• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:45
CEST 23:45
KST 06:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5686 users

TL.net is recruiting SC2 writers

Forum Index > SC2 General
37 CommentsPost a Reply
Normal

TL.net is recruiting SC2 writers

Text byTL.net ESPORTS
January 6th, 2021 09:34 GMT

Up/Down

TL.net is looking for new writers to keep up its coverage of professional StarCraft II in 2021. We're looking for writers who can handle a variety of material including previews, recaps, historical retrospectives, and opinion columns. Ideally, we are looking for writers who can commit to covering a tournament/league for an entire season cycle. This is a paid position after a short, initial trial period.

How to Apply: Send an application containing the following to k.woo@teamliquid.com (Waxangel)
  • Your TL.net ID and Discord contact information.
  • Short introduction about your background in StarCraft II.
  • Preferred leagues or tournaments to cover.
  • Availability and desired workload.

Please include two sample articles.
  • Tournament Preview - Example 1 - Example 2 - Example 3

    Write a preview for an upcoming StarCraft II tournament. The preview should be written in whatever style best represents your knowledge of StarCraft II esports, whether that's breaking down a four-player group on a match-by-match basis, or looking over the overarching storylines for an entire tournament. It's fine to choose a small-scale event to preview, considering that DreamHack Masters Last Chance is the only major event coming in the near future.

  • Freestyle Article - Example 1 - Example 2 - Example 3

    Write an article on a StarCraft 2 esports related topic of your choice, whether it's a player, team, strategy, or a historical event. Pick a topic that you're really interested in, as this is a chance to show us the depth of your knowledge and passion for StarCraft II esports.


Banner photo: Dwayne Bent via flickr
Graphics: HawaiianPig and Waxangel
Facebook Twitter Reddit
TL+ Member
starvingbox
Profile Joined August 2020
United States44 Posts
January 06 2021 14:52 GMT
#2
Someone on reddit was posting these fantastic write-ups of GSL earlier in 2020. I didn't see any for the latter part of the year, but I hope that person is still around and interested.
dbRic1203
Profile Joined July 2019
Germany2655 Posts
January 06 2021 15:03 GMT
#3
On January 06 2021 23:52 starvingbox wrote:
Someone on reddit was posting these fantastic write-ups of GSL earlier in 2020. I didn't see any for the latter part of the year, but I hope that person is still around and interested.

You mean this guy?
MaxPax
Chris_Havoc
Profile Joined August 2016
United States600 Posts
January 06 2021 16:47 GMT
#4
Too bad I let my creative & non-fiction writing skills atrophy. Historical perspectives in Esports & SC2 is something I have a keen interest in.
Owner of the SC2 Esports Anthology channel on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/SC2EsportsAnthology
Poopi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France13021 Posts
January 06 2021 16:57 GMT
#5
What is an approximate deadline for applications?
WriterMaru
MineraIs
Profile Joined September 2020
United States846 Posts
January 06 2021 18:14 GMT
#6
Any openings for SC:R ?
✯ [ twitch.tv/MrMineraIs ] ✯ [ Check out my Maps: https://tl.net/forum/brood-war/612442-official-maps-by-minerals ] ✯
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33702 Posts
January 06 2021 21:23 GMT
#7
On January 07 2021 01:57 Poopi wrote:
What is an approximate deadline for applications?


preferably as soon as reasonably possible, but there's no hard deadline here.
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
Mizenhauer
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
United States1961 Posts
January 06 2021 23:28 GMT
#8
On January 07 2021 01:47 Chris_Havoc wrote:
Too bad I let my creative & non-fiction writing skills atrophy. Historical perspectives in Esports & SC2 is something I have a keen interest in.


Good thing writing about sports/esports is basically fiction
┗|∵|┓Second Place in LB 28, Third Place in LB 29 and Destined to Be a Kong
caneras
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
433 Posts
January 07 2021 00:47 GMT
#9
Do samples need to include any of the graphics/images that appear in the samples and most pieces posted on the site?
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33702 Posts
January 07 2021 07:14 GMT
#10
On January 07 2021 08:28 Mizenhauer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2021 01:47 Chris_Havoc wrote:
Too bad I let my creative & non-fiction writing skills atrophy. Historical perspectives in Esports & SC2 is something I have a keen interest in.


Good thing writing about sports/esports is basically fiction


oh so you watched "The Last Dance" too?
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-01-07 07:43:17
January 07 2021 07:43 GMT
#11
On January 07 2021 09:47 caneras wrote:
Do samples need to include any of the graphics/images that appear in the samples and most pieces posted on the site?


No, just the text.
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
hexhaven
Profile Joined July 2014
Finland965 Posts
January 07 2021 18:21 GMT
#12
On January 07 2021 01:47 Chris_Havoc wrote:
Too bad I let my creative & non-fiction writing skills atrophy. Historical perspectives in Esports & SC2 is something I have a keen interest in.


Don't worry, this is a great way to get back into writing non-fiction.
WriterI shoot events. | http://www.jussi.co/esports
Chris_Havoc
Profile Joined August 2016
United States600 Posts
January 08 2021 00:15 GMT
#13
On January 08 2021 03:21 hexhaven wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2021 01:47 Chris_Havoc wrote:
Too bad I let my creative & non-fiction writing skills atrophy. Historical perspectives in Esports & SC2 is something I have a keen interest in.


Don't worry, this is a great way to get back into writing non-fiction.


I studied history & anthropology in college so I wrote a lot of papers and essays, but that was 20+ years ago..

Could anyone from TL be more specific about what you' re looking for in terms of historical retrospective articles?
Owner of the SC2 Esports Anthology channel on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/SC2EsportsAnthology
hexhaven
Profile Joined July 2014
Finland965 Posts
January 08 2021 09:17 GMT
#14
Two recent examples include the soO retirement article and the Disaster Theater pieces, and you're very welcome to pitch your own ideas.
WriterI shoot events. | http://www.jussi.co/esports
munch
Profile Joined July 2014
Mute City2363 Posts
January 08 2021 11:31 GMT
#15
On January 06 2021 18:34 TL.net ESPORTS wrote:
Your TL.net ID and Discord contact information.


pour one out for skype

On January 08 2021 09:15 Chris_Havoc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2021 03:21 hexhaven wrote:
On January 07 2021 01:47 Chris_Havoc wrote:
Too bad I let my creative & non-fiction writing skills atrophy. Historical perspectives in Esports & SC2 is something I have a keen interest in.


Don't worry, this is a great way to get back into writing non-fiction.


I studied history & anthropology in college so I wrote a lot of papers and essays, but that was 20+ years ago..

Could anyone from TL be more specific about what you' re looking for in terms of historical retrospective articles?


2k words on the link between mkp's scouting patterns and the modern tendency on social media to argue your own case fanatically while not connecting with others' points of view
WriterForm is temporary, MMA is permanent || http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/508630-article-archive
starvingbox
Profile Joined August 2020
United States44 Posts
January 08 2021 17:32 GMT
#16
On January 07 2021 00:03 dbRic1203 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2021 23:52 starvingbox wrote:
Someone on reddit was posting these fantastic write-ups of GSL earlier in 2020. I didn't see any for the latter part of the year, but I hope that person is still around and interested.

You mean this guy?

yes
aX_XenoDactyl
Profile Joined July 2019
1 Post
January 08 2021 20:57 GMT
#17
To confirm, for the tournament preview article, it would have to be an event that has not yet been completed at the time of the article correct? or are recently completed events also acceptable?
J. Corsair
Profile Joined June 2014
United States470 Posts
January 09 2021 14:08 GMT
#18
Awesome! I'm very interested and I can already think of 10 good article subjects off the top of my head. Hopefully Mr. Waxangel will kindly consider my submissions; as I have today off, I'll have some time to make a proper attempt.

Thank you for letting us know!
“...it is human nature, I suppose, to be futile and ridiculous.” - Scaramouche
Jathin
Profile Blog Joined February 2005
United States3505 Posts
January 09 2021 15:40 GMT
#19
--- Nuked ---
GhostforGood
Profile Joined January 2021
3 Posts
January 09 2021 16:50 GMT
#20
Hey, just a quick question! Do the two articles need to cover both of the categories (preview and freestyle) or can we choose to do 2 articles in the same style (for example preview) as long as we write them both on different topics? Thanks a lot!
Shockpoint
Profile Joined January 2021
3 Posts
January 10 2021 03:44 GMT
#21
On January 09 2021 05:57 aX_XenoDactyl wrote:
To confirm, for the tournament preview article, it would have to be an event that has not yet been completed at the time of the article correct? or are recently completed events also acceptable?


I would also like to know about this, as what I'd like to cover hasn't started yet in 2021.
Shockpoint
Profile Joined January 2021
3 Posts
January 10 2021 03:44 GMT
#22
On January 10 2021 01:50 GhostforGood wrote:
Hey, just a quick question! Do the two articles need to cover both of the categories (preview and freestyle) or can we choose to do 2 articles in the same style (for example preview) as long as we write them both on different topics? Thanks a lot!


Another thing I'd like to know, as I'd like to do two freestyles for now, seeing as the events I'd most prefer to cover are not running as of yet.
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33702 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-01-10 04:08:15
January 10 2021 04:01 GMT
#23
On January 10 2021 01:50 GhostforGood wrote:
Hey, just a quick question! Do the two articles need to cover both of the categories (preview and freestyle) or can we choose to do 2 articles in the same style (for example preview) as long as we write them both on different topics? Thanks a lot!


Yes, you need to write one of EACH article. Don't sweat it too much—we're just looking to see what kind of content people could potentially handle, not screening for perfect, fantasy-world candidates.

On January 10 2021 12:44 Shockpoint wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2021 05:57 aX_XenoDactyl wrote:
To confirm, for the tournament preview article, it would have to be an event that has not yet been completed at the time of the article correct? or are recently completed events also acceptable?


I would also like to know about this, as what I'd like to cover hasn't started yet in 2021.


Yes, non-completed event would be preferable. But given the lack of major tournaments remaining in 2021, and in order to be accommodating toward peoples schedules, I'd be okay with an after-the-fact preview. Just make sure not to lean too hard on after-the-fact analysis.
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
Shockpoint
Profile Joined January 2021
3 Posts
January 10 2021 04:32 GMT
#24
On January 10 2021 13:01 Waxangel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 10 2021 01:50 GhostforGood wrote:
Hey, just a quick question! Do the two articles need to cover both of the categories (preview and freestyle) or can we choose to do 2 articles in the same style (for example preview) as long as we write them both on different topics? Thanks a lot!


Yes, you need to write one of EACH article. Don't sweat it too much—we're just looking to see what kind of content people could potentially handle, not screening for perfect, fantasy-world candidates.

Show nested quote +
On January 10 2021 12:44 Shockpoint wrote:
On January 09 2021 05:57 aX_XenoDactyl wrote:
To confirm, for the tournament preview article, it would have to be an event that has not yet been completed at the time of the article correct? or are recently completed events also acceptable?


I would also like to know about this, as what I'd like to cover hasn't started yet in 2021.


Yes, non-completed event would be preferable. But given the lack of major tournaments remaining in 2021, and in order to be accommodating toward peoples schedules, I'd be okay with an after-the-fact preview. Just make sure not to lean too hard on after-the-fact analysis.


Thank you for the clarification!
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51506 Posts
January 12 2021 01:17 GMT
#25
On January 07 2021 03:14 MineraIs wrote:
Any openings for SC:R ?


We are always recruiting for SC:R.

Please PM me for further details.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
KNUCKLEHEAD
Profile Joined December 2019
United States18 Posts
January 15 2021 14:34 GMT
#26
If we submitted, when should we hear a response?
Poopi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France13021 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-01-15 14:40:34
January 15 2021 14:40 GMT
#27
On January 15 2021 23:34 KNUCKLEHEAD wrote:
If we submitted, when should we hear a response?

I am interested by the answer too, I didn't get a reply indicating that the application has been received ; I doubt it went to spams thankfully.
WriterMaru
Sombre
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom86 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-01-18 19:23:32
January 18 2021 19:21 GMT
#28
I wish I had the time in my life to commit to something like this. This is one of my dream writing jobs.

Would you ever consider one off articles on a freelance position, or are you explicitly looking for full time writers?
Mizenhauer
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
United States1961 Posts
January 19 2021 00:24 GMT
#29
On January 19 2021 04:21 Sombre wrote:
I wish I had the time in my life to commit to something like this. This is one of my dream writing jobs.

Would you ever consider one off articles on a freelance position, or are you explicitly looking for full time writers?


Writing complex, nuanced one off articles will take up way more of your time than jamming stock previews.
┗|∵|┓Second Place in LB 28, Third Place in LB 29 and Destined to Be a Kong
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33702 Posts
January 19 2021 03:16 GMT
#30
Thanks for the interest!

Will be evaluating applications and sending out responses this week.
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
dbRic1203
Profile Joined July 2019
Germany2655 Posts
January 20 2021 09:12 GMT
#31
Is it still possible to apply? I m arguing with myselve, if I should try it or not..
MaxPax
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33702 Posts
January 20 2021 09:28 GMT
#32
On January 20 2021 18:12 dbRic1203 wrote:
Is it still possible to apply? I m arguing with myselve, if I should try it or not..


technically, applications never close
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
dbRic1203
Profile Joined July 2019
Germany2655 Posts
January 20 2021 10:32 GMT
#33
On January 20 2021 18:28 Waxangel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2021 18:12 dbRic1203 wrote:
Is it still possible to apply? I m arguing with myselve, if I should try it or not..


technically, applications never close

Hm, might put something together once the ST seeding is out then
MaxPax
dbRic1203
Profile Joined July 2019
Germany2655 Posts
January 20 2021 17:22 GMT
#34
Allright done
What s the preferred format? PDF?
MaxPax
DreamOen
Profile Joined March 2010
Spain1400 Posts
January 21 2021 10:49 GMT
#35
I am so sad that english is not my mother lang haha.
Tester | MC | Crank | Flash | Jaedong | MVP
Dave4
Profile Joined August 2018
494 Posts
January 21 2021 11:18 GMT
#36
I would be happy to give input to the return of power ranks
dbRic1203
Profile Joined July 2019
Germany2655 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-01-21 13:17:55
January 21 2021 12:28 GMT
#37
On January 21 2021 19:49 DreamOen wrote:
I am so sad that english is not my mother lang haha.

I m pretty sure, there are quite a few TL writers where english isn t the first language.
Like TheOneAboveYou from Germany or Ziggy from Poland.
MaxPax
NewEyes
Profile Joined March 2012
Germany113 Posts
January 31 2021 18:26 GMT
#38
Thanks for the interest!

Will be evaluating applications and sending out responses this week.

Sorry to be nagging, but is there any update on this?
Normal
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 15m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 171
Nina 115
SpeCial 74
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 148
firebathero 68
910 39
NaDa 29
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm2
Counter-Strike
Fnx 784
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0170
PPMD52
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby8800
Liquid`Hasu1696
Trikslyr87
Other Games
summit1g6829
Liquid`RaSZi5755
shahzam513
B2W.Neo217
JimRising 181
Pyrionflax176
KnowMe134
ArmadaUGS113
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream319
Other Games
BasetradeTV218
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 60
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 31
• Eskiya23 23
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1032
Other Games
• imaqtpie1174
• Shiphtur259
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 15m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 15m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.