• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:49
CEST 01:49
KST 08:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War375.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7450 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 316

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 314 315 316 317 318 653 Next
Steglich
Profile Joined September 2011
Denmark282 Posts
April 23 2013 15:18 GMT
#6301
I really want to be able to play on the KR server with less delay, right now it is basically impossible to play because of about 1-2 seconds of delay from EU to KR.

Is there any way to reduce this lag?
I am of course not downloading on anything while playing, and the latency from EU to NA seems fine.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-23 15:37:39
April 23 2013 15:37 GMT
#6302
Is there any way to reduce this lag?


Not really. Complicated methods for a bit better play, maybe, but simple or big fix, no
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Steglich
Profile Joined September 2011
Denmark282 Posts
April 23 2013 19:11 GMT
#6303
On April 24 2013 00:37 Cyro wrote:
Show nested quote +
Is there any way to reduce this lag?


Not really. Complicated methods for a bit better play, maybe, but simple or big fix, no


Damn I felt really motivated to hit masters on KR. Guess EU server will have to suffice! Ty for the answer.
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-23 23:38:38
April 23 2013 23:38 GMT
#6304
When I connect a 1080p TV to my 6950's HDMI port as a fourth monitor, it automatically disables one of my other monitors.

Is this a case where I need something like an active HDMI adapter to use all four at once?
twitch.tv/cratonz
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
April 24 2013 02:01 GMT
#6305
On April 24 2013 08:38 Craton wrote:
When I connect a 1080p TV to my 6950's HDMI port as a fourth monitor, it automatically disables one of my other monitors.

Is this a case where I need something like an active HDMI adapter to use all four at once?

There should be a limit of only two non-DisplayPort (and thus packetized) output streams IIRC. So you need to plug something into a DisplayPort on the card and use an active adapter.

Or, given the price of active adapters, just throw in a cheapo GPU like a HD 6450. Or use integrated video outs, if you have those.
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-24 04:41:55
April 24 2013 04:40 GMT
#6306
Oh, I guess I never actually sent my reply.

Basically, I'm using this 6950 until my RMA goes through (artifacting). That card has 2 DVI and 4 DisplayPorts. I have in my possession two monitors capable of directly using DisplayPort, 1 DP cable, 1 active DVI to DPort adapter, 1 HDMI to DVI adapter, and 1 HDMI to DPort adapter (probably passive).

If I'm using two DVI ports, does that mean everything else must connect either DPort to DPort or be an active adapter (i.e. am I going to have the same issue if I do DVIx2, DPort, HDMI to DPort?). Alternatively "what else do I need to buy?"

I'm not fully understanding this.
twitch.tv/cratonz
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
April 24 2013 04:45 GMT
#6307
To answer the question at the end, yes, that would be a problem.

The point is that the card can't handle more than 2 non-DisplayPort outputs. It needs to be sending DisplayPort signals (so a passive adapter for say HDMI on the monitor side and DP on the graphics card side—where it's sending more or less HDMI data over the physical DP connector—is no good) for every other display.
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-24 05:04:01
April 24 2013 05:02 GMT
#6308
That's unfortunate.

Using the mobo's HDMI port does alleviate this issue for the time being at least.

What's so special about DPort that all the other modes are limited to two?
twitch.tv/cratonz
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
April 24 2013 05:16 GMT
#6309
I mentioned it in the first response, though that was very unclear.

DisplayPort is packetized, meaning data is packaged and sent in packets (like on Wi-Fi, Ethernet, USB, many digital communications systems particularly newer ones but less so for point-to-point links) rather than as a continuous stream where there's nonstop signaling. The non-DP outputs need their own individual clock generators to keep things going. AMD only put two of them for that purpose in all their modern GPUs, so that's the limit, apparently. AMD's historically been a supporter of DisplayPort.
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
April 24 2013 06:34 GMT
#6310
Is there any way to run older versions of WMP on Windows 7? I just get an error saying that the program's blocked due to compatibility issues. I've tried running the run programs made for older versions of windows and stuff, but nothing seems to fix it.
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
mav451
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1596 Posts
April 24 2013 06:40 GMT
#6311
On April 24 2013 15:34 GolemMadness wrote:
Is there any way to run older versions of WMP on Windows 7? I just get an error saying that the program's blocked due to compatibility issues. I've tried running the run programs made for older versions of windows and stuff, but nothing seems to fix it.


I'm curious - Is there a specific reason you need to use an older version of WMP over other media players?
With no power comes no responsibility?
CuraOh
Profile Joined November 2010
Chile81 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-24 06:55:56
April 24 2013 06:55 GMT
#6312
how much power i need for a A8 3670k and a gtx 650 ti would be ok a antec earthwaths 380? maybe i overlock i litle the processor but only to 3.5 no more than that

regards
PD: the components where a gift and would be a pc for my girldfriend for play alot games in general but nothing too demanding
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
April 24 2013 06:56 GMT
#6313
On April 24 2013 15:40 mav451 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 24 2013 15:34 GolemMadness wrote:
Is there any way to run older versions of WMP on Windows 7? I just get an error saying that the program's blocked due to compatibility issues. I've tried running the run programs made for older versions of windows and stuff, but nothing seems to fix it.


I'm curious - Is there a specific reason you need to use an older version of WMP over other media players?


I don't need to, I just prefer it. Much cleaner and easier to use.
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
TRaFFiC
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada1448 Posts
April 24 2013 13:53 GMT
#6314
My stream is showing up as "offline" in my dashboard on twitch, even though I'm online and my stream is listed in the HOTS section. Why would this be?

2v2, 1v1, Zerg, Terran http://www.twitch.tv/trafficsc2
Rannasha
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Netherlands2398 Posts
April 24 2013 14:21 GMT
#6315
On April 24 2013 15:34 GolemMadness wrote:
Is there any way to run older versions of WMP on Windows 7? I just get an error saying that the program's blocked due to compatibility issues. I've tried running the run programs made for older versions of windows and stuff, but nothing seems to fix it.


Not a direct answer to your question, but if you want a player with a basic interface, try Media Player Classic or VLC.

On April 24 2013 15:55 CuraOh wrote:
how much power i need for a A8 3670k and a gtx 650 ti would be ok a antec earthwaths 380? maybe i overlock i litle the processor but only to 3.5 no more than that

regards
PD: the components where a gift and would be a pc for my girldfriend for play alot games in general but nothing too demanding


380W is plenty for that setup, even with some overclocking.
Such flammable little insects!
Sverigevader
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden388 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-25 06:05:59
April 24 2013 20:47 GMT
#6316
I have just now removed my H100i because the internal screw threads for one of the fan screw holes were broken/gone. Upon removing, I noticed something strange and I would like some information on this.

This is a picture of the heat spreader on the cooler.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


This is a picture I made in paint to show you how the heat spreader on the CPU looked like when I removed the H100i
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


As you can see. The heat spreaders have only made "contact" on the one side, leaving the other side untouched.

My question: Who is to blame? I'm most likely going to get a new H100i so I would like to know if this could be my fault somehow. Is it possible that the h100i or even the CPUs heat spreader is uneven? Does it matter if they only make contact on half of the CPU heat spreader?

Some info:+ Show Spoiler +

I had no problems attaching the h100i pump unit to the CPU, I used a Philips head for the 4 thumbscrews to make sure they were equally tight and tighter than what my fingers could produce.

I can't show you any temp values for obvious reasons but I remember some of them.

I have a 3570k and with the H100i I got around 25-35 C when idle and like ~40 on load, not OCed.

I ran a 4.5ghz OC 1.25 volts just to test my chip and remember the temps going up to 82 C with prime95 running. That was way too high for me so I lowered it to 4.4 GHz and around 1.235 volts which put it at 50-60C max.

I did have some pretty uneven core temperatures. 0,1 and 3 were very similar, only different by <5 C, but core 2 was always 10C higher, and I just assumed this was because of Intel being cheap...
"I can answer this, you're just a god damn sexy mofo." http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=147829&currentpage=7#139
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-24 23:01:24
April 24 2013 22:56 GMT
#6317
I'm not really seeing an issue here. There's nothing that says paste has to come off evenly when you remove a heatsink. If it stuck to the CPU on one side and the heatsink on another, so what? Do you mean that side of the CPU was totally pristine? That seems unlikely, since once you tighten the screws the pressure should automatically spread out the paste. Your temperatures looked fine.

As I recall, you're only supposed to tighten that heatsink finger-tight, not screwdriver tight. Overtightening hurts, not helps (it causes it to flex, which impedes heat transfer).

82C under Prime95 is pretty low, frankly. Your max temp is 105C and you're basically never going to be running that high outside of a stress test. Mine is 89C under stress test, yet only 61C under HD streaming / gaming at 1440p.

Cores varying in temp is normal.
twitch.tv/cratonz
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-24 23:03:28
April 24 2013 23:01 GMT
#6318
Well, it's not good contact and 4.5 1.25v running 82c under prime95 is really high for a h100i

You should be able to go to at least 1.3-1.35v, i mean delidded you can push 1.55v on that kind of cooler with great airflow AFAIK

82c in prime is not really low, it's hot for the frequency and voltage and you'll see instability with ivy as low as ~94c in my experience and it's not good to run that hot, temperatures under highish cpu loads (encoding) are not that much lower than stress testing (a lot lower, but no 25-30c)
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-24 23:03:38
April 24 2013 23:02 GMT
#6319
It doesn't seem all that high, imo. If he had bad contact and/or flexing of the block then an extra 5C or so doesn't seem unreasonable. In any event, you're always welcome to apply your own paste instead of using the pre-stamped bit.
twitch.tv/cratonz
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-24 23:15:01
April 24 2013 23:05 GMT
#6320
http://cdn.overclock.net/4/4c/4c443793_vRbjT.png

His temps are far too high for a h100i at such a miniscule frequency and voltage even without delid.

Infact, they are worse than the hr-02 macho temps @1.285v that i posted recently (even though that particular chip did 5ghz) by like 5-10c.

h100i does have those kind of margins on the macho, maybe even a bit more - but in the other direction.

The data is flat out wrong though, you can't lose 22c off your max by dropping 100mhz and from 1.25v to 1.235. You're talking like, 3-4c at max from that kind of tiny change.

Ivy doesn't get hot with frequency, actually it does not really care what frequency you are running. 1.5v will pull like twice as much power as 1.25v (and thus give completely non-comparable temperatures), but running 5ghz instead of 4ghz on the same voltage will not increase power draw by very much at all.

It doesn't seem all that high, imo


82c on a 3570k (no ht pushing temps up 7-10c) at 4.5 1.25? If it was a 212 evo i'd probably say he could get a few degrees from a remount, or to check case airflow. The numbers seem wrong though.

I mean, 82c as an absolute max temp, i agree it's not high at all, i would even go 5 degrees up perhaps if i knew i had temperature control of ambients in some way because i don't hold the CPU at full load basically ever (even on most intense stream settings, you have to leave massive buffer for spikes in load, so the most intense settings you can consistently pull off will have your cpu averaging 60, 70% load under x264 at best)

but it's not at all appropriate for 4.5 1.25 on a h100i
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Prev 1 314 315 316 317 318 653 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings65
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 176
ProTech132
ViBE121
SpeCial 57
StarCraft: Brood War
910 72
NaDa 21
Dota 2
monkeys_forever427
canceldota136
League of Legends
Doublelift4393
Other Games
summit1g5927
JimRising 403
C9.Mang0366
ToD111
JuggernautJason34
PPMD33
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick671
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 103
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP45
• poizon28 41
• RyuSc2 21
• musti20045 18
• Adnapsc2 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra969
Other Games
• imaqtpie937
• Shiphtur612
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
10h 12m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
17h 12m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
19h 12m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 10h
Patches Events
1d 15h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.