• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:56
CEST 11:56
KST 18:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12410 users

The Mvp Dynasty - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
110 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
geokilla
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada8255 Posts
July 18 2016 20:50 GMT
#21
Strong title, weak article.
Silvana
Profile Blog Joined September 2013
3713 Posts
July 18 2016 20:53 GMT
#22
I didn't know about Starcraft during Mvp's reign, I am so late to the party that I didn't see him play. Still enjoyed the read =)

Stuchiu so great and famous he even has haters!
fireforce7
Profile Joined June 2010
United States334 Posts
July 18 2016 20:59 GMT
#23
I wanna see this guy play again...:'(
I'm terranfying
Creager
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany1962 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-18 21:17:16
July 18 2016 21:16 GMT
#24
Jürgen, the only bonjwa SC2 has seen so far.
... einmal mit Profis spielen!
royalroadweed
Profile Joined April 2013
United States8301 Posts
July 18 2016 21:18 GMT
#25
Ummm.....INnoVation?
"Nerfing Toss can just make them stronger"
Riner1212
Profile Joined November 2012
United States337 Posts
July 18 2016 21:33 GMT
#26
MVP will always be remembered as the bonjwa of sc2
Sjow "pretty ez life as protoss"
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-18 21:43:33
July 18 2016 21:43 GMT
#27
On July 19 2016 05:53 Silvana wrote:
I didn't know about Starcraft during Mvp's reign, I am so late to the party that I didn't see him play. Still enjoyed the read =)

Stuchiu so great and famous he even has haters!


Oh man you missed out. MVP is easily my favorite Terran and was sad he just retired. One of the very very few non zergs I liked and would even root for him against Zergs (rare for me to do! They couldn't be my favorite zergs though ).
When I think of something else, something will go here
fezvez
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
France3021 Posts
July 18 2016 21:51 GMT
#28
Kinda short, and I somewhat agree with the criticism (did he really dominate 2012?)

Honestly, for an article titled "The MVP dynasty" (instead of "Mvp dynasty"...), I expected more about his breakthrough in how to play Terran, in how he was emulated and copied, how he is the only guy with 4 GSL wins (I think?), etc...
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
July 18 2016 22:13 GMT
#29
On July 19 2016 04:37 Elentos wrote:
I love Mvp as much as the next guy, but how many more articles about him do we need? His entry in The Greatest of All Time said everything that needed to be said.


Not the writer fault if there isn't any worthwhile stories being written by the current players nowadays.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-18 22:33:16
July 18 2016 22:23 GMT
#30
On July 19 2016 07:13 Noocta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2016 04:37 Elentos wrote:
I love Mvp as much as the next guy, but how many more articles about him do we need? His entry in The Greatest of All Time said everything that needed to be said.


Not the writer fault if there isn't any worthwhile stories being written by the current players nowadays.

He could just not write a new article until something comes up instead of recycling a topic he's already extensively covered.

Besides, I'm pretty sure stuchiu still has articles about other topics done that haven't been released yet.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-18 22:36:57
July 18 2016 22:35 GMT
#31
On July 19 2016 07:13 Noocta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2016 04:37 Elentos wrote:
I love Mvp as much as the next guy, but how many more articles about him do we need? His entry in The Greatest of All Time said everything that needed to be said.


Not the writer fault if there isn't any worthwhile stories being written by the current players nowadays.

There is always a story to find. If you are skilled enough (i think stuchiu is) you should be able to connect the dots to a meaningful story, even if it isn't about an era of dominance.

I will quote my last post and hope someone bites, because i would be interested to see some other opinions on that :>

Show nested quote +
On July 19 2016 04:40 SHODAN wrote:
On July 19 2016 04:10 The_Red_Viper wrote:
I don't understand how you can define 2012 as part of Mvp's reign tbh. You could even make a point about some poor performance in 2011, but i don't wanna go that far.


If you are only looking at his results, I agree... Mvp was not particularly dominant in 2012. but I can't stress enough how much he shaped the meta in that time. 2012 is the year Mvp pioneered and developed mech vZ. he destroyed all the patch zergs at IEM Cologne, despite the advantage of infestor/brood lord. Mvp almost beat Life with his mech style in the S4 GSL finals.

even though Mvp's mechanics were inferior to most players in code S, he still managed to get 1st and 2nd place. every terran player was copying his builds and tactics right until the end of WoL. his understanding of the game was light years ahead of every one else. well experienced and an expert in mind games... strong mentality that never weakened under any situation... a man who had the balls of steel to 2 rax bunker rush in a GSL finals... that is why Mvp is called king of wings.


Well yeah i hink results are kinda important tbh :D I am not saying he didn't do anything in 2012, but i don't see how it would ever count as part of his dominance. I think that statement is quite absurd.

I also don't agree with "innovations" being a factor because it's hardly tangible. All we can say is if a player was succesfull with a particular style, giving credit on top of that for something we have no idea about is questionable imo.

At the end of the day you need results, Mvp had some good results in 2012 but not nearly good enough for it to be called dominant i think.

The funny thing is if we look at 2011 you could argue that he didn't really dominate the whole year either, considering that after his GSL win in January he had rather poor results till august (yes he won that wc thing, but the rest wasn't that amazing)
So just from looking at the results in liquipedia i could even say this: Mvp was dominant Agust 2011 - January 2012. 6 months


Is that too hard of a judgement? Why?
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
Silvana
Profile Blog Joined September 2013
3713 Posts
July 18 2016 22:47 GMT
#32
On July 19 2016 07:35 The_Red_Viper wrote:
[...]


haha you're that bored that you're looking for a fight? I'll help you pick up one quite fast:

SOS SUCKS MARU SUCKS JIN AIR WORST KT
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-18 23:25:37
July 18 2016 22:47 GMT
#33
Yeah MVP's reign was in 2011- he's only the greatest player because he managed to defy all odds again and again in his career after that- such as his GSL win, 2nd place to Life, and that one WCS run he did in 2013 where he beat innovation.

But his accomplishments in 2012 are the anomalies in that year- which makes them special. He was not dominating by any means.

I watched SC2 since beta reguarly and heavily up until late 2013, so I remember all the relative strengths of players at different times. I feel like I've been reading a lot in the few things I read now on teamliquid which are trying to repaint the past in a more romantic light.

Also can we remember that even though I might say that during one timeframe no one has dominated as much as MVP ( and that might be true)- let's not forget that while he was great in TvT and TvZ during his reign in 2011 his TvP was always mediocore and that's where he often lost.
danl9rm
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States3111 Posts
July 18 2016 23:01 GMT
#34
Not trying to offend here, but it really detracts from the quality of the article when there are so many grammatical mistakes. It makes it seem like a 2nd rate effort was given.

I disliked MVP so much back then but I accept him now. I wish he could've been able to practice like he wanted. In my opinion, it's true, no one dominated like he did. He was on another level.
"Science has so well established that the preborn baby in the womb is a living human being that most pro-choice activists have conceded the point. ..since the abortion proponents have lost the science argument, they are now advocating an existential one."
sa1Ko
Profile Joined July 2015
Argentina99 Posts
July 18 2016 23:32 GMT
#35
good article stuch
fx9
Profile Joined November 2013
117 Posts
July 18 2016 23:33 GMT
#36
Yawn, another weak attempt to include Taeja into GOAT conversation....
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
July 18 2016 23:45 GMT
#37
On July 19 2016 07:47 Silvana wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2016 07:35 The_Red_Viper wrote:
[...]


haha you're that bored that you're looking for a fight? I'll help you pick up one quite fast:

SOS SUCKS MARU SUCKS JIN AIR WORST KT

No i am looking to argue about the statements made in the article instead of either saying "wow stuchiu you are the best" or "wow stuchiu you suck"
I am not interested in either of those two tbh


I don't think there is any value to these articles if it isn't dicsussed afterwards, stuchiu's word isn't inherently correct/wrong.

IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
Garemie
Profile Joined April 2011
United States248 Posts
July 19 2016 00:11 GMT
#38
gg Mvp.

Thanks Stuchiu
Bomber | CJ herO | Snute
IMSupervisor
Profile Joined June 2016
Australia138 Posts
July 19 2016 00:42 GMT
#39
On July 19 2016 08:45 The_Red_Viper wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2016 07:47 Silvana wrote:
On July 19 2016 07:35 The_Red_Viper wrote:
[...]


haha you're that bored that you're looking for a fight? I'll help you pick up one quite fast:

SOS SUCKS MARU SUCKS JIN AIR WORST KT

No i am looking to argue about the statements made in the article instead of either saying "wow stuchiu you are the best" or "wow stuchiu you suck"
I am not interested in either of those two tbh


I don't think there is any value to these articles if it isn't dicsussed afterwards, stuchiu's word isn't inherently correct/wrong.



Do you also hold that opinion for novels? Poems? Textbooks? Of course people find value in reading.
NihilisticGod
Profile Joined March 2011
Northern Ireland174 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-19 00:57:25
July 19 2016 00:50 GMT
#40
I miss him from the scene. I miss how you usually saw something new when you watched one of Mvp's series. Then you saw every other terran doing it. I miss how he crushed MarineKingPrime's dreams almost effortlessly, denying him every time they met. I miss his tenacity, it always made for the most exciting games. He had (and subsequently has) no equal. He reigned supreme as the King of Wings. His team shirt heavy with GSL gold champion pins.

Thanks for the reminder Stuchiu. Oh yea, also I remember when his physical condition wasn't great he just busted out the multi cheese in every series to win a GSL, that was pretty epic.

Ah we may never see his like again.

oh i forgot to mention how much I loved that he was still ridiculously good even when the Terran race wasn't, he was like a meta machine forging his own way
Too weird to live... too rare to die.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 7230
Horang2 553
Hyuk 445
BeSt 442
Stork 164
sorry 107
Killer 95
Pusan 76
Shinee 71
Hyun 69
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 60
Bonyth 49
Snow 48
Bale 36
Hm[arnc] 31
Mind 24
JYJ 21
Sacsri 17
Noble 8
Dota 2
XcaliburYe4
League of Legends
JimRising 489
Other Games
gofns33891
singsing2018
ArmadaUGS78
Mew2King76
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick663
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream165
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 54
• Adnapsc2 22
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2304
League of Legends
• Lourlo1368
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4m
CranKy Ducklings12
INu's Battles
2h 4m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
5h 4m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 4m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 4m
Replay Cast
13h 4m
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 1h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.