• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:25
CEST 00:25
KST 07:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6080 users

Boxer steps down as SKT head coach, replaced by iloveoov -…

Forum Index > SC2 General
199 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 Next All
IcookTacos
Profile Joined December 2011
Sweden295 Posts
September 26 2013 14:35 GMT
#161
Aw man, it was so fun seeing him together with SKTT1 at SPL, I just love the dude so much, hope he won't be gone entirely!
Life | Ryung | Mvp | MarineKing | Jaedong | Bisu | HerO
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12056 Posts
September 26 2013 14:56 GMT
#162
On September 26 2013 23:24 forumtext wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2013 22:49 Sated wrote:
On September 26 2013 13:45 NovemberstOrm wrote:
On September 26 2013 10:15 Fionn wrote:
Wasn't Boxer considered an awful coach.

All hail our new Gorilla Overlord.

I don't see why though SKT1 got fourth in proleague which is pretty good and their players are doing well it seems silly to call him a "bad coach" I have no idea about his coaching in BW though.

also a couple of interesting tweets from huk


From what conversations I remember with boxer. He was initially suppose to only be the terran coach for SKT.





After some time he was suppose to coach all members, which he said was really hard for him; to much. He said it was a big burden on him.


That would make sense. In most sports you have different coaches for different roles. For instance, football teams will usually have specific goalkeeping coaches, since their training is vastly different to outfield players. I doubt the money is there for a team to have full-time Protoss, Zerg and Terran coaches, though...


If it's only because of workload then Oov coming back to assist him will be the best Boxer can hope for, so why not stay? On the other hand, if this is indeed about workload and Oov comes back then single handedly turn SKT around, what does this say about Boxer as a head coach? I don't see any other coach being hired so it's obvious that the management think 2 coach is enough.

I guess it really depend on how serious is this "unspecified health issue" really is. But with the wording/timing of Oov announcement(why not just tell us he is replacing Boxer if you are gonna to announce it a few days later?) I highly doubt that the health issue is the main reason for his departure. Also look how short the retirement announcement is, FFS this is Slayers_Boxer we are talking about, there should be a huge farewell party hosted by the heads of Esport and Yellow.


It doesnt say he's leaving, just stepping down from being head coach I think.
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
Holdenintherye
Profile Joined December 2012
Canada1441 Posts
September 26 2013 15:30 GMT
#163
Well goodluck to boxer whatever he does now.
never_Nal
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Costa Rica676 Posts
September 26 2013 16:07 GMT
#164
Boxer will probably help the players train certain things, I see BoxeR as the second hand as Oov. If I recall correctly when Oov became coach at SKT we saw Fantasy rise, this will be interesting to see
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
September 26 2013 16:12 GMT
#165
Boxer leading SKT to 4th place finish in the last PL. Possible that head management wasn't too happy about that even though they actually went down to the wire with STX and could've won the series(lost 4-3 both if I recall). Either way, best of luck to Boxer! I doubt he'll leave esports seeing how it's his life but who knows lol
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
XiaoJoyce-
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
China2908 Posts
September 26 2013 16:18 GMT
#166
On September 27 2013 01:12 BigFan wrote:
Boxer leading SKT to 4th place finish in the last PL. Possible that head management wasn't too happy about that even though they actually went down to the wire with STX and could've won the series(lost 4-3 both if I recall). Either way, best of luck to Boxer! I doubt he'll leave esports seeing how it's his life but who knows lol


Yea~, I remember they make it to Ace match. But Fantasy and Rain didnt manage to beat Innovation in 2 days.

Does it happen this way? I cannot remember...

I only remember one ace match Fantasy do proxy starport and his full medivac get stopped by widowmine and fail.

Did Rain go for 2nd day ace match? Or is it fantasy again? Or there is only 1 ace match?

Anyway, IloveOOV has big impact memories in my mind somehow. His expression during clutch moment. And oso those build named after him. And all those jokes+comments about Fantasy crown prince needing OOV and BoxeR.

So I am hyped to see how he will influence the whole team
Pew! Pew! Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!
prabhbhambra13
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom424 Posts
September 26 2013 16:26 GMT
#167
On September 27 2013 01:18 XiaoJoyce- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 27 2013 01:12 BigFan wrote:
Boxer leading SKT to 4th place finish in the last PL. Possible that head management wasn't too happy about that even though they actually went down to the wire with STX and could've won the series(lost 4-3 both if I recall). Either way, best of luck to Boxer! I doubt he'll leave esports seeing how it's his life but who knows lol


Yea~, I remember they make it to Ace match. But Fantasy and Rain didnt manage to beat Innovation in 2 days.

Does it happen this way? I cannot remember...

I only remember one ace match Fantasy do proxy starport and his full medivac get stopped by widowmine and fail.

Did Rain go for 2nd day ace match? Or is it fantasy again? Or there is only 1 ace match?

Anyway, IloveOOV has big impact memories in my mind somehow. His expression during clutch moment. And oso those build named after him. And all those jokes+comments about Fantasy crown prince needing OOV and BoxeR.

So I am hyped to see how he will influence the whole team


The 2nd set went to an ace match too. Rain vs Innovation on Neo Planet S. Rain tried to go with an oracle opener but it didn't work
SECO SECO SECO
Kazeyonoma
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2912 Posts
September 26 2013 16:40 GMT
#168
hope this isn't BoxeR's shoulder bothering him again. I have 0 doubts he did his best in his coaching efforts but sometimes players don't execute, or strategies fail. GL to him in the future, and i'd be lying if I said i wasn't excited for iloveoov's return to SKT.
I now have autographs of both BoxeR and NaDa. I can die happy. Lim Yo Hwan and Lee Yun Yeol FIGHTING forever!
LamaMitHut
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany187 Posts
September 26 2013 18:48 GMT
#169
wasn´t iloveoov a wc3 player?
lolfail9001
Profile Joined August 2013
Russian Federation40190 Posts
September 26 2013 18:50 GMT
#170
On September 27 2013 03:48 LamaMitHut wrote:
wasn´t iloveoov a wc3 player?

Who knows, but TL certainly knows him as BW player and coach. And good one at that.
DeMoN pulls off a Miracle and Flies to the Moon
Jayson X
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Switzerland2431 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-26 18:52:20
September 26 2013 18:51 GMT
#171
On September 26 2013 10:04 itsjustatank wrote:
\o/ oov is back


oh yes baby!

On September 27 2013 03:48 LamaMitHut wrote:
wasn´t iloveoov a wc3 player?


No he is one of the bonjwas!
God that feels so long ago
Limelights
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States219 Posts
September 26 2013 18:51 GMT
#172
Not a bad replacement!
SamirDuran
Profile Joined May 2012
Philippines895 Posts
September 26 2013 18:57 GMT
#173
On September 27 2013 03:48 LamaMitHut wrote:
wasn´t iloveoov a wc3 player?


you lurk in sc2 forums and you don't even know iloveoov?
Don't practice until you can get it right, practice until you can't get it wrong.
Phyanketto
Profile Joined September 2011
United States607 Posts
September 26 2013 19:02 GMT
#174
On September 27 2013 03:57 SamirDuran wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 27 2013 03:48 LamaMitHut wrote:
wasn´t iloveoov a wc3 player?


you lurk in sc2 forums and you don't even know iloveoov?

Seriously, that's like not knowing who Babe Ruth is.
세 가지 제어
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12056 Posts
September 26 2013 19:04 GMT
#175
On September 27 2013 04:02 Phyanketto wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 27 2013 03:57 SamirDuran wrote:
On September 27 2013 03:48 LamaMitHut wrote:
wasn´t iloveoov a wc3 player?


you lurk in sc2 forums and you don't even know iloveoov?

Seriously, that's like not knowing who Babe Ruth is.


I don't think that's a very good analogy because if it hadn't have been for internet posts I probably wouldn't know who Babe Ruth is either.

I mean if you don't follow SC:BW at the time or even up until a few years ago there's a high chance of not having any idea who oov is. I luckily always knew him as SKT's coach, but it's understandable if you're new to the scene you wouldn't know him.
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33702 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-26 19:37:50
September 26 2013 19:37 GMT
#176
it's kind of surprising how iloveoov has received none of the hype the other ex-BW guys have, I guess it's because his army coincided pretty much exactly so that he had no chance to be involved at all in SC2.

But in any case, he's most certainly above July, bisu, stork, jangbi in the all time rankings, and comparable to non-disgraced savior and jaedong
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
larse
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
1611 Posts
September 26 2013 19:48 GMT
#177
Boxer is a player not a coach.

Oov is both a player and a coach.
Hryul
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Austria2609 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-26 20:09:59
September 26 2013 19:56 GMT
#178
On September 26 2013 09:58 Lokerek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2013 09:57 noxtherox wrote:
what will boxer do now ?


Question is "What will Jessica do now?"

Honestly I think this is a good decision for SKT.
Iirc Boxer wasn't handling the situation the best way and I got the impression that he should have stepped in at the slayers drama earlier and more decisive. I therefore think Boxer isn't the best choice as a head coach making difficult decisions and such. But slayers BFH builds were awesome

E:
On September 27 2013 03:48 LamaMitHut wrote:
wasn´t iloveoov a wc3 player?

I think you mean FoV.
Countdown to victory: 1 200!
Destructicon
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
4713 Posts
September 26 2013 23:27 GMT
#179
Well, every story can have a silver lining.
Hopefully BoxeR's heart is still in SC2. If it is then we could yet see the return of the Emperor in some form or another, whether it be as a player or as a coach, of either a well known team or a pet project of his own, and even regardless if he does something none SC2 related, I will always cheer for and support our beloved terran Emperor.
WriterNever give up, never surrender! https://www.youtube.com/user/DestructiconSC
XiaoJoyce-
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
China2908 Posts
September 27 2013 00:31 GMT
#180
On September 27 2013 04:04 Qikz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 27 2013 04:02 Phyanketto wrote:
On September 27 2013 03:57 SamirDuran wrote:
On September 27 2013 03:48 LamaMitHut wrote:
wasn´t iloveoov a wc3 player?


you lurk in sc2 forums and you don't even know iloveoov?

Seriously, that's like not knowing who Babe Ruth is.


I don't think that's a very good analogy because if it hadn't have been for internet posts I probably wouldn't know who Babe Ruth is either.

I mean if you don't follow SC:BW at the time or even up until a few years ago there's a high chance of not having any idea who oov is. I luckily always knew him as SKT's coach, but it's understandable if you're new to the scene you wouldn't know him.


Hey I know IloveOOV, but not Babe Ruth. I thought Ruth is some beautiful Babe every1 noe about. Then I google it...
Pew! Pew! Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 35m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 133
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 160
Artosis 136
firebathero 87
910 43
NaDa 29
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm127
monkeys_forever94
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0193
PPMD77
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9235
Liquid`Hasu1726
Trikslyr86
Other Games
summit1g8005
Liquid`RaSZi3585
shahzam598
JimRising 279
B2W.Neo188
Pyrionflax174
ArmadaUGS85
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream309
Other Games
BasetradeTV191
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 80
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 29
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1136
Other Games
• imaqtpie1185
• Shiphtur200
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 35m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 35m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 1h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.