• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:05
CEST 19:05
KST 02:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8989 users

GSL Low quality Non-sub - Page 25

Forum Index > SC2 General
654 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 33 Next All
Negius
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands290 Posts
January 14 2015 15:43 GMT
#481
I personally have no problem with paying for Code S/Code A, I think $15 is a really sweet deal.
However I can see that people don't like it that the non-subscribers are this worse off. It would be nice to have a simple solution soon. Maybe they can up the quality and make normal accessible or upload/stream also on Youtube/Azubu or something.

Still, Wolf is making a fair point: the way the world works is that if you like an idea, you should be prepared to at least throw some money at it when you're an adult. I feel bad for people who can't pay for twitch subscriptions because of different reasons, but the past three matchdays I see a lot of people subscribing to the stream and everytime it happens I feel a little better for the future of SC2.
[Terran] mvp | maru | innovation | mma [Protoss] mc | squirtle [Zerg] nestea | soo
geokilla
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada8255 Posts
January 14 2015 15:57 GMT
#482
This only hit the front page of TL now. I bet Gom isn't going to change anything either. Can we complain to Blizzard?
EngrishTeacher
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Canada1109 Posts
January 14 2015 16:12 GMT
#483
You can watch all GSL vods on youku and sometimes on youtube, but it will either be in Chinese or Vietnamese.

I know the language so it isn't a problem for me, but you can always mute and play music or something.
Noonius
Profile Joined April 2012
Estonia17413 Posts
January 14 2015 16:16 GMT
#484
here's a wild fucking idea. Have ESL take over. Like they did with the NA scene.
Terran forever | Maru hater forever
resfirestar
Profile Joined January 2012
United States109 Posts
January 14 2015 16:20 GMT
#485
On January 15 2015 01:12 EngrishTeacher wrote:
You can watch all GSL vods on youku and sometimes on youtube, but it will either be in Chinese or Vietnamese.

I know the language so it isn't a problem for me, but you can always mute and play music or something.

The GOM eXP Korea youtube channel has always been free. I still prefer having the games cast in an understandable language.
Clonester
Profile Joined August 2014
Germany2808 Posts
January 14 2015 16:25 GMT
#486
Nah Korean Casters are totally fine. With the aaaah and oooohs and GEEEGEEE you understand 70% of what they talk about.

I watch GSL in korean atm because there is no alternative. Shure, I subbed last season, before the semis, because the whole season was great. I could have done it this season, but not when I have to watch in low for so long. And I dont pay for products that will get maybe in the future. Maybe they cancel medium for subs too, who knows.

SSL and SPL are much more viewer friendly, both to subs and frees and thus they are my main part of Starcraft II experience. Mabye I watch some games of WCS when Hydra, Polt and FORGG play out the semis. And weekenders. That will it be for now, because GOM is just giving its viewers a high five. In the Face. With a crowbar.
Bomber, Attacker, DD, SOMEBODY, NiKo, Nex, Spidii
Yoshirou_Iba
Profile Joined January 2013
Paraguay37 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-14 16:36:08
January 14 2015 16:35 GMT
#487
.... nevermind
KappaKingPrime
Profile Joined May 2014
United States468 Posts
January 14 2015 16:55 GMT
#488
At least audio quality seems to be good ._.
EngrishTeacher
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Canada1109 Posts
January 14 2015 16:59 GMT
#489
On January 15 2015 01:20 resfirestar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2015 01:12 EngrishTeacher wrote:
You can watch all GSL vods on youku and sometimes on youtube, but it will either be in Chinese or Vietnamese.

I know the language so it isn't a problem for me, but you can always mute and play music or something.

The GOM eXP Korea youtube channel has always been free. I still prefer having the games cast in an understandable language.


Oh nice, just checked out the channel, I actually prefer Korean over English, Korean casters are just so much more passionate.

A bit difficult to find the games you want though, everything is in Korean with no spoilers.
shid0x
Profile Joined July 2012
Korea (South)5014 Posts
January 14 2015 17:28 GMT
#490
GOM was always like this, they like to make us look like fools.
Even their so called "HD streams" back in the day were crap.
RIP MKP
The_Masked_Shrimp
Profile Joined February 2012
425 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-14 17:40:53
January 14 2015 17:38 GMT
#491
On January 15 2015 01:59 EngrishTeacher wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2015 01:20 resfirestar wrote:
On January 15 2015 01:12 EngrishTeacher wrote:
You can watch all GSL vods on youku and sometimes on youtube, but it will either be in Chinese or Vietnamese.

I know the language so it isn't a problem for me, but you can always mute and play music or something.

The GOM eXP Korea youtube channel has always been free. I still prefer having the games cast in an understandable language.


Oh nice, just checked out the channel, I actually prefer Korean over English, Korean casters are just so much more passionate.

A bit difficult to find the games you want though, everything is in Korean with no spoilers.


You can readt he round, the group letter, then the first number is the game number in a match, and the last number in the name of the video is the match number.

32-----B------3----1

--- are korean nonsense ( ^o^), so it would be round of 32, group B, third game of the first match. So you want to watch 1----1 , then 2---1, then 3---1 and then 1----2, 2----2 etc.
Mahanaim
Profile Joined December 2012
Korea (South)1002 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-14 17:49:30
January 14 2015 17:48 GMT
#492
back to the good ol' 2011 days where we only had low quality available for non-subs (+ gom player).
Celebrating Starcraft since... a long time ago.
Moxx82
Profile Joined August 2011
United States53 Posts
January 14 2015 18:52 GMT
#493
I tried tuning in Hurt my eyes on low quality. Tried to go to medium and it said I needed to subscribe. I finished watching that match and then left and havent been back. Won't be going back to low quality streams either.

Side note: i've tried to watch 2 dingit showmatches. Both skipped audio and video the whole time no matter what quality i tried to use.

It's sad that stream quality and VOD systems were BETTER, and are now getting worse instead of progressing.
top 3 (sphincter) control
Jeremy Reimer
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada1225 Posts
January 14 2015 19:02 GMT
#494
I've paid for access to GOM since Tasteless was casting Brood War, and I'm happy to continue to do so. It's worth it just to get VOD access, and to support Tasteless and Artosis (and Baby Tosis!)

Having said that, live streams should be free and at least Medium quality.

"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." -- Carl Sagan
Siphyo
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands121 Posts
January 14 2015 19:04 GMT
#495
I had the opportunity to watch the GSL today, and I thought the 480p quality was just fine, especially considered that it is FREE. Then again, if Blizzard prescribes that they should be offering 720p for free then there is no excuse for them to not do so. All the other complaints I see in this thread ("couldn't see shit", "eyes 'r hurt") make no sense to me. Either these people are incredibly spoiled, or they have terrible (or super amazing?) eyesight.
HSY - KMK - Hyomin - Yoona - Sojin | NesTea - DRG - Puzzle - Bomber - NANIWA
hfsrj
Profile Joined October 2012
Germany166 Posts
January 14 2015 19:04 GMT
#496
I must say they improved the vod system on twich, its not as bad as it was.
And GSL is usually good value for money.
ilikeredheads
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada1995 Posts
January 14 2015 19:06 GMT
#497
On January 15 2015 04:04 Siphyo wrote:
I had the opportunity to watch the GSL today, and I thought the 480p quality was just fine, especially considered that it is FREE. Then again, if Blizzard prescribes that they should be offering 720p for free then there is no excuse for them to not do so. All the other complaints I see in this thread ("couldn't see shit", "eyes 'r hurt") make no sense to me. Either these people are incredibly spoiled, or they have terrible (or super amazing?) eyesight.


its 360p. 480p is behind a paywall.
xuanzue
Profile Joined October 2010
Colombia1747 Posts
January 14 2015 19:33 GMT
#498
On January 15 2015 00:57 geokilla wrote:
Can we complain to Blizzard?


Is the only place to complain.

SSL give more value than gsl to the sc2 scene. so they deserve more support (more wcs points) from blizzard.
Dominions 4: "Thrones of Ascension".
Mistakes
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1104 Posts
January 14 2015 19:47 GMT
#499
Man I haven't stayed awake to watch the live stream. Usually I'm super pumped to stay awake (especially for GSL since their vods have sucked for awhile now). But I'm not so excited to watch 360p at 3am... So I fall asleep. Watch the first game of each set off of their youtube page. Check results. It sucks, but it's what I've found to be the most pleasing.
StarCraft | www.psistorm.com | www.twitter.com/MistakesSC | www.twitch.tv/MistakesSC | Seattle
Beyond Magic
Profile Joined August 2011
Finland130 Posts
January 14 2015 20:10 GMT
#500
I guess Tastosis doesn't come cheap + the rest of the staff/equipment for english broadcast.
gg
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 33 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
Laughngamez YouTube
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 190
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 553
IndyStarCraft 190
BRAT_OK 53
MindelVK 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 26311
Shuttle 1079
Hyuk 416
Mini 411
firebathero 191
hero 86
Sexy 78
ggaemo 77
Killer 53
Mong 48
[ Show more ]
Liquid`Ret 48
Hyun 42
Trap 40
PianO 28
ToSsGirL 26
Rock 17
zelot 17
Bale 10
Sacsri 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
Gorgc10567
qojqva1511
Dendi967
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1395
crisheroes1307
Liquid`Hasu689
Other Games
FrodaN2090
fl0m1437
Beastyqt849
Grubby829
Mlord484
Hui .235
Livibee181
Liquid`VortiX172
ArmadaUGS131
KnowMe125
Mew2King54
Trikslyr36
ToD23
CosmosSc2 15
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick330
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream58
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 37
• mYiSmile122
• Adnapsc2 18
• LUISG 1
• printf 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki17
• Michael_bg 14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7926
Other Games
• Shiphtur343
• WagamamaTV248
• imaqtpie114
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1h 55m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 55m
INu's Battles
18h 55m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
21h 55m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
Replay Cast
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 16h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 17h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.