• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:49
CEST 11:49
KST 18:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11325 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 271

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 269 270 271 272 273 653 Next
Xanbatou
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States805 Posts
January 29 2013 22:48 GMT
#5401
So I recently purchased a 60inch plasma tv. It's pretty heavy and I have never mounted anything to the wall before. Do you think that mounting a tv to the wall is a relatively foolproof thing if you can find the studs or do you think its worthwhile to pay for a service? I've called a couple places and they are all charging $270 to mount it.
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
January 30 2013 00:01 GMT
#5402
Find a buddy with experience and pay him in alcohol.
twitch.tv/cratonz
freizya
Profile Joined October 2012
United States223 Posts
January 30 2013 00:07 GMT
#5403
on speed test i did a test and it says my grade is 94% nationaly and globally, yet my download speed is only 2.5 mb/s is there a way to fix this?
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-30 00:10:03
January 30 2013 00:08 GMT
#5404
That depends on if you should actually be getting more than that.

If that's all your plan gives you, then no (unless you buy a bigger plan). Also do you mean 2.5MB/s or Mb/s? I would imagine a good portion of the rating involves your jitter and latency, which can be perfectly fine even with small bandwidth.
twitch.tv/cratonz
freizya
Profile Joined October 2012
United States223 Posts
January 30 2013 00:17 GMT
#5405
i ran again and it says 2.44 Mbps download speed on speedtest.com
freizya
Profile Joined October 2012
United States223 Posts
January 30 2013 00:18 GMT
#5406
im running a hots patch and only downloading at 40 kb/s
KrAKPrODiGY
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada12 Posts
January 30 2013 03:32 GMT
#5407
HELP!!!!!!!!!!

I have a legit copy of Starcraft2 (Full Version) but on my Bnet Account Summary page it says its only the starter edition!?
"For the swarm"
Rollin
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia1552 Posts
January 30 2013 04:44 GMT
#5408
On January 30 2013 12:32 KrAKPrODiGY wrote:
HELP!!!!!!!!!!

I have a legit copy of Starcraft2 (Full Version) but on my Bnet Account Summary page it says its only the starter edition!?

Email/ring blizzard.
Throw off those chains of reason, and your prison disappears. | Check your posting frequency timeline: http://www.teamliquid.net/mytlnet/post_activity_img.php
Flaiker
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany235 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-30 13:01:34
January 30 2013 12:43 GMT
#5409
Nevermind
...
Emnjay808
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States10666 Posts
January 30 2013 22:18 GMT
#5410
How do I reinstall Win 7 when I already have what data I have in my usb stick?

To clarify: My mom wants to reinstall win 7 on her laptop. Only thing she asked me to save was the pictures and her Google Chrome bookmarks. I pulled both of those out with my usb drive. Now when I try to "reinstall" windows 7 it keeps asking me to do a back up.

Is there a way to just reinstall windows 7 by itself, without back up?
Skol
Esoterikk
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1256 Posts
January 31 2013 08:57 GMT
#5411
Is this safe to use? Do I have to worry about losing bank info or anything?

https://mediahint.com/

Essentially it changes your proxy to allow you to use pandora/netflix outside US. Does exactly what I want but some people in a reddit post were saying they didn't think it was safe (heresay) but no one really backed it up.

Any ideas?
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-01 02:40:44
February 01 2013 02:39 GMT
#5412
On January 31 2013 07:18 Emnjay808 wrote:
How do I reinstall Win 7 when I already have what data I have in my usb stick?

To clarify: My mom wants to reinstall win 7 on her laptop. Only thing she asked me to save was the pictures and her Google Chrome bookmarks. I pulled both of those out with my usb drive. Now when I try to "reinstall" windows 7 it keeps asking me to do a back up.

Is there a way to just reinstall windows 7 by itself, without back up?

I don't think you're going about it the right way. You need to boot up through the W7 disc/image, whereas it sounds like you're trying to do it while already loaded into windows. It also sounds like you just ctrl+c, ctrl+v with the windows folder onto the USB stick.

You basically just need to save whatever you want to your USB stick (i.e. pictures, bookmarks) then just do a fresh install (I'd go ahead and reformat during the install process). Think of how you'd install Windows on a system that doesn't have an OS yet.
twitch.tv/cratonz
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-02 06:07:10
February 02 2013 05:49 GMT
#5413
So recently I discovered Pandora and I'm quite a fan of it now. Even though it's blocked in Canada, I can get around it with a proxy or FF addon (MediaHint works perfectly). I want to start using the android app for it, but it doesn't come up in my market search (because of the block I suppose) and I can't download it to my phone online ether. If I were to get an .apk for the app could I install it manually and would it work?

edit: Hmm ok got my hands on the most up to date apk install file and installed it manually, but then when I open it it still blocks my phone
edit2: siiiiiiiiiiick I just used the vpn1click app and connected to an American server and it loaded up fine ^^
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
Esoterikk
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1256 Posts
February 02 2013 09:08 GMT
#5414
On February 02 2013 14:49 Grobyc wrote:
So recently I discovered Pandora and I'm quite a fan of it now. Even though it's blocked in Canada, I can get around it with a proxy or FF addon (MediaHint works perfectly). I want to start using the android app for it, but it doesn't come up in my market search (because of the block I suppose) and I can't download it to my phone online ether. If I were to get an .apk for the app could I install it manually and would it work?

edit: Hmm ok got my hands on the most up to date apk install file and installed it manually, but then when I open it it still blocks my phone
edit2: siiiiiiiiiiick I just used the vpn1click app and connected to an American server and it loaded up fine ^^



Is mediahint safe? Seems shady having a free software that does that that doesn't get money out of you somehow.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
February 02 2013 13:16 GMT
#5415
Internet behaving weirdly, speedtest+pingtest both report normally (very stable 35-40ms ping, 0 packet loss, 6.5mbit down, 0.78 up) but loading is taking a very long time.

If i open 20 tabs of google, 5 or so of them will fail (server not found, happens to any site) and most of the others will take 3-30 seconds to load, it can take that long to do a simple google search, or to open any site i have bookmarked. Skype etc also behaves weirdly, with some messages hanging and taking like 20 seconds to send. Task manager reports no network activity during that "loading" time. Its common for a site to load, but image loads or parts of the site to hang or fail. Ive restarted router several times (using ADSL)

Any hint on whats causing this?
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
February 02 2013 15:25 GMT
#5416
On February 02 2013 18:08 Esoterikk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2013 14:49 Grobyc wrote:
So recently I discovered Pandora and I'm quite a fan of it now. Even though it's blocked in Canada, I can get around it with a proxy or FF addon (MediaHint works perfectly). I want to start using the android app for it, but it doesn't come up in my market search (because of the block I suppose) and I can't download it to my phone online ether. If I were to get an .apk for the app could I install it manually and would it work?

edit: Hmm ok got my hands on the most up to date apk install file and installed it manually, but then when I open it it still blocks my phone
edit2: siiiiiiiiiiick I just used the vpn1click app and connected to an American server and it loaded up fine ^^



Is mediahint safe? Seems shady having a free software that does that that doesn't get money out of you somehow.

I can't say anything with certainty as I've only been using it for less than a week, but it works perfectly, doesn't require any setup, and generally has really good reviews. I suppose without looking into the coding for it you can't really determine if there's any kind of background funky business going on, but so far I'd say it looks clean.
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
February 02 2013 18:11 GMT
#5417
Is it possible to change position of the icons for buildings in the build window?
For example swap positions for barracks and command center on the SCV's build grid.
baoluvboa
Profile Joined December 2010
743 Posts
February 03 2013 00:45 GMT
#5418
Would an old mobo and/or weak power supply on the 12v negatively affect gpu overclocking? How would I diagnose and confirm these problems?

Thanks.
emperok
Profile Joined September 2011
United States8 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-03 04:18:06
February 03 2013 04:16 GMT
#5419
Would a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670 be likely to bottleneck an Intel i5 430M running on "low" settings and medium textures at 1600x900 Windowed Fullscreen?
emperok
Profile Joined September 2011
United States8 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-03 04:18:23
February 03 2013 04:17 GMT
#5420
[deleted]
Prev 1 269 270 271 272 273 653 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 212
ProTech22
StarCraft: Brood War
Mind 1182
Horang2 1128
Bisu 667
Larva 533
ggaemo 517
Leta 338
Stork 287
Hyuk 144
PianO 124
Sexy 88
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 76
Soma 56
Mini 48
Killer 37
Bale 24
Hm[arnc] 20
yabsab 19
ZerO 14
sorry 14
Dota 2
XcaliburYe374
XaKoH 241
League of Legends
JimRising 330
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1411
Other Games
gofns30340
singsing951
crisheroes157
Mew2King121
ArmadaUGS46
ZerO(Twitch)2
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick563
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream158
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 33
• LUISG 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7207
• lizZardDota2295
League of Legends
• Jankos1298
• Stunt1050
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
11m
Online Event
1h 11m
FEL
6h 11m
AI Arena Tournament
7h 11m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
9h 11m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
INu's Battles
1d 2h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.