• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:22
CEST 02:22
KST 09:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)53Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8068 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 107

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 105 106 107 108 109 383 Next
dr.shrinker
Profile Joined June 2009
Norway369 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-14 11:46:50
March 14 2012 11:43 GMT
#2121
I am ordering, so international shipping is not a problem. Edit: Haha, forgot the part that I am norwegian and we use ÆØÅ, so I would have to order from scandinavia.

The only keyboard I've tried is 7G, which I really liked and would've ordered if it werent for the fact that the mediakeys is located on the F-keys as I use them a lot for work and gaming. Not so crucial regarding the work part, but I could see this turning out to be a bit annoying ingame.
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
March 14 2012 11:57 GMT
#2122
There are plenty of other keyboards with media keys:

SteelSeries 6Gv2
Tt esports Meka G1
CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid
Razer BlackWidow (standard/Ultimate)
Das Keyboard
Any keyboard from Ducky
And more....

There are a lot of brands and models out there that include media keys. You can do some research but if you really want the 7G then by all means go for it. For me personally I would just get 6Gv2 instead of the 7G, but that's just me. =P
Tralalo
Profile Joined February 2012
18 Posts
March 14 2012 13:21 GMT
#2123
On March 14 2012 20:43 dr.shrinker wrote:
I am ordering, so international shipping is not a problem. Edit: Haha, forgot the part that I am norwegian and we use ÆØÅ, so I would have to order from scandinavia.

The only keyboard I've tried is 7G, which I really liked and would've ordered if it werent for the fact that the mediakeys is located on the F-keys as I use them a lot for work and gaming. Not so crucial regarding the work part, but I could see this turning out to be a bit annoying ingame.


I kinda don't understand what do you mean with the problem around the media keys. You have to press Fn + F-keys to use them.
MaV_gGSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada1345 Posts
March 14 2012 13:52 GMT
#2124
I have the 6gv2 and have tried a blackwidow and I can say that BY FAR, 6gv2 is better. I play around 2-5 hours a day and the 6gv2 feels amazing after long sessions. It might take some getting used to tho because the keys are harder to push
Life's good :D
Boundz(DarKo)
Profile Joined March 2009
5311 Posts
March 14 2012 14:40 GMT
#2125
HELP

I just bought the razer blackwidow keyboard, my first mechanical keyboard ever. I've had it for 3 days (today) when I spill very very little orange juice in the lower right region of the keyboard, near the '0/Ins' and '1/End' keys. All my previous keyboards could take a much bigger toll than that but these few drips of OJ completely fucked my entire keyboard. Now I've read up on mech keyboards and spill and I got it... I read the guides on how to fix it. I am not able to open the keyboard and clean it with iso because that will result in me ruining it even more.

I bought ot from the swedish site komplett.se and the warranty states "Garanti ges av producenten, distributören eller försäljaren och gäller alla fel på produkten som inte är uppkomna av användaren genom oaktsamhet eller med vilja." which in my case means I am screwed because I did this damage by accident.

Is there anything I can do other than throwing this expensive piece of shit away? Should I even bother contacting the site I bought it from?

~~very frustrated and annoyed
uLysSeS1
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany210 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-14 17:33:16
March 14 2012 15:32 GMT
#2126
can anyone tell me how well american (ansi) layout would be usable for person used to german layout? i mean can i just plug it in and use it the same way i'd use a german keyboard just with wrong symbols on the board?

i'm especially interested how i'd get the german-excluve stuff like ö ä ü ß, especially since there's one less button between L and Enter on englishkeyboards, compared to german ones.

the origin of the problem is my desire to own a noppoo choc mini TT
derp.
nam nam
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden4672 Posts
March 14 2012 15:32 GMT
#2127
I think you are pretty much screwed if you don't want to try to fix it yourself. Of course you could always say it broke on it's own but that's up to your own moral standards.
krun
Profile Joined August 2011
23 Posts
March 14 2012 15:36 GMT
#2128
herp derp


[image loading][image loading]


User was warned for this post
Boundz(DarKo)
Profile Joined March 2009
5311 Posts
March 14 2012 17:13 GMT
#2129
On March 15 2012 00:32 nam nam wrote:
I think you are pretty much screwed if you don't want to try to fix it yourself. Of course you could always say it broke on it's own but that's up to your own moral standards.

Hehe yeah well I actually got it running again! But I am sending it back cus I feel like it was way too expensive for that quality. Better buy lots of cheap ones instead.



thx for replies
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
March 14 2012 19:44 GMT
#2130
On March 15 2012 02:13 Boundz(DarKo) wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2012 00:32 nam nam wrote:
I think you are pretty much screwed if you don't want to try to fix it yourself. Of course you could always say it broke on it's own but that's up to your own moral standards.

Hehe yeah well I actually got it running again! But I am sending it back cus I feel like it was way too expensive for that quality. Better buy lots of cheap ones instead.



thx for replies

usually when you spill somehting your supposed to unplug it and dry it right away, then after its dried you can take it apart and clean it with iso/ que tips. Its the best way. SO if its dry I would try this.
yvay
Profile Joined June 2011
5 Posts
March 14 2012 20:13 GMT
#2131
On March 14 2012 06:41 Joedaddy wrote:
Hi folks, I'm looking at getting a new keyboard, the Steelseries 6Gv2. I was just wanting to see if there were any horror stories among TL with this keyboard.

I made a mistake when I ignored TL's sage advice about purchasing a Razer Mamba, and I don't want to make that mistake again!!


1. Make sure that you like the keyboard layout,
2. Lettering fades quickly,
3. Keycaps on my 6gv2 started to wear off after a couple months. They feel terrible. I don't know if that's a common issue, though,
4. Media keys are uncomfortable to use.
Ace1123
Profile Joined September 2011
Philippines1187 Posts
March 14 2012 23:16 GMT
#2132
I have a Question, I have a BWU but I am irritated by it because sometimes it does not respond and i need to restart it every time. So I am interested to replace it with a Filco Majestouch 2 Brown. What do you guys think? Is brown Better than blue? Is the feel the same? Thanks
ForGG, Mvp, MMA, MarineKing, BoxeR,
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
March 14 2012 23:20 GMT
#2133
On March 15 2012 08:16 Ace1123 wrote:
I have a Question, I have a BWU but I am irritated by it because sometimes it does not respond and i need to restart it every time. So I am interested to replace it with a Filco Majestouch 2 Brown. What do you guys think? Is brown Better than blue? Is the feel the same? Thanks

depends. if you play alot of RTS browns are better for the fact they are easeier to double tap. Blues are more for FPS/MOBA imo. Plus just the difference in build quality from these two brands is soo imensely great. BlackWidows are pretty much at the bottom of the mechanical keyboard list. There are some cheaper options if you want to save some money that will be a whole lot better than BWU. Ducky/ Leopold/ Rosewill/ Noppoo Choc Pro roughly all under $120
Ace1123
Profile Joined September 2011
Philippines1187 Posts
March 15 2012 02:02 GMT
#2134
On March 15 2012 08:20 Boblhead wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2012 08:16 Ace1123 wrote:
I have a Question, I have a BWU but I am irritated by it because sometimes it does not respond and i need to restart it every time. So I am interested to replace it with a Filco Majestouch 2 Brown. What do you guys think? Is brown Better than blue? Is the feel the same? Thanks

depends. if you play alot of RTS browns are better for the fact they are easeier to double tap. Blues are more for FPS/MOBA imo. Plus just the difference in build quality from these two brands is soo imensely great. BlackWidows are pretty much at the bottom of the mechanical keyboard list. There are some cheaper options if you want to save some money that will be a whole lot better than BWU. Ducky/ Leopold/ Rosewill/ Noppoo Choc Pro roughly all under $120



Thanks for the reply. :D

I mainly play SC2 and little DotA 2. I am also concerned about the feel of the Browns. Is the tactile part still the same minus the noisy sound of the blues?

Thanks
ForGG, Mvp, MMA, MarineKing, BoxeR,
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
March 15 2012 02:07 GMT
#2135
On March 15 2012 11:02 Ace1123 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2012 08:20 Boblhead wrote:
On March 15 2012 08:16 Ace1123 wrote:
I have a Question, I have a BWU but I am irritated by it because sometimes it does not respond and i need to restart it every time. So I am interested to replace it with a Filco Majestouch 2 Brown. What do you guys think? Is brown Better than blue? Is the feel the same? Thanks

depends. if you play alot of RTS browns are better for the fact they are easeier to double tap. Blues are more for FPS/MOBA imo. Plus just the difference in build quality from these two brands is soo imensely great. BlackWidows are pretty much at the bottom of the mechanical keyboard list. There are some cheaper options if you want to save some money that will be a whole lot better than BWU. Ducky/ Leopold/ Rosewill/ Noppoo Choc Pro roughly all under $120



Thanks for the reply. :D

I mainly play SC2 and little DotA 2. I am also concerned about the feel of the Browns. Is the tactile part still the same minus the noisy sound of the blues?

Thanks


The actuation force is 10g less as well.
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
GuYuTe-
Profile Joined February 2005
United States550 Posts
March 15 2012 04:23 GMT
#2136
Just got a Tt Meka that I ordered off E-bay through NCIX.com, mainly from reading reviews in this thread, and I have to say I love the look and feel of the keyboard, but I was very upset to find out that the 1 through 6 keys, and the -,=, and backspace keys do not work. I'm afraid I was sold a damaged keyboard, or it was damaged during shipping, one. I've tried the keyboard on 3 separate computers and the same keys aren't functioning on all 3 computers. Anyone know if this might be something other than faulty hardware?
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
March 15 2012 04:25 GMT
#2137
On March 15 2012 13:23 GuYuTe- wrote:
Just got a Tt Meka that I ordered off E-bay through NCIX.com, mainly from reading reviews in this thread, and I have to say I love the look and feel of the keyboard, but I was very upset to find out that the 1 through 6 keys, and the -,=, and backspace keys do not work. I'm afraid I was sold a damaged keyboard, or it was damaged during shipping, one. I've tried the keyboard on 3 separate computers and the same keys aren't functioning on all 3 computers. Anyone know if this might be something other than faulty hardware?

probably a bad PCB, if you can still return it do so, and get another or get a refund and spend the money on another keyboard similar price range.
m1rk3
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada412 Posts
March 15 2012 22:23 GMT
#2138
Bump! jk the corsair k60 is 30 dollars off on new egg (red switches)
For the Dominion!
Bango
Profile Joined April 2011
United States106 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-16 00:47:03
March 15 2012 22:46 GMT
#2139
is the black widow from razer good?? not the ultimate black widow, just the regular one

http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.211324200
ello x]
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
March 16 2012 03:37 GMT
#2140
On March 16 2012 07:46 Bango wrote:
is the black widow from razer good?? not the ultimate black widow, just the regular one

http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.211324200


Its decent if you want macro keys. But there are a few keyboards around the same price that are better quality; Rosewill, CM storm, Leopold, Das and others.
Prev 1 105 106 107 108 109 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings36
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 152
NeuroSwarm 61
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11010
Rain 1947
Artosis 564
Bale 17
League of Legends
Doublelift3980
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox596
Mew2King232
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1059
Other Games
summit1g9555
Day[9].tv677
shahzam607
JimRising 502
C9.Mang0228
PiGStarcraft224
ArmadaUGS62
ViBE58
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV208
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream96
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 99
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP20
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv677
• Scarra571
• Shiphtur187
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
12h 38m
OSC
21h 38m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 9h
Online Event
1d 10h
FEL
1d 15h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 16h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 18h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.