 Posts
April 03 2012 10:40 GMT
#2317
Do people ever use their mechanical keyboards with the key caps off? Like just typing on the uncovered switches?
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
April 03 2012 10:47 GMT
#2318
On April 03 2012 19:40 gcAviator wrote:
Do people ever use their mechanical keyboards with the key caps off? Like just typing on the uncovered switches?


Never.

It would be pretty funny to try though.
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-03 12:58:48
April 03 2012 12:05 GMT
#2319
I just found out there is a mechanical keyboard sold with different switches on different areas of the keyboard.

http://www.99hk.biz/Ducky_9008_PBT_Black_Blue_Brown_Mix_Switch.htm
(click on image for Ducky 9008 PBT Black Blue Brown Mix Switch Mechanical Keyboard)

There is another one with mixed swtiches in the typing area:
http://www.hzkurt.com/20101130ducky-dk9008-heplb混轴机械键盘评测/

Anyone tried these sorts of setup before?
vanhio
Profile Joined November 2010
Niue1017 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-03 12:48:29
April 03 2012 12:47 GMT
#2320
Can someone give me some feedback about Zowie Celeritas keyboard (like it is better than X-keyboard/it is worse than Y-keyboard, durability, with which switches the keyboard is better red/brown etc)

Thank you.
Prev 1 114 115 116 117 118 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko201
SpeCial 74
ProTech17
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16293
firebathero 2294
Bisu 883
Hyuk 596
Horang2 527
Larva 269
BeSt 242
Mini 163
Light 161
EffOrt 148
[ Show more ]
Soma 130
Leta 93
Rush 86
Barracks 78
Pusan 59
ZerO 57
Killer 53
Mong 53
ToSsGirL 50
Yoon 39
Sharp 38
Shinee 33
Aegong 31
Sexy 30
Mind 28
NaDa 25
sorry 21
Bale 20
Hm[arnc] 17
Sacsri 16
zelot 14
Noble 12
JulyZerg 11
Terrorterran 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
XaKoH 373
Fuzer 181
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss1051
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1017
crisheroes929
Other Games
gofns26888
singsing1881
olofmeister1194
B2W.Neo188
Mew2King81
Livibee57
ArmadaUGS44
ZerO(Twitch)16
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream201
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH100
• StrangeGG 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
2h 5m
OSC
11h 5m
CranKy Ducklings
23h 5m
Online Event
1d
FEL
1d 5h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 6h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 8h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 23h
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.