• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:13
CEST 10:13
KST 17:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10489 users

SC2 Power Rank - September 2013 - Page 17

Forum Index > SC2 General
339 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 All
lolfail9001
Profile Joined August 2013
Russian Federation40190 Posts
October 06 2013 19:06 GMT
#321
MLG? You mean MLG Winter, by any chance?
Also, provide me the name of players. They matter.
DeMoN pulls off a Miracle and Flies to the Moon
lystier
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
China877 Posts
October 06 2013 19:08 GMT
#322
can't wait to see the october's power rank
Startale forever.
Faust852
Profile Joined February 2012
Luxembourg4004 Posts
October 06 2013 19:10 GMT
#323
On October 07 2013 04:01 Aardbark wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 07 2013 03:34 Darrkhan wrote:
On October 07 2013 02:51 Aardbark wrote:
On October 07 2013 01:32 vthree wrote:
On October 07 2013 01:15 Aardbark wrote:
I don't disagree with the list. BUT

How many more tournaments do zerg have to get murdered in before we can see some fair changes? I watch a lot of games, almost all of them available to watch, and Im just tired of always watching zerg loose. They win some games, but so very few. I think this list kind of reflects that.


Do you watch WCS KR? Soulkey and Soo are in Ro4...



Yes I do, though I haven't watched it to the Ro4 yet for season 3. And just because there are like 3 or 4 VERY good zerg players that can win dispite the zerg sucking, doesn't mean that zerg aren't loosing most matches overall. I don't play, I just watch, and zerg loose most of the time in tournament.


It's funny how biased your writing is. if couple terran/protoss players are doing well = imbalance. but when couple zergs are doing fine = They so stronk to play bad race and still win!!!

Balance wise zergs are doing really good ZvP was a bit zerg favoured for some time now it is kinda even. ZvT, too is kinda even now even a bit zerg favoured because zerg players have learned to play against terran style. And please don't mention MMA 3-0 Nerchio and Vortix. Top tier terran player vs good, but not top tier zerg players it shouldn't be big surprise that MMA wins.

If terran player wins tournament it doesn't necessary mean game is imbalanced or some race is worse than other. Bomber winning wcs season 2 for example, He sure played really well but tbh last game against Scarlett should have gone Scarletts way if she had paid attention to minimap (she saw the scv going build barracks) if that happen we would have seen finals between JD and Scarlett/TaeJa and it might have gone waaaay different.




One Im not baiting. And two Im not trying to be biast, not intentionaly so.

Im not complaining because I saw a (in your words) a cupple of zergs loose to terren and protoss. Im bringing it up because most zerg loose out of hundreds of games. Again yes zerg can win, and I dont care what race wins a tournament. A tournament winner is just whoever is the best player at the time, or the luckyest, or somone who was on a hot streak. Whoever wins a tournamet, its because they are the best, reguarless of race.

I dont see Bommer or MMA win and then instantly think that zerg suck. They are both very good players and deserve to win. Im talking about in general overall, across all tournaments. I just watched maybe 30 games today, mostly the stuff on MLG. And right now zerg are 2-12 vs protoss. Most of the time watching WCS either Korea, or Europ, or America, in general zerg loose most of the time. Yes again there are some great zerg players who do very well, but if you look at the recent tournaments, if there is a zerg involved and its not playing another zerg, its most likely going to loose.


Did you check last balance stats ? Zerg are doing very well. Especially in korea. The lagging race for like 2 months is terran, even if they win like everything... Weird huh ?
Aardbark
Profile Joined April 2013
8 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-06 20:08:43
October 06 2013 20:05 GMT
#324
No MLG summer and on, IEM DH and ESL are what Ive watched today. I have not watched any of WCS season 3 yet, I like to wait till its all over then watch it all at once. I don't really feel like going back to each video and making a list of the winners and loosers, I don't care that much.

And what stats are you going by, WCS points? Because if you understand how those points are distributed, its not a very reliable way of showing balance. Just like how Innovation can loose a lot of his most recent stuff, and still have almost double the points of anyone else.

Also I cant tell if your being sarcastic at the end there, but I never said terran wins everything, and I don't think they do. You don't seem to understand what Im commenting about.

I just want a game, where when I sit down to watch it, to not be able to guess who is going to win just by looking at their race. And be right most of the time. I want to see Terran, Protoss, and Zerg all win equaly. I want it to be a mystery. I don't want any race to dominate or suck.

(Also, why does the spellchecker on this website give me the spelling error for all three races of the game?)
Deleted User 183001
Profile Joined May 2011
2939 Posts
October 06 2013 20:36 GMT
#325
Pretty good ranking. Taeja and Bomber have been on a tear as of late, so no surprise to see them put in the top 2 in this ranking. The only question will be if they can continue at this status. As the answer usually is, not necessarily. I'm surprised Flash isn't on there, but I guess it would make sense concerning that in the immediate past, he hasn't been thrashing as hard as usual.
dinosrwar
Profile Joined September 2011
1290 Posts
October 06 2013 20:38 GMT
#326
On October 07 2013 03:37 Bagration wrote:
MMA going to make top 5 for October Power Rank. Make it happen!


Though winning a tournament is impressive, winning it against mostly foreigners and mostly Protoss is less so.
lolfail9001
Profile Joined August 2013
Russian Federation40190 Posts
October 06 2013 20:42 GMT
#327
On October 07 2013 05:38 dinosrwar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 07 2013 03:37 Bagration wrote:
MMA going to make top 5 for October Power Rank. Make it happen!


Though winning a tournament is impressive, winning it against mostly foreigners and mostly Protoss is less so.

What about DH:Bucharest?
DeMoN pulls off a Miracle and Flies to the Moon
lolfail9001
Profile Joined August 2013
Russian Federation40190 Posts
October 06 2013 20:48 GMT
#328
On October 07 2013 05:05 Aardbark wrote:
No MLG summer and on, IEM DH and ESL are what Ive watched today. I have not watched any of WCS season 3 yet, I like to wait till its all over then watch it all at once. I don't really feel like going back to each video and making a list of the winners and loosers, I don't care that much.

And what stats are you going by, WCS points? Because if you understand how those points are distributed, its not a very reliable way of showing balance. Just like how Innovation can loose a lot of his most recent stuff, and still have almost double the points of anyone else.

Also I cant tell if your being sarcastic at the end there, but I never said terran wins everything, and I don't think they do. You don't seem to understand what Im commenting about.

I just want a game, where when I sit down to watch it, to not be able to guess who is going to win just by looking at their race. And be right most of the time. I want to see Terran, Protoss, and Zerg all win equaly. I want it to be a mystery. I don't want any race to dominate or suck.

(Also, why does the spellchecker on this website give me the spelling error for all three races of the game?)

First: everyone goes by statistics on aligulac and those winrate reports, made by ChaosTerran monthly, that show that currently winrates in all MUs are withing 3% from being perfect.
Second: then you may watch Dear destroy the first rounds of open bracket at MLG summer, playing against masters league zergs, balance, huh.
DeMoN pulls off a Miracle and Flies to the Moon
Die4Ever
Profile Joined August 2010
United States17750 Posts
October 09 2013 17:20 GMT
#329
Is there another Power Rank coming soon?
"Expert" mods4ever.com
Popkiller
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
3415 Posts
October 09 2013 17:21 GMT
#330
On October 10 2013 02:20 Die4Ever wrote:
Is there another Power Rank coming soon?


and will it be for just results in September, or everything that's happened since the last one?
Marcinko
Profile Joined May 2013
South Africa1014 Posts
October 09 2013 17:31 GMT
#331
Think we should organize a protest until the next Power Rank is out.
....
Grovbolle
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Denmark3815 Posts
October 09 2013 17:41 GMT
#332
On October 07 2013 05:05 Aardbark wrote:
No MLG summer and on, IEM DH and ESL are what Ive watched today. I have not watched any of WCS season 3 yet, I like to wait till its all over then watch it all at once. I don't really feel like going back to each video and making a list of the winners and loosers, I don't care that much.

And what stats are you going by, WCS points? Because if you understand how those points are distributed, its not a very reliable way of showing balance. Just like how Innovation can loose a lot of his most recent stuff, and still have almost double the points of anyone else.

Also I cant tell if your being sarcastic at the end there, but I never said terran wins everything, and I don't think they do. You don't seem to understand what Im commenting about.

I just want a game, where when I sit down to watch it, to not be able to guess who is going to win just by looking at their race. And be right most of the time. I want to see Terran, Protoss, and Zerg all win equaly. I want it to be a mystery. I don't want any race to dominate or suck.

(Also, why does the spellchecker on this website give me the spelling error for all three races of the game?)

The spellchecker is your browser, not this site.
Lies, damned lies and statistics: http://aligulac.com
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
October 09 2013 18:09 GMT
#333
On October 10 2013 02:31 Marchinko wrote:
Think we should organize a protest until the next Power Rank is out.

And then everyone protesting that they need to make a power rank will immediately protest because they hate the way the rankings go.
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
Marcinko
Profile Joined May 2013
South Africa1014 Posts
October 09 2013 18:19 GMT
#334
On October 10 2013 03:09 Darkhoarse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 10 2013 02:31 Marchinko wrote:
Think we should organize a protest until the next Power Rank is out.

And then everyone protesting that they need to make a power rank will immediately protest because they hate the way the rankings go.


I won't be joining that protest. You see, all this protesting gives a man a thirst. I'll be drinking an ice cold beer and reading the Power Rank instead.
....
sacade
Profile Joined January 2013
166 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-09 18:52:08
October 09 2013 18:51 GMT
#335
the game is too unstable right now to do a power rank. Dear and soO in the WCS Korea finals. WTF
We have to wait a comeback from InnoVation
RainmanMP
Profile Joined October 2007
United States1699 Posts
October 09 2013 19:00 GMT
#336
I demand another power ranking! These are always my favorite things to read.
이영호 FIGHTING! Die Hard KT Rolster and Flash fan.
KalWarkov
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Germany4126 Posts
October 09 2013 19:24 GMT
#337
October inc?
DiaBoLuS ** Sc2 - Protoss: 16x GM | Dota2 - Offlane Immortal | Wc3 - Undead decent level | Diablo nerd | Chess / Magnus fanboy | BVB | Agnostic***
prOPOns
Profile Blog Joined July 2013
Germany60 Posts
October 10 2013 18:16 GMT
#338
New Power Rank, Make it happen:
I would say:
10: Rain
9: Trap (great run in WCS)
8: MMA (winning tournament convincingly)
7: PartinG (advancing from group of death)
6: Jaedong
5: Soulkey (3-0 Rain)
4: soO (Final?)
3: Maru (Great games, well played in game 1 and 2 against Dear etc.)
2: Dear (Obvious reasons)
1: TaeJa (Not seen much since Dreamhack, but that was in September too, so...)

Bomber not in there, coz in THIS MONTH he hasn't shown anythign xD
★ Kim Taek Yong <3 ★ SKT1.PartinG <3 ★ SKT1.Classic ★ CJ.Sora ★ EG.Jaedong ★
DinoMight
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States3725 Posts
October 24 2013 06:12 GMT
#339
Power rank incoming?
"Wtf I come back and find myself in camp DinoMight all of a sudden, feels weird man." -Wombat_NI
Popkiller
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
3415 Posts
October 24 2013 06:23 GMT
#340
might let the S3 finals finish and skip to november. Or just do a Blizzcon Power Rank, 1-16
Prev 1 15 16 17 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 48m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 64
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 1007
Larva 463
ggaemo 337
Stork 276
Leta 185
PianO 127
Killer 32
Hyuk 29
ZergMaN 25
Bale 22
[ Show more ]
yabsab 18
League of Legends
JimRising 394
Reynor72
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King175
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1021
Other Games
summit1g9000
C9.Mang0264
Sick178
ArmadaUGS45
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick561
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream182
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2354
League of Legends
• Stunt1966
• Jankos524
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
1h 48m
Online Event
2h 48m
FEL
7h 48m
AI Arena Tournament
8h 48m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
10h 48m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
INu's Battles
1d 3h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 15h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.