• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:02
CEST 18:02
KST 01:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)47Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7922 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 104

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 102 103 104 105 106 383 Next
Tansu
Profile Joined January 2012
Finland63 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-10 17:49:06
March 10 2012 17:43 GMT
#2061
Black and red switches are linear. Could someone explain to me what does that mean? Aren't all keys in all keyboards linear? English isn't my native language so it could be that I don't just understand what the word "linear" means...

And another question: What is the difference between Qpad MK-50 and MK-85 keyboards? MK-85 has the backlighting but is it the only reason why it is 70€ more expensive.
Jophess
Profile Joined August 2010
United States95 Posts
March 10 2012 17:54 GMT
#2062
On March 11 2012 02:43 Tansu wrote:
Black and red switches are linear. Could someone explain to me what does that mean? Aren't all keys in all keyboards linear? English isn't my native language so it could be that I don't just understand what the word "linear" means...

And another question: What is the difference between Qpad MK-50 and MK-85 keyboards? MK-85 has the backlighting but is it the only reason why it is 70€ more expensive.


First question: Linear switches don't have any bump why you press them. The keys go down smoothly until it hits the bottom. With non-linear (tactile) switches, you feel a bump when the key activates.

Seconds question: The mk-50 has no backlighting, programmable keys, or audio/usb ports.
Tansu
Profile Joined January 2012
Finland63 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-10 19:27:42
March 10 2012 19:26 GMT
#2063
Thx Jophess for your answers.

I tried Blackwidow but I didn't like its noise and I had problems with double-tapping. I want a non-linear switch so I guess I should try browns? Is double-tapping easier with brown switches than with blues?
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
March 10 2012 20:20 GMT
#2064
On March 11 2012 04:26 Tansu wrote:
Thx Jophess for your answers.

I tried Blackwidow but I didn't like its noise and I had problems with double-tapping. I want a non-linear switch so I guess I should try browns? Is double-tapping easier with brown switches than with blues?

yes its easier.
Eee
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden2712 Posts
March 10 2012 20:27 GMT
#2065
On March 11 2012 02:43 Tansu wrote:
Black and red switches are linear. Could someone explain to me what does that mean? Aren't all keys in all keyboards linear? English isn't my native language so it could be that I don't just understand what the word "linear" means...

And another question: What is the difference between Qpad MK-50 and MK-85 keyboards? MK-85 has the backlighting but is it the only reason why it is 70€ more expensive.

The Mk-85 has a USB hub, backlight lighting, and NKRO through USB (This means you can press multiple buttons at the same times and it will still register all of them) while the MK-50 only has NKRO through PS/2.
Tansu
Profile Joined January 2012
Finland63 Posts
March 10 2012 23:19 GMT
#2066
On March 11 2012 05:27 Eee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 11 2012 02:43 Tansu wrote:
Black and red switches are linear. Could someone explain to me what does that mean? Aren't all keys in all keyboards linear? English isn't my native language so it could be that I don't just understand what the word "linear" means...

And another question: What is the difference between Qpad MK-50 and MK-85 keyboards? MK-85 has the backlighting but is it the only reason why it is 70€ more expensive.

The Mk-85 has a USB hub, backlight lighting, and NKRO through USB (This means you can press multiple buttons at the same times and it will still register all of them) while the MK-50 only has NKRO through PS/2.


Eh... I don't really know much about computers/keyboards... What is "PS/2"? Or, maybe I should just ask that does it affect to SC2? Am I able to play Starcraft with MK-50 just as well as with MK-85?
Lawler
Profile Joined September 2011
Sweden15 Posts
March 11 2012 00:33 GMT
#2067

Eh... I don't really know much about computers/keyboards... What is "PS/2"? Or, maybe I should just ask that does it affect to SC2? Am I able to play Starcraft with MK-50 just as well as with MK-85?


http://t1t1t1t1.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/ps2connection2.jpg

This is a PS/2 connector and it allows you to be able to press down more keys simultaneously while still getting them all registered. I think USB is limited to 6 or 7. So USB shouldn't be a problem unless you have some sick bindings or macro.
You probably should check if your pc have a PS/2 port before though. (it probably has)


I have a question. I'm looking for a new keyboard and i went to the local store to feel the diffrent switches (cherry). I ruled out the blue one but i liked the black ones but i was wondering if they get little easier to push down after some usage or if the hands will adjust to them? I guess red switches would be the perfect choice for me but i didn't get the chance to touch them.
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
March 11 2012 00:55 GMT
#2068
On March 11 2012 09:33 Lawler wrote:
Show nested quote +

Eh... I don't really know much about computers/keyboards... What is "PS/2"? Or, maybe I should just ask that does it affect to SC2? Am I able to play Starcraft with MK-50 just as well as with MK-85?


http://t1t1t1t1.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/ps2connection2.jpg

This is a PS/2 connector and it allows you to be able to press down more keys simultaneously while still getting them all registered. I think USB is limited to 6 or 7. So USB shouldn't be a problem unless you have some sick bindings or macro.
You probably should check if your pc have a PS/2 port before though. (it probably has)


I have a question. I'm looking for a new keyboard and i went to the local store to feel the diffrent switches (cherry). I ruled out the blue one but i liked the black ones but i was wondering if they get little easier to push down after some usage or if the hands will adjust to them? I guess red switches would be the perfect choice for me but i didn't get the chance to touch them.

there are some keyboards that allow NKRO over usb
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-11 04:54:54
March 11 2012 04:52 GMT
#2069
On March 11 2012 09:55 Boblhead wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 11 2012 09:33 Lawler wrote:

Eh... I don't really know much about computers/keyboards... What is "PS/2"? Or, maybe I should just ask that does it affect to SC2? Am I able to play Starcraft with MK-50 just as well as with MK-85?


http://t1t1t1t1.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/ps2connection2.jpg

This is a PS/2 connector and it allows you to be able to press down more keys simultaneously while still getting them all registered. I think USB is limited to 6 or 7. So USB shouldn't be a problem unless you have some sick bindings or macro.
You probably should check if your pc have a PS/2 port before though. (it probably has)


I have a question. I'm looking for a new keyboard and i went to the local store to feel the diffrent switches (cherry). I ruled out the blue one but i liked the black ones but i was wondering if they get little easier to push down after some usage or if the hands will adjust to them? I guess red switches would be the perfect choice for me but i didn't get the chance to touch them.

there are some keyboards that allow NKRO over usb


I was wrong in assuming that. There is one keyboard, Noppoo Choc Mini that does some weird thing to the input that makes it NKRO or seem like NKRO at least under Windows. All USB are limited to 6KRO otherwise. NKRO is achievable through a USB to PS/2 converter.
There is no one like you in the universe.
Pusekatten
Profile Joined March 2011
Norway234 Posts
March 11 2012 05:15 GMT
#2070
On March 11 2012 13:52 Blisse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 11 2012 09:55 Boblhead wrote:
On March 11 2012 09:33 Lawler wrote:

Eh... I don't really know much about computers/keyboards... What is "PS/2"? Or, maybe I should just ask that does it affect to SC2? Am I able to play Starcraft with MK-50 just as well as with MK-85?


http://t1t1t1t1.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/ps2connection2.jpg

This is a PS/2 connector and it allows you to be able to press down more keys simultaneously while still getting them all registered. I think USB is limited to 6 or 7. So USB shouldn't be a problem unless you have some sick bindings or macro.
You probably should check if your pc have a PS/2 port before though. (it probably has)


I have a question. I'm looking for a new keyboard and i went to the local store to feel the diffrent switches (cherry). I ruled out the blue one but i liked the black ones but i was wondering if they get little easier to push down after some usage or if the hands will adjust to them? I guess red switches would be the perfect choice for me but i didn't get the chance to touch them.

there are some keyboards that allow NKRO over usb


I was wrong in assuming that. There is one keyboard, Noppoo Choc Mini that does some weird thing to the input that makes it NKRO or seem like NKRO at least under Windows. All USB are limited to 6KRO otherwise. NKRO is achievable through a USB to PS/2 converter.

There are keyboards such as the Corsair k60 that uses usb 3.0 and can have NKRO, but I think Corsair limited it to 20KRO because no one would facepalm there keyboard and press down more then 20 at a time anyway.
Mordanis
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States893 Posts
March 11 2012 05:33 GMT
#2071
I just read the description of the "ZOWIE GEAR CELERITAS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard w. RTR Technology":

the ZOWIE CELERITAS was developed in cooperation with professional gamers Abdisamad 'SpawN' Mohamed, Young Ho 'Flash' Lee and Ho Jun 'Ho-Jun' Moon.

I don't even know what it means that it was "developed in cooperation with Flash", but I do know what I'm doing with my next paycheck :D
I love the smell of napalm in the morning... it smells like... victory. -_^ Favorite SC2 match ->Liquid`HerO vs. SlayerS CranK g.1 @MLG Summer Championship
zeroISM
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Japan161 Posts
March 11 2012 11:48 GMT
#2072
Just a heads up for anyone who is undecided between BROWN and BLUE switches, I've had both of them.
I used to use the brown switches, but I changed to blue and I really like the keystroke feedback you get from the *click* you hear.
I was afraid it could be annoying, but it is not and you only notice when YOU are typing on other keyboards.
I really like the click sound now
♘
Tansu
Profile Joined January 2012
Finland63 Posts
March 11 2012 15:07 GMT
#2073
I have decided to buy a mechanical keyboard with brown switches. I found only 3 options with Nordic layout: Filco, Zowie Celeritas and MK-50. Filco is waaay too expensive (about 160€). So which you think is better? Zowie Celeritas or MK-50 with brown switches?
m1rk3
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada412 Posts
March 11 2012 16:20 GMT
#2074
Found these "mechanicals" on bestbuy website. Wondering if anyone knows what type of switches these might use because if it is a switch i am looking for i would buy this:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Cherry Healthcare - G81-1800 Series Compact Keyboard/4191255.p?id=1218463230919&skuId=4191255
For the Dominion!
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
March 11 2012 17:14 GMT
#2075
I noticed that the SteelSeries 6Gv2 does not have leg stands at the back. Judging by the looks from the side, is the keyboard itself designed to be in an inclined state or flat state?
Hashbaz
Profile Joined July 2010
United States340 Posts
March 11 2012 20:34 GMT
#2076
On March 12 2012 01:20 m1rk3 wrote:
Found these "mechanicals" on bestbuy website. Wondering if anyone knows what type of switches these might use because if it is a switch i am looking for i would buy this:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Cherry Healthcare - G81-1800 Series Compact Keyboard/4191255.p?id=1218463230919&skuId=4191255

Not totally sure, but googling indicates that it has MY switches. They are compatible with regular MX keycaps but are pretty lousy to type on. Mushy and linear if memory serves.
ESPORTS prevails
ggahSoO
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States191 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-12 00:33:35
March 12 2012 00:31 GMT
#2077
On March 11 2012 20:48 zeroISM wrote:
Just a heads up for anyone who is undecided between BROWN and BLUE switches, I've had both of them.
I used to use the brown switches, but I changed to blue and I really like the keystroke feedback you get from the *click* you hear.
I was afraid it could be annoying, but it is not and you only notice when YOU are typing on other keyboards.
I really like the click sound now


I've played around a bit with both but I keep hearing of people who have double-tap problems with blues. How noticeable do you find the problems are?
firebathero x bisu
Glueburn
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States496 Posts
March 12 2012 18:51 GMT
#2078
On March 12 2012 02:14 exousia_7 wrote:
I noticed that the SteelSeries 6Gv2 does not have leg stands at the back. Judging by the looks from the side, is the keyboard itself designed to be in an inclined state or flat state?


It's rather raised up, so an incline.
One of the few things I don't like about it, besides the layout.
Sometimes you have to play a long time to be able to play like yourself. - Miles Davis
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-12 22:12:56
March 12 2012 22:12 GMT
#2079
On March 13 2012 03:51 CampinSam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2012 02:14 exousia_7 wrote:
I noticed that the SteelSeries 6Gv2 does not have leg stands at the back. Judging by the looks from the side, is the keyboard itself designed to be in an inclined state or flat state?


It's rather raised up, so an incline.
One of the few things I don't like about it, besides the layout.


If you're willing to part with it for a fair price...pm me yo. :}
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
Uhh Negative
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1090 Posts
March 12 2012 23:13 GMT
#2080
I'm considering purchasing the Leopold FC500RT/AB (browns). Does anyone else have experience with this board? I can't find too many reviews of it.

http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=leopold,fullsize&pid=fc500rtab#
Prev 1 102 103 104 105 106 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 1249
ComeBackTV 567
SteadfastSC463
TaKeTV 430
LamboSC2390
IndyStarCraft 168
Rex139
EnkiAlexander 53
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy25
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 455
LamboSC2 395
mouzHeroMarine 221
IndyStarCraft 162
ProTech156
Rex 131
BRAT_OK 72
UpATreeSC 41
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 35238
Shuttle 1909
Mini 916
EffOrt 880
Light 575
Horang2 498
Rush 328
firebathero 320
Soma 299
Snow 201
[ Show more ]
ZerO 173
BeSt 166
hero 149
sorry 57
Killer 43
Liquid`Ret 35
Mong 33
Shinee 30
ToSsGirL 30
Sexy 24
Bale 20
soO 19
Trap 17
Shine 15
Free 12
Sacsri 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Terrorterran 9
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc8349
qojqva1255
Dendi971
420jenkins139
Counter-Strike
fl0m1193
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2013
crisheroes1265
XaKoH 182
MindelVK9
Other Games
singsing1863
B2W.Neo1073
Liquid`VortiX202
Hui .199
ArmadaUGS132
QueenE108
KnowMe94
Mew2King92
Trikslyr53
ToD33
Beastyqt23
Dewaltoss21
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream84
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile121
• Gemini_19 18
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 17
• FirePhoenix10
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3154
• TFBlade1151
Other Games
• Shiphtur206
• WagamamaTV205
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 58m
Stellar Fest
20h 58m
OSC
1d 5h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 17h
Online Event
1d 18h
FEL
1d 23h
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.