• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:53
CEST 09:53
KST 16:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8944 users

[G] Customized hotkeys without bugs - Page 32

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 35 Next All
Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany2959 Posts
September 07 2010 13:06 GMT
#621
Hey man can I also put assign something to the "> < |" key or is that impossible. In case I can, what's the English term for that key?
WrathBringerReturns said: No no no. Sarcasm is detected in the voice. When this forum is riddled with stupidity, you think I can tell every post apart? Fair enough it was intended sarcastically, was it obvious? Of course not.
Tiler
Profile Joined March 2010
Russian Federation79 Posts
September 08 2010 00:55 GMT
#622
On September 07 2010 22:06 Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo wrote:
Hey man can I also put assign something to the "> < |" key or is that impossible. In case I can, what's the English term for that key?

In [UI Hotkeys] you can assign "Shift" +
Comma - , for >
Period - . for <
BackSlash - \ for |
Goshawk.
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United Kingdom5338 Posts
September 10 2010 19:18 GMT
#623
Thanks a lot for the guide on how to change grid hotkey attack key from t to a, exactly what I wanted.
Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany2959 Posts
September 10 2010 22:34 GMT
#624
On September 08 2010 09:55 Tiler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2010 22:06 Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo wrote:
Hey man can I also put assign something to the "> < |" key or is that impossible. In case I can, what's the English term for that key?

In [UI Hotkeys] you can assign "Shift" +
Comma - , for >
Period - . for <
BackSlash - \ for |


Alright, thank you.

By the way, do you think there's any chance that custom Hotkeys will cause trouble with Blizzards Warden protection now that it is activated? I suppose not as I doubt it's going to check the mpq for correct Hotkeys, but wanna be sure.
WrathBringerReturns said: No no no. Sarcasm is detected in the voice. When this forum is riddled with stupidity, you think I can tell every post apart? Fair enough it was intended sarcastically, was it obvious? Of course not.
Chaoz
Profile Joined March 2010
United States507 Posts
September 10 2010 22:47 GMT
#625
Since Warden is activated, can we be banned for using this now?
Naramis
Profile Joined August 2010
Brazil19 Posts
September 11 2010 03:21 GMT
#626
I just got my account banned this afternoon. I never used any hacks, and this is the only game modification I had.
Can't say for sure that this was the cause, but I advise everyone to be careful..
Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany2959 Posts
September 11 2010 09:12 GMT
#627
Alright won't be playing for now then and I put the backup file in again.
WrathBringerReturns said: No no no. Sarcasm is detected in the voice. When this forum is riddled with stupidity, you think I can tell every post apart? Fair enough it was intended sarcastically, was it obvious? Of course not.
spinesheath
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany8679 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-11 11:17:04
September 11 2010 11:16 GMT
#628
On September 11 2010 12:21 Naramis wrote:
I just got my account banned this afternoon. I never used any hacks, and this is the only game modification I had.
Can't say for sure that this was the cause, but I advise everyone to be careful..

Could you contact Blizzard and ask for the reason behind your ban?

The first post in the thread should also state that we might have a case of a ban.
If you have a good reason to disagree with the above, please tell me. Thank you.
Gunman_csz
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United Arab Emirates492 Posts
September 11 2010 12:06 GMT
#629
On September 11 2010 12:21 Naramis wrote:
I just got my account banned this afternoon. I never used any hacks, and this is the only game modification I had.
Can't say for sure that this was the cause, but I advise everyone to be careful..


Is it a temporary ban or a permanent ban?
Began Starcraft journey on 5th May 2009
Naramis
Profile Joined August 2010
Brazil19 Posts
September 11 2010 13:36 GMT
#630
On September 11 2010 21:06 Gunman_csz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2010 12:21 Naramis wrote:
I just got my account banned this afternoon. I never used any hacks, and this is the only game modification I had.
Can't say for sure that this was the cause, but I advise everyone to be careful..


Is it a temporary ban or a permanent ban?

I don't know, it says in-game that my account is blocked and to contact customer support. I didn't receive any email from Blizzard, and I can't login to my battle.net account. I emailed them, but I don't think they answer on weekends
Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany2959 Posts
September 11 2010 15:00 GMT
#631
Is there anyone else using Custom Hotkeys who encountered a ban? I actually can't believe this... :/
WrathBringerReturns said: No no no. Sarcasm is detected in the voice. When this forum is riddled with stupidity, you think I can tell every post apart? Fair enough it was intended sarcastically, was it obvious? Of course not.
Glasse
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada1237 Posts
September 11 2010 15:04 GMT
#632
On September 12 2010 00:00 Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo wrote:
Is there anyone else using Custom Hotkeys who encountered a ban? I actually can't believe this... :/


It could be possible, as the warden was recently activated. Can't be 100% sure until confirmation though
Naramis
Profile Joined August 2010
Brazil19 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-11 18:04:02
September 11 2010 17:55 GMT
#633
OK, so Blizzard replied to my email and asked me to call them. I called, they confirmed my information (thank god I used a true answer to the secret question, I usually just put some BS in there), and they unlocked my account.. the guy I spoke to didn't know why my account had been blocked. He said that it could happen if I changed my IP dramatically, but that wasn't the case.. I asked if it had something to do with Warden, but he claimed to not know what I was talking about (is it a blizz policy to pretend Warden doesn't exist?)

So I suppose it had nothing to do with this hotkey change. It was a big coincidence, however, that it happened right after Warden came online.

Regardless, I have removed the hotkey change and won't do it again. The next patch is supposed to add the option of using NA hotkeys on all versions of the game anyway (I have the Latin America version, and used this program to change my hotkeys to be like the NA version)
Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany2959 Posts
September 11 2010 19:56 GMT
#634
Hmm alright, gonna play with my custom hotkeys then. Can't live without them :'(
WrathBringerReturns said: No no no. Sarcasm is detected in the voice. When this forum is riddled with stupidity, you think I can tell every post apart? Fair enough it was intended sarcastically, was it obvious? Of course not.
Noyze
Profile Joined September 2010
United States10 Posts
September 12 2010 04:55 GMT
#635
Hi, I don't know if it's a bug or not but I tried to hotkey attack to the period on the num pad (where del resides) and it wont work. the command says "Period" for attack in game but I have to hit the period on the keyboard side to attack, the numpad key does nothing. Can anyone help me with this?
Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany2959 Posts
September 12 2010 16:23 GMT
#636
On September 08 2010 09:55 Tiler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2010 22:06 Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo wrote:
Hey man can I also put assign something to the "> < |" key or is that impossible. In case I can, what's the English term for that key?

In [UI Hotkeys] you can assign "Shift" +
Comma - , for >
Period - . for <
BackSlash - \ for |


So I just tried that and it doesn't work.

Did I just misunderstand your or is this right:
[image loading]

I will only select my lazy workers when I press shift + , ( + .).
Which makes sense but according to your comment I thought it should activate on pressing < or >.
WrathBringerReturns said: No no no. Sarcasm is detected in the voice. When this forum is riddled with stupidity, you think I can tell every post apart? Fair enough it was intended sarcastically, was it obvious? Of course not.
spinesheath
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany8679 Posts
September 12 2010 16:34 GMT
#637
On September 13 2010 01:23 Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 08 2010 09:55 Tiler wrote:
On September 07 2010 22:06 Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo wrote:
Hey man can I also put assign something to the "> < |" key or is that impossible. In case I can, what's the English term for that key?

In [UI Hotkeys] you can assign "Shift" +
Comma - , for >
Period - . for <
BackSlash - \ for |


So I just tried that and it doesn't work.

Did I just misunderstand your or is this right:
[image loading]

I will only select my lazy workers when I press shift + , ( + .).
Which makes sense but according to your comment I thought it should activate on pressing < or >.

This doesn't work because you're using a German keyboard layout, amiright?

The US Standard keyboard layout has < and > as the shift-versions of , and .
There is no proper equivalent for the "<>|" key afaik. The solution that is the most easy to explain is: Change your keyboard layout to US Standard. That will also get you rid of the "dead keys" on the German layout, like ^. You'll mistype z and y for a while though, and writing in German is rather stupid with it, so you might have to change layouts quite a bit.

The other possible solution would be to dig into the game files and find out if there is any name for the "<>|" key, and then insert it into the hotkey files manually.
If you have a good reason to disagree with the above, please tell me. Thank you.
Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany2959 Posts
September 12 2010 16:52 GMT
#638
Ah so that's the issue.
Thanks for the clarification

Well I can live without that key then :>
WrathBringerReturns said: No no no. Sarcasm is detected in the voice. When this forum is riddled with stupidity, you think I can tell every post apart? Fair enough it was intended sarcastically, was it obvious? Of course not.
Noyze
Profile Joined September 2010
United States10 Posts
September 13 2010 04:45 GMT
#639
Anyone else using this with X-Button Mouse Control?
cbt
Profile Joined April 2009
8 Posts
September 15 2010 08:52 GMT
#640
Today's post from Blizzard's blog: (http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/809157#blog)
"If a StarCraft II player is found to be cheating or using hacks or modifications in any form, then as outlined in our end user license agreement, that player can be permanently banned from the game. This means that the player will be permanently unable to log in to Battle.net to play StarCraft II with his or her account.

Playing StarCraft II legitimately means playing with an unaltered game client."

Just wondering what others using custom hotkeys think of this. Clearly Blizzard are aiming this at people using hacks, not simply editing a hotkeys text file but it makes me a bit nervous now to be doing this.

I really wish they'd just add a custom hotkeys option to the game.
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 35 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 1379
BeSt 305
Soulkey 204
Soma 188
sorry 122
Mind 71
Bale 26
ajuk12(nOOB) 15
ZergMaN 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm184
League of Legends
JimRising 651
Counter-Strike
edward214
Other Games
summit1g9039
Coldzera 698
WinterStarcraft698
C9.Mang0248
Sick216
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick712
BasetradeTV188
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2200
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
2h 8m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
4h 8m
AI Arena Tournament
9h 8m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
11h 8m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.