• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:14
CEST 18:14
KST 01:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7741 users

SC2 Power Rank - September 2013 - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
339 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 15 16 17 Next All
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-05 01:44:27
September 05 2013 01:41 GMT
#41
On September 05 2013 10:37 bo1b wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2013 10:17 blade55555 wrote:
On September 05 2013 10:11 bo1b wrote:
Rain should be rank 3 imo, he did reasonably well in proleague.

Trolling aside it's good to see a new power rank

Despite jaedong being my favourite zerg, at this juncture in time I really disagree with him being 4th on the list.


Why is that? He made back to back finals in august (wcs AM and WCS finals) beating good players as a result.

Tbh I don't agree with Taeja being at 2 (not saying Jaedong should be, honestly 2 is hard to say who I would put, but I just don't feel it should be Taeja).

I just feel that going 0-8 vs terrans in finals is pretty good reason to not put him as 4. He would probably be the best player in the world if his zvt was better, but it's not and he's not.

Maybe I'm just being overly conservative, but being top5 in a power rank to me means not having a crippling weakness.


Well it was all in the finals when he got 4-0'd. I mean I just don't see losing 4-0 twice in the finals (to good players) being seen as not a good player. Taeja has only made 1 final all year where as jaedong has made way more (unfortunately hasn't won any). While I know this is only for august, making 2 finals should count for something even if getting 4-0'd.

I mean maru won the OSL then took an early bomb out of korea finals. Dunno I just don't see losing twice in the finals as a bad thing or not being seen as a top 5 player especially when the players been doing it for the past few months (I know this is augusts ranking).

Finals is still an amazing result especially being able to do it back to back. I feel like people put too much emphasis on winning tournaments, there can only be 1 winner and making the finals is no easy feat either, just like winning it.

On September 05 2013 10:41 Dodgin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2013 10:39 figq wrote:
On September 05 2013 10:35 stuchiu wrote:
On September 05 2013 10:27 figq wrote:
Lol, this is ridiculous. Probably the most absurd one to date.

With the now official crowning of Bomber as "the best in the world" (lololol), I hereby declare the new "curse" of winning a WCS Season Final. You win one, you get super mega ultra hyped, and before late, you drop miserably off the chart. Innovation check, Bomber soon to check too.


You did read this part right?

A review, not a predictor: The PR is a rating based on previous results, not a scouting report for who will do well in the future. We can't believe this is not completely obvious.
And I don't presume that you predict anything. It's just the whole "oh the best etc etc". The curse of WCS Season Champions is not directly related to this, with it or without it, it just kinda happens on its own. People take winning this thing way too seriously as if it actually means the guy is the best, when he could easily not be.


How are you ever going to know who's truly best, stay in their team houses, watch them practice and decide for yourself who plays the best? Bomber won the biggest and most important tournament, so in that month he was the best. It seems pretty simple to me.


That and bomber lost to rain in the semi finals of wcs korea. He deserves #1 for sure.

On September 05 2013 10:35 FiWiFaKi wrote:
Pretty much don't agree with anything.

You change the rankings way too much from one month. How could you move Innovation and Rain down so low? They've been so dominant recently. How could you put Bomber into the best player spot after like what, one good tournament? This is all silly. Jaedong top 4 is still a month or two early.

Please consider the past 3-4 months when making the ranking please =/ Sorry about criticism, I just feel like this adds more confusion to what's happening in the scene opposed to who is really doing well long-term.


How many times does jaedong (or any good player) have to make the finals before he can be deemed worthy of top 5? :/
When I think of something else, something will go here
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
September 05 2013 01:41 GMT
#42
On September 05 2013 10:39 figq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2013 10:35 stuchiu wrote:
On September 05 2013 10:27 figq wrote:
Lol, this is ridiculous. Probably the most absurd one to date.

With the now official crowning of Bomber as "the best in the world" (lololol), I hereby declare the new "curse" of winning a WCS Season Final. You win one, you get super mega ultra hyped, and before late, you drop miserably off the chart. Innovation check, Bomber soon to check too.


You did read this part right?

A review, not a predictor: The PR is a rating based on previous results, not a scouting report for who will do well in the future. We can't believe this is not completely obvious.
And I don't presume that you predict anything. It's just the whole "oh the best etc etc". The curse of WCS Season Champions is not directly related to this, with it or without it, it just kinda happens on its own. People take winning this thing way too seriously as if it actually means the guy is the best, when he could easily not be.


How are you ever going to know who's truly best, stay in their team houses, watch them practice and decide for yourself who plays the best? Bomber won the biggest and most important tournament, so in that month he was the best. It seems pretty simple to me.
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-05 01:42:42
September 05 2013 01:42 GMT
#43
On September 05 2013 10:35 FiWiFaKi wrote:
Pretty much don't agree with anything.

You change the rankings way too much from one month. How could you move Innovation and Rain down so low? They've been so dominant recently. How could you put Bomber into the best player spot after like what, one good tournament? This is all silly. Jaedong top 4 is still a month or two early.

Please consider the past 3-4 months when making the ranking please =/ Sorry about criticism, I just feel like this adds more confusion to what's happening in the scene opposed to who is really doing well long-term.

Read the OP

Results: Obviously, this will be the basis of any power rank. And since this is a monthly power rank, we'll be mainly focusing on results from the last month, that is the month of August. Past performances are taken into account as well, but with decreasing weight over time.
Moderatorlickypiddy
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
September 05 2013 01:45 GMT
#44
On September 05 2013 10:41 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2013 10:37 bo1b wrote:
On September 05 2013 10:17 blade55555 wrote:
On September 05 2013 10:11 bo1b wrote:
Rain should be rank 3 imo, he did reasonably well in proleague.

Trolling aside it's good to see a new power rank

Despite jaedong being my favourite zerg, at this juncture in time I really disagree with him being 4th on the list.


Why is that? He made back to back finals in august (wcs AM and WCS finals) beating good players as a result.

Tbh I don't agree with Taeja being at 2 (not saying Jaedong should be, honestly 2 is hard to say who I would put, but I just don't feel it should be Taeja).

I just feel that going 0-8 vs terrans in finals is pretty good reason to not put him as 4. He would probably be the best player in the world if his zvt was better, but it's not and he's not.

Maybe I'm just being overly conservative, but being top5 in a power rank to me means not having a crippling weakness.


Well it was all in the finals when he got 4-0'd. I mean I just don't see losing 4-0 twice in the finals (to good players) being seen as not a good player. Taeja has only made 1 final all year where as jaedong has made way more (unfortunately hasn't won any). While I know this is only for august, making 2 finals should count for something even if getting 4-0'd.

I mean maru won the OSL then took an early bomb out of korea finals. Dunno I just don't see losing twice in the finals as a bad thing or not being seen as a top 5 player especially when the players been doing it for the past few months (I know this is augusts ranking).

Finals is still an amazing result especially being able to do it back to back. I feel like people put too much emphasis on winning tournaments, there can only be 1 winner and making the finals is no easy feat either, just like winning it.

I don't really agree with maru being #3, but as certain people have stated before, results from wcs tends to really bump people up on the power rank.

Maybe it's just my disappointment that jaedong didn't win wcs europe finals speaking through. Oh well.
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
September 05 2013 01:46 GMT
#45
On September 05 2013 10:41 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2013 10:37 bo1b wrote:
On September 05 2013 10:17 blade55555 wrote:
On September 05 2013 10:11 bo1b wrote:
Rain should be rank 3 imo, he did reasonably well in proleague.

Trolling aside it's good to see a new power rank

Despite jaedong being my favourite zerg, at this juncture in time I really disagree with him being 4th on the list.


Why is that? He made back to back finals in august (wcs AM and WCS finals) beating good players as a result.

Tbh I don't agree with Taeja being at 2 (not saying Jaedong should be, honestly 2 is hard to say who I would put, but I just don't feel it should be Taeja).

I just feel that going 0-8 vs terrans in finals is pretty good reason to not put him as 4. He would probably be the best player in the world if his zvt was better, but it's not and he's not.

Maybe I'm just being overly conservative, but being top5 in a power rank to me means not having a crippling weakness.


Well it was all in the finals when he got 4-0'd. I mean I just don't see losing 4-0 twice in the finals (to good players) being seen as not a good player. Taeja has only made 1 final all year where as jaedong has made way more (unfortunately hasn't won any). While I know this is only for august, making 2 finals should count for something even if getting 4-0'd.

I mean maru won the OSL then took an early bomb out of korea finals. Dunno I just don't see losing twice in the finals as a bad thing or not being seen as a top 5 player especially when the players been doing it for the past few months (I know this is augusts ranking).

Finals is still an amazing result especially being able to do it back to back. I feel like people put too much emphasis on winning tournaments, there can only be 1 winner and making the finals is no easy feat either, just like winning it.

Show nested quote +
On September 05 2013 10:41 Dodgin wrote:
On September 05 2013 10:39 figq wrote:
On September 05 2013 10:35 stuchiu wrote:
On September 05 2013 10:27 figq wrote:
Lol, this is ridiculous. Probably the most absurd one to date.

With the now official crowning of Bomber as "the best in the world" (lololol), I hereby declare the new "curse" of winning a WCS Season Final. You win one, you get super mega ultra hyped, and before late, you drop miserably off the chart. Innovation check, Bomber soon to check too.


You did read this part right?

A review, not a predictor: The PR is a rating based on previous results, not a scouting report for who will do well in the future. We can't believe this is not completely obvious.
And I don't presume that you predict anything. It's just the whole "oh the best etc etc". The curse of WCS Season Champions is not directly related to this, with it or without it, it just kinda happens on its own. People take winning this thing way too seriously as if it actually means the guy is the best, when he could easily not be.


How are you ever going to know who's truly best, stay in their team houses, watch them practice and decide for yourself who plays the best? Bomber won the biggest and most important tournament, so in that month he was the best. It seems pretty simple to me.


That and bomber lost to rain in the semi finals of wcs korea. He deserves #1 for sure.


And Rain lost to Maru in WCS KR who lost to Scarlett who lost to...

There rankings aren't about x > y > z
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
asdfOu
Profile Joined August 2011
United States2089 Posts
September 05 2013 01:49 GMT
#46
the standard monthly tournament results rank
rip prime
figq
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
12519 Posts
September 05 2013 01:52 GMT
#47
On September 05 2013 10:41 Dodgin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2013 10:39 figq wrote:
On September 05 2013 10:35 stuchiu wrote:
On September 05 2013 10:27 figq wrote:
Lol, this is ridiculous. Probably the most absurd one to date.

With the now official crowning of Bomber as "the best in the world" (lololol), I hereby declare the new "curse" of winning a WCS Season Final. You win one, you get super mega ultra hyped, and before late, you drop miserably off the chart. Innovation check, Bomber soon to check too.


You did read this part right?

A review, not a predictor: The PR is a rating based on previous results, not a scouting report for who will do well in the future. We can't believe this is not completely obvious.
And I don't presume that you predict anything. It's just the whole "oh the best etc etc". The curse of WCS Season Champions is not directly related to this, with it or without it, it just kinda happens on its own. People take winning this thing way too seriously as if it actually means the guy is the best, when he could easily not be.


How are you ever going to know who's truly best, stay in their team houses, watch them practice and decide for yourself who plays the best? Bomber won the biggest and most important tournament, so in that month he was the best. It seems pretty simple to me.

I'll give you an example. Soulkey won WCS KR over Innovation. The PR came right after it. It still had Innovation as #1, despite he just lost a very important final in the most important region. (it was before the season world finals) That was okay, right?
If you stand next to my head, you can hear the ocean. - Day[9]
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
September 05 2013 01:53 GMT
#48
On September 05 2013 10:52 figq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2013 10:41 Dodgin wrote:
On September 05 2013 10:39 figq wrote:
On September 05 2013 10:35 stuchiu wrote:
On September 05 2013 10:27 figq wrote:
Lol, this is ridiculous. Probably the most absurd one to date.

With the now official crowning of Bomber as "the best in the world" (lololol), I hereby declare the new "curse" of winning a WCS Season Final. You win one, you get super mega ultra hyped, and before late, you drop miserably off the chart. Innovation check, Bomber soon to check too.


You did read this part right?

A review, not a predictor: The PR is a rating based on previous results, not a scouting report for who will do well in the future. We can't believe this is not completely obvious.
And I don't presume that you predict anything. It's just the whole "oh the best etc etc". The curse of WCS Season Champions is not directly related to this, with it or without it, it just kinda happens on its own. People take winning this thing way too seriously as if it actually means the guy is the best, when he could easily not be.


How are you ever going to know who's truly best, stay in their team houses, watch them practice and decide for yourself who plays the best? Bomber won the biggest and most important tournament, so in that month he was the best. It seems pretty simple to me.

I'll give you an example. Soulkey won WCS KR over Innovation. The PR came right after it. It still had Innovation as #1, despite he just lost a very important final in the most important region. (it was before the season world finals) That was okay, right?


No it wasn't okay, I disagreed with it then and I still do now.
goody153
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
44306 Posts
September 05 2013 01:54 GMT
#49
Jaedong should be in #2 spot ! he cant be Kong if he is not on the #2 spot always !

putting my rant aside .. i agree with taeja and bomber being on the top spot .. they are on fire no doubt about it
this is a quote
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
September 05 2013 01:55 GMT
#50
On September 05 2013 10:52 figq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2013 10:41 Dodgin wrote:
On September 05 2013 10:39 figq wrote:
On September 05 2013 10:35 stuchiu wrote:
On September 05 2013 10:27 figq wrote:
Lol, this is ridiculous. Probably the most absurd one to date.

With the now official crowning of Bomber as "the best in the world" (lololol), I hereby declare the new "curse" of winning a WCS Season Final. You win one, you get super mega ultra hyped, and before late, you drop miserably off the chart. Innovation check, Bomber soon to check too.


You did read this part right?

A review, not a predictor: The PR is a rating based on previous results, not a scouting report for who will do well in the future. We can't believe this is not completely obvious.
And I don't presume that you predict anything. It's just the whole "oh the best etc etc". The curse of WCS Season Champions is not directly related to this, with it or without it, it just kinda happens on its own. People take winning this thing way too seriously as if it actually means the guy is the best, when he could easily not be.


How are you ever going to know who's truly best, stay in their team houses, watch them practice and decide for yourself who plays the best? Bomber won the biggest and most important tournament, so in that month he was the best. It seems pretty simple to me.

I'll give you an example. Soulkey won WCS KR over Innovation. The PR came right after it. It still had Innovation as #1, despite he just lost a very important final in the most important region. (it was before the season world finals) That was okay, right?


I didn't have a hand in that ranking so it was wrong.

Now I do so it's right. 8)
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-05 02:00:33
September 05 2013 02:00 GMT
#51
On September 05 2013 10:46 lichter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2013 10:41 blade55555 wrote:
On September 05 2013 10:37 bo1b wrote:
On September 05 2013 10:17 blade55555 wrote:
On September 05 2013 10:11 bo1b wrote:
Rain should be rank 3 imo, he did reasonably well in proleague.

Trolling aside it's good to see a new power rank

Despite jaedong being my favourite zerg, at this juncture in time I really disagree with him being 4th on the list.


Why is that? He made back to back finals in august (wcs AM and WCS finals) beating good players as a result.

Tbh I don't agree with Taeja being at 2 (not saying Jaedong should be, honestly 2 is hard to say who I would put, but I just don't feel it should be Taeja).

I just feel that going 0-8 vs terrans in finals is pretty good reason to not put him as 4. He would probably be the best player in the world if his zvt was better, but it's not and he's not.

Maybe I'm just being overly conservative, but being top5 in a power rank to me means not having a crippling weakness.


Well it was all in the finals when he got 4-0'd. I mean I just don't see losing 4-0 twice in the finals (to good players) being seen as not a good player. Taeja has only made 1 final all year where as jaedong has made way more (unfortunately hasn't won any). While I know this is only for august, making 2 finals should count for something even if getting 4-0'd.

I mean maru won the OSL then took an early bomb out of korea finals. Dunno I just don't see losing twice in the finals as a bad thing or not being seen as a top 5 player especially when the players been doing it for the past few months (I know this is augusts ranking).

Finals is still an amazing result especially being able to do it back to back. I feel like people put too much emphasis on winning tournaments, there can only be 1 winner and making the finals is no easy feat either, just like winning it.

On September 05 2013 10:41 Dodgin wrote:
On September 05 2013 10:39 figq wrote:
On September 05 2013 10:35 stuchiu wrote:
On September 05 2013 10:27 figq wrote:
Lol, this is ridiculous. Probably the most absurd one to date.

With the now official crowning of Bomber as "the best in the world" (lololol), I hereby declare the new "curse" of winning a WCS Season Final. You win one, you get super mega ultra hyped, and before late, you drop miserably off the chart. Innovation check, Bomber soon to check too.


You did read this part right?

A review, not a predictor: The PR is a rating based on previous results, not a scouting report for who will do well in the future. We can't believe this is not completely obvious.
And I don't presume that you predict anything. It's just the whole "oh the best etc etc". The curse of WCS Season Champions is not directly related to this, with it or without it, it just kinda happens on its own. People take winning this thing way too seriously as if it actually means the guy is the best, when he could easily not be.


How are you ever going to know who's truly best, stay in their team houses, watch them practice and decide for yourself who plays the best? Bomber won the biggest and most important tournament, so in that month he was the best. It seems pretty simple to me.


That and bomber lost to rain in the semi finals of wcs korea. He deserves #1 for sure.


And Rain lost to Maru in WCS KR who lost to Scarlett who lost to...

There rankings aren't about x > y > z


I know that I was providing examples (I am fine with Maru being as high as he is considering he won WCS KR beating very good players to do so).
When I think of something else, something will go here
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
September 05 2013 02:00 GMT
#52
On September 05 2013 11:00 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2013 10:46 lichter wrote:
On September 05 2013 10:41 blade55555 wrote:
On September 05 2013 10:37 bo1b wrote:
On September 05 2013 10:17 blade55555 wrote:
On September 05 2013 10:11 bo1b wrote:
Rain should be rank 3 imo, he did reasonably well in proleague.

Trolling aside it's good to see a new power rank

Despite jaedong being my favourite zerg, at this juncture in time I really disagree with him being 4th on the list.


Why is that? He made back to back finals in august (wcs AM and WCS finals) beating good players as a result.

Tbh I don't agree with Taeja being at 2 (not saying Jaedong should be, honestly 2 is hard to say who I would put, but I just don't feel it should be Taeja).

I just feel that going 0-8 vs terrans in finals is pretty good reason to not put him as 4. He would probably be the best player in the world if his zvt was better, but it's not and he's not.

Maybe I'm just being overly conservative, but being top5 in a power rank to me means not having a crippling weakness.


Well it was all in the finals when he got 4-0'd. I mean I just don't see losing 4-0 twice in the finals (to good players) being seen as not a good player. Taeja has only made 1 final all year where as jaedong has made way more (unfortunately hasn't won any). While I know this is only for august, making 2 finals should count for something even if getting 4-0'd.

I mean maru won the OSL then took an early bomb out of korea finals. Dunno I just don't see losing twice in the finals as a bad thing or not being seen as a top 5 player especially when the players been doing it for the past few months (I know this is augusts ranking).

Finals is still an amazing result especially being able to do it back to back. I feel like people put too much emphasis on winning tournaments, there can only be 1 winner and making the finals is no easy feat either, just like winning it.

On September 05 2013 10:41 Dodgin wrote:
On September 05 2013 10:39 figq wrote:
On September 05 2013 10:35 stuchiu wrote:
On September 05 2013 10:27 figq wrote:
Lol, this is ridiculous. Probably the most absurd one to date.

With the now official crowning of Bomber as "the best in the world" (lololol), I hereby declare the new "curse" of winning a WCS Season Final. You win one, you get super mega ultra hyped, and before late, you drop miserably off the chart. Innovation check, Bomber soon to check too.


You did read this part right?

A review, not a predictor: The PR is a rating based on previous results, not a scouting report for who will do well in the future. We can't believe this is not completely obvious.
And I don't presume that you predict anything. It's just the whole "oh the best etc etc". The curse of WCS Season Champions is not directly related to this, with it or without it, it just kinda happens on its own. People take winning this thing way too seriously as if it actually means the guy is the best, when he could easily not be.


How are you ever going to know who's truly best, stay in their team houses, watch them practice and decide for yourself who plays the best? Bomber won the biggest and most important tournament, so in that month he was the best. It seems pretty simple to me.


That and bomber lost to rain in the semi finals of wcs korea. He deserves #1 for sure.


And Rain lost to Maru in WCS KR who lost to Scarlett who lost to...

There rankings aren't about x > y > z


I know that I was providing examples (I am fine with Maru being as high as he is considering he won WCS KR beating very good players to do so).


It's all opinions anyway
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
Boucot
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
France15997 Posts
September 05 2013 02:01 GMT
#53
I mostly agree with the power rank except for INnoVation's ranking (he should be top 5 at least).
Former SC2 writer for Millenium - twitter.com/Boucot
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
September 05 2013 02:01 GMT
#54
pfffft no way what I say is fact! .

Of course it's all opinion :D
When I think of something else, something will go here
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
September 05 2013 02:03 GMT
#55
On September 05 2013 11:01 blade55555 wrote:
pfffft no way what I say is fact! .

Of course it's all opinion :D


I wanted Scarlett and Sora on it so there'd be more debate and anger :p
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
September 05 2013 02:04 GMT
#56
On September 05 2013 10:55 lichter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2013 10:52 figq wrote:
On September 05 2013 10:41 Dodgin wrote:
On September 05 2013 10:39 figq wrote:
On September 05 2013 10:35 stuchiu wrote:
On September 05 2013 10:27 figq wrote:
Lol, this is ridiculous. Probably the most absurd one to date.

With the now official crowning of Bomber as "the best in the world" (lololol), I hereby declare the new "curse" of winning a WCS Season Final. You win one, you get super mega ultra hyped, and before late, you drop miserably off the chart. Innovation check, Bomber soon to check too.


You did read this part right?

A review, not a predictor: The PR is a rating based on previous results, not a scouting report for who will do well in the future. We can't believe this is not completely obvious.
And I don't presume that you predict anything. It's just the whole "oh the best etc etc". The curse of WCS Season Champions is not directly related to this, with it or without it, it just kinda happens on its own. People take winning this thing way too seriously as if it actually means the guy is the best, when he could easily not be.


How are you ever going to know who's truly best, stay in their team houses, watch them practice and decide for yourself who plays the best? Bomber won the biggest and most important tournament, so in that month he was the best. It seems pretty simple to me.

I'll give you an example. Soulkey won WCS KR over Innovation. The PR came right after it. It still had Innovation as #1, despite he just lost a very important final in the most important region. (it was before the season world finals) That was okay, right?


I didn't have a hand in that ranking so it was wrong.

Now I do so it's right. 8)

They let trial writers vote? God help us
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
September 05 2013 02:06 GMT
#57
On September 05 2013 11:04 Shellshock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2013 10:55 lichter wrote:
On September 05 2013 10:52 figq wrote:
On September 05 2013 10:41 Dodgin wrote:
On September 05 2013 10:39 figq wrote:
On September 05 2013 10:35 stuchiu wrote:
On September 05 2013 10:27 figq wrote:
Lol, this is ridiculous. Probably the most absurd one to date.

With the now official crowning of Bomber as "the best in the world" (lololol), I hereby declare the new "curse" of winning a WCS Season Final. You win one, you get super mega ultra hyped, and before late, you drop miserably off the chart. Innovation check, Bomber soon to check too.


You did read this part right?

A review, not a predictor: The PR is a rating based on previous results, not a scouting report for who will do well in the future. We can't believe this is not completely obvious.
And I don't presume that you predict anything. It's just the whole "oh the best etc etc". The curse of WCS Season Champions is not directly related to this, with it or without it, it just kinda happens on its own. People take winning this thing way too seriously as if it actually means the guy is the best, when he could easily not be.


How are you ever going to know who's truly best, stay in their team houses, watch them practice and decide for yourself who plays the best? Bomber won the biggest and most important tournament, so in that month he was the best. It seems pretty simple to me.

I'll give you an example. Soulkey won WCS KR over Innovation. The PR came right after it. It still had Innovation as #1, despite he just lost a very important final in the most important region. (it was before the season world finals) That was okay, right?


I didn't have a hand in that ranking so it was wrong.

Now I do so it's right. 8)

They let trial writers vote? God help us

The worlds slowly turning to shit
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
September 05 2013 02:08 GMT
#58
On September 05 2013 11:04 Shellshock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2013 10:55 lichter wrote:
On September 05 2013 10:52 figq wrote:
On September 05 2013 10:41 Dodgin wrote:
On September 05 2013 10:39 figq wrote:
On September 05 2013 10:35 stuchiu wrote:
On September 05 2013 10:27 figq wrote:
Lol, this is ridiculous. Probably the most absurd one to date.

With the now official crowning of Bomber as "the best in the world" (lololol), I hereby declare the new "curse" of winning a WCS Season Final. You win one, you get super mega ultra hyped, and before late, you drop miserably off the chart. Innovation check, Bomber soon to check too.


You did read this part right?

A review, not a predictor: The PR is a rating based on previous results, not a scouting report for who will do well in the future. We can't believe this is not completely obvious.
And I don't presume that you predict anything. It's just the whole "oh the best etc etc". The curse of WCS Season Champions is not directly related to this, with it or without it, it just kinda happens on its own. People take winning this thing way too seriously as if it actually means the guy is the best, when he could easily not be.


How are you ever going to know who's truly best, stay in their team houses, watch them practice and decide for yourself who plays the best? Bomber won the biggest and most important tournament, so in that month he was the best. It seems pretty simple to me.

I'll give you an example. Soulkey won WCS KR over Innovation. The PR came right after it. It still had Innovation as #1, despite he just lost a very important final in the most important region. (it was before the season world finals) That was okay, right?


I didn't have a hand in that ranking so it was wrong.

Now I do so it's right. 8)

They let trial writers vote? God help us


They just give anyone hammers? God help us :p
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
LockeTazeline
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
2390 Posts
September 05 2013 02:17 GMT
#59
Wooh Bomber and PartinG! =D

Also, even though I don't think it was in August, PartinG was seeded into the Ro16, not the Ro8. He had to 2-0 JangBi as well.
dastrokes
Profile Joined August 2013
Canada9 Posts
September 05 2013 02:19 GMT
#60
Innovation will bounce back to No.1 in September.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 15 16 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 50
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 515
BRAT_OK 54
MindelVK 19
IndyStarCraft 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 30590
Bisu 2814
Shuttle 1807
Hyuk 996
Mini 888
EffOrt 838
Larva 446
ZerO 258
Soma 247
firebathero 230
[ Show more ]
hero 148
Sexy 54
Hyun 44
Mong 40
PianO 39
Trap 37
Killer 34
Pusan 34
ToSsGirL 26
sorry 26
zelot 16
Bale 12
Rock 11
Terrorterran 11
Sacsri 10
JulyZerg 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 8
Dota 2
Gorgc10347
qojqva1691
Dendi905
Counter-Strike
fl0m2791
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1460
crisheroes1065
Liquid`Hasu596
Other Games
singsing1949
B2W.Neo947
FrodaN845
Beastyqt680
Mlord410
Hui .223
Livibee178
KnowMe175
Liquid`VortiX164
ArmadaUGS92
Mew2King74
Trikslyr30
CosmosSc2 14
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 51
• StrangeGG 35
• mYiSmile122
• Adnapsc2 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 13
• Azhi_Dahaki4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7792
League of Legends
• Jankos1761
Other Games
• Shiphtur252
• WagamamaTV212
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
47m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2h 47m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 47m
INu's Battles
19h 47m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
22h 47m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 17h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 23h
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.