• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:06
CEST 11:06
KST 18:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)32Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8909 users

Americans try Canadian foods - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
ROOTFayth
Profile Joined January 2004
Canada3351 Posts
October 04 2015 18:07 GMT
#21
wow hahaha I went to the USA so often and I had never noticed they didn't have ketchup chips or all dressed chips
ZigguratOfUr
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Iraq16955 Posts
October 04 2015 18:49 GMT
#22
On October 05 2015 03:07 ROOTFayth wrote:
wow hahaha I went to the USA so often and I had never noticed they didn't have ketchup chips or all dressed chips


Yeah same. For most of these I didn't realize they were Canada specific.
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
October 04 2015 18:57 GMT
#23
I want ketchup chips :[
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
ROOTFayth
Profile Joined January 2004
Canada3351 Posts
October 04 2015 19:01 GMT
#24
On October 05 2015 03:57 The_Templar wrote:
I want ketchup chips :[

they're not very good imo even though they're my wife's favorites

I'm not a fan at least haha
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
October 04 2015 19:26 GMT
#25
On October 04 2015 23:22 lichter wrote:
why didn't you show jer's hair

Because they didn't want flow the sick to become the focus of the video accidentally
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
October 04 2015 20:19 GMT
#26
On October 05 2015 02:57 Faefae wrote:
Wtf who doesnt know smarties and.... who the fuck does not like them?!
It's like 10000 times better than mnms.... Those 'merican need to be educated

lol yeah, smarties rule
Blargh
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2103 Posts
October 04 2015 20:49 GMT
#27
Was poutine not included in this video????? Is there a more Canadian food than that?
ROOTFayth
Profile Joined January 2004
Canada3351 Posts
October 04 2015 21:29 GMT
#28
I thought poutine was more quebec than canada? I may be wrong though
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
October 05 2015 04:09 GMT
#29
On October 05 2015 06:29 ROOTFayth wrote:
I thought poutine was more quebec than canada? I may be wrong though

canada in general i think
Moderatorlickypiddy
olimoley
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States742 Posts
October 05 2015 04:19 GMT
#30
Probably more appropriate to say Americans try Canadian snacks
Events Manager, Team Liquid - Creator of OlimoLeague
nanaoei
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
3358 Posts
October 05 2015 04:28 GMT
#31
lol tempo

there's hickory sticks too, pretty good!
*@boesthius' FF7 nostalgia stream bomb* "we should work on a 'Final Progamer' fangame»whitera can be a protagonist---lastlie: "we save world and then defense it"
Hotshot
Profile Joined November 2004
Canada184 Posts
October 05 2015 19:49 GMT
#32
Ketchup chips are good, but its more of a kids chip. Never cared for all dressed.

I wouldn't say Coffee Crisp is my favorite chocolate bar, it's a nice alternative to something like mars bars or kit kat chunky.

Also Nanaimo Bars are decent, not sure how popular they are in USA.

And you can never forget to mention poutines.
Jer99
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada8160 Posts
October 05 2015 20:14 GMT
#33
We did have one or two people try poutine, but I'm not sure if the footage is good for it. I'll throw together an outtakes video and see what I can put together
StrategyTaeJa #1 || @TL_Jer99 || "seeker seeked out his seeking"
Masada714
Profile Joined March 2011
United States89 Posts
October 05 2015 20:29 GMT
#34
I know Maximusblack talks about Donair's or however it is spelled all the time on his stream. I don't know if that would work for this but that would be interesting to see I think.
varsovie
Profile Joined December 2013
Canada326 Posts
October 05 2015 21:56 GMT
#35
On October 05 2015 06:29 ROOTFayth wrote:
I thought poutine was more quebec than canada? I may be wrong though


It's just that non quebecers can't make it properly. Seriously I've seen it with shredded cheese instead of curds.

There are so many other Canadian foods, Beaver tails, Donairs, Montreal's smoked meat ( Schwartz), Honey n Dill sauce, Nanaimo (aka diabetes bars), all that Inuit food that you need to try once and try to forget in your dreams, that whiskey shot with salted toe in it in Yukon, Newfoundland Screech and cod kissing initiation, Tourtiere, Cretons, Maple Toffee/taffee, Canada Dry or Spruce Beer, and I'm not even in alcoholic beverages yet...

It's hard to find a purely "Canadian" dish since we "borrow" food from all over the world.
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-05 22:21:50
October 05 2015 22:15 GMT
#36
Saw title and thought poutine...where is it?! Fun video nonetheless. For the record we have smarties in America, M&Ms are just better. This makes me wonder what foods we have that you dont...
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
Jer99
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada8160 Posts
October 05 2015 22:22 GMT
#37
On October 06 2015 07:15 Cricketer12 wrote:
Saw title and thought poutine...where is it?! Fun video nonetheless. For the record we have smarties in America, M&Ms are just better. This makes me wonder what foods we have that you dont...


On October 06 2015 05:14 Jer99 wrote:
We did have one or two people try poutine, but I'm not sure if the footage is good for it. I'll throw together an outtakes video and see what I can put together

StrategyTaeJa #1 || @TL_Jer99 || "seeker seeked out his seeking"
Torchise
Profile Joined May 2012
Canada245 Posts
October 10 2015 01:56 GMT
#38
On October 05 2015 02:24 Jer99 wrote:
I don't understand the buzzfeed reference? We thought of this at a dinner a couple of months before the event.


It's probably because Buzzfeed has a bunch of reaction videos named "Americans try [insert country here] food" on their Youtube Channel (e.g. this).

Didn't know the US did not have Coffee Crisp or these flavor of chips...
The baylife, it burns!
iamkaokao
Profile Joined March 2011
108 Posts
October 10 2015 02:25 GMT
#39
On October 05 2015 02:57 Faefae wrote:
Wtf who doesnt know smarties and.... who the fuck does not like them?!
It's like 10000 times better than mnms.... Those 'merican need to be educated



I never heard of any of those things and im not from america... i can mention u like 100 from any country that you wont be familiar to , so yea you cant be educated about everysingle country shit in the world lol
sagi
Profile Joined October 2011
Finland346 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-11 00:16:52
October 11 2015 00:16 GMT
#40
I was excepting seal meat, smoked caribou and the dish named after vladimir putin I keep hearing about. Instead they served something I'd except from America. I know nothing about glourious Canada -_-
hi patrik!
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 54m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech125
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 396
Hyuk 301
Leta 129
Shinee 103
actioN 96
ZerO 93
Zeus 75
soO 68
EffOrt 59
Bisu 54
[ Show more ]
Mong 53
Killer 46
Mind 41
ToSsGirL 30
sorry 29
Soma 28
Aegong 26
Bale 24
PianO 19
Light 18
HiyA 15
ZergMaN 14
JulyZerg 7
Noble 5
Terrorterran 2
Dota 2
XcaliburYe105
League of Legends
JimRising 420
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss480
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King175
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1717
Other Games
gofns12666
summit1g8457
olofmeister1305
singsing1221
ceh9589
Happy339
crisheroes318
ArmadaUGS113
Livibee103
DeMusliM36
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick532
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream231
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH210
• LUISG 24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2268
League of Legends
• Jankos1691
• Rush1383
• Stunt488
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
54m
OSC
3h 54m
Stellar Fest
3h 54m
OSC
14h 54m
Stellar Fest
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.