• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:03
CEST 18:03
KST 01:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)47Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7935 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 105

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 103 104 105 106 107 383 Next
zeehar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Korea (South)3804 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-12 23:26:48
March 12 2012 23:26 GMT
#2081
leopolds are solid all around. i have the tenkeyless leopold, the fc200r. build quality is rock solid. keycaps and keycap printing is nice and durable (no fade after 5 months or so)
I AM THE UNIVERSAL CONSTANT
Uhh Negative
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1090 Posts
March 12 2012 23:31 GMT
#2082
On March 13 2012 08:26 zeehar wrote:
leopolds are solid all around. i have the tenkeyless leopold, the fc200r. build quality is rock solid. keycaps and keycap printing is nice and durable (no fade after 5 months or so)

Thanks. Is the FC200R basically the same board as the FC500 besides the FC500 being fullsize of course? I don't think I can give up my tenkeys, haha.
Zzoram
Profile Joined February 2008
Canada7115 Posts
March 12 2012 23:47 GMT
#2083
On March 11 2012 01:37 Freddybear wrote:
If you're used to typing on a rubber-dome keyboard, it's hard at first not to bottom out on mech keys. But I find that the more I type on my mech kb the less force I use on the keys. I still hit bottom but not as hard as I did at first.


Ya learning not to bottom out my MX Blues is pretty hard. I can tell it takes less force to get a key to register but I keep pushing too hard anyways.
Kaitokid
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Germany1327 Posts
March 12 2012 23:54 GMT
#2084
I actually do bottom out my keys on my blackwidow ^^ And got no problems with it
ndreamer
Profile Joined May 2011
Australia43 Posts
March 13 2012 03:56 GMT
#2085
I love the new Leopold 700R series, especially the white boards. I personally own a Ducky Shine with blue keys which is awesome board but i would prefer a tenkey version.
Arghmyliver
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States1079 Posts
March 13 2012 04:17 GMT
#2086
I just purchased a Cherry Brand Keyboard with MX Blues. Solid Construction. Efficient design. Not frilly in any way. I love it. NKRO with the included PS2 Adapter. Do yourself a favor and save 50 bucks. Buy this keyboard.
Now witness their attempts to fly from tree to tree. Notice they do not so much fly as plummet.
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
March 13 2012 05:19 GMT
#2087
On March 13 2012 13:17 Arghmyliver wrote:
I just purchased a Cherry Brand Keyboard with MX Blues. Solid Construction. Efficient design. Not frilly in any way. I love it. NKRO with the included PS2 Adapter. Do yourself a favor and save 50 bucks. Buy this keyboard.


Finally someone else with a Cherry brand keyboard... which model did you get?
dr.shrinker
Profile Joined June 2009
Norway369 Posts
March 13 2012 10:20 GMT
#2088
How does the mediakeys on Steelseries 7G work with broodwar/SC2? I've noticed they are located F1 -> F6. Is it easy and quick to change the usage of these keys ingame? I change songs/volume when i play and i use these keys a LOT while playing to jump between locations, so I just want to know before i spend 175$ on a keyboard.
TwoMagTrav
Profile Joined January 2011
United States195 Posts
March 13 2012 12:39 GMT
#2089
On March 13 2012 08:13 Uhh Negative wrote:
I'm considering purchasing the Leopold FC500RT/AB (browns). Does anyone else have experience with this board? I can't find too many reviews of it.

http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=leopold,fullsize&pid=fc500rtab#

I have 2 of the FCR200 10 keyless models. One brown otaku and One with Reds. They are both great! Highly recommended!
When I feed the poor they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food they call me a socialist
biology]major
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2253 Posts
March 13 2012 21:13 GMT
#2090
Ok, mech keyboard virgin here. Right now I am using a really crappy non mech dell keyboard. I have had enough of it and am willing to spend the 100 to get a solid mech keyboard, simply cannot have long ladder sessions because of finger strain. I do not care about the clicky sounds (although I guess its a bonus) but I want comfort over everything else. After doing some basic research it seems brown switches are ideal for this.

The zowie celeritas seems to be my top choice atm.

Any one have any suggestions or advice?
Basically I want to be able to grind many ladder games efficiently and comfortably
Question.?
tUUTZ
Profile Joined July 2011
Finland122 Posts
March 13 2012 21:25 GMT
#2091
@biology]major, all that I can say is that the spacebar is terribad on Celeritas.
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
March 13 2012 21:26 GMT
#2092
On March 14 2012 06:13 biology]major wrote:
Ok, mech keyboard virgin here. Right now I am using a really crappy non mech dell keyboard. I have had enough of it and am willing to spend the 100 to get a solid mech keyboard, simply cannot have long ladder sessions because of finger strain. I do not care about the clicky sounds (although I guess its a bonus) but I want comfort over everything else. After doing some basic research it seems brown switches are ideal for this.

The zowie celeritas seems to be my top choice atm.

Any one have any suggestions or advice?
Basically I want to be able to grind many ladder games efficiently and comfortably


if your located in the US, Ducky/ leopold/ Rosewills are your best bet. Zowies are meh to me, more along the line of g6v2 quality.

Duckies range from $50/80/100/120/150
Rosewills range from $99/109
Leopolds range from $89/99/109

my top pick of these 3 are leopolds then rosewills then duckys.

If you play alot of RTS then browns/reds are preferred.
if you play MMO/FPS then black/blues preferred.
Joedaddy
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States1948 Posts
March 13 2012 21:41 GMT
#2093
Hi folks, I'm looking at getting a new keyboard, the Steelseries 6Gv2. I was just wanting to see if there were any horror stories among TL with this keyboard.

I made a mistake when I ignored TL's sage advice about purchasing a Razer Mamba, and I don't want to make that mistake again!!
I might be the minority on TL, but TL is the minority everywhere else.
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
March 13 2012 21:44 GMT
#2094
On March 14 2012 06:41 Joedaddy wrote:
Hi folks, I'm looking at getting a new keyboard, the Steelseries 6Gv2. I was just wanting to see if there were any horror stories among TL with this keyboard.

I made a mistake when I ignored TL's sage advice about purchasing a Razer Mamba, and I don't want to make that mistake again!!

same price I would personally get a rk9000bl. Its the same price, better build quality.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823201045&Tpk=rk-9000bl
Son of Gnome
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States777 Posts
March 13 2012 22:55 GMT
#2095
On March 14 2012 06:41 Joedaddy wrote:
Hi folks, I'm looking at getting a new keyboard, the Steelseries 6Gv2. I was just wanting to see if there were any horror stories among TL with this keyboard.

I made a mistake when I ignored TL's sage advice about purchasing a Razer Mamba, and I don't want to make that mistake again!!

I had a 6gv2 and personally I didnt like it at all, the cherry black switches imo took to much effort to type on and it just felt weird. It also had the big ass enter key which I didnt like and the keys began to fade a month after I got it.
Whatever happens, happens
AZOOOPPY
Profile Joined March 2012
United States1 Post
March 13 2012 22:56 GMT
#2096
What are everyone's thoughts on this?
Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8

It seems to be a rebranded Xarmor U9BL, but with Full N-Key Rollover over USB.
Mordanis
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States893 Posts
March 14 2012 00:02 GMT
#2097
While browsing Newegg, I came upon this Rosewill board for $80 Rosewill Mechanical Keyboard RK-9000RE with Cherry MX Red Switch. I am currently split between that and a das pro silent. The main reason I am actually considering the Das is because you can buy them refurbished from the Das site for $111. Would any good citizen of TL be willing to give me some advice (especially on the refurbished bit)? Thanks all.
I love the smell of napalm in the morning... it smells like... victory. -_^ Favorite SC2 match ->Liquid`HerO vs. SlayerS CranK g.1 @MLG Summer Championship
FakePromise
Profile Joined September 2010
United States77 Posts
March 14 2012 00:24 GMT
#2098
Oh shit, 80 bucks for red switches. So tempting. I hear rosewill's keycaps wear out fast though and I'm not sure about the build quality of the keyboard. Can anyone vouch for rosewill?
dbddbddb
Profile Joined April 2010
Singapore969 Posts
March 14 2012 02:48 GMT
#2099
Does anyone know of any Korean companies/websites that sell mech keyboards with KR layout? (korean alphabets on the keys)
Son of Gnome
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States777 Posts
March 14 2012 02:58 GMT
#2100
On March 14 2012 09:24 FakePromise wrote:
Oh shit, 80 bucks for red switches. So tempting. I hear rosewill's keycaps wear out fast though and I'm not sure about the build quality of the keyboard. Can anyone vouch for rosewill?

Great build quality basically a rebranded filco.
Whatever happens, happens
Prev 1 103 104 105 106 107 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 1249
ComeBackTV 567
SteadfastSC463
TaKeTV 430
LamboSC2390
IndyStarCraft 168
Rex139
EnkiAlexander 53
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy25
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 463
LamboSC2 390
mouzHeroMarine 245
IndyStarCraft 168
ProTech150
Rex 139
BRAT_OK 72
UpATreeSC 41
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 35238
Shuttle 1909
Mini 916
EffOrt 880
Light 575
Horang2 498
Rush 328
firebathero 320
Soma 299
Snow 201
[ Show more ]
ZerO 173
BeSt 166
hero 149
sorry 57
Sea.KH 52
Killer 43
Yoon 38
Liquid`Ret 35
Mong 33
ToSsGirL 30
Shinee 30
Sexy 24
Bale 20
soO 19
Trap 17
Shine 15
Free 12
Sacsri 10
Terrorterran 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc8439
qojqva1255
Dendi971
420jenkins152
Counter-Strike
fl0m1193
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2013
crisheroes1265
XaKoH 182
MindelVK9
Other Games
singsing1863
B2W.Neo1213
Liquid`VortiX202
Hui .199
ArmadaUGS132
QueenE108
KnowMe94
Mew2King92
Trikslyr53
ToD33
Dewaltoss30
Beastyqt23
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream89
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile121
• Gemini_19 18
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 16
• FirePhoenix12
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3154
• TFBlade1151
Other Games
• Shiphtur251
• WagamamaTV205
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 57m
Stellar Fest
20h 57m
OSC
1d 5h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 17h
Online Event
1d 18h
FEL
1d 23h
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.