• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:47
CEST 17:47
KST 00:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7672 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 270

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 268 269 270 271 272 653 Next
grockey
Profile Joined September 2012
United States51 Posts
January 28 2013 14:09 GMT
#5381
Quick question, I just built a PC and everything is working splendidly except one thing. I cannot seem to get a good wifi signal (maybe 1 or 2 bars) into the room that my PC is in, I am currently using a wifi dongle. Is there something I can buy that could help this like a wireless card or repeater? and what would be most cost efficient?
Forever Bronze
xeo1
Profile Joined October 2011
United States429 Posts
January 28 2013 17:13 GMT
#5382
can anyone advise me on what to do with a laptop that turns on, but immediately the fan stops spinning and the screen is blank. this is the second time it happened. it is a compal sager fl92. last time we took it to a repair shop but it cost over a $100 so I would like to try to fix it myself. I tried taking out battery, holding power button, and then restarting.
geokilla
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada8255 Posts
January 28 2013 19:42 GMT
#5383
Has anyone figured out how to get around the high ping/latency issues if you live in NA/EU and try to play on KR? KR pros play on NA all the time.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
January 28 2013 20:08 GMT
#5384
NA/KR is like 150ms ping i think, EU/KR is like 300+, no way to get around it
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
geokilla
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada8255 Posts
January 28 2013 20:23 GMT
#5385
On January 29 2013 05:08 Cyro wrote:
NA/KR is like 150ms ping i think, EU/KR is like 300+, no way to get around it

NA/KR was around 250ms for me. Don't understand how Koreans can play it when they face the same distance issues...
JuanG
Profile Joined January 2011
Argentina2 Posts
January 28 2013 22:45 GMT
#5386
On January 05 2013 07:43 JuanG wrote:
I'm trying to run SC2 on my Dell Inspiron N5050. It has an i3 with intel HD 3000 graphics (I know I know, it's a POS, but it's what I get at work and it's playable at all low settings). I recently got updated to windows 8 64 bits and I'm getting this strange problem were the game is unable to switch to full screen, staying instead at windowed full screen. It says that there was a problem changing to full screen and reverts to windowed after flickering a couple of times.

I tried all the obvious things: got latest drivers of everything, all game & OS updates, reinstalling the game, different quality settings in the game from low to ultra, forcing on variables.txt, different resolutions/refresh rate/vertical sync... nothing seems to work. Normally I wouldn't care, but with such limited hardware windowed is affecting performance. So, here's my question(s):

* Anyone experienced this and found any solution?
* Does SC2 generate any error logs that could give me a clue?

I'm sure it's just the bad combo of new OS + new win 8 direct X version + crappy new intel drivers, but thought maybe someone else had this too (tried searching around the forum and didn't find anything)... thanks in advance!


In case anyone experiences the same problem, I just find out that installing the latest intel drives for HD graphics (they released new ones for win 7/8 64 some days ago) and running SC2 in windows 7 compatibility mode did the trick. Confirmed in WOL (my HOTS beta is still downloading the 8 GB patch, but I assume the same will apply). Hope this is useful to someone else!
Illest.
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada133 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-29 00:24:02
January 28 2013 22:51 GMT
#5387
I have this issue with my pc. i've been getting a little pop up msg whenever i log in now sayin "windows failed to connect to a windows service" and i was able to fix it by going to the cmd and using the "netsh winsock reset" bbut now whenever i try it still pops up. loading the login screen for me to log on to my profile takes a good 2-3 mins and 1-2 mins from the welcome. anyone have idea? thank you.

edit: Here is a Event log viewer you can dl and check what been going on in my system to help me out better. http://www.4shared.com/file/1vTE_qQE/111.html
I ♥ KPop.
baoluvboa
Profile Joined December 2010
743 Posts
January 28 2013 22:55 GMT
#5388
I've been getting minimal screen tearing/shadow flickering when I move my camera in Far Cry 3, Doom 3, and Skyrim. They are minor so I don't mind but is this a symptom of a faulty video card? I also get a vertical green line when I'm loading games application and turning off the computer.

The card is a XFX DD 7970 and my Psu is 650 Watts.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
January 28 2013 23:04 GMT
#5389
On January 29 2013 07:55 baoluvboa wrote:
I've been getting minimal screen tearing/shadow flickering when I move my camera in Far Cry 3, Doom 3, and Skyrim. They are minor so I don't mind but is this a symptom of a faulty video card? I also get a vertical green line when I'm loading games application and turning off the computer.

The card is a XFX DD 7970 and my Psu is 650 Watts.


Reseat the GPU, and then check temps under load.
baoluvboa
Profile Joined December 2010
743 Posts
January 28 2013 23:22 GMT
#5390
On January 29 2013 08:04 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2013 07:55 baoluvboa wrote:
I've been getting minimal screen tearing/shadow flickering when I move my camera in Far Cry 3, Doom 3, and Skyrim. They are minor so I don't mind but is this a symptom of a faulty video card? I also get a vertical green line when I'm loading games application and turning off the computer.

The card is a XFX DD 7970 and my Psu is 650 Watts.


Reseat the GPU, and then check temps under load.


Temperature is 65-70 underload and 30 idle (50 idle when multiple monitors)
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
January 28 2013 23:29 GMT
#5391
On January 29 2013 08:22 baoluvboa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2013 08:04 JingleHell wrote:
On January 29 2013 07:55 baoluvboa wrote:
I've been getting minimal screen tearing/shadow flickering when I move my camera in Far Cry 3, Doom 3, and Skyrim. They are minor so I don't mind but is this a symptom of a faulty video card? I also get a vertical green line when I'm loading games application and turning off the computer.

The card is a XFX DD 7970 and my Psu is 650 Watts.


Reseat the GPU, and then check temps under load.


Temperature is 65-70 underload and 30 idle (50 idle when multiple monitors)


Well, screen tearing can just be normal, especially if the FPS is higher than refresh rate, is the random green line actually causing troubles?

I assume drivers are updated. Also, Medrea has probably actually been following this one, but I think the XFX DD models had some issues regarding heat, so keep an eye on it.
baoluvboa
Profile Joined December 2010
743 Posts
January 28 2013 23:39 GMT
#5392
On January 29 2013 08:29 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2013 08:22 baoluvboa wrote:
On January 29 2013 08:04 JingleHell wrote:
On January 29 2013 07:55 baoluvboa wrote:
I've been getting minimal screen tearing/shadow flickering when I move my camera in Far Cry 3, Doom 3, and Skyrim. They are minor so I don't mind but is this a symptom of a faulty video card? I also get a vertical green line when I'm loading games application and turning off the computer.

The card is a XFX DD 7970 and my Psu is 650 Watts.


Reseat the GPU, and then check temps under load.


Temperature is 65-70 underload and 30 idle (50 idle when multiple monitors)


Well, screen tearing can just be normal, especially if the FPS is higher than refresh rate, is the random green line actually causing troubles?

I assume drivers are updated. Also, Medrea has probably actually been following this one, but I think the XFX DD models had some issues regarding heat, so keep an eye on it.


The random green line only appears during loading or shutting/restarting computer so it is not a big deal. I'm just afraid that it is a symptom for bigger problems later on. Can screen tearing still happen even though vertical sync is on?
dynwar7
Profile Joined May 2011
1983 Posts
January 29 2013 01:15 GMT
#5393
On January 28 2013 21:11 dynwar7 wrote:
Im trying to play as a guest...which I have been doing for 2 years.....and now, I cannot do it. It is dark, and when I put my mouse over it it says:

"All data files must be fully downloaded to play in offline mode"

....

Why? Why is this so? I used to be able to play perfectly. It is with the latest patch that this has changed. Please help, I really want to play as a guest.

Thank you


Can someone help me here? This is so annoying.
Regarding the imbalance, hilarious to see Zergs defending themselves....
Rollin
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia1552 Posts
January 29 2013 02:01 GMT
#5394
On January 29 2013 08:39 baoluvboa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2013 08:29 JingleHell wrote:
On January 29 2013 08:22 baoluvboa wrote:
On January 29 2013 08:04 JingleHell wrote:
On January 29 2013 07:55 baoluvboa wrote:
I've been getting minimal screen tearing/shadow flickering when I move my camera in Far Cry 3, Doom 3, and Skyrim. They are minor so I don't mind but is this a symptom of a faulty video card? I also get a vertical green line when I'm loading games application and turning off the computer.

The card is a XFX DD 7970 and my Psu is 650 Watts.


Reseat the GPU, and then check temps under load.


Temperature is 65-70 underload and 30 idle (50 idle when multiple monitors)


Well, screen tearing can just be normal, especially if the FPS is higher than refresh rate, is the random green line actually causing troubles?

I assume drivers are updated. Also, Medrea has probably actually been following this one, but I think the XFX DD models had some issues regarding heat, so keep an eye on it.


The random green line only appears during loading or shutting/restarting computer so it is not a big deal. I'm just afraid that it is a symptom for bigger problems later on. Can screen tearing still happen even though vertical sync is on?

Supposedly it can't, but it happens to me all the time
Throw off those chains of reason, and your prison disappears. | Check your posting frequency timeline: http://www.teamliquid.net/mytlnet/post_activity_img.php
imallinson
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United Kingdom3482 Posts
January 29 2013 11:33 GMT
#5395
I'm wanting to have a three screen setup for my computer where I have two monitors and a tv mirroring the primary monitor. Problem is I have have a 560Ti which only supports a maximum of two monitors. So I need a cheap second graphics card to run the secondary monitor, at 1080p, on because I won't actually be using this for gaming or streams or anything graphically intense. This is the PSU I have and both PCI power cables are taken up by the 560Ti so I need a card that doesn't require its own power. I was looking at this card and wanted to make sure it would actually work before buying it. If not do you have any suggestions.
Liquipedia
Rannasha
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Netherlands2398 Posts
January 29 2013 12:11 GMT
#5396
On January 29 2013 20:33 imallinson wrote:
I'm wanting to have a three screen setup for my computer where I have two monitors and a tv mirroring the primary monitor. Problem is I have have a 560Ti which only supports a maximum of two monitors. So I need a cheap second graphics card to run the secondary monitor, at 1080p, on because I won't actually be using this for gaming or streams or anything graphically intense. This is the PSU I have and both PCI power cables are taken up by the 560Ti so I need a card that doesn't require its own power. I was looking at this card and wanted to make sure it would actually work before buying it. If not do you have any suggestions.


Pretty much any PCI-E card would do really. PCI-E power cables aren't a problem since you can get converters/splitters for those. I would try to find a cheap fanless model so that computer noise isn't increased. If your computer has integrated graphics, you can also use that instead of adding a new card. If you do get an additional card, I'd recommend sticking with the same GPU-brand as your main card (nVidia) so that you only need 1 set of drivers.
Such flammable little insects!
Lncognit0
Profile Joined March 2011
United States97 Posts
January 29 2013 17:10 GMT
#5397
I downloaded some HoTS replay packs and when I try to open any of the replays it says "The version of starcraft 2 required to play this game is unsupported in this region"

Is there any way I can watch the replays?
llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
January 29 2013 17:58 GMT
#5398
What are the easiest video settings to see cloaked units?
lookfirewood
Profile Joined May 2011
1212 Posts
January 29 2013 19:32 GMT
#5399
When I try to watch the proleague stream (GSL as well) I get the error message "twitch is for gaming only content", what does this error come from? Have never had it before?

best
Kim
R.I.P STX 03.08.2013 never forget.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-29 19:38:05
January 29 2013 19:37 GMT
#5400
How the fuck did this move threads like that? I swear to god I was in a totally different thread when I hit reply...
Prev 1 268 269 270 271 272 653 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 520
BRAT_OK 54
MindelVK 4
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 30647
Bisu 2608
Shuttle 1699
Hyuk 1060
EffOrt 833
Mini 744
Soma 401
Larva 394
ZerO 243
firebathero 233
[ Show more ]
hero 138
Sexy 58
Hyun 45
Mong 44
PianO 36
Trap 36
Pusan 35
Killer 31
ToSsGirL 28
zelot 16
Rock 15
sorry 14
Terrorterran 13
JulyZerg 12
Sacsri 10
Bale 8
Noble 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc9296
qojqva1658
Dendi945
Counter-Strike
fl0m3150
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1391
crisheroes1051
Liquid`Hasu585
Other Games
singsing2009
B2W.Neo1057
Beastyqt764
Mlord347
Hui .237
Livibee191
Liquid`VortiX149
ArmadaUGS124
KnowMe120
elazer80
Mew2King76
FrodaN17
CosmosSc2 15
ZerO(Twitch)15
Trikslyr3
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream50
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 57
• StrangeGG 39
• mYiSmile125
• Adnapsc2 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7514
League of Legends
• Jankos1758
Other Games
• Shiphtur242
• WagamamaTV210
Upcoming Events
FEL
13m
AI Arena Tournament
1h 13m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3h 13m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
18h 13m
INu's Battles
20h 13m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
23h 13m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 18h
Rush vs Light
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.