• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:08
CEST 12:08
KST 19:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8217 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 114

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 112 113 114 115 116 383 Next
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
March 29 2012 19:20 GMT
#2261
On March 30 2012 03:53 Odds wrote:
So are there any progamers or high level foreigners that use red switches? It looks like most are either blue or brown for some reason.

It's cause until recently, almost no one was carrying red switch keyboards. There are a fair amount of people who use black switches as well; mostly because SS keyboards all use black switches. Other than that it's mostly cause blue and brown were the most widely available.
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
March 29 2012 22:35 GMT
#2262
On March 30 2012 03:53 Odds wrote:
So are there any progamers or high level foreigners that use red switches? It looks like most are either blue or brown for some reason.


TT1 used to. Not sure if he still is cuz he recently got a Realforce.
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
calvinL
Profile Joined October 2007
Canada416 Posts
March 29 2012 23:12 GMT
#2263
On March 30 2012 03:53 Odds wrote:
So are there any progamers or high level foreigners that use red switches? It looks like most are either blue or brown for some reason.


Feels like every top player in the scene is forced into either 6GV2 or Blackwidow because of mass Razer and Steelseries sponsorship.
divito
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada1213 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-30 01:13:38
March 29 2012 23:31 GMT
#2264
On March 29 2012 05:52 Odds wrote:
Blacks would be too stiff, yeah. I'm basically torn between red and brown at this point. Tried blues in the store and immediately felt what was being talked about re: the double tap, didn't like that at all.

I've seen what people talk about, but I don't understand the problem. I have no issues double-tapping with my blue switches. Only difference is the tactile feel that you notice, but it doesn't impede double-tapping for me; also, don't browns have the same tactile feel?
Skype: divito7
Womb
Profile Joined May 2011
68 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-30 04:19:27
March 30 2012 01:14 GMT
#2265
I have a steelseries 7g with black mxcherry switches. I'm looking for something lighter and easier on my fingers. Would Red's be the way to go? I'm looking at ducky shines, but I'm unsure of which switch to go. Can anyone help me out here?

Also is there a noticeable difference between red and black switches? And by about how much if you can explain please.
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
March 30 2012 01:18 GMT
#2266
On March 30 2012 08:31 divito wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2012 05:52 Odds wrote:
Blacks would be too stiff, yeah. I'm basically torn between red and brown at this point. Tried blues in the store and immediately felt what was being talked about re: the double tap, didn't like that at all.

I've seen what people talk about, but I don't understand the problem. I have no issues double-tapping with my blue switches. Only difference is the tactile feel that you notice, but it doesn't impede double-tapping for me; also, don't browns have the same tactile feel?

I agree, the only difference when double tapping on blues is the tactile feel. I don't know why people claim it's "hard" to double tap on blue switches.
Kvz
Profile Joined March 2010
United States463 Posts
March 30 2012 01:24 GMT
#2267
It was never that it's hard to double tap on blues. It's that there is an issue where the 2nd tap doesn't register
NrG.Kvz
divito
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada1213 Posts
March 30 2012 01:37 GMT
#2268
On March 30 2012 10:24 Kvz wrote:
It was never that it's hard to double tap on blues. It's that there is an issue where the 2nd tap doesn't register

Hmm, can't say I've experienced that yet. Though, because of the click and bump, I guess I'm already trained on the actuation point enough to not have that happen.
Skype: divito7
m1rk3
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada412 Posts
March 30 2012 01:37 GMT
#2269
On March 30 2012 10:18 Sovano wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2012 08:31 divito wrote:
On March 29 2012 05:52 Odds wrote:
Blacks would be too stiff, yeah. I'm basically torn between red and brown at this point. Tried blues in the store and immediately felt what was being talked about re: the double tap, didn't like that at all.

I've seen what people talk about, but I don't understand the problem. I have no issues double-tapping with my blue switches. Only difference is the tactile feel that you notice, but it doesn't impede double-tapping for me; also, don't browns have the same tactile feel?

I agree, the only difference when double tapping on blues is the tactile feel. I don't know why people claim it's "hard" to double tap on blue switches.


it's not that it's hard it's just that the when u press a key with a blue switch there is a reallly really short delay before it comes up, and it makes it FEEL like it's slower. it's easier to double tap with reds and blacks because there is no bump. browns have a smaller bump than blues and the feel of the bump is almost impossible to "feel" without actually trying to feel for it. If you type slow with the browns, you will feel the bump. I like black switches and i tried a steelseries 6g, but a keyboard with black switches is something I would not recommend for typing. It's not that ALL the keys felt stiff (when typing) but the bigger keys felt really stiff (enter, shift, backspace, and spacebar).
For the Dominion!
PeZuY
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
935 Posts
March 30 2012 04:33 GMT
#2270
Ordered my SteelSeries 6Gv2 and I guess its arriving on monday. Yay <:
zeeQue
Profile Joined March 2010
United Kingdom184 Posts
March 30 2012 04:46 GMT
#2271
Snute said on stream once he used a Noppoo choc mini with reds, no idea if he still uses it though
Son of Gnome
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States777 Posts
March 30 2012 06:25 GMT
#2272
On March 30 2012 10:14 Womb wrote:
I have a steelseries 7g with black mxcherry switches. I'm looking for something lighter and easier on my fingers. Would Red's be the way to go? I'm looking at ducky shines, but I'm unsure of which switch to go. Can anyone help me out here?

Also is there a noticeable difference between red and black switches? And by about how much if you can explain please.

Yes there is a difference, the reds are much lighter i dont have the numbers off hand but it is blacks require twice or more the force to activate. I would recommend reds if you like the blacks but they are just to hard to press, if you dont like the blacks at all maybe try blues or browns. I would recommend browns.
Whatever happens, happens
Womb
Profile Joined May 2011
68 Posts
March 30 2012 07:27 GMT
#2273
I like blacks, don't get me wrong. I just want something lighter to press down. Blacks can be a bit troublesome sometimes when I need to do things fast as they're a bit more harder to press down. So reds would be the correct choice, right?
vanatir
Profile Joined May 2008
Germany355 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-30 07:40:16
March 30 2012 07:35 GMT
#2274
On March 30 2012 16:27 Womb wrote:
I like blacks, don't get me wrong. I just want something lighter to press down. So reds would be the correct choice, right?

black Actuation Force: 60g
red Actuation Force: 45g

so u right most common switches
aka EnjoYmE - streaming on http://www.twitch.tv/myprobe
Womb
Profile Joined May 2011
68 Posts
March 30 2012 08:03 GMT
#2275
Are all switches exactly those in actuation force? As in all models of keyboards? Just curious as the site I'm looking at these duckies on have the same actuation force on all the switches. (50g) (60g peak force). The actuation force is what makes the switches different correct? So the information theyr'e displaying is inaccurate, yes?
Zlasher
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States9129 Posts
March 30 2012 08:16 GMT
#2276
Actuation force should be same because they all use the same switches, the only differences are the keykaps which change nothing, and the frame and board, which won't change actuation force either.
Follow me: www.twitter.com/zlasher
Womb
Profile Joined May 2011
68 Posts
March 30 2012 08:21 GMT
#2277
huh? are mx cherry blacks and reds not different switches? I'm confused.
tymt
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden293 Posts
March 30 2012 08:37 GMT
#2278
Yes they are different switches. They are rather similar as they both are linear but the blacks are stiffer than the reds.
Womb
Profile Joined May 2011
68 Posts
March 30 2012 09:15 GMT
#2279
So like I originally though, I can ignore zlasher's comment?
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-30 09:26:48
March 30 2012 09:26 GMT
#2280
On March 30 2012 18:15 Womb wrote:
So like I originally though, I can ignore zlasher's comment?

actuation is 2mm, 5mm to bottom out for cherry mx switches.
Prev 1 112 113 114 115 116 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 53m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 22013
firebathero 2201
Bisu 720
Hyuk 443
Horang2 272
BeSt 210
Sexy 123
EffOrt 121
Larva 120
Leta 112
[ Show more ]
Soma 98
Light 94
Killer 83
Dewaltoss 82
ZerO 52
ToSsGirL 48
Rush 41
Pusan 40
soO 40
Sharp 37
Yoon 36
Barracks 33
Shinee 25
Bale 23
Aegong 21
NaDa 18
Sacsri 18
sorry 17
Hm[arnc] 16
JulyZerg 11
Noble 6
Terrorterran 4
Dota 2
Fuzer 178
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss1254
byalli749
kRYSTAL_49
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor952
crisheroes770
Other Games
gofns32858
singsing1717
olofmeister1068
Mew2King99
ArmadaUGS41
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream160
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2378
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
2h 53m
OSC
11h 53m
CranKy Ducklings
23h 53m
Online Event
1d
FEL
1d 5h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 6h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 8h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 23h
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.