• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:37
CEST 11:37
KST 18:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11516 users

Dreamhack Tours: Player Guide - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
24 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
Serimek
Profile Joined August 2011
France2274 Posts
May 08 2015 10:38 GMT
#21
Very good player guide. I'm still laughing at "Like Marinelord, but can't look at a minimap."
SC2 is the best game to watch and was the best to play before I grew old and slow...
oGoZenob
Profile Joined December 2011
France1503 Posts
May 08 2015 11:01 GMT
#22
small typo on Lilbow: I'm assuming "heri" is heir ?
I like starcraft
MiniFotToss
Profile Joined December 2013
China2430 Posts
May 08 2015 11:10 GMT
#23
On May 08 2015 17:35 kochanfe wrote:
In bold are my predictions for each player previewed here, complete with reasoning for each. Not that anyone cares what I think... By the way, I'm fully aware bracket luck plays a HUGE role in all this, but these are simply my picks without regard to that particular factor.
Serral: + Show Spoiler +
A strong dark horse pick. Quite a decent bet for Ro16 provided he doesn't get an all-Korean Ro32 group.

TRUE: + Show Spoiler +
Ro8 or Ro4. Would have to get a pretty unlucky draw to fall out before that.

ForGG: + Show Spoiler +
Could see him getting as high as Ro4 or even the Finals if he plays well. Far more likely to fall out somewhere in the vicinity of Ro16 in my opinion, however.

Bunny: + Show Spoiler +
Certainly the safest foreigner pick for a Ro4 finish. Capable of taking out all the Korean Terrans and Protosses in attendance (save maybe PartinG). But if he draws Leenock, Hydra, Sacsri, or TRUE I think he's done. I'll go ahead and say Ro16...

GuMiho: + Show Spoiler +
Has been to more DreamHacks than almost any other Korean here. Better than some of his fellow Koreans, worse than others. I'm pegging him for a Ro16 exit, certainly no further than Ro8.

San: + Show Spoiler +
Despite a WCS EU 2nd place last year with Ro4s on either side of it, undoubtedly one of the weaker Koreans in attendance. May fall to a foreigner or two and will likely exit in the Ro32 unless he gets all Zergs.

FanTaSy: + Show Spoiler +
Has been playing extremely well lately, though is still less experienced on big foreign stages than most of the other Koreans in attendence. Going solely off skill, he's easily top two or three. If he gets mostly Zergs I could see him going all the way. All things considered though, I'm betting Ro8.

Sacsri: + Show Spoiler +
Certainly capable of surprising and placing high, but I'll be conservative and say Ro16.

Snute: + Show Spoiler +
After Bunny, the most reliable current Korean-killing foreigner in the tournament. Could make Ro8, but I think with this lineup Ro16 or Ro32 is more reasonable, sad to say.

MarineKing: + Show Spoiler +
Yeah... I'm not really sure why he came. Ro32

PartinG: + Show Spoiler +
You kinda gotta put him top two, right? After Hydra, he's my favorite to win the tournament, and I'd favor him against all the other Zergs here. 1st or 2nd.

Dayshi: + Show Spoiler +
Ro32 I guess... with a weaker field I could see him making it further but with this lot, nah.
MC: You never know with MC... but I'd say he's more likely to lose to foreigners than most of these Koreans, so I'm going with Ro32, mayyyybe Ro16.

Heart: + Show Spoiler +
Definitely not amongst the strongest Koreans here. If he gets a good Ro32 group he could definitely advance, if not, he's done. Ro32 or Ro16.

HuK: + Show Spoiler +
Sorry HuK, Ro32.

Rain: + Show Spoiler +
Hasn't been in top form of late, but in terms of sheer caliber, you've gotta say he's top eight at least. Might get Ro4, should get Ro8, could get lower if he draws someone like GuMiho or FanTaSy in the Ro16.

Lilbow: + Show Spoiler +
Could absolutely get Ro16 if he gets the right group. His powerful, somewhat wonky PvZ is definitely capable of catching a couple Korean Zergs (of which there are ample in this tournament) off guard. That said, I think Ro32 is more likely.

Harstem: + Show Spoiler +
Like Lilbow, could get Ro16 given the right group, but I don't think it likely given the caliber of the players here. (Ro32)

Patience: + Show Spoiler +
He has had his ups and downs, but he has proven he is capable of beating very strong players. His PvT and PvZ are pretty cheesy if I recall, but his PvP is dangerous. Could see him taking home a Ro16, maybe even a Ro8 if he's lucky.

MaNa: + Show Spoiler +
See Lilbow and Harstem... (Ro32)

Welmu: + Show Spoiler +
Like Serral, I could see him reaching the Ro16 if he doesn't have three Koreans in his Ro32 group. One of the stronger foreigners at this tournament, to be sure. With the sheer volume of Koreans here however, Ro32 seems equally likely.

MMA: + Show Spoiler +
MMA is one of the few players I'm completely undecided on. I think it REALLY depends on who he's matched up against. If he lands Terrans or foreigners I wouldn't put it past him to steal a Ro4. However, if he gets stuck with Korean Zergs and Protosses (of which there are many strong ones at this tournament) he could be gone early. I'll go ahead and go with Ro16, but I'd be very happy to be proven wrong.

MarineLord: + Show Spoiler +
Will play very well. Might beat a Korean Zerg. Still won't get past the Ro32.

Xenocider: + Show Spoiler +
One of the best Terrans in NA. Played very well to qualify for WCS. Even with those distinctions, he is (along with Petraeus) the player on this list I deem most likely to go out in the Ro64. Still, barring some very bad luck, he'll make Ro32.

uThermal: + Show Spoiler +
Gotta admit, I know less about him than any other player on this list. That said, he should be a Ro32 casualty.

Scarlett: + Show Spoiler +
I'm glad she's back. Unfortunately I don't believe she is in Korean-killing form, a quality that is required to make it past the Ro32 of this stacked event.

TLO: + Show Spoiler +
Seems unlikely to make it past the Ro32 to me, but with a little creative play (wink wink) he mayyyy be able to show his face in the Ro16.

Bly: + Show Spoiler +
Has proven he can beat Korean Protosses like Rain online, but at a high-profile event like this with WCS points to be had, I don't think he'll make it past the Ro32.

Hydra: + Show Spoiler +
Along with PartinG, my number one pick for the tournament. There are five players who are even capable of taking him out and their names are: PartinG, TRUE, Leenock, Sacsri, and FanTaSy (barely), and ALL of those I'd give him at LEAST a 50% chance of beating, if not much higher. 1st or 2nd.

Leenock: + Show Spoiler +
One of my absolute top picks as well. After PartinG and Hydra, I'd say Leenock belongs to a second tier of contenders populated by the likes of TRUE and Rain (with Sacsri and FanTaSy right on their heels, if not even). Gonna go ahead and say Ro4 but would not be shocked if he went all the way (or, admittedly, got killed by one of these other guys earlier due to some unlucky draw).

HyuN: + Show Spoiler +
A dark horse for me. Up until very recently was looking rather shaky. Has yet to play his SSL group but the mere fact he's gotten to the Ro16 says a lot. Could get bopped in the Ro32 or Ro16 or could go all the way, I honestly have no idea. I guess I'll split the difference and call it Ro8...

Petraeus: + Show Spoiler +
Yeah... he squeaked by in the WCS EU qualifiers, but he won't go further than Ro32 (and might even get killed in the Ro64 if the wrong people come up into his group).


BONUS:
Ruin: + Show Spoiler +
And the award for the only Korean who might actually get killed in the Ro64 goes to..... Nah. In all honesty, he'll make Ro32 but he'd have to get a crazily easy group (WCS Premier Group D, anyone?) to make the bracket.

TargA: + Show Spoiler +
Didn't this guy make it to the Ro4 of DreamHack once? WHAT IF HE..... oh wait, it's 2015. Ro32.

Zanster: + Show Spoiler +
Not particularly well known. Actually VERY good. Still won't make it past the Ro32...

FireCake: + Show Spoiler +
Has been slowly rising through the foreign ranks and can now honestly be said to be amongst the strongest foreigners out there. Has proved he has the ability to beat Koreans, toppling Rain 3-2 and Soulkey 3-0 (online) and even 3-0ing TRUE irl. What's more, he's playing on his home turf. FireCake's my dark horse pick for a Ro8 finish and I wouldn't put it past him to beat three or four or five Koreans to get there.


Whew... done. I know I've got an inordinate number of Ro8 and Ro16 finishers, but bear in mind that I tried to be relatively optimistic for each player on the list.
TL;DR:
Favorites: PartinG, Hydra, TRUE, Rain, Leenock, Sacsri, FanTaSy (probably in roughly that order)
Dark Horses: ForGG, HyuN, Bunny, Snute, FireCake (lol)

EDIT: Added spoiler tags...

Rain can also beat Hydra (he beat him 3 times in 2015
Tuckleberry
Profile Joined May 2015
21 Posts
May 09 2015 21:56 GMT
#24
I wonder, will you admit now that parting is THA BOY? Awesome display of strenght in the final, no usual meta, just real RTS
neteX
Profile Joined April 2015
Sweden285 Posts
May 09 2015 22:28 GMT
#25
so many good players, really nice
http://www.twitter.com/neteXLoL flw pls
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 211
ProTech1
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 1464
Mind 1356
ggaemo 883
Bisu 547
Larva 520
Stork 398
Leta 332
PianO 217
Hyuk 98
Sexy 63
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 42
Killer 38
Soma 37
Bale 25
yabsab 20
Hm[arnc] 15
sorry 14
Dota 2
XcaliburYe320
XaKoH 78
League of Legends
JimRising 343
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1236
Other Games
gofns22791
crisheroes151
Mew2King141
ArmadaUGS41
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick483
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream169
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 5962
• lizZardDota2316
League of Legends
• Jankos1180
• Stunt1087
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
23m
Online Event
1h 23m
FEL
6h 23m
AI Arena Tournament
7h 23m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
9h 23m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
INu's Battles
1d 2h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.