• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:19
CEST 14:19
KST 21:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)41Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8979 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 102

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 100 101 102 103 104 383 Next
semantics
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
10040 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-06 05:39:34
March 06 2012 05:38 GMT
#2021
On March 05 2012 21:56 ZenithM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2012 06:57 Eee wrote:
how important is NKRO when playing sc2?


It's not important at all I would say. Aside from modifiers like Ctrl and Shift, you never have to hold down several keys at once, it's more of a rapid succession of single strokes, so NKRO does not help.
NKRO is rather important for FPS though.

Edit: and MMORPG maybe.

^^^ sc there is no importance for nkro at past like 3keys. In fps and mmo's it's a bit more in use but again more then about 5 or 6 is pointless because no game is gonna make you do that they know you only get 5 digits to a hand, you would rarely need to be pressing more then 3 keys at once in sc even by mistake.
Josh_rakoons
Profile Joined December 2011
United Kingdom1158 Posts
March 06 2012 06:07 GMT
#2022
NKRO is pretty much typist exclusive, as far as i know it gives very little to no benefits in gaming.
dala
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden477 Posts
March 06 2012 13:59 GMT
#2023
Pulled the trigger for a limited edition Qpad MK-50 with MX Brown switches. Now the pain in having to wait...
Typhon
Profile Joined July 2009
United States387 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-06 18:47:07
March 06 2012 18:45 GMT
#2024
Hi guys,

I just got my Blackwidow keyboard, I'm satisfied as it's great for typing (I'm a programmer) but it doesn't seem particularly good for gaming. In particular, the release point of the Cherry MX Blue is above the activation point, so it takes more movement in order to double-tap a key, and you have to "re-click" it. (compare with the Steelseries, which uses Cherry Blacks, which don't have this issue) Is there any particular advantage the Blues have for gaming that I missed?
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
March 06 2012 18:57 GMT
#2025
On March 07 2012 03:45 Typhon wrote:
Hi guys,

I just got my Blackwidow keyboard, I'm satisfied as it's great for typing (I'm a programmer) but it doesn't seem particularly good for gaming. In particular, the release point of the Cherry MX Blue is above the activation point, so it takes more movement in order to double-tap a key, and you have to "re-click" it. (compare with the Steelseries, which uses Cherry Blacks, which don't have this issue) Is there any particular advantage the Blues have for gaming that I missed?

FPS or Moba would suit the blue keyswitch seeing as they are harder to double tap. Browns/reds/blacks are by far better for gaming. I would return it and get a ducky 1087 for roughly the same price.

Best place to get duckys in US by far
http://tigerimports.net/sunshop/index.php?l=product_list&c=75
Josh_rakoons
Profile Joined December 2011
United Kingdom1158 Posts
March 06 2012 18:59 GMT
#2026
Reds are the best for gaming i think...
Typhon
Profile Joined July 2009
United States387 Posts
March 06 2012 19:03 GMT
#2027
Well, I'll probably keep the BW since I do type a lot, I was just curious why a "gaming" keyboard would use Blues. I guess it makes sense that there are gaming genres where doubletaps aren't important.
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
March 06 2012 19:22 GMT
#2028
On March 07 2012 03:45 Typhon wrote:
Hi guys,

I just got my Blackwidow keyboard, I'm satisfied as it's great for typing (I'm a programmer) but it doesn't seem particularly good for gaming. In particular, the release point of the Cherry MX Blue is above the activation point, so it takes more movement in order to double-tap a key, and you have to "re-click" it. (compare with the Steelseries, which uses Cherry Blacks, which don't have this issue) Is there any particular advantage the Blues have for gaming that I missed?


Noise = APM is probably my favorite advantage
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
March 07 2012 01:45 GMT
#2029
On March 07 2012 04:03 Typhon wrote:
Well, I'll probably keep the BW since I do type a lot, I was just curious why a "gaming" keyboard would use Blues. I guess it makes sense that there are gaming genres where doubletaps aren't important.


There are games that dont require double tapping as much like SCII. there are a lot of pro SCII gamers that use blue switches to play. Its a matter of what feel you like best when gaming. the tactile feature of the blue switch lets u know the buttons are pressed so u can control better in game
DjRetro
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Chile309 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-07 02:15:50
March 07 2012 02:15 GMT
#2030
Reds are fantastic for gaming imo. I have a cm storm rapid quickfire w\ reds and i love it. I recommend this keyboard for any sc2 player.
SpaceSynth-ItaloDisco-HiNRG http://www.radiostaddenhaag.com/
StreTch0r
Profile Joined April 2011
United States17 Posts
March 07 2012 22:34 GMT
#2031
On March 06 2012 14:09 LatsyrC wrote:
hi, have anyone of you try out the Cosair Vengeance K60 ?
can someone tell me if this is good? im thinking on getting it, since its look nice to me
but i dont know about how is it when gaming and stuff


I personally love the K60 and the MX reds. The keys are so smooth and light you can double press lightning fast, but the only caveat is its not 100% mechanical which sucks. I don't notice it that much because I don't use the location hotkeys (F1-F12 are all membrane) but the esc key is especially bothersome. So many failed lifts.
Identity Crisis ><
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
March 08 2012 02:18 GMT
#2032
If anyone is looking to sell a 104 board with MX blacks I'd be interested. PM me. Possibly interested in an 84 (tenkeyless) or KBC poker but prefer 104.
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
March 08 2012 03:23 GMT
#2033
On March 08 2012 11:18 slytown wrote:
If anyone is looking to sell a 104 board with MX blacks I'd be interested. PM me. Possibly interested in an 84 (tenkeyless) or KBC poker but prefer 104.

rosewill rk-9000bl is 79.99 right now, which is pretty cheap
casualgamer
Profile Joined March 2012
Estonia1 Post
Last Edited: 2012-03-09 06:59:06
March 09 2012 06:34 GMT
#2034
--nuked--

User was banned for this post.
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-09 06:53:44
March 09 2012 06:52 GMT
#2035
Hm, advertising your own KB ftw. Anyways joking aside, I was set on waiting for the CM Storm Quick Fire to come out with the Cherry MX Browns. Although after looking at the Ducky 1087s that Boblhead posted, I'm now at a crossroads. I am definite on my choice of Cherry MX Brown switches. In terms of pricing they're going to be pretty similar, and both are TKL. What my question is, which has the better build quality?
Zzoram
Profile Joined February 2008
Canada7115 Posts
March 09 2012 07:07 GMT
#2036
Picked up a Cooler Master Quickfire with MX Blues. I would've prefered Red but it seems that the Blue version is the only one currently stocked anywhere in Canada.

The sad part is that I bought it with the intention of buying the TL keycap for it, but the TL keycap sold out just after I came home with my new keyboard
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
March 09 2012 08:29 GMT
#2037
On March 09 2012 15:52 Sovano wrote:
Hm, advertising your own KB ftw. Anyways joking aside, I was set on waiting for the CM Storm Quick Fire to come out with the Cherry MX Browns. Although after looking at the Ducky 1087s that Boblhead posted, I'm now at a crossroads. I am definite on my choice of Cherry MX Brown switches. In terms of pricing they're going to be pretty similar, and both are TKL. What my question is, which has the better build quality?

ducky's ahve been around for awhile, CM storms are new to the market. Overall haven't had the time to get my hands on a CM storm I would say the Ducky is same or higher build quality. The only thing that is appealing is that CM storms are made in the same factory as filcos, but they don't have the filco controller like RK series. overall ducky is a solid choice.
DJFaqU
Profile Joined May 2011
466 Posts
March 09 2012 10:13 GMT
#2038
On March 06 2012 15:07 Josh_rakoons wrote:
NKRO is pretty much typist exclusive, as far as i know it gives very little to no benefits in gaming.


Except in games where you hit a lot of keys at the same time.
TwoMagTrav
Profile Joined January 2011
United States195 Posts
March 09 2012 13:46 GMT
#2039
http://deals.woot.com/deals/details/047f78c1-cbe4-4cc5-921b-ff92220a1420/sgk-4000-gkcl1-us-cooler-master-cm-storm-quickfire-rapid-mechanical-gaming-keyboa#0

Cooler master CM Storm for $64 with free shipping just saw this one woot.com thought I'd let you guys know incase you hadn't seen it
When I feed the poor they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food they call me a socialist
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
March 09 2012 13:52 GMT
#2040
On March 09 2012 17:29 Boblhead wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2012 15:52 Sovano wrote:
Hm, advertising your own KB ftw. Anyways joking aside, I was set on waiting for the CM Storm Quick Fire to come out with the Cherry MX Browns. Although after looking at the Ducky 1087s that Boblhead posted, I'm now at a crossroads. I am definite on my choice of Cherry MX Brown switches. In terms of pricing they're going to be pretty similar, and both are TKL. What my question is, which has the better build quality?

ducky's ahve been around for awhile, CM storms are new to the market. Overall haven't had the time to get my hands on a CM storm I would say the Ducky is same or higher build quality. The only thing that is appealing is that CM storms are made in the same factory as filcos, but they don't have the filco controller like RK series. overall ducky is a solid choice.


I use the CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid, and I have seen and used the Ducky 1087 before....and believe me, the CM Storm is better quality
Prev 1 100 101 102 103 104 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech150
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37069
Shuttle 2566
Bisu 1011
Horang2 948
Jaedong 936
Light 412
BeSt 365
firebathero 333
Mini 287
actioN 280
[ Show more ]
Stork 273
Hyuk 264
Soma 229
EffOrt 207
Zeus 191
ggaemo 175
Soulkey 160
Last 142
Leta 121
ZerO 119
Snow 110
Rush 78
Pusan 76
Killer 66
Sea.KH 49
Mong 43
hero 40
Mind 38
Sharp 35
Aegong 31
Shinee 30
Shine 29
Bale 24
ToSsGirL 22
Sexy 21
soO 20
PianO 18
Trap 18
Terrorterran 17
zelot 13
Free 13
sorry 12
HiyA 10
JulyZerg 9
Noble 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 4
Icarus 4
Dota 2
Gorgc3656
qojqva1453
Dendi918
League of Legends
Reynor91
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1379
x6flipin274
markeloff103
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1929
crisheroes872
Other Games
gofns29283
singsing2108
B2W.Neo722
XBOCT355
DeMusliM208
Livibee174
XaKoH 160
Liquid`LucifroN126
Mlord101
ArmadaUGS97
Mew2King91
QueenE88
Chillindude10
Railgan9
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream232
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 62
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2237
• TFBlade550
Other Games
• WagamamaTV179
Upcoming Events
OSC
41m
Stellar Fest
41m
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
OSC
11h 41m
Stellar Fest
1d
CranKy Ducklings
1d 21h
Online Event
1d 22h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.