• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:06
CEST 07:06
KST 14:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)27Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8610 users

SBENU Ceases Sponsoring SC2 Team - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
133 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
klipik12
Profile Joined March 2012
United States241 Posts
January 20 2016 14:13 GMT
#81
Return of 8th team! Or wait... ...7th team!
<(^_^)> || Axiom - CoL - mYi - Prime - ROOT - EG - Acer || WCS Teamleague pls ;-;
SystemXN
Profile Joined December 2011
China105 Posts
January 20 2016 14:15 GMT
#82
I'm surprised for ST doesn't change back its name. I saw curious wearing that old "we need sponsor" black shirt during Bomber's stream on Douyu. I expected they would change back to ST.
MarineKing | Bomber | MVP | Gumiho
FueledUpAndReadyToGo
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
Netherlands30548 Posts
January 20 2016 14:23 GMT
#83
On January 20 2016 23:15 SystemXN wrote:
I'm surprised for ST doesn't change back its name. I saw curious wearing that old "we need sponsor" black shirt during Bomber's stream on Douyu. I expected they would change back to ST.

Now I want a 'We need sponsor' teamflair
Neosteel Enthusiast
HugoBallzak
Profile Joined November 2015
700 Posts
January 20 2016 14:25 GMT
#84
lotv and new wcs is really looking like the final blow done to sc2. most bungled esport title? Id have to give that nod to cs source, but sc2 is a whole different example of incompetence. Shame we cant really discuss these issues here seriously though.
Lemartes
Profile Joined June 2015
Austria57 Posts
January 20 2016 14:28 GMT
#85
No matter what happens, everyone is blaming the new wcs system... If North Korea nukes the South tomorrow it´s also the new WCS that weakend Korea so much that Kim Jong Un saw his chance eh?
I´m just mad at Sonic and if I had to choose between droping my lol team or Sc2 team I would drop my Sc2 team aswell. Where are the Pitchforks guys, can´t we just be sad and torch SBENU for a bit?
NaDa | IMMVP | ByuN?
aQuaSC
Profile Joined August 2011
717 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-20 14:32:40
January 20 2016 14:30 GMT
#86
On January 20 2016 23:25 HugoBallzak wrote:
lotv and new wcs is really looking like the final blow done to sc2. most bungled esport title? Id have to give that nod to cs source, but sc2 is a whole different example of incompetence. Shame we cant really discuss these issues here seriously though.

I heard you didn't play SC2 anymore, CS:GO could use your passion
TL+ Member
Horiken
Profile Joined April 2013
Japan68 Posts
January 20 2016 14:33 GMT
#87
On January 20 2016 23:25 HugoBallzak wrote:
lotv and new wcs is really looking like the final blow done to sc2. most bungled esport title? Id have to give that nod to cs source, but sc2 is a whole different example of incompetence. Shame we cant really discuss these issues here seriously though.


I don't know new wcs is success or false( because it's just started), at least I can say lotv is better game than wol/hots.
HugoBallzak
Profile Joined November 2015
700 Posts
January 20 2016 14:34 GMT
#88
Things are looking good for brood war though. Again, similar to cs source, the original and more well polished esport outlasts the new kid on the block despite the marketing and hype. it all boils down to the competitive gameplay and viability in the end.

User was warned for this post
HugoBallzak
Profile Joined November 2015
700 Posts
January 20 2016 14:35 GMT
#89
On January 20 2016 23:33 Horiken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2016 23:25 HugoBallzak wrote:
lotv and new wcs is really looking like the final blow done to sc2. most bungled esport title? Id have to give that nod to cs source, but sc2 is a whole different example of incompetence. Shame we cant really discuss these issues here seriously though.


I don't know new wcs is success or false( because it's just started), at least I can say lotv is better game than wol/hots.


I disagree. lotv feels like an unrefined amateur custom game. Cool concepts but really bad execution.
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
January 20 2016 14:36 GMT
#90
I think the team should rebrand to Team Adept, and everyone should switch to Protoss. I think Bomber would approve.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Horiken
Profile Joined April 2013
Japan68 Posts
January 20 2016 14:37 GMT
#91
On January 20 2016 23:34 HugoBallzak wrote:
Things are looking good for brood war though. Again, similar to cs source, the original and more well polished esport outlasts the new kid on the block despite the marketing and hype. it all boils down to the competitive gameplay and viability in the end.


Hey hey we are just losing biggest brood war sponsor now! how is this good for brood war?
Ziggy
Profile Blog Joined June 2013
South Korea2107 Posts
January 20 2016 14:39 GMT
#92
On January 20 2016 23:35 HugoBallzak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2016 23:33 Horiken wrote:
On January 20 2016 23:25 HugoBallzak wrote:
lotv and new wcs is really looking like the final blow done to sc2. most bungled esport title? Id have to give that nod to cs source, but sc2 is a whole different example of incompetence. Shame we cant really discuss these issues here seriously though.


I don't know new wcs is success or false( because it's just started), at least I can say lotv is better game than wol/hots.


I disagree. lotv feels like an unrefined amateur custom game. Cool concepts but really bad execution.


No, people haven't fully figured the game out. It needs time, and clearly it's getting better. Today's GSL proves it imo.
WriterDefeating a sandwich only makes it tastier. @imjustziggy
jubil
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2602 Posts
January 20 2016 14:39 GMT
#93
Very sad but hardly surprising
Kinda sad that all the lower/poorer teams seem to be falling off while SKT could probably field a second 4-man squad and make it to playoffs with both

I hope these players get a real sponsor soon
Marineking-Polt-Maru-Fantasy-Solar-Xenocider-Suppy fighting!
Rocket-Bear
Profile Joined July 2014
3070 Posts
January 20 2016 14:41 GMT
#94
goddamn, just as Leenock joined..
Favorite players: Gh and Zai
Ansibled
Profile Joined November 2014
United Kingdom9872 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-20 14:58:17
January 20 2016 14:52 GMT
#95
I hope they will find a new sponsor soon, but since even LoL teams struggled to find sponsors during the off-season I'm pretty worried about it.

Well, I guess Afreeca were looking to pick up players / a team?
'StarCraft is just a fairy tale told to scare children actually.'
TL+ Member
NinjaToss
Profile Blog Joined October 2015
Austria1383 Posts
January 20 2016 14:52 GMT
#96
the solution for this should be letting SKT buy them and let them become SKT T2
or let Blizzard/David Kim sponsor it and call them team Adept, Bomber would approve
but in all seriousness, I think SBENU is a team with a lot of potential and young talents, if team SBENU dies then we just lose most of our hopes for new blood
I'm sorry for all those that got their hearts broken by Zest | Zest, Bisu, soO, herO, MC, Maru, TY, Rogue, Trap, TaeJa", Favourite foreigners: ShoWTimE, Snute, Serral and Nerchio| KT BEST KT |
Cele
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Germany4016 Posts
January 20 2016 14:56 GMT
#97
On January 20 2016 23:28 Lemartes wrote:
No matter what happens, everyone is blaming the new wcs system... If North Korea nukes the South tomorrow it´s also the new WCS that weakend Korea so much that Kim Jong Un saw his chance eh?
I´m just mad at Sonic and if I had to choose between droping my lol team or Sc2 team I would drop my Sc2 team aswell. Where are the Pitchforks guys, can´t we just be sad and torch SBENU for a bit?


Well first SBENU dumped their BW Starleague over their Sc2 sponsorships, now they dump that to keep their Lol sponsorship. It makes sense ofc, Lol is the biggest game in Korea, but it's sad.
Broodwar for life!
mikedebo
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada4341 Posts
January 20 2016 15:14 GMT
#98
Time for a 4-team proleague IMO
I NEED A PHOTOSYNTHESIS! ||| 'airtoss' is an anagram of 'artosis' ||| SANGHOOOOOO ||| "No Korea? No problem. I have internet." -- Stardust
Thouhastmail
Profile Joined March 2015
Korea (North)876 Posts
January 20 2016 15:16 GMT
#99
On January 20 2016 23:56 Cele wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2016 23:28 Lemartes wrote:
No matter what happens, everyone is blaming the new wcs system... If North Korea nukes the South tomorrow it´s also the new WCS that weakend Korea so much that Kim Jong Un saw his chance eh?
I´m just mad at Sonic and if I had to choose between droping my lol team or Sc2 team I would drop my Sc2 team aswell. Where are the Pitchforks guys, can´t we just be sad and torch SBENU for a bit?


Well first SBENU dumped their BW Starleague over their Sc2 sponsorships, now they dump that to keep their Lol sponsorship. It makes sense ofc, Lol is the biggest game in Korea, but it's sad.


Besides, Riot pays $2K per player; it costs less.

"Morality is simply the attitude we adopt towards people we personally dislike"
showstealer1829
Profile Blog Joined May 2014
Australia3123 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-20 15:30:16
January 20 2016 15:29 GMT
#100
On January 20 2016 23:28 Lemartes wrote:
No matter what happens, everyone is blaming the new wcs system... If North Korea nukes the South tomorrow it´s also the new WCS that weakend Korea so much that Kim Jong Un saw his chance eh?


Don't be silly. The WCS changes are far, FAR worse

Seriously though. I kind of get where KeSPA is coming from and there's really two people to blame if SBENU are locked out of Proleague. Sonic of course...and Gerard.

I think that's the problem, not the fact that SBENU might fold, I don't think KeSPA would allow that to happen if they let them play , but they're scared of another PRIME scenario. An noncompetitive team, short on money that figures it's going to lose any way and with the changes to the scene there's not much hope anywhere else, why not make some money before I go?
There is no understanding. There is only Choya. Choya is the way. Choya is Love. Choya is Life. Has is the Light in the Protoss Dark and Nightmare is his chosen Acolyte
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 54m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2091
Snow 128
Bale 26
Noble 17
Icarus 4
ZergMaN 1
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm170
Counter-Strike
taco 353
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1514
Mew2King35
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1150
WinterStarcraft643
Other Games
summit1g7735
JimRising 672
PiGStarcraft318
C9.Mang0162
ArmadaUGS147
Maynarde133
RuFF_SC2103
Sick103
ViBE74
Livibee59
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick636
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream142
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 39
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki143
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2136
League of Legends
• Lourlo1163
• Rush1093
• Stunt360
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
4h 54m
OSC
7h 54m
Stellar Fest
7h 54m
OSC
18h 54m
Stellar Fest
1d 7h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.