• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:28
CEST 11:28
KST 18:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8850 users

Korean community outrage over BlizzCon casting - Page 12

Forum Index > SC2 General
246 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 Next All
sunnyshine
Profile Joined March 2018
Australia63 Posts
November 01 2018 09:06 GMT
#221
On November 01 2018 15:54 Azzur wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2018 21:31 Rodya wrote:
On October 30 2018 06:10 Nathanias wrote:
On October 29 2018 02:58 AntiHack wrote:
On October 28 2018 23:01 Rodya wrote:
By the way, I find it telling that people tell Koreans to "just watch the English stream, whats the big deal?" and at the same time say that it's fine that the English commentarys have a massive foreigner bias in their analysis/commentary "because it's the english/foreigner stream".

I will never understand the contempt some people in the community have for Koreans. I think that everyone who actually got decent at any esport looked up to many Koreans, and so would be incapable of such feelings. My guess is that this is a very telling analysis.

I guess ppl like Nathanias saying "F**k Korea" basically every 2 streams doesn't help


What? I don't have anything against Koreans. The only community in StarCraft that I dump on is BW Elitists because they deserve it. Anyone could have easily just been fans of both games and recognized a united scene is better than a divided one. Thanks for playing though!

How about you dont flame people who like BW but not SC2? Is that unreasonable? Flash is the greatest RTS player of all time and its logically impossible for a SC2 player to steal that throne.

Also it would be nice if one caster said something about this in support of Korea. Instead all we have had is Incontrol saying that Korea doesnt deserve commentary (on reddit). I hope Artosis at least says something, he's the only one I trust.

Referencing the bold text... I tried to look for this but couldn't find it. Do you have the link?


He's probably referring to this thread complaining about no korean subtitles for the signature series:
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/9s3d5s/no_korean_subtitles_on_wcs_signature_series/e8lv3ks/
sOs is love, sOs is life // the only reason I'm in copper is because protoss OP, I would've won GSL if david kim did his job.
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18453 Posts
November 01 2018 09:38 GMT
#222
On November 01 2018 18:06 sunnyshine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2018 15:54 Azzur wrote:
On October 31 2018 21:31 Rodya wrote:
On October 30 2018 06:10 Nathanias wrote:
On October 29 2018 02:58 AntiHack wrote:
On October 28 2018 23:01 Rodya wrote:
By the way, I find it telling that people tell Koreans to "just watch the English stream, whats the big deal?" and at the same time say that it's fine that the English commentarys have a massive foreigner bias in their analysis/commentary "because it's the english/foreigner stream".

I will never understand the contempt some people in the community have for Koreans. I think that everyone who actually got decent at any esport looked up to many Koreans, and so would be incapable of such feelings. My guess is that this is a very telling analysis.

I guess ppl like Nathanias saying "F**k Korea" basically every 2 streams doesn't help


What? I don't have anything against Koreans. The only community in StarCraft that I dump on is BW Elitists because they deserve it. Anyone could have easily just been fans of both games and recognized a united scene is better than a divided one. Thanks for playing though!

How about you dont flame people who like BW but not SC2? Is that unreasonable? Flash is the greatest RTS player of all time and its logically impossible for a SC2 player to steal that throne.

Also it would be nice if one caster said something about this in support of Korea. Instead all we have had is Incontrol saying that Korea doesnt deserve commentary (on reddit). I hope Artosis at least says something, he's the only one I trust.

Referencing the bold text... I tried to look for this but couldn't find it. Do you have the link?


He's probably referring to this thread complaining about no korean subtitles for the signature series:
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/9s3d5s/no_korean_subtitles_on_wcs_signature_series/e8lv3ks/

Was incontrol really claiming there are less Koreans interested in the wcs signature series than there are Italians? Italians who don't speak English, that is, to keep in line with the "well, your language doesn't matter, learn English" theme that incontrol is on.

Anyway, glad Blizzard stepped in and managed to find something of a solution for the WCS cast. Still pretty sad that this was a last minute rush job, but better than no job at all. And MC casting? I'm a bit jealous now. I'd trade about 7 of our English casters for having MC :D
BlueStar
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
Bulgaria1177 Posts
November 01 2018 09:53 GMT
#223
On November 01 2018 18:38 Acrofales wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2018 18:06 sunnyshine wrote:
On November 01 2018 15:54 Azzur wrote:
On October 31 2018 21:31 Rodya wrote:
On October 30 2018 06:10 Nathanias wrote:
On October 29 2018 02:58 AntiHack wrote:
On October 28 2018 23:01 Rodya wrote:
By the way, I find it telling that people tell Koreans to "just watch the English stream, whats the big deal?" and at the same time say that it's fine that the English commentarys have a massive foreigner bias in their analysis/commentary "because it's the english/foreigner stream".

I will never understand the contempt some people in the community have for Koreans. I think that everyone who actually got decent at any esport looked up to many Koreans, and so would be incapable of such feelings. My guess is that this is a very telling analysis.

I guess ppl like Nathanias saying "F**k Korea" basically every 2 streams doesn't help


What? I don't have anything against Koreans. The only community in StarCraft that I dump on is BW Elitists because they deserve it. Anyone could have easily just been fans of both games and recognized a united scene is better than a divided one. Thanks for playing though!

How about you dont flame people who like BW but not SC2? Is that unreasonable? Flash is the greatest RTS player of all time and its logically impossible for a SC2 player to steal that throne.

Also it would be nice if one caster said something about this in support of Korea. Instead all we have had is Incontrol saying that Korea doesnt deserve commentary (on reddit). I hope Artosis at least says something, he's the only one I trust.

Referencing the bold text... I tried to look for this but couldn't find it. Do you have the link?


He's probably referring to this thread complaining about no korean subtitles for the signature series:
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/9s3d5s/no_korean_subtitles_on_wcs_signature_series/e8lv3ks/

Was incontrol really claiming there are less Koreans interested in the wcs signature series than there are Italians? Italians who don't speak English, that is, to keep in line with the "well, your language doesn't matter, learn English" theme that incontrol is on.

Anyway, glad Blizzard stepped in and managed to find something of a solution for the WCS cast. Still pretty sad that this was a last minute rush job, but better than no job at all. And MC casting? I'm a bit jealous now. I'd trade about 7 of our English casters for having MC :D


I'd trade the whole English production if MC is casting the event!
Leader of the Bulgarian National SCBW/SC2 team and team pSi.SCBW/SC2
DBooN
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany2727 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-11-01 10:11:27
November 01 2018 10:11 GMT
#224
On November 01 2018 18:38 Acrofales wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2018 18:06 sunnyshine wrote:
On November 01 2018 15:54 Azzur wrote:
On October 31 2018 21:31 Rodya wrote:
On October 30 2018 06:10 Nathanias wrote:
On October 29 2018 02:58 AntiHack wrote:
On October 28 2018 23:01 Rodya wrote:
By the way, I find it telling that people tell Koreans to "just watch the English stream, whats the big deal?" and at the same time say that it's fine that the English commentarys have a massive foreigner bias in their analysis/commentary "because it's the english/foreigner stream".

I will never understand the contempt some people in the community have for Koreans. I think that everyone who actually got decent at any esport looked up to many Koreans, and so would be incapable of such feelings. My guess is that this is a very telling analysis.

I guess ppl like Nathanias saying "F**k Korea" basically every 2 streams doesn't help


What? I don't have anything against Koreans. The only community in StarCraft that I dump on is BW Elitists because they deserve it. Anyone could have easily just been fans of both games and recognized a united scene is better than a divided one. Thanks for playing though!

How about you dont flame people who like BW but not SC2? Is that unreasonable? Flash is the greatest RTS player of all time and its logically impossible for a SC2 player to steal that throne.

Also it would be nice if one caster said something about this in support of Korea. Instead all we have had is Incontrol saying that Korea doesnt deserve commentary (on reddit). I hope Artosis at least says something, he's the only one I trust.

Referencing the bold text... I tried to look for this but couldn't find it. Do you have the link?


He's probably referring to this thread complaining about no korean subtitles for the signature series:
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/9s3d5s/no_korean_subtitles_on_wcs_signature_series/e8lv3ks/

Was incontrol really claiming there are less Koreans interested in the wcs signature series than there are Italians? Italians who don't speak English, that is, to keep in line with the "well, your language doesn't matter, learn English" theme that incontrol is on.

He probably just didn't know there were other language (Italian) subtitles.
opisska
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Poland8852 Posts
November 01 2018 10:20 GMT
#225
At the end of the day, I just don't get what Blizzard's game here is. The whole Blizzcon is essentially advertisement for Blizzard and their products. I don't believe they are actually making money on the Blizzcon SC2 tournament, considering how much they put into prize pool and prodcution. So why don't they treat it as such - as an advert? Why do they go after re-streamers? How much money can the "twitch exclusive" deal even make them? Can it really be some relevant sum compared to the cost of the whole thing?

I suspect this is just a lot of corporate sort-sightedness where some exec is trying to fulfill some benchmarks of getting X money form Y and nobody is really looking at the big picture. Once you sink some money into something, you should consider this money as a part of balance of anything else related and if your twitch deal makes you some, but limits the reach of the marketing produced for millions of dollars of costs, it might not be that good a deal after all ...

I still find some of the views in this thread about how they owe something to Koreans completely ridiculous, but Blizzard's approach here doesn't make too much sense either.
"Jeez, that's far from ideal." - Serral, the king of mild trashtalk
TL+ Member
sneakyfox
Profile Joined January 2017
8218 Posts
November 01 2018 10:25 GMT
#226
On November 01 2018 14:46 FrostedMiniWheats wrote:
MC and Leenock cast you say? Might watch some of that instead :p


MC undisputed GOAT starcraft caster!
"I saw what sneakyfox wrote on TL.net and it made me furious" - PartinG
sunnyshine
Profile Joined March 2018
Australia63 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-11-01 11:27:13
November 01 2018 11:26 GMT
#227
On November 01 2018 18:38 Acrofales wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2018 18:06 sunnyshine wrote:
On November 01 2018 15:54 Azzur wrote:
On October 31 2018 21:31 Rodya wrote:
On October 30 2018 06:10 Nathanias wrote:
On October 29 2018 02:58 AntiHack wrote:
On October 28 2018 23:01 Rodya wrote:
By the way, I find it telling that people tell Koreans to "just watch the English stream, whats the big deal?" and at the same time say that it's fine that the English commentarys have a massive foreigner bias in their analysis/commentary "because it's the english/foreigner stream".

I will never understand the contempt some people in the community have for Koreans. I think that everyone who actually got decent at any esport looked up to many Koreans, and so would be incapable of such feelings. My guess is that this is a very telling analysis.

I guess ppl like Nathanias saying "F**k Korea" basically every 2 streams doesn't help


What? I don't have anything against Koreans. The only community in StarCraft that I dump on is BW Elitists because they deserve it. Anyone could have easily just been fans of both games and recognized a united scene is better than a divided one. Thanks for playing though!

How about you dont flame people who like BW but not SC2? Is that unreasonable? Flash is the greatest RTS player of all time and its logically impossible for a SC2 player to steal that throne.

Also it would be nice if one caster said something about this in support of Korea. Instead all we have had is Incontrol saying that Korea doesnt deserve commentary (on reddit). I hope Artosis at least says something, he's the only one I trust.

Referencing the bold text... I tried to look for this but couldn't find it. Do you have the link?


He's probably referring to this thread complaining about no korean subtitles for the signature series:
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/9s3d5s/no_korean_subtitles_on_wcs_signature_series/e8lv3ks/

Was incontrol really claiming there are less Koreans interested in the wcs signature series than there are Italians? Italians who don't speak English, that is, to keep in line with the "well, your language doesn't matter, learn English" theme that incontrol is on.

Anyway, glad Blizzard stepped in and managed to find something of a solution for the WCS cast. Still pretty sad that this was a last minute rush job, but better than no job at all. And MC casting? I'm a bit jealous now. I'd trade about 7 of our English casters for having MC :D


Incontrol's a cool dude, but sometimes he makes some really stupid statements. I remember during the decline of sc2 he said that everything was fine because he got a raise.
sOs is love, sOs is life // the only reason I'm in copper is because protoss OP, I would've won GSL if david kim did his job.
BlueStar
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
Bulgaria1177 Posts
November 01 2018 14:41 GMT
#228
On November 01 2018 20:26 sunnyshine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2018 18:38 Acrofales wrote:
On November 01 2018 18:06 sunnyshine wrote:
On November 01 2018 15:54 Azzur wrote:
On October 31 2018 21:31 Rodya wrote:
On October 30 2018 06:10 Nathanias wrote:
On October 29 2018 02:58 AntiHack wrote:
On October 28 2018 23:01 Rodya wrote:
By the way, I find it telling that people tell Koreans to "just watch the English stream, whats the big deal?" and at the same time say that it's fine that the English commentarys have a massive foreigner bias in their analysis/commentary "because it's the english/foreigner stream".

I will never understand the contempt some people in the community have for Koreans. I think that everyone who actually got decent at any esport looked up to many Koreans, and so would be incapable of such feelings. My guess is that this is a very telling analysis.

I guess ppl like Nathanias saying "F**k Korea" basically every 2 streams doesn't help


What? I don't have anything against Koreans. The only community in StarCraft that I dump on is BW Elitists because they deserve it. Anyone could have easily just been fans of both games and recognized a united scene is better than a divided one. Thanks for playing though!

How about you dont flame people who like BW but not SC2? Is that unreasonable? Flash is the greatest RTS player of all time and its logically impossible for a SC2 player to steal that throne.

Also it would be nice if one caster said something about this in support of Korea. Instead all we have had is Incontrol saying that Korea doesnt deserve commentary (on reddit). I hope Artosis at least says something, he's the only one I trust.

Referencing the bold text... I tried to look for this but couldn't find it. Do you have the link?


He's probably referring to this thread complaining about no korean subtitles for the signature series:
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/9s3d5s/no_korean_subtitles_on_wcs_signature_series/e8lv3ks/

Was incontrol really claiming there are less Koreans interested in the wcs signature series than there are Italians? Italians who don't speak English, that is, to keep in line with the "well, your language doesn't matter, learn English" theme that incontrol is on.

Anyway, glad Blizzard stepped in and managed to find something of a solution for the WCS cast. Still pretty sad that this was a last minute rush job, but better than no job at all. And MC casting? I'm a bit jealous now. I'd trade about 7 of our English casters for having MC :D


Incontrol's a cool dude, but sometimes he makes some really stupid statements. I remember during the decline of sc2 he said that everything was fine because he got a raise.


cool douche from time to time, or most of the time..
Leader of the Bulgarian National SCBW/SC2 team and team pSi.SCBW/SC2
mosael
Profile Joined November 2018
2 Posts
November 01 2018 17:39 GMT
#229
On October 28 2018 17:51 Waxangel wrote:
Update: Oct 31

Blizzard has added additional casters to the Korean community stream to try and improve the BlizzCon experience for the Korean fans, but the original GSL casters will remain absent from the broadcast.




The Korean community has expressed its outrage over the state of Korean-language casting for this year's WCS Global Finals, where it appears that the familiar voices of the GSL will not be casting StarCraft II's most prestigious event.

GSL commentator JYP told TeamLiquid.net that "...we were contacted before BlizzCon. Were were told that there was no separate budget for production or appearance fees. AfreecaTV would have been able to provide production/talent appearance support. Howevevr, [WCS at BlizzCon] was an exclusive Twitch stream, so we were unable to."

Korean fans took to Reddit, looking to catch the attention of the US-located, English-speaking, Blizzard headquarters.

One post read: "crank TV is playing the broadcast during the opening period. and LuciaTV from the quarterfinals to the final. Crank is a former pro(but even thoght he is just a one of streamer ), while Lucia is just a large-scale streamer with little to do with Starcraft 2( She has held the Starcraft 2 tournament, but basically, she is a not a starcraft2 streamer) . There's no mention of broadcast with expert commentator at all While even the StarCraft remaster event games are sent to the official channel, it is unknown that the main event of the blizzcon, the StarCraft 2 finals, will not use the official bradcast.
...
There are people who devote for Starcraft 2.Among them, the on-poong media created by GSL broadcast team holding a lot of competitions. of starcraft2 Despite this passion, Blizzard says that will not be able to make a boradcast and It has been known a while ago that Blizzard korea proposed a non-paycheck broadcast to on-poong team. It sounds like an excuse that we couldn't afford the broadcasting team because we didn't have the budget now. I think Blizzard is being too unfair for the interests of its users and fans."


Postings on Korean community forums expressed their displeasure at Blizzard's promotion of the 2018 War Chests as 'supporting esports' while failing to provide the Korean community with the commentary they had become accustomed to all year.


yeah it suck aaaaa
NonY
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
8751 Posts
November 01 2018 18:14 GMT
#230
We were overwhelmed by the passion from the Korean StarCraft community for the #WCS Global Finals


This sounds like something an alien trying to mimic humanity would say. I can't picture the person who would respond to the feedback the Koreans have given with "I am overwhelmed by your passion." And in fact it's not just one person, but two or more!

Whoever's feelings were represented via the StarCraft eSports Twitter, I appreciate you baring yourself to the world. I hope you've recovered well enough to enjoy BlizzCon! And I'm sure that the Korean community is grateful for your poise and determination to put this together so quickly after being overwhelmed by their passion.
"Fucking up is part of it. If you can't fail, you have to always win. And I don't think you can always win." Elliott Smith ---------- Yet no sudden rage darkened his face, and his eyes were calm as they studied her. Then he smiled. 'Witness.'
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33706 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-11-01 18:23:57
November 01 2018 18:22 GMT
#231
Ultimately, it seems Blizzard was unwilling/unable to get the GSL casters to cast the Global Finals, but have tried make up for it by adding more community/pro casters and upping the quality of the community stream. Is it going to be enough to please the Korean StarCraft II community?
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
Dave4
Profile Joined August 2018
494 Posts
November 01 2018 19:21 GMT
#232
On November 02 2018 03:22 Waxangel wrote:
Ultimately, it seems Blizzard was unwilling/unable to get the GSL casters to cast the Global Finals, but have tried make up for it by adding more community/pro casters and upping the quality of the community stream. Is it going to be enough to please the Korean StarCraft II community?

It improves the situation but I think the discontent will remain. We would be pretty bummed if Tastosis weren't casting.
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18453 Posts
November 01 2018 21:03 GMT
#233
On November 02 2018 04:21 Dave4 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2018 03:22 Waxangel wrote:
Ultimately, it seems Blizzard was unwilling/unable to get the GSL casters to cast the Global Finals, but have tried make up for it by adding more community/pro casters and upping the quality of the community stream. Is it going to be enough to please the Korean StarCraft II community?

It improves the situation but I think the discontent will remain. We would be pretty bummed if Tastosis weren't casting.

I dunno. Yes. But if we got MC instead? I'd take it!
-NegativeZero-
Profile Joined August 2011
United States2142 Posts
November 01 2018 21:15 GMT
#234
On November 02 2018 03:14 NonY wrote:
Show nested quote +
We were overwhelmed by the passion from the Korean StarCraft community for the #WCS Global Finals


This sounds like something an alien trying to mimic humanity would say. I can't picture the person who would respond to the feedback the Koreans have given with "I am overwhelmed by your passion." And in fact it's not just one person, but two or more!

Whoever's feelings were represented via the StarCraft eSports Twitter, I appreciate you baring yourself to the world. I hope you've recovered well enough to enjoy BlizzCon! And I'm sure that the Korean community is grateful for your poise and determination to put this together so quickly after being overwhelmed by their passion.

i mean, they're not going to straight up say "yeah you guys complained loudly enough, nice job" lol, they've gotta spin it in a more positive way...
vibeo gane,
AntiHack
Profile Joined January 2009
Switzerland553 Posts
November 01 2018 23:55 GMT
#235
On November 01 2018 08:40 Waxangel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2018 21:31 Rodya wrote:
On October 30 2018 06:10 Nathanias wrote:
On October 29 2018 02:58 AntiHack wrote:
On October 28 2018 23:01 Rodya wrote:
By the way, I find it telling that people tell Koreans to "just watch the English stream, whats the big deal?" and at the same time say that it's fine that the English commentarys have a massive foreigner bias in their analysis/commentary "because it's the english/foreigner stream".

I will never understand the contempt some people in the community have for Koreans. I think that everyone who actually got decent at any esport looked up to many Koreans, and so would be incapable of such feelings. My guess is that this is a very telling analysis.

I guess ppl like Nathanias saying "F**k Korea" basically every 2 streams doesn't help


What? I don't have anything against Koreans. The only community in StarCraft that I dump on is BW Elitists because they deserve it. Anyone could have easily just been fans of both games and recognized a united scene is better than a divided one. Thanks for playing though!

How about you dont flame people who like BW but not SC2? Is that unreasonable? Flash is the greatest RTS player of all time and its logically impossible for a SC2 player to steal that throne.

Also it would be nice if one caster said something about this in support of Korea. Instead all we have had is Incontrol saying that Korea doesnt deserve commentary (on reddit). I hope Artosis at least says something, he's the only one I trust.


you can't use "logically" in place of "in my opinion," m8

gonna have to handing out some warnings if you keep presenting what are very clearly subjective opinions as fact.


RTS is a let's say, more noble genre then MOBAs, it need history, it need legends it need to have the meta changed by great geniuses and champions, not expansions and updates
"I am very tired of your grammar errors" - Zoler[MB]
almightytivi
Profile Joined April 2018
22 Posts
November 02 2018 01:38 GMT
#236
There are so many koreans in other countries I want to share starcraft with, but there's not a quality korean broadcast for me to do so for Blizzcon. That's really sad. Blizzard owes korean players and fans... Starcraft as an esport would not exist without them. It is also really sad for the korean players' family and friends to not have a korean broadcasting team.

User was warned for this post
Malongo
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Chile3479 Posts
November 02 2018 02:58 GMT
#237
On November 01 2018 18:53 BlueStar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2018 18:38 Acrofales wrote:
On November 01 2018 18:06 sunnyshine wrote:
On November 01 2018 15:54 Azzur wrote:
On October 31 2018 21:31 Rodya wrote:
On October 30 2018 06:10 Nathanias wrote:
On October 29 2018 02:58 AntiHack wrote:
On October 28 2018 23:01 Rodya wrote:
By the way, I find it telling that people tell Koreans to "just watch the English stream, whats the big deal?" and at the same time say that it's fine that the English commentarys have a massive foreigner bias in their analysis/commentary "because it's the english/foreigner stream".

I will never understand the contempt some people in the community have for Koreans. I think that everyone who actually got decent at any esport looked up to many Koreans, and so would be incapable of such feelings. My guess is that this is a very telling analysis.

I guess ppl like Nathanias saying "F**k Korea" basically every 2 streams doesn't help


What? I don't have anything against Koreans. The only community in StarCraft that I dump on is BW Elitists because they deserve it. Anyone could have easily just been fans of both games and recognized a united scene is better than a divided one. Thanks for playing though!

How about you dont flame people who like BW but not SC2? Is that unreasonable? Flash is the greatest RTS player of all time and its logically impossible for a SC2 player to steal that throne.

Also it would be nice if one caster said something about this in support of Korea. Instead all we have had is Incontrol saying that Korea doesnt deserve commentary (on reddit). I hope Artosis at least says something, he's the only one I trust.

Referencing the bold text... I tried to look for this but couldn't find it. Do you have the link?


He's probably referring to this thread complaining about no korean subtitles for the signature series:
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/9s3d5s/no_korean_subtitles_on_wcs_signature_series/e8lv3ks/

Was incontrol really claiming there are less Koreans interested in the wcs signature series than there are Italians? Italians who don't speak English, that is, to keep in line with the "well, your language doesn't matter, learn English" theme that incontrol is on.

Anyway, glad Blizzard stepped in and managed to find something of a solution for the WCS cast. Still pretty sad that this was a last minute rush job, but better than no job at all. And MC casting? I'm a bit jealous now. I'd trade about 7 of our English casters for having MC :D


I'd trade the whole English production if MC is casting the event!


Incontrol really dropped the ball in that post imo. You just can´t blame it on not having enough korean viewers while having half the players from Korea. It is actually insulting because he is one of the commentators and gets away with his irony.

("In fact, all languages were excluded. Makes me sad for our Japanese viewers ")
Help me! im still improving my English. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. M. G.
Parcelleus
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia1662 Posts
November 02 2018 07:50 GMT
#238
Also, Korean players are playing the QFs at 3-4am korean time.

Gee that should not hinder them at all.
*burp*
Deleuze
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United Kingdom2102 Posts
November 02 2018 13:25 GMT
#239
On November 02 2018 06:03 Acrofales wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2018 04:21 Dave4 wrote:
On November 02 2018 03:22 Waxangel wrote:
Ultimately, it seems Blizzard was unwilling/unable to get the GSL casters to cast the Global Finals, but have tried make up for it by adding more community/pro casters and upping the quality of the community stream. Is it going to be enough to please the Korean StarCraft II community?

It improves the situation but I think the discontent will remain. We would be pretty bummed if Tastosis weren't casting.

I dunno. Yes. But if we got MC instead? I'd take it!


Yeah - MC casting in English would be pretty rad
“An image of thought called philosophy has been formed historically and it effectively stops people from thinking.” ― Gilles Deleuze, Dialogues II
Dangermousecatdog
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom7084 Posts
November 02 2018 16:16 GMT
#240
Leenock can speak English pretty well as well. At this point I rather watch only MC and Leenock cast in English. There's really no reason why there would be an English caster for each and every EU / NA player anyways. It makes no sense.
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech6
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 401
Horang2 303
Larva 257
EffOrt 180
Mind 76
Hyun 62
scan(afreeca) 51
NotJumperer 42
Killer 40
Bale 38
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 37
Sharp 35
sorry 35
Shinee 22
Sacsri 13
Hm[arnc] 13
Pusan 13
Barracks 6
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto110
League of Legends
JimRising 415
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1209
edward536
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King110
Other Games
summit1g8077
ceh9649
Happy319
crisheroes199
Sick175
dupreeh65
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick594
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2271
League of Legends
• Jankos1204
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
32m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1h 32m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
14h 32m
Patches Events
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.