• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:28
CEST 11:28
KST 18:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11376 users

GSL Low quality Non-sub - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
654 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 31 32 33 Next All
AxiomBlurr
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
786 Posts
January 09 2015 10:25 GMT
#21
On January 09 2015 19:23 NEEDZMOAR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2015 19:20 AxiomBlurr wrote:
Group A had High Quality allowed for non subs...WTF??? Not sure what is happening here I think it is an error that will be fixed...


I sure hope so, I refuse to watch gsl atm, theres no way in hell I'll pay 13.99$ a month for starcraft.


I will pay if I have to,,,but I highly doubt GOM would have introduced this restriction deliberately after the first round was streamed in High for free...
BlueStar
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
Bulgaria1177 Posts
January 09 2015 10:25 GMT
#22
On January 09 2015 19:16 shabby wrote:
I think this is for live tournaments. It says "8+ players on site", which is not the case in GSL.


720p is prerequisite to get 1800+ pts WCS tournament, not the 4 players (as much as i understand the graphic)

... Gom - they are getting back to the stone age of streaming? wtf
Leader of the Bulgarian National SCBW/SC2 team and team pSi.SCBW/SC2
CamoPillbox
Profile Joined April 2012
Czech Republic229 Posts
January 09 2015 10:26 GMT
#23
On January 09 2015 19:23 NEEDZMOAR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2015 19:20 AxiomBlurr wrote:
Group A had High Quality allowed for non subs...WTF??? Not sure what is happening here I think it is an error that will be fixed...


I sure hope so, I refuse to watch gsl atm, theres no way in hell I'll pay 13.99$ a month for starcraft.


Its not for month its for season so for 3 month still weird that not even medium is free...... And also u Get Max. High with this u need to pay 23$ for source quality thats even bigger bull....
Czech Terran(Hots) player
lamehater
Profile Joined February 2012
Sweden100 Posts
January 09 2015 10:26 GMT
#24
On January 09 2015 19:23 NEEDZMOAR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2015 19:20 AxiomBlurr wrote:
Group A had High Quality allowed for non subs...WTF??? Not sure what is happening here I think it is an error that will be fixed...


I sure hope so, I refuse to watch gsl atm, theres no way in hell I'll pay 13.99$ a month for starcraft.


It's not for a month, it's for a whole season.
Ctesias
Profile Joined December 2012
4595 Posts
January 09 2015 10:27 GMT
#25
I was planning on paying for a sub for GOM this year, but maybe it's smarter to wait a while to have some clarification on this.
Flash | Mvp
AxiomBlurr
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
786 Posts
January 09 2015 10:27 GMT
#26
On January 09 2015 19:24 Keeemy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2015 19:20 AxiomBlurr wrote:
Group A had High Quality allowed for non subs...WTF??? Not sure what is happening here I think it is an error that will be fixed...

Group A had free source and no sub button, so it was definitely an error then.

Now it's just GOM needing money and being greedy(ish).


Source required subs, I thought...for Group A...

but if not,,,,you are correct and this is a travesty!!!

Maby it could be forgiven if there was an infocast informing viewers of this situation....but given there was none (that I am aware of??) I will be mad devo if this is now the norm for GSL.
CamoPillbox
Profile Joined April 2012
Czech Republic229 Posts
January 09 2015 10:28 GMT
#27
On January 09 2015 19:25 BlueStar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2015 19:16 shabby wrote:
I think this is for live tournaments. It says "8+ players on site", which is not the case in GSL.


720p is prerequisite to get 1800+ pts WCS tournament, not the 4 players (as much as i understand the graphic)

... Gom - they are getting back to the stone age of streaming? wtf



Its like in politics they just found hole and want to abuse it hard.....
Czech Terran(Hots) player
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-09 10:28:08
January 09 2015 10:28 GMT
#28
I went ahead and contacted GOM regarding the Med quality sub issue. I am waiting to hear back from them.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
LingBlingBling
Profile Joined December 2012
United States353 Posts
January 09 2015 10:28 GMT
#29
On January 09 2015 19:27 AxiomBlurr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2015 19:24 Keeemy wrote:
On January 09 2015 19:20 AxiomBlurr wrote:
Group A had High Quality allowed for non subs...WTF??? Not sure what is happening here I think it is an error that will be fixed...

Group A had free source and no sub button, so it was definitely an error then.

Now it's just GOM needing money and being greedy(ish).


Source required subs, I thought...for Group A...

but if not,,,,you are correct and this is a travesty!!!

Maby it could be forgiven if there was an infocast informing viewers of this situation....but given there was none (that I am aware of??) I will be mad devo if this is now the norm for GSL.


Group A required a sub for source, High was free.
Remember our motto: We ain't got it.
AxiomBlurr
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
786 Posts
January 09 2015 10:29 GMT
#30
On January 09 2015 19:28 LingBlingBling wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2015 19:27 AxiomBlurr wrote:
On January 09 2015 19:24 Keeemy wrote:
On January 09 2015 19:20 AxiomBlurr wrote:
Group A had High Quality allowed for non subs...WTF??? Not sure what is happening here I think it is an error that will be fixed...

Group A had free source and no sub button, so it was definitely an error then.

Now it's just GOM needing money and being greedy(ish).


Source required subs, I thought...for Group A...

but if not,,,,you are correct and this is a travesty!!!

Maby it could be forgiven if there was an infocast informing viewers of this situation....but given there was none (that I am aware of??) I will be mad devo if this is now the norm for GSL.


Group A required a sub for source, High was free.


That was what I thought. Thank you for your clarification.
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
January 09 2015 10:29 GMT
#31
if we all pay for medium do we get off site special finals
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
AxiomBlurr
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
786 Posts
January 09 2015 10:29 GMT
#32
On January 09 2015 19:28 Seeker wrote:
I went ahead and contacted GOM regarding the Med quality sub issue. I am waiting to hear back from them.


Thank you Seeker!!~~ May angels on swift wings carry forth your request.
Keeemy
Profile Joined November 2012
Finland7855 Posts
January 09 2015 10:30 GMT
#33
Huh really? I'm sure it had source for free. Or maybe I'm thinking about something else hmm.
Hello
Die4Ever
Profile Joined August 2010
United States17750 Posts
January 09 2015 10:30 GMT
#34
On January 09 2015 19:29 lichter wrote:
if we all pay for medium do we get off site special finals

ha!
"Expert" mods4ever.com
AxiomBlurr
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
786 Posts
January 09 2015 10:30 GMT
#35
On January 09 2015 19:29 lichter wrote:
if we all pay for medium do we get off site special finals


hehe NO way~~ Love the Kespa Jail thing too~~
SoleSteeler
Profile Joined April 2003
Canada5472 Posts
January 09 2015 10:31 GMT
#36
I hope it's just a mistake.
JabuSeika
Profile Joined February 2014
United States607 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-09 10:31:51
January 09 2015 10:31 GMT
#37
If SSL is smart, next stream will 1080p free.

Oh hey GOM, you have competitors now.
Penev
Profile Joined October 2012
28536 Posts
January 09 2015 10:31 GMT
#38
On January 09 2015 19:28 Seeker wrote:
I went ahead and contacted GOM regarding the Med quality sub issue. I am waiting to hear back from them.

Thanks!
I Protoss winner, could it be?
BlueStar
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
Bulgaria1177 Posts
January 09 2015 10:32 GMT
#39
On January 09 2015 19:31 SoleSteeler wrote:
I hope it's just a mistake.


It can't be just a mistake.
You don't change settings by mistake. You need to put some effort in changing settings. They don't change on themselves.

sad world
HNY guys !
Leader of the Bulgarian National SCBW/SC2 team and team pSi.SCBW/SC2
Die4Ever
Profile Joined August 2010
United States17750 Posts
January 09 2015 10:33 GMT
#40
On January 09 2015 19:31 JabuSeika wrote:
If SSL is smart, next stream will 1080p free.

Oh hey GOM, you have competitors now.

I don't think that would be much competition, considering they'd be on at different times
"Expert" mods4ever.com
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 31 32 33 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech45
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 622
Hyuk 320
910 319
Soma 305
Horang2 230
BeSt 199
Light 198
Dewaltoss 79
EffOrt 67
Pusan 55
[ Show more ]
Killer 53
Shinee 49
Yoon 45
Mong 38
Mind 31
NotJumperer 30
ZerO 29
Bale 27
sorry 23
ZergMaN 19
yabsab 18
Rush 15
Sharp 10
Noble 9
Terrorterran 4
Dota 2
XcaliburYe260
League of Legends
JimRising 412
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1352
pashabiceps296
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2710
Khaldor588
Other Games
gofns27272
singsing1301
ceh9641
XBOCT328
Pyrionflax121
Mew2King114
DeMusliM80
ArmadaUGS42
ZerO(Twitch)2
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick633
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream271
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH218
• LUISG 31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2263
League of Legends
• Jankos1229
• Stunt457
Other Games
• WagamamaTV148
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
1h 32m
Stellar Fest
3h 32m
The PondCast
1d
OSC
1d 3h
Stellar Fest
1d 3h
OSC
1d 14h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.