• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:38
CEST 10:38
KST 17:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8503 users

Korean community outrage over BlizzCon casting - Page 11

Forum Index > SC2 General
246 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 Next All
rotta
Profile Joined December 2011
5653 Posts
October 30 2018 17:37 GMT
#201
On October 31 2018 02:25 Acrofales wrote:
Wow, and I thought the EN production was bad. At least we had casters...

We sure did...


No wonder there was nothing left for KR.
don't wall off against random
DSK
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
England1110 Posts
October 30 2018 19:22 GMT
#202
Disappointed that the Korean audience isn't getting the love that foreign fans do for Afreeca/GSL tournaments. Hesitant to say much more because there's not a whole lot more of information on the subject.
**@ YT: SC2POVs at https://www.youtube.com/c/SC2POVsTV | https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/SC2POVs @**
Trozz
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada3456 Posts
October 30 2018 19:56 GMT
#203
Gross situation.
I blame the blizz CEO.
It’s the Brak show now.
A build is not a guess, an estimation or a hunch, a feeling, or a foolish intuition. A build is a dependable, unwavering, unarguably accurate, portrayer of your ambition.
JoeCool
Profile Joined January 2012
Germany2520 Posts
October 30 2018 20:25 GMT
#204
On October 31 2018 02:37 rotta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2018 02:25 Acrofales wrote:
Wow, and I thought the EN production was bad. At least we had casters...

We sure did...
https://twitter.com/Stoochie2Timez/status/1056962274290618368

No wonder there was nothing left for KR.


Yeah I was wondering the same when I saw how many casters we have. Not just because has no casters but because I thinkt its ridiculous that we have 8 (7 without nathan) casters for 16 players.
Zephyp
Profile Joined April 2013
238 Posts
October 31 2018 05:47 GMT
#205
It's a real shame that the community that built the foundations of SC2 isn't given a better Blizzcon. I don't understand wht, has anyone from Blizzard commented on this? Especially when the English cast gets eight casters. I don't mind some variety, but four would be fine. Casters that don't do SC2 outside of Blizzcon could've been replaced by casters that normally do.
Rodya
Profile Joined January 2018
546 Posts
October 31 2018 12:31 GMT
#206
On October 30 2018 06:10 Nathanias wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2018 02:58 AntiHack wrote:
On October 28 2018 23:01 Rodya wrote:
By the way, I find it telling that people tell Koreans to "just watch the English stream, whats the big deal?" and at the same time say that it's fine that the English commentarys have a massive foreigner bias in their analysis/commentary "because it's the english/foreigner stream".

I will never understand the contempt some people in the community have for Koreans. I think that everyone who actually got decent at any esport looked up to many Koreans, and so would be incapable of such feelings. My guess is that this is a very telling analysis.

I guess ppl like Nathanias saying "F**k Korea" basically every 2 streams doesn't help


What? I don't have anything against Koreans. The only community in StarCraft that I dump on is BW Elitists because they deserve it. Anyone could have easily just been fans of both games and recognized a united scene is better than a divided one. Thanks for playing though!

How about you dont flame people who like BW but not SC2? Is that unreasonable? Flash is the greatest RTS player of all time and its logically impossible for a SC2 player to steal that throne.

Also it would be nice if one caster said something about this in support of Korea. Instead all we have had is Incontrol saying that Korea doesnt deserve commentary (on reddit). I hope Artosis at least says something, he's the only one I trust.
Banned for saying "zerg players are by far the biggest whiners in sc2 history" despite the fact that this forum is full of such posts about Terrans. Foreigner Elitists in control!
deacon.frost
Profile Joined February 2013
Czech Republic12134 Posts
October 31 2018 12:57 GMT
#207
On October 31 2018 21:31 Rodya wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2018 06:10 Nathanias wrote:
On October 29 2018 02:58 AntiHack wrote:
On October 28 2018 23:01 Rodya wrote:
By the way, I find it telling that people tell Koreans to "just watch the English stream, whats the big deal?" and at the same time say that it's fine that the English commentarys have a massive foreigner bias in their analysis/commentary "because it's the english/foreigner stream".

I will never understand the contempt some people in the community have for Koreans. I think that everyone who actually got decent at any esport looked up to many Koreans, and so would be incapable of such feelings. My guess is that this is a very telling analysis.

I guess ppl like Nathanias saying "F**k Korea" basically every 2 streams doesn't help


What? I don't have anything against Koreans. The only community in StarCraft that I dump on is BW Elitists because they deserve it. Anyone could have easily just been fans of both games and recognized a united scene is better than a divided one. Thanks for playing though!

How about you dont flame people who like BW but not SC2? Is that unreasonable? Flash is the greatest RTS player of all time and its logically impossible for a SC2 player to steal that throne.

Also it would be nice if one caster said something about this in support of Korea. Instead all we have had is Incontrol saying that Korea doesnt deserve commentary (on reddit). I hope Artosis at least says something, he's the only one I trust.

Greatest RTS player of all time couldn't dominate SC2 which is an RTS. Somethings wrong with the statement Either SC2 isn't an RTS or ...
I imagine France should be able to take this unless Lilbow is busy practicing for Starcraft III. | KadaverBB is my fairy ban mother.
KR_4EVR
Profile Joined July 2017
316 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-10-31 23:28:22
October 31 2018 23:28 GMT
#208
On October 31 2018 21:57 deacon.frost wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2018 21:31 Rodya wrote:
On October 30 2018 06:10 Nathanias wrote:
On October 29 2018 02:58 AntiHack wrote:
On October 28 2018 23:01 Rodya wrote:
By the way, I find it telling that people tell Koreans to "just watch the English stream, whats the big deal?" and at the same time say that it's fine that the English commentarys have a massive foreigner bias in their analysis/commentary "because it's the english/foreigner stream".

I will never understand the contempt some people in the community have for Koreans. I think that everyone who actually got decent at any esport looked up to many Koreans, and so would be incapable of such feelings. My guess is that this is a very telling analysis.

I guess ppl like Nathanias saying "F**k Korea" basically every 2 streams doesn't help


What? I don't have anything against Koreans. The only community in StarCraft that I dump on is BW Elitists because they deserve it. Anyone could have easily just been fans of both games and recognized a united scene is better than a divided one. Thanks for playing though!

How about you dont flame people who like BW but not SC2? Is that unreasonable? Flash is the greatest RTS player of all time and its logically impossible for a SC2 player to steal that throne.

Also it would be nice if one caster said something about this in support of Korea. Instead all we have had is Incontrol saying that Korea doesnt deserve commentary (on reddit). I hope Artosis at least says something, he's the only one I trust.

Greatest RTS player of all time couldn't dominate SC2 which is an RTS. Somethings wrong with the statement Either SC2 isn't an RTS or ...



Last I checked, Flash is an Adobe macromedia player, not an RTS player.
Et tu Brute ?
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33706 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-10-31 23:42:02
October 31 2018 23:40 GMT
#209
On October 31 2018 21:31 Rodya wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2018 06:10 Nathanias wrote:
On October 29 2018 02:58 AntiHack wrote:
On October 28 2018 23:01 Rodya wrote:
By the way, I find it telling that people tell Koreans to "just watch the English stream, whats the big deal?" and at the same time say that it's fine that the English commentarys have a massive foreigner bias in their analysis/commentary "because it's the english/foreigner stream".

I will never understand the contempt some people in the community have for Koreans. I think that everyone who actually got decent at any esport looked up to many Koreans, and so would be incapable of such feelings. My guess is that this is a very telling analysis.

I guess ppl like Nathanias saying "F**k Korea" basically every 2 streams doesn't help


What? I don't have anything against Koreans. The only community in StarCraft that I dump on is BW Elitists because they deserve it. Anyone could have easily just been fans of both games and recognized a united scene is better than a divided one. Thanks for playing though!

How about you dont flame people who like BW but not SC2? Is that unreasonable? Flash is the greatest RTS player of all time and its logically impossible for a SC2 player to steal that throne.

Also it would be nice if one caster said something about this in support of Korea. Instead all we have had is Incontrol saying that Korea doesnt deserve commentary (on reddit). I hope Artosis at least says something, he's the only one I trust.


you can't use "logically" in place of "in my opinion," m8

gonna have to handing out some warnings if you keep presenting what are very clearly subjective opinions as fact.
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
Malongo
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Chile3479 Posts
November 01 2018 03:44 GMT
#210
On October 31 2018 21:31 Rodya wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2018 06:10 Nathanias wrote:
On October 29 2018 02:58 AntiHack wrote:
On October 28 2018 23:01 Rodya wrote:
By the way, I find it telling that people tell Koreans to "just watch the English stream, whats the big deal?" and at the same time say that it's fine that the English commentarys have a massive foreigner bias in their analysis/commentary "because it's the english/foreigner stream".

I will never understand the contempt some people in the community have for Koreans. I think that everyone who actually got decent at any esport looked up to many Koreans, and so would be incapable of such feelings. My guess is that this is a very telling analysis.

I guess ppl like Nathanias saying "F**k Korea" basically every 2 streams doesn't help


What? I don't have anything against Koreans. The only community in StarCraft that I dump on is BW Elitists because they deserve it. Anyone could have easily just been fans of both games and recognized a united scene is better than a divided one. Thanks for playing though!

How about you dont flame people who like BW but not SC2? Is that unreasonable? Flash is the greatest RTS player of all time and its logically impossible for a SC2 player to steal that throne.

Also it would be nice if one caster said something about this in support of Korea.

Instead all we have had is Incontrol saying that Korea doesnt deserve commentary (on reddit).

I hope Artosis at least says something, he's the only one I trust.


Link to that please, that can´t be true.

Help me! im still improving my English. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. M. G.
Kalera
Profile Joined January 2018
United States338 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-11-01 03:50:48
November 01 2018 03:47 GMT
#211
https://twitter.com/esportstarcraft/status/1057830987936059392?s=21
We were overwhelmed by the passion from the Korean StarCraft community for the #WCS Global Finals, and have worked alongside LuciaTV to improve the broadcast.

Now to be held in VSL studio w/ GoliathMonster, Ragnarok, MC & Leenock; all community casters helping SC2 grow in Korea

Looks like a step in the right direction. Still would have been nice if they could have worked something out with the professional Korean casting team, but it's too late for that now.
OkStyX
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Canada1199 Posts
November 01 2018 04:36 GMT
#212
On October 28 2018 18:40 Charoisaur wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2018 18:38 DarkGamer wrote:
english is THE language all over the world.

it isn't


No but it is basically the trade language, I get what he is saying even if I do believe koreans should get their own casting!
Team Overklocked Gaming! That man is the noblest creature may be inferred from the fact that no other creature has contested this claim. - G.C. Lichtenberg
FrostedMiniWheats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30730 Posts
November 01 2018 05:46 GMT
#213
MC and Leenock cast you say? Might watch some of that instead :p
NesTea | Mvp | MC | Leenock | Losira | Gumiho | DRG | Taeja | Jinro | Stephano | Thorzain | Sen | Idra |Polt | Bomber | Symbol | Squirtle | Fantasy | Jaedong | Maru | sOs | Seed | ByuN | ByuL | Neeb| Scarlett | Rogue | IM forever
Azzur
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia6267 Posts
November 01 2018 06:52 GMT
#214
Yeah, when I tuned in on the english stream, the one thing i was thinking to myself... well, they sure had a lot of casters! Didn't realise that it was at the expense of korean ones...
Azzur
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia6267 Posts
November 01 2018 06:54 GMT
#215
On October 31 2018 21:31 Rodya wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2018 06:10 Nathanias wrote:
On October 29 2018 02:58 AntiHack wrote:
On October 28 2018 23:01 Rodya wrote:
By the way, I find it telling that people tell Koreans to "just watch the English stream, whats the big deal?" and at the same time say that it's fine that the English commentarys have a massive foreigner bias in their analysis/commentary "because it's the english/foreigner stream".

I will never understand the contempt some people in the community have for Koreans. I think that everyone who actually got decent at any esport looked up to many Koreans, and so would be incapable of such feelings. My guess is that this is a very telling analysis.

I guess ppl like Nathanias saying "F**k Korea" basically every 2 streams doesn't help


What? I don't have anything against Koreans. The only community in StarCraft that I dump on is BW Elitists because they deserve it. Anyone could have easily just been fans of both games and recognized a united scene is better than a divided one. Thanks for playing though!

How about you dont flame people who like BW but not SC2? Is that unreasonable? Flash is the greatest RTS player of all time and its logically impossible for a SC2 player to steal that throne.

Also it would be nice if one caster said something about this in support of Korea. Instead all we have had is Incontrol saying that Korea doesnt deserve commentary (on reddit). I hope Artosis at least says something, he's the only one I trust.

Referencing the bold text... I tried to look for this but couldn't find it. Do you have the link?
nanaoei
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
3358 Posts
November 01 2018 07:09 GMT
#216
you guys are quite silly to say they are funding foreign commentary over korean because of warchest support.
it takes a special type of dense for that to be the only reason.
*@boesthius' FF7 nostalgia stream bomb* "we should work on a 'Final Progamer' fangame»whitera can be a protagonist---lastlie: "we save world and then defense it"
Zephyp
Profile Joined April 2013
238 Posts
November 01 2018 07:15 GMT
#217
On October 28 2018 17:51 Waxangel wrote:
GSL commentator JYP told TeamLiquid.net that "...we were contacted before BlizzCon. Were were told that there was no separate budget for production or appearance fees. AfreecaTV would have been able to provide production/talent appearance support. Howevevr, [WCS at BlizzCon] was an exclusive Twitch stream, so we were unable to."

I'm a bit confused by this. Does that mean the Afreeca team can't participate because of lack of funding or because they can't be part of a Twitch-exclusive event?
fronkschnonk
Profile Joined November 2011
Germany622 Posts
November 01 2018 07:45 GMT
#218
On November 01 2018 16:15 Zephyp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2018 17:51 Waxangel wrote:
GSL commentator JYP told TeamLiquid.net that "...we were contacted before BlizzCon. Were were told that there was no separate budget for production or appearance fees. AfreecaTV would have been able to provide production/talent appearance support. Howevevr, [WCS at BlizzCon] was an exclusive Twitch stream, so we were unable to."

I'm a bit confused by this. Does that mean the Afreeca team can't participate because of lack of funding or because they can't be part of a Twitch-exclusive event?

As far as I understand: Blizzard made a twitch-exclusive deal for Blizz-SC2 events years ago. It also mismanaged to fund a korean cast but afreeca would've jumped in funding their casters by themselves. But afreeca would obviously only do this if they could stream it via their own streaming network afreeca.tv. But they can't because of the twitch-exclusiveness of Blizzcon.
I don't blame Blizzard for the twitch-exclusiveness. Such a situation hardly could've been foreseen back then, when afreeca was a minor player. But not planning for a public korean cast and then being unable to react quickly and fly two casters in ... that's sad.
Furthermore, I consider that some kind of Code A must be reestablished.
nukkuj
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Finland403 Posts
November 01 2018 07:54 GMT
#219
suits ruin the world
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-11-01 08:35:19
November 01 2018 08:02 GMT
#220
On November 01 2018 12:47 Kalera wrote:
https://twitter.com/esportstarcraft/status/1057830987936059392?s=21
Show nested quote +
We were overwhelmed by the passion from the Korean StarCraft community for the #WCS Global Finals, and have worked alongside LuciaTV to improve the broadcast.

Now to be held in VSL studio w/ GoliathMonster, Ragnarok, MC & Leenock; all community casters helping SC2 grow in Korea

Looks like a step in the right direction. Still would have been nice if they could have worked something out with the professional Korean casting team, but it's too late for that now.


It's not perfect, but they were never gonna fly in the casters last minute or fix the twitch vs afreeca thing on the spot.

That they are at least acknowledging it and improved something is a start.
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 466
Larva 133
Hyun 54
Killer 41
NotJumperer 41
scan(afreeca) 40
Bale 31
ajuk12(nOOB) 16
Hm[arnc] 12
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto124
League of Legends
JimRising 484
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1225
edward484
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King107
Other Games
summit1g7555
Coldzera 708
ceh9600
Happy384
crisheroes150
Sick141
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick566
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2302
League of Legends
• Jankos1050
• Stunt361
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 23m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2h 23m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
15h 23m
Patches Events
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.