• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:50
CEST 19:50
KST 02:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12462 users

[Interview] 2015 SPL R2 Finals CJ vs JAGW Winner

Forum Index > SC2 General
24 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 Next All
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37120 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-25 19:21:46
April 25 2015 18:25 GMT
#1
[image loading]
Banner by the ever wonderful SetGuitarsToKill


(Z)CJ Entus ByuL

[image loading]

Source: inven eSports

How do you feel about grabbing the championship with a three kill performance?

I still haven’t come to grips about it. I had no idea that a day like this could also arrive for me. It’s even better because I got to see my teammates’ happy faces.

You were sent out as the final boss for today’s matches. How did you feel?

I was sent out when we were down 1-3, so I told myself that we were screwed. But then I decided to approach my games with a calm mindset and I think that ended up working out well for me. But I wasn’t anticipating going up against Rogue so my first game was the most difficult.

Were you flustered when you went up against Trap?

I was expecting sOs to be sent out, so it was actually more comforting for me to face Trap. It’s cumbersome to play against sOs because he’s a player with such an unpredictable style.

Your final victory was rather easy. Can you explain your build?

I prepared a lot of responsive build orders based on the situations that would arise. And especially for KSS, I had a feeling that he was going to go for mech so I went for a strategy that could respond to that and it ended up working out well.

CJ lost 0-3 to Jin Air in the final match before playoffs began this round. Did that loss affect your momentum?

When we were down 1-3, I thought to myself, “Are we just going to lose like this again?” But since I had prepared so well beforehand, I calmly approached all my games without any pressure so I was able to play well.

You secured three kills in an all-kill format. You must have felt something very different than all the others.

This was my first time performing this critically on a large stage. As I was coming out of my booth after I took down Maru in that last game, the fans started chanting my name. It was electrifying.

Was there pressure when you were chosen as the ace?

There was none. I was feeling confident because I had done so well during practice.

Anything else you would like to say?

I am so glad that I was able to secure the championship through my own hands. I want to thank HyuN hyung for coming to cheer us on and for giving me a lot of advice. Also, the CJ Entus corporation officials came for today’s match so I am twice as happy that I was able to deliver them an awesome performance.



Methods to locating SC2 interviews:
  • Go to the TL.net search bar and type in [Interview] and then search. You will find the most recent interviews at the top
  • Go to the SC2 Interviews/Translation Archive
  • Go to the liquipedia page for that player and look at the section titled "Interviews" http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/PartinG#Interviews
  • Go to the liquipedia page for that specific tournament and find this icon: [image loading] If you click on that icon, it will take you to the interview for that group's match winners
Facebook Twitter Reddit
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
April 25 2015 18:31 GMT
#2
"I told myself that we were screwed" lol d:
Thanks for the interview, and GG ByuL once more
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
sharkie
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Austria18761 Posts
April 25 2015 18:32 GMT
#3
Thanks for translating!!

It's very interesting to see that Byul and probably the whole of CJ never expected Byul having to face Rogue!
They really underestimated Rogue
Pino
Profile Joined June 2013
1032 Posts
April 25 2015 18:36 GMT
#4
Amazing as always Seeker
Deathstar
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
9150 Posts
April 25 2015 18:54 GMT
#5
wp ByuL. You're repping CJ very well.
rip passion
DSK
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
England1110 Posts
April 25 2015 19:06 GMT
#6
gg's well played. I managed to catch the Byul games, they didn't disappoint. Congrats to CJ Entus!
**@ YT: SC2POVs at https://www.youtube.com/c/SC2POVsTV | https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/SC2POVs @**
swag_bro
Profile Blog Joined July 2014
Japan782 Posts
April 25 2015 19:30 GMT
#7
Damn son~ Byul is one of the most handsome progamers I have ever seen in my life. Brood War til now, nobody can beat his handsome level.
They hate us 'cause they ain't us.
ne4aJIb
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Russian Federation3209 Posts
April 25 2015 20:38 GMT
#8
not sending sos bad decision
Bisu,Best,Stork,Jangbi and Flash, Fantasy, Leta, Light and Jaedong, Hydra, Zero, Soulkey assemble in ACE now!
CCa1ss1e
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3231 Posts
April 25 2015 20:51 GMT
#9
Hah, sweet games by Byul.. great job.
~ The Ultimate Weapon
aRyuujin
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States5049 Posts
April 25 2015 20:52 GMT
#10
On April 26 2015 04:30 swag_bro wrote:
Damn son~ Byul is one of the most handsome progamers I have ever seen in my life. Brood War til now, nobody can beat his handsome level.


(P)Bisu
can i get my estro logo back pls
AKAvg
Profile Joined April 2014
Brazil298 Posts
April 25 2015 20:58 GMT
#11
On April 26 2015 05:38 ne4aJIb wrote:
not sending sos bad decision


sOs was kinda underperfoming recently and Trap had good run on IEM.
I don't think it was a bad move, even considering it didn't pay off.

Very happy so see CJ take this one. They had an amazing Round 2 run and was fitting end.
swag_bro
Profile Blog Joined July 2014
Japan782 Posts
April 25 2015 21:04 GMT
#12
On April 26 2015 05:52 aRyuujin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2015 04:30 swag_bro wrote:
Damn son~ Byul is one of the most handsome progamers I have ever seen in my life. Brood War til now, nobody can beat his handsome level.


(P)Bisu


Byul is much much better looking than Bisu (in terms of looks and SC2 achievements). I think Byul can go into modeling or acting or Kpop if he retires from gaming.
They hate us 'cause they ain't us.
FrostedMiniWheats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30730 Posts
April 25 2015 21:13 GMT
#13
On April 26 2015 06:04 swag_bro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2015 05:52 aRyuujin wrote:
On April 26 2015 04:30 swag_bro wrote:
Damn son~ Byul is one of the most handsome progamers I have ever seen in my life. Brood War til now, nobody can beat his handsome level.


(P)Bisu


Byul is much much better looking than Bisu (in terms of looks and SC2 achievements). I think Byul can go into modeling or acting or Kpop if he retires from gaming.


or construction



==

Nice interview, thanks again Seeker ^^
NesTea | Mvp | MC | Leenock | Losira | Gumiho | DRG | Taeja | Jinro | Stephano | Thorzain | Sen | Idra |Polt | Bomber | Symbol | Squirtle | Fantasy | Jaedong | Maru | sOs | Seed | ByuN | ByuL | Neeb| Scarlett | Rogue | IM forever
Pino
Profile Joined June 2013
1032 Posts
April 25 2015 21:27 GMT
#14
On April 26 2015 06:13 FrostedMiniWheats wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2015 06:04 swag_bro wrote:
On April 26 2015 05:52 aRyuujin wrote:
On April 26 2015 04:30 swag_bro wrote:
Damn (Z)SoN~ (Z)ByuL is one of the most handsome progamers I have ever seen in my (Z)Life. Brood War til now, nobody can beat his handsome level.


Bisu


(Z)ByuL is much much better looking than (P)Bisu (in terms of looks and SC2 achievements). I think (Z)ByuL can go into modeling or acting or Kpop if he retires from gaming.


or construction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSjCfzQWhQM

==

Nice interview, thanks again Seeker ^^


Reach would break this wall with his guns
feebleFanfare
Profile Joined December 2014
76 Posts
April 26 2015 01:17 GMT
#15


Just like in his 10Q and 10A :D
vexille
Profile Joined January 2013
8 Posts
April 26 2015 07:21 GMT
#16
Also, the CJ Entus corporation officials came for today’s match so I am twice as happy that I was able to deliver them an awesome performance.


wow
skylinefan
Profile Joined November 2014
Malaysia53 Posts
April 26 2015 08:48 GMT
#17
Congratulations Byul & CJ Entus!!!^_^
HerO l JaeDong l Flash
BeStFAN
Profile Blog Joined April 2015
483 Posts
April 26 2015 08:52 GMT
#18
he has same head shape as ssak
❤ BeSt... ༼ つ ◕_◕༽つ #YEAROFKOMA #YEAROFKOMA #YEAROFKOMA ༼ つ ◕_◕༽つ
Jintoss
Profile Joined November 2011
Hong Kong117 Posts
April 26 2015 13:54 GMT
#19
Excellent translation!

WRECKING BYUL
We are the blades of Aiur
imre
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
France9263 Posts
April 26 2015 14:41 GMT
#20
On April 26 2015 10:17 feebleFanfare wrote:
https://twitter.com/CJ_ByuL/status/592043921301110784

Just like in his 10Q and 10A :D


Do you have a link for his 10Q 10A
Zest fanboy.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1027
TKL 371
IndyStarCraft 252
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1027
ByuN 416
TKL 371
IndyStarCraft 252
Reynor 162
BRAT_OK 36
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 50637
Calm 2712
Shuttle 436
actioN 160
firebathero 120
Mini 62
Mong 38
soO 21
Rock 18
Aegong 15
[ Show more ]
Pusan 15
scan(afreeca) 14
Sacsri 5
White-Ra 3
Dota 2
Gorgc10975
Counter-Strike
fl0m5950
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2328
Liquid`Hasu418
MindelVK11
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2000
FrodaN1315
B2W.Neo702
olofmeister479
Khaldor468
KnowMe318
crisheroes178
Livibee174
ToD91
Mew2King78
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick358
BasetradeTV182
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 35
• Adnapsc2 11
• Reevou 4
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach72
• Azhi_Dahaki22
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV516
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1616
Other Games
• imaqtpie755
• Shiphtur587
• tFFMrPink 11
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 10m
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 10m
OSC
5h 10m
Replay Cast
5h 10m
OSC
18h 10m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 17h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.