• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:46
CEST 04:46
KST 11:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8470 users

GSL Low quality Non-sub

Forum Index > SC2 General
654 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 31 32 33 Next All
Zelerok
Profile Joined January 2015
United Kingdom3 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-16 11:31:04
January 09 2015 10:04 GMT
#1
Why did they reduce the quality, this isn't even allowed. a 1st place victory will give 2,000 WCS points to the victor. As shown in the image below it is a requirement to have a free 720p english stream, yet low quality on twitch.tv is 480p if i'm not mistaken ??? Am I missing something here, or are GSL doing something a little shifty??

[image loading]

Edit, I don't want to start fights or anything, and I am not the kinda guy to fight over not having high quality, but medium is that nice middle ground, I agree that subscribers should be rewarded with something nice but come on... This is a joke I can barely make anything out on the screen...

-mod edit: in case anyone is wondering if it's a mistake
On January 09 2015 19:59 Seeker wrote:
Uhhh.... Bad news... Just heard back from GOM.

Show nested quote +
Med is no longer free. Only the first day was free.


So... Yeah... Sorry guys...


-mod edit 2:
On January 10 2015 03:13 Seeker wrote:
Regarding GOM eXP's terrible VOD system:

Last October, I contacted GOM and explained to them that the majority of GOM eXP related feedback pertained to the terrible VOD system that exists right now. Here is the response that I received:

Show nested quote +
We are currently aware of the displeasure from our viewers regarding the bad VOD system. Unfortunately, due to our service coalition with twitch, what we have currently is the best we can do with VODs.

Back when we were GOMTV.net, we had our own webpage dedicated to VODs and we even had our own player. But as of right now, we have to use the twitch and YouTube systems so we cannot freely change our services as we'd like to. We are looking into securing a better and improved VOD viewing process for 2015. However, there is no announcement date for this yet.
Facebook Twitter Reddit
OpTiKcoyote
Profile Joined March 2011
United States60 Posts
January 09 2015 10:07 GMT
#2
No, I don't understand whats going on either right now. Pretty upset it's reduced for w/e reason atm.. I'm a gamer, I'm broke so...
Bojas
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands2397 Posts
January 09 2015 10:08 GMT
#3
Pretty sure it's below 480p. It's like the old days before WCS, where perhaps a game could have been going on behind all the blur.
Raguel
Profile Joined May 2012
Iceland22 Posts
January 09 2015 10:08 GMT
#4
I think that your right.
JDI1
Profile Joined December 2010
United States69 Posts
January 09 2015 10:08 GMT
#5
Your image is just as bad as their stream. Can't read that.

Back to topic, I'm sure High was free for Group A. This is indded quite sneaky.
LingBlingBling
Profile Joined December 2012
United States353 Posts
January 09 2015 10:09 GMT
#6
I'm not sure if this is correct, but I thought some time last year, Blizzard decided to let GOM go back to their old GSL Code S ways, remember it was called "WCS Korea" then they went back to GSL Code S. Maybe Blizzard left them alone to do their own thing? I'm not sure.

I don't mind paying, but I think at least med quality would be great for free at least.
Remember our motto: We ain't got it.
Dingodile
Profile Joined December 2011
4139 Posts
January 09 2015 10:10 GMT
#7
I am not sure if that picture applies to WCS/GSL/SSL. I thought that picture is for nonWCS tournaments?!
Grubby | ToD | Moon | Lyn | Sky
CamoPillbox
Profile Joined April 2012
Czech Republic229 Posts
January 09 2015 10:10 GMT
#8
Is this for 2015 thats the question? otherwise flame shit out of gomtv and i am sure blizz punish them somehow.
Czech Terran(Hots) player
Zelerok
Profile Joined January 2015
United Kingdom3 Posts
January 09 2015 10:10 GMT
#9
Yep, it was in the 2015 rules post back in october, first thing I checked.
Die4Ever
Profile Joined August 2010
United States17750 Posts
January 09 2015 10:11 GMT
#10
also twitch says I get 10 premium emotes, but I only got 5, wtf???
"Expert" mods4ever.com
Die4Ever
Profile Joined August 2010
United States17750 Posts
January 09 2015 10:12 GMT
#11
and I get preroll ads still, even with the premium sub, we'll see if I get ads during the breaks
"Expert" mods4ever.com
Censured
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic1061 Posts
January 09 2015 10:13 GMT
#12
meh, I will stick to proleague I guess
Occupation: Legend
badboybC
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany53 Posts
January 09 2015 10:13 GMT
#13
Great stream quality .......................................................
Flash | Goody | Bomber | Fantasy
MorDka
Profile Joined October 2012
Poland543 Posts
January 09 2015 10:15 GMT
#14
welcome in 2011 again
shabby
Profile Joined March 2010
Norway6402 Posts
January 09 2015 10:16 GMT
#15
I think this is for live tournaments. It says "8+ players on site", which is not the case in GSL.
Jaedong, Gumibear, Leenock, Byun
graNite
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany4434 Posts
January 09 2015 10:17 GMT
#16
On January 09 2015 19:15 MorDka wrote:
welcome in 2011 again


we had gom player then... the times...
"Oink oink, bitches" - Tasteless on Pigbaby winning a map against Flash
AxiomBlurr
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
786 Posts
January 09 2015 10:20 GMT
#17
Group A had High Quality allowed for non subs...WTF??? Not sure what is happening here I think it is an error that will be fixed...
NEEDZMOAR
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Sweden1277 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-09 10:36:23
January 09 2015 10:23 GMT
#18
On January 09 2015 19:20 AxiomBlurr wrote:
Group A had High Quality allowed for non subs...WTF??? Not sure what is happening here I think it is an error that will be fixed...


I sure hope so, I refuse to watch gsl atm, theres no way in hell I'll pay 13.99$ a month for starcraft on High quality.

Edit: people are telling me that its per season, however if you change quality you get the "Its currently only 13.99$usd per month." message.

FueledUpAndReadyToGo
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
Netherlands30548 Posts
January 09 2015 10:24 GMT
#19
It more like 240p. Really ugly. Sad choice, hope it's accidental mistake
Neosteel Enthusiast
Keeemy
Profile Joined November 2012
Finland7855 Posts
January 09 2015 10:24 GMT
#20
On January 09 2015 19:20 AxiomBlurr wrote:
Group A had High Quality allowed for non subs...WTF??? Not sure what is happening here I think it is an error that will be fixed...

Group A had free source and no sub button, so it was definitely an error then.

Now it's just GOM needing money and being greedy(ish).
Hello
1 2 3 4 5 31 32 33 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 14m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 180
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 604
NaDa 43
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm181
LuMiX0
Other Games
summit1g9908
JimRising 746
WinterStarcraft318
ViBE100
Mew2King95
ArmadaUGS54
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1373
BasetradeTV265
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream147
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 101
• davetesta44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush681
• Lourlo196
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 14m
INu's Battles
9h 14m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
12h 14m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 14m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 14m
Replay Cast
20h 14m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 8h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.