• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:26
CEST 05:26
KST 12:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7975 users

Life arrested/taken into custody and under investigation -…

Forum Index > SC2 General
911 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 46 Next All
We know this is a crazy and sensitive issue, especially since Life is the most high profile player to be caught up in an "investigation". But please stay calm and refrain from slandering players until we have more information. Egregious posts will be dealt with accordingly.

PLEASE READ THE OP BEFORE POSTING
Penev
Profile Joined October 2012
28536 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-29 17:21:33
January 29 2016 17:18 GMT
#461
On January 30 2016 02:12 pure.Wasted wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2016 01:59 Thouhastmail wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:45 pure.Wasted wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:24 Zealously wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:15 pure.Wasted wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:08 Penev wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:06 pure.Wasted wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:02 Penev wrote:
On January 30 2016 00:59 Tiaraju9 wrote:
The foreigner scene all worried about the korean scene while half of these fuckers are probably matchfixing.

I know this is a stupid thing to say but the whole situation is so obnoxious.

bye


Bye? Rekrul basically confirmed this to be the case months ago.

I've just been happy to bury my head in the sand since the PRIME scandal, and just hope it would all magically go away if we stopped talking about it.

Am I missing a joke or something? How is it acceptable to say "half of these fuckers are probably matchfixing"?

:-S


It's not a joke. Rekrul said that match fixing is rampant in SC2, more than it ever was in BW. Two dudes and their coach is not rampant.

I agree that the post was insensitive, but... eh...

Whatever, I'm still hoping for the best, somehow.


I don't know why people put so much faith in what Rekrul says


Well what about Olimo? She's deeply invested in the scene and my impression was that she was totally aboard the Rekrul train. She seemed very disappoited that the investigation stopped where it did. And I remember a couple of foreigners saying that when they were in Korea, match fixing was an open secret. Maybe they were just looking for attention. Olimo + Rekrul seems hard to shake.


Remember that she just threw some random name and trotted excuses out when people demanded proof.

Oh, did I say that an innocent streamer was screwed up because of this?


Well what proof could she possibly have? I know for a fact that my friend went to play tennis yesterday, but I don't have any proof that would stand up in court. If she has heard a lot of players talk about it in the open I can imagine her frustration finally leading to an "outburst" When the SC2 scandal broke, and then she realizes that what she has probably isn't worth anything and despite the scandal, very little/nothing is going to change. I'm not saying this is the only possible interpretation of events, but it seems very plausible to me.

That's what I thought/ think about that as well.

Wouldn't it be possible the prosecution did this to all people who got voided bets on their matches btw? Only this time it became public because Life had to play. Wolf's tweet seems to suggest that.
I Protoss winner, could it be?
Sapphire.lux
Profile Joined July 2010
Romania2620 Posts
January 29 2016 17:19 GMT
#462
On January 30 2016 02:07 goody153 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2016 01:57 neurego7647 wrote:
As korean I will tell about interesting information about this incident(forgive my awkward english sentences)

The point is the location of prosecutor's office: Changwon office

All korean e-sports matches are played in Seoul because influence of Seoul as capital is absolute like Paris.
But Life is interrogated in Changwon, not Seoul.

Changwon is quite far from Seoul. It is far more than 400km(=250 miles), But Changwon is quitecclose from Life's hometown.

But most interesting thing is Changwon prosecutor's office is specialized in investigating Match Fixing.
Most Sports(soccer,baseball,basketball,volleyball,starcraft...... )Match-fixing investigation have done in Changwon

That's why korean fans are suspecting Life's Match-fixing


interesting

Very.

I would hate to think that it's true, but i agree with a 0 tolerance attitude for this sort of thing.
Head Coach Park: "They should buff tanks!"
royalroadweed
Profile Joined April 2013
United States8301 Posts
January 29 2016 17:19 GMT
#463
I really hope nothing comes of this. I don't think I can stand another savior scenario.
"Nerfing Toss can just make them stronger"
Saechiis
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands4989 Posts
January 29 2016 17:21 GMT
#464
On January 30 2016 01:50 Harem wrote:
At least we can all take solace in the fact that Roro has always been innocent and never did anything wrong.


RorO? Slayer of FPL runs? Hardly innocent.
I think esports is pretty nice.
goody153
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
44306 Posts
January 29 2016 17:21 GMT
#465
On January 30 2016 02:19 Sapphire.lux wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2016 02:07 goody153 wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:57 neurego7647 wrote:
As korean I will tell about interesting information about this incident(forgive my awkward english sentences)

The point is the location of prosecutor's office: Changwon office

All korean e-sports matches are played in Seoul because influence of Seoul as capital is absolute like Paris.
But Life is interrogated in Changwon, not Seoul.

Changwon is quite far from Seoul. It is far more than 400km(=250 miles), But Changwon is quitecclose from Life's hometown.

But most interesting thing is Changwon prosecutor's office is specialized in investigating Match Fixing.
Most Sports(soccer,baseball,basketball,volleyball,starcraft...... )Match-fixing investigation have done in Changwon

That's why korean fans are suspecting Life's Match-fixing


interesting

Very.

I would hate to think that it's true, but i agree with a 0 tolerance attitude for this sort of thing.

Yeah sadly if this was proven true sympathy is difficult since matchfixing kinda kills the point of competition.
this is a quote
brickrd
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
United States4894 Posts
January 29 2016 17:22 GMT
#466
On January 30 2016 01:54 Shuffleblade wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2016 01:38 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:25 cheekymonkey wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:23 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:11 207aicila wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:10 brickrd wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:08 Penev wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:06 pure.Wasted wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:02 Penev wrote:
On January 30 2016 00:59 Tiaraju9 wrote:
The foreigner scene all worried about the korean scene while half of these fuckers are probably matchfixing.

I know this is a stupid thing to say but the whole situation is so obnoxious.

bye


Bye? Rekrul basically confirmed this to be the case months ago.

I've just been happy to bury my head in the sand since the PRIME scandal, and just hope it would all magically go away if we stopped talking about it.

Am I missing a joke or something? How is it acceptable to say "half of these fuckers are probably matchfixing"?

:-S

how not? if that's his genuine opinion, can't he post it? he may have stated it a bit crudely, but there is reason for fans to worry. he didn't accuse anyone, he said "probably "


A modicum of respect is usually expected.

Calling the entire Korean scene fuckers and implying rampant matchfixing ("probably" or not doesn't change much at this point) is not that...


the reason i could never call a proven Sc2 matchfixer a negative label is how little money they make.

i can't blame some of these guys for looking for a big payoff because even if they're between the 20th and 100th best player on the planet they are not getting paid much.


What are you talking about? Matchfixing is destroying the scene for everyone. It's the worst thing you can do as a pro player.


"pro" ? lol. the label "pro" has some connotation about being very well paid. and that just ain't true.

if 'the scene' were making these guys well paid for making the top 100 i'd have some anger for their match-fixing ways. 'the scene' pays them very little. and then 'the scene' trashes them.

remember Tasteless earning his nickname with the joke about homeless people wandering into the studio to get the free pizza?

if people paid $600/ticket per GSL night of competition then i'd have some anger for this. likewise If I had to pay UFC style pay-per-view money each month to see the best players do their thing.. again i'd have some anger for this. As it is.. .everyone is spending no money; surprise surprise when some of these guys look for a payday.

I presume that if a poorely paid waitress copied your card information when you paid and stole all your money you wouldn't get angry. If the waitress stole thousands from the cashier you wouldn't find that wrong in the least, the person is after all poorly paid and therefor allowed to steal.
Your values are frankly peculiar, we were probably raised very differently, you and I.

you're missing the point a little bit. yes, people who engage in illegitimate criminal activity are responsible for it. i don't think jimmyraynor is saying they're "innocent" but that there are circumstances which affect the way you judge people.

the better analogy with your waitress point is if the owner of the restaurant was running a scam to collect customers' info and using his waitresses as agents. yes, the waitresses are doing wrong, but you have to ask - are they being blackmailed for their jobs by the owner? are they doing it because they're greedy opportunists or have they truly lost hope for taking care of themselves and their kids if they don't do something drastic and stupid?

it's not the same, and there's speculation involved here, but the point is sometimes the bad guy isn't the kid selling drugs on the street but the supplier who came along and gave them the opportunity to make money and make a life that way. SOME match fixers, i'm sure, are just amoral and do it because they feel like it, just like any criminal. but sometimes you can find sympathy depending on the circumstances of a person's poor choices
TL+ Member
PepsiMaxxxx
Profile Joined October 2012
Sweden5452 Posts
January 29 2016 17:23 GMT
#467
At the prosecutors office:
"Dude, there's noway that the french dude would lose to a six pool three times in a row".
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46478 Posts
January 29 2016 17:25 GMT
#468
On January 30 2016 02:08 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Oh dear God, this is not good... I sincerely hope it turns out he did nothing wrong.


I'm going to leave it at this as well. No need to speculate until more information is gathered.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
olimoley
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States742 Posts
January 29 2016 17:26 GMT
#469
On January 30 2016 02:12 pure.Wasted wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2016 01:59 Thouhastmail wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:45 pure.Wasted wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:24 Zealously wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:15 pure.Wasted wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:08 Penev wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:06 pure.Wasted wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:02 Penev wrote:
On January 30 2016 00:59 Tiaraju9 wrote:
The foreigner scene all worried about the korean scene while half of these fuckers are probably matchfixing.

I know this is a stupid thing to say but the whole situation is so obnoxious.

bye


Bye? Rekrul basically confirmed this to be the case months ago.

I've just been happy to bury my head in the sand since the PRIME scandal, and just hope it would all magically go away if we stopped talking about it.

Am I missing a joke or something? How is it acceptable to say "half of these fuckers are probably matchfixing"?

:-S


It's not a joke. Rekrul said that match fixing is rampant in SC2, more than it ever was in BW. Two dudes and their coach is not rampant.

I agree that the post was insensitive, but... eh...

Whatever, I'm still hoping for the best, somehow.


I don't know why people put so much faith in what Rekrul says


Well what about Olimo? She's deeply invested in the scene and my impression was that she was totally aboard the Rekrul train. She seemed very disappoited that the investigation stopped where it did. And I remember a couple of foreigners saying that when they were in Korea, match fixing was an open secret. Maybe they were just looking for attention. Olimo + Rekrul seems hard to shake.


Remember that she just threw some random name and trotted excuses out when people demanded proof.

Oh, did I say that an innocent streamer was screwed up because of this?


Well what proof could she possibly have? I know for a fact that my friend went to play tennis yesterday, but I don't have any proof that would stand up in court. If she has heard a lot of players talk about it in the open I can imagine her frustration finally leading to an "outburst" When the SC2 scandal broke, and then she realizes that what she has probably isn't worth anything and despite the scandal, very little/nothing is going to change. I'm not saying this is the only possible interpretation of events, but it seems very plausible to me.


That's pretty much it.

I know for sure what happened to a player that was on my team that was propositioned to match fix, but it's our words against his because it happened verbally. We can't take that shit to court, even though we know he was engaging in that illicit behavior, nor can Blizzard do anything about it.
Events Manager, Team Liquid - Creator of OlimoLeague
b0rt_
Profile Joined October 2011
Norway931 Posts
January 29 2016 17:26 GMT
#470
Oh dear god no.............
waiting2Bbanned
Profile Joined November 2015
United States154 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-29 17:55:58
January 29 2016 17:27 GMT
#471
damn..

Does anyone remember any game he played that might look like an obvious throw?? I don't think I do..
Maybe his shit results in PL? I don't watch a lot of PL matches, precisely cause they are BO1's..

He's by far my favorite SC2 player of all time, and I had really high hopes for him in LotV with the fast games, the buffed lings and the added units favoring different strats & tech switches..

I really can't believe he threw games for $

If I couldn't see Life play my interest in watching SC2 would be mostly gone..
"If you are going to break the law, do it with two thousand people.. and Mozart." - Howard Zinn
pure.Wasted
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada4701 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-29 17:28:43
January 29 2016 17:27 GMT
#472
On January 30 2016 02:07 ZombieGrub wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2016 01:45 pure.Wasted wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:24 Zealously wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:15 pure.Wasted wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:08 Penev wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:06 pure.Wasted wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:02 Penev wrote:
On January 30 2016 00:59 Tiaraju9 wrote:
The foreigner scene all worried about the korean scene while half of these fuckers are probably matchfixing.

I know this is a stupid thing to say but the whole situation is so obnoxious.

bye


Bye? Rekrul basically confirmed this to be the case months ago.

I've just been happy to bury my head in the sand since the PRIME scandal, and just hope it would all magically go away if we stopped talking about it.

Am I missing a joke or something? How is it acceptable to say "half of these fuckers are probably matchfixing"?

:-S


It's not a joke. Rekrul said that match fixing is rampant in SC2, more than it ever was in BW. Two dudes and their coach is not rampant.

I agree that the post was insensitive, but... eh...

Whatever, I'm still hoping for the best, somehow.


I don't know why people put so much faith in what Rekrul says


Well what about Olimo? She's deeply invested in the scene and my impression was that she was totally aboard the Rekrul train. She seemed very disappoited that the investigation stopped where it did. And I remember a couple of foreigners saying that when they were in Korea, match fixing was an open secret. Maybe they were just looking for attention. Olimo + Rekrul seems hard to shake.


LOL OLIMO

First name Olimo, last name Ley.



I seriously considered blaming my phone's auto correct, but full disclosure, I mostly know Olimoley through Olimoleague and I just subtracted the League. Sry Olivia.
INna Maru-da-FanTa, Bbaby, TY Dream that I'm Flashing you
Thouhastmail
Profile Joined March 2015
Korea (North)876 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-29 17:31:31
January 29 2016 17:28 GMT
#473
On January 30 2016 02:12 pure.Wasted wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2016 01:59 Thouhastmail wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:45 pure.Wasted wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:24 Zealously wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:15 pure.Wasted wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:08 Penev wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:06 pure.Wasted wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:02 Penev wrote:
On January 30 2016 00:59 Tiaraju9 wrote:
The foreigner scene all worried about the korean scene while half of these fuckers are probably matchfixing.

I know this is a stupid thing to say but the whole situation is so obnoxious.

bye


Bye? Rekrul basically confirmed this to be the case months ago.

I've just been happy to bury my head in the sand since the PRIME scandal, and just hope it would all magically go away if we stopped talking about it.

Am I missing a joke or something? How is it acceptable to say "half of these fuckers are probably matchfixing"?

:-S


It's not a joke. Rekrul said that match fixing is rampant in SC2, more than it ever was in BW. Two dudes and their coach is not rampant.

I agree that the post was insensitive, but... eh...

Whatever, I'm still hoping for the best, somehow.


I don't know why people put so much faith in what Rekrul says


Well what about Olimo? She's deeply invested in the scene and my impression was that she was totally aboard the Rekrul train. She seemed very disappoited that the investigation stopped where it did. And I remember a couple of foreigners saying that when they were in Korea, match fixing was an open secret. Maybe they were just looking for attention. Olimo + Rekrul seems hard to shake.


Remember that she just threw some random name and trotted excuses out when people demanded proof.

Oh, did I say that an innocent streamer was screwed up because of this?


Well what proof could she possibly have? I know for a fact that my friend went to play tennis yesterday, but I don't have any proof that would stand up in court. If she has heard a lot of players talk about it in the open I can imagine her frustration finally leading to an "outburst" When the SC2 scandal broke, and then she realizes that what she has probably isn't worth anything and despite the scandal, very little/nothing is going to change. I'm not saying this is the only possible interpretation of events, but it seems very plausible to me.


Conclusions/Assertions only work when premises/proofs are sufficient. Plus, the onus of proof is on her, because it was her who claimed the issue.

Otherwise, it is nothing but a conspiracy.
"Morality is simply the attitude we adopt towards people we personally dislike"
Popkiller
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
3415 Posts
January 29 2016 17:31 GMT
#474
well this is bizarre. I suspected a lot of people, but Life was not one of them.

it's gonna be hard to wait for more info...
Charoisaur
Profile Joined August 2014
Germany16098 Posts
January 29 2016 17:31 GMT
#475
On January 30 2016 02:18 Penev wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2016 02:12 pure.Wasted wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:59 Thouhastmail wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:45 pure.Wasted wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:24 Zealously wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:15 pure.Wasted wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:08 Penev wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:06 pure.Wasted wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:02 Penev wrote:
On January 30 2016 00:59 Tiaraju9 wrote:
The foreigner scene all worried about the korean scene while half of these fuckers are probably matchfixing.

I know this is a stupid thing to say but the whole situation is so obnoxious.

bye


Bye? Rekrul basically confirmed this to be the case months ago.

I've just been happy to bury my head in the sand since the PRIME scandal, and just hope it would all magically go away if we stopped talking about it.

Am I missing a joke or something? How is it acceptable to say "half of these fuckers are probably matchfixing"?

:-S


It's not a joke. Rekrul said that match fixing is rampant in SC2, more than it ever was in BW. Two dudes and their coach is not rampant.

I agree that the post was insensitive, but... eh...

Whatever, I'm still hoping for the best, somehow.


I don't know why people put so much faith in what Rekrul says


Well what about Olimo? She's deeply invested in the scene and my impression was that she was totally aboard the Rekrul train. She seemed very disappoited that the investigation stopped where it did. And I remember a couple of foreigners saying that when they were in Korea, match fixing was an open secret. Maybe they were just looking for attention. Olimo + Rekrul seems hard to shake.


Remember that she just threw some random name and trotted excuses out when people demanded proof.

Oh, did I say that an innocent streamer was screwed up because of this?


Well what proof could she possibly have? I know for a fact that my friend went to play tennis yesterday, but I don't have any proof that would stand up in court. If she has heard a lot of players talk about it in the open I can imagine her frustration finally leading to an "outburst" When the SC2 scandal broke, and then she realizes that what she has probably isn't worth anything and despite the scandal, very little/nothing is going to change. I'm not saying this is the only possible interpretation of events, but it seems very plausible to me.

That's what I thought/ think about that as well.

Wouldn't it be possible the prosecution did this to all people who got voided bets on their matches btw? Only this time it became public because Life had to play. Wolf's tweet seems to suggest that.
https://twitter.com/proxywolf/status/693066347845029888

Sounds like other people got investigated too and were found innocent. So far too early to tell life is guilty
Many of the coolest moments in sc2 happen due to worker harassment
SlammerSC2
Profile Joined April 2013
77 Posts
January 29 2016 17:31 GMT
#476
Wonder if he can burrow himself out of jail.
Crocolisk Dundee
Profile Blog Joined October 2015
870 Posts
January 29 2016 17:32 GMT
#477
On January 30 2016 02:23 PepsiMaxxxx wrote:
At the prosecutors office:
"Dude, there's noway that the french dude would lose to a six pool three times in a row".


It was a pretty sad thread until this post. Now I can't stop laughing.
Stopped watching ESL content in 2022 when the company was acquired by Savvy Gaming Group. Also object to sponsorships by the U.S. Air Force. Thanks for the lively discussions about sportswashing. StarCraft II is not for me anymore.
Gwavajuice
Profile Joined June 2014
France1810 Posts
January 29 2016 17:32 GMT
#478
Anyone knows how long you can be in custody before having legal charges made public in Korea?

In france it's 24hours in most case, then the prosecutor has to wether free you or lead you to a court that will will decide what happens next for you.
Dear INno and all the former STX boys.
esdf
Profile Joined December 2012
Croatia736 Posts
January 29 2016 17:33 GMT
#479
wow, that's big. hopefully it's not a savior repeat. fingers crossed.

also, good trade for KT in the end.
why do you not believe it? the legend has alived!
Penev
Profile Joined October 2012
28536 Posts
January 29 2016 17:33 GMT
#480
On January 30 2016 02:31 Charoisaur wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2016 02:18 Penev wrote:
On January 30 2016 02:12 pure.Wasted wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:59 Thouhastmail wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:45 pure.Wasted wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:24 Zealously wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:15 pure.Wasted wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:08 Penev wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:06 pure.Wasted wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:02 Penev wrote:
[quote]
bye


Bye? Rekrul basically confirmed this to be the case months ago.

I've just been happy to bury my head in the sand since the PRIME scandal, and just hope it would all magically go away if we stopped talking about it.

Am I missing a joke or something? How is it acceptable to say "half of these fuckers are probably matchfixing"?

:-S


It's not a joke. Rekrul said that match fixing is rampant in SC2, more than it ever was in BW. Two dudes and their coach is not rampant.

I agree that the post was insensitive, but... eh...

Whatever, I'm still hoping for the best, somehow.


I don't know why people put so much faith in what Rekrul says


Well what about Olimo? She's deeply invested in the scene and my impression was that she was totally aboard the Rekrul train. She seemed very disappoited that the investigation stopped where it did. And I remember a couple of foreigners saying that when they were in Korea, match fixing was an open secret. Maybe they were just looking for attention. Olimo + Rekrul seems hard to shake.


Remember that she just threw some random name and trotted excuses out when people demanded proof.

Oh, did I say that an innocent streamer was screwed up because of this?


Well what proof could she possibly have? I know for a fact that my friend went to play tennis yesterday, but I don't have any proof that would stand up in court. If she has heard a lot of players talk about it in the open I can imagine her frustration finally leading to an "outburst" When the SC2 scandal broke, and then she realizes that what she has probably isn't worth anything and despite the scandal, very little/nothing is going to change. I'm not saying this is the only possible interpretation of events, but it seems very plausible to me.

That's what I thought/ think about that as well.

Wouldn't it be possible the prosecution did this to all people who got voided bets on their matches btw? Only this time it became public because Life had to play. Wolf's tweet seems to suggest that.
https://twitter.com/proxywolf/status/693066347845029888

Sounds like other people got investigated too and were found innocent. So far too early to tell life is guilty

Exactly.
I Protoss winner, could it be?
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 46 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 192
ProTech145
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2244
Shuttle 1459
Bale 49
Dewaltoss 37
NaDa 32
Noble 17
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm151
League of Legends
JimRising 658
Counter-Strike
taco 362
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox703
Mew2King90
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor897
Other Games
summit1g8936
C9.Mang0340
PiGStarcraft319
ViBE58
ArmadaUGS57
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV261
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream90
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP163
• Hupsaiya 132
• davetesta17
• Letter146
• Response 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo747
Other Games
• Scarra907
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
9h 34m
OSC
18h 34m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 6h
Online Event
1d 7h
FEL
1d 12h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 13h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 15h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.