• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:52
CEST 10:52
KST 17:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11585 users

GOMTV rebrands as GOMeXP, switches to TwitchTV - Page 13

Forum Index > SC2 General
321 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 17 Next All
DwD
Profile Joined January 2010
Sweden8621 Posts
December 03 2013 19:25 GMT
#241
Didnt read all 12 pages but if they are gonna upload VOD's on their youtube account wont that make the VOD's free? Or is there a paywall for youtube aswell?
~ T-ARA ~ DREAMCATCHER ~ EVERGLOW ~ OH MY GIRL ~ DIA ~ BOL4 ~ CHUNGHA ~
HolyArrow
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7116 Posts
December 03 2013 19:26 GMT
#242
Ugh, twitch lags pretty hard for me at times while I found the Gom stream to be quite dependable. Pretty disappointed in this move IMO, twitch has too much of monopoly on streaming and has let their service become sloppy. I'd prefer to not support them if possible until they fix their shit.
emythrel
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United Kingdom2599 Posts
December 03 2013 19:29 GMT
#243
On December 03 2013 11:25 ShowTheLights wrote:
Gom streaming never lagged -.-


You must be trolling or not around for the early GSLs....... ;p
When there is nothing left to lose but your dignity, it is already gone.
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
December 03 2013 19:39 GMT
#244
On December 04 2013 04:29 emythrel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 03 2013 11:25 ShowTheLights wrote:
Gom streaming never lagged -.-


You must be trolling or not around for the early GSLs....... ;p


Oh yeah, I can back that one up. I cannot think of one host that I didn't have issues with. It happens from time to time. The amount of exposure I've had with Twitch though is ridiculous and that's why their technical issues are so prevalent when it comes to my experience with them. I don't like monopolies man.
nukkuj
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Finland403 Posts
December 03 2013 19:39 GMT
#245
Purchased whole year for VODs, I hope twitch will do fine as a streaming/VOD platform.

GSL fighting!
Penev
Profile Joined October 2012
28536 Posts
December 03 2013 19:44 GMT
#246
Hmm. At least have Angela announce it..
+ Show Spoiler +
I Protoss winner, could it be?
dabom88
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States3483 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-03 19:49:12
December 03 2013 19:48 GMT
#247
On December 04 2013 04:21 ndesktop wrote:
[rant]
GOM sucked ass (I don't know, I think i reinstalled the player more than all windows versions since 1992). Twitch suck MAJOR ass, stop support for SmartTV (rlly, upgrading to newer flash supported means is quicker? ha); "Loading channel data" and that's it; multitwitch.tv stopped working on TV as well - countless problems.
And stream freezes *always* on the most storm, or nuke, or 50 roaches, or something. Funny I don't recall such lags on Broodwar days. The technology, I suppose. Or maybe sockets changed drastically in the new mobile world.

I don't know about you, but Twitch works fine for me on my SmartTV with a DLNA server like Serviio. You can message me if you want instructions, I'd be happy to help you out with getting Twitch to work on your SmartTV.
You should not have to pay to watch the GSL, Proleague, or OSL at a reasonable time. That is not "fine" and it's BS to say otherwise. My sig since 2011. http://www.youtube.com/user/dabom88
IcookTacos
Profile Joined December 2011
Sweden295 Posts
December 03 2013 19:49 GMT
#248
Questionable decisions
Life | Ryung | Mvp | MarineKing | Jaedong | Bisu | HerO
neptunusfisk
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
2286 Posts
December 03 2013 19:49 GMT
#249
On December 03 2013 11:26 RaZorwire wrote:
Awesome to have all of their vods more easily available, obviously.



gomtv vods >>> twitch vods
maru G5L pls
Davkaus
Profile Joined October 2013
United Kingdom368 Posts
December 03 2013 19:50 GMT
#250
I've had a Gom premium ticket for GSL and GSTL for 2 years. Another customer lost due to Twitch's poor performance in Europe. I hope the bandwidth savings are enough to make up for all of the lost subscriptions.
Hrrrrm
Profile Joined March 2010
United States2081 Posts
December 03 2013 19:55 GMT
#251
On December 04 2013 03:20 Mysticesper wrote:
Well I know they had issues with people not wanting to / cannot install their GOM player on their computers.

Though they did remedy this with their own in-house streaming system, which seemed to work fine.

Twitch would get them more exposure though.


Unless they rebroadcast the matches at US/EU friendly times they will not get more exposure. The matches will still take place in the middle of the night in the US and early morning hours in EU. The VOD's will be behind paywalls and those curious tuning in LIVE will be greeted with fantastic "Medium" 480p quality.

I wish GOM well but, I do not see any growth in this strategy. I just see less subscribers in EU due to the move to Twitch even though it might save them some money. That'll be less EU's paying for the games, watching the games, and ultimately talking about the games. This feels like "our only choice" option. It'll be interesting to see the landscape in another year.
alot = a lot (TWO WORDS)
Lorch
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany3711 Posts
December 03 2013 19:55 GMT
#252
Oh god I just realized the worst part of this. They said they'd make 2010-2012 vods available via youtube and then using twitch starting next year right? Well that pretty much means that all the Intel Classic stuff and everything else that was available via gomtv.net from the pre sc2 time may be lost forever soon.
QCD
Profile Joined September 2012
Suriname81 Posts
December 03 2013 20:25 GMT
#253
awesome, so this means code S is FREE
Mo0rbid
Profile Joined March 2012
Sweden5 Posts
December 03 2013 20:25 GMT
#254
Medium quality on twitch is like 360p... And twitch is nearly unwatchable for me in northern europe. It stutters like crazy. I'd much rather prefer if they kept their independant stream instead of moving everything to twitch.
TJ31
Profile Joined October 2012
630 Posts
December 03 2013 20:34 GMT
#255
On December 04 2013 05:25 Mo0rbid wrote:
Medium quality on twitch is like 360p...

Should be 480p, at least on paper. But as we know, 720p/1080p on twitch or youtube is far from the real thing anyway.

And I like that decision. Gomplayer was terrible and even later, I couldn't watch HQ streams on GOM's site because it was stuttering like crazy, even downloading vods was painful (something like 1mb/s at best). While twitch works for me most of the time, I usually can watch multiple high/source streams just fine.
Maybe it's time to support gom again, but not sure yet, I rarely can watch GSL live and I kinda don't bother watching VODs anymore...
dabom88
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States3483 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-03 20:45:39
December 03 2013 20:36 GMT
#256
On December 04 2013 05:25 QCD wrote:
awesome, so this means code S is FREE

Please actually read the announcement. It's only free if you watch the stream at around 480p. No thank you.

Only vods from 2010-2012 are free. If you want your current, high quality SC2 for free, GOM is not the place.

On December 04 2013 05:34 TJ31 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2013 05:25 Mo0rbid wrote:
Medium quality on twitch is like 360p...

Should be 480p, at least on paper. But as we know, 720p/1080p on twitch or youtube is far from the real thing anyway.

And I like that decision. Gomplayer was terrible and even later, I couldn't watch HQ streams on GOM's site because it was stuttering like crazy, even downloading vods was painful (something like 1mb/s at best). While twitch works for me most of the time, I usually can watch multiple high/source streams just fine.
Maybe it's time to support gom again, but not sure yet, I rarely can watch GSL live and I kinda don't bother watching VODs anymore...

Then please, I encourage you not to support them. Show them that this not the way you want to consume SC2 content. Protest with your wallet.

It's what I'm doing, and will encourage others to do the same.
You should not have to pay to watch the GSL, Proleague, or OSL at a reasonable time. That is not "fine" and it's BS to say otherwise. My sig since 2011. http://www.youtube.com/user/dabom88
GreyKnight
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4720 Posts
December 03 2013 20:49 GMT
#257
On December 04 2013 05:36 dabom88 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2013 05:25 QCD wrote:
awesome, so this means code S is FREE

Please actually read the announcement. It's only free if you watch the stream at around 480p. No thank you.

Only vods from 2010-2012 are free. If you want your current, high quality SC2 for free, GOM is not the place.

Show nested quote +
On December 04 2013 05:34 TJ31 wrote:
On December 04 2013 05:25 Mo0rbid wrote:
Medium quality on twitch is like 360p...

Should be 480p, at least on paper. But as we know, 720p/1080p on twitch or youtube is far from the real thing anyway.

And I like that decision. Gomplayer was terrible and even later, I couldn't watch HQ streams on GOM's site because it was stuttering like crazy, even downloading vods was painful (something like 1mb/s at best). While twitch works for me most of the time, I usually can watch multiple high/source streams just fine.
Maybe it's time to support gom again, but not sure yet, I rarely can watch GSL live and I kinda don't bother watching VODs anymore...

Then please, I encourage you not to support them. Show them that this not the way you want to consume SC2 content. Protest with your wallet.

It's what I'm doing, and will encourage others to do the same.


why would he not support them if he was agreeing with their decision to switch to twitchtv? are you even reading what he's saying
perfidiusrex
Profile Joined December 2013
Belgium78 Posts
December 03 2013 20:50 GMT
#258
On December 04 2013 05:36 dabom88 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2013 05:25 QCD wrote:
awesome, so this means code S is FREE

Please actually read the announcement. It's only free if you watch the stream at around 480p. No thank you.

Only vods from 2010-2012 are free. If you want your current, high quality SC2 for free, GOM is not the place.

Show nested quote +
On December 04 2013 05:34 TJ31 wrote:
On December 04 2013 05:25 Mo0rbid wrote:
Medium quality on twitch is like 360p...

Should be 480p, at least on paper. But as we know, 720p/1080p on twitch or youtube is far from the real thing anyway.

And I like that decision. Gomplayer was terrible and even later, I couldn't watch HQ streams on GOM's site because it was stuttering like crazy, even downloading vods was painful (something like 1mb/s at best). While twitch works for me most of the time, I usually can watch multiple high/source streams just fine.
Maybe it's time to support gom again, but not sure yet, I rarely can watch GSL live and I kinda don't bother watching VODs anymore...

Then please, I encourage you not to support them. Show them that this not the way you want to consume SC2 content. Protest with your wallet.

It's what I'm doing, and will encourage others to do the same.


considering the state of korean sc2 i would really not suggest you start the blockade agains them.dota2 is growing in korea.its not like they are 100% dependent on sc2 anymore.besides the reason they renounced the videoplayer in the first place most likely means they were not making enough money from subscriptions to keep them online.
Jaedong fan
DasHawk
Profile Joined August 2010
Denmark362 Posts
December 03 2013 20:52 GMT
#259
Crap, Twitch is so fucking unstable. Never had any issues with the GOM streaming og their VOD's. Hate Twitch's VOD system :-/
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
December 03 2013 21:05 GMT
#260
Love the mousewheel effect!
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 1151
soO 436
Hyuk 384
Mini 227
ZerO 163
Killer 63
Shinee 52
Mind 39
PianO 27
Bale 25
[ Show more ]
Mong 24
Terrorterran 17
ZergMaN 11
yabsab 10
HiyA 10
Dota 2
XaKoH 667
XcaliburYe327
League of Legends
JimRising 438
Counter-Strike
byalli543
Other Games
olofmeister875
ceh9647
singsing623
Happy406
Livibee198
crisheroes185
Mew2King70
ArmadaUGS60
ZerO(Twitch)9
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH376
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2307
League of Legends
• Jankos1430
• Rush1338
• Stunt409
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 8m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
2h 8m
Monday Night Weeklies
7h 8m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 1h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 15h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.