• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:58
CEST 19:58
KST 02:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6283 users

Genna Bain leaves Axiom - Page 8

Forum Index > SC2 General
500 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 26 Next All
This is a heated issue, but please keep the debate civil.
Personal insult is not 'discussion' and will be moderated. -Page 17
Entirety
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
1423 Posts
August 16 2013 08:33 GMT
#141
On August 16 2013 17:28 Musicus wrote:
Huh, I didn't expect that. When I saw her blog post, with the chats, I just assumed she asked every party involved beforehand. I think she did a mistake and I get why Dennis and Acer are angry, but I don't think she has to step down. Well good luck Genna, maybe we will see her back.


Listen to TB's thoughts and you will understand her struggle with depression and the difficulties of managing a team. In short, no she did not quit over this incident. This incident is one of many which eventually caused her to make her decision (which was a long time coming).
IMMvp (정종현) | Fan Club: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=211431
saiyogo
Profile Joined June 2011
Vietnam136 Posts
August 16 2013 08:34 GMT
#142
I feel sorry for Take if all he did was typing a couple of angry sentences PRIVATELY to the wrong person, I don't think he would actually do anything.
I should see it as a lesson and be more careful talking to people I don't really know.

Btw, no one can deny what Genma had done for the community. And I love Axiom.
Sevre
Profile Joined June 2013
Ireland619 Posts
August 16 2013 08:40 GMT
#143
On August 16 2013 17:27 Qikz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2013 13:01 Clicker wrote:
(( I've been out of the SC2 scene mix the past two weeks...was this foreseen at all? ;c


This is all happening because SKT or KT didn't win proleague T_T


Flash is shaking his head right now like what's wrong with these people.
Rainling
Profile Joined June 2011
United States456 Posts
August 16 2013 08:43 GMT
#144
Thanks for investing so much into Axiom and Shoutcraft! You did so much for this community, I hope TB can adequately continue in your stead.
Eurekastreet
Profile Joined November 2010
1308 Posts
August 16 2013 08:44 GMT
#145
Cheers for all the work you put up in the past few months with the team, and I hope Genna gets better asap.
"2 cannons, it's not one cannons" - White-Ra
opisska
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Poland8852 Posts
August 16 2013 08:47 GMT
#146
Poor Slayers guys, they may have developed serious fear of women by now

Hell no, I think they all take it too damn seriously, it's just all done for fun after all, isn't it? I don't really see any reason for anyone to take personal consequences from a couple of chats here and there. Maybe they should all just calm down, meet up, have a beer a be cool again?

I definitelly urge everyone to not stop watching or supporting any organisation just because of these small skirmishes. In my opinion both Axiom (including the Bains) and Take do a great job in SC2 and I hope we can make it so that it is all that matters.
"Jeez, that's far from ideal." - Serral, the king of mild trashtalk
TL+ Member
rasers
Profile Joined February 2010
Sweden691 Posts
August 16 2013 08:48 GMT
#147
On August 16 2013 17:33 Entirety wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2013 17:28 Musicus wrote:
Huh, I didn't expect that. When I saw her blog post, with the chats, I just assumed she asked every party involved beforehand. I think she did a mistake and I get why Dennis and Acer are angry, but I don't think she has to step down. Well good luck Genna, maybe we will see her back.


Listen to TB's thoughts and you will understand her struggle with depression and the difficulties of managing a team. In short, no she did not quit over this incident. This incident is one of many which eventually caused her to make her decision (which was a long time coming).

Yeah listening to the TB stuff she shouldn't even have started this Team in the first place.

like this whole depression thing matters. yes not good for her. but why on earth would you then make a Team so you get even more stress?!?!?
Arkani
Profile Joined February 2012
Austria60 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-16 08:51:16
August 16 2013 08:49 GMT
#148
i don't get it. how the f... can you release private conversations.. what did they hope to acomplish with that? creating drama so not going to the event is overshadowed? or did they go all in and hope that all their expenses get paid?

but i don't care, it was not professional and thats what stands out the most. once again (sc2-)esports showed that its far away from being stable and is mostly managed from wannabee ceo's that don't get how a business is run in the first place. (meant in general, no offense to axiom or take here)

im pretty sure the lawsuit threat was in heat of battle and not meant as a real threat but that does not excuse it being said..

i hope that genna gets stable again in her personal life, maybe with her being "out of" esports she can defeat the depression, its probably the most importang thing for tb+genna


just sad its not possible for the community to go: "we cant attend event xyz due to financial misunderstandings, sorry to our fans and sponsors" or something along this lines.
Grubby, Life, Jaedong, CoCa, MarineKing, TY, Maru
Lonyo
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United Kingdom3884 Posts
August 16 2013 08:57 GMT
#149
On August 16 2013 13:17 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2013 13:07 Daralii wrote:
On August 16 2013 13:05 LuckoftheIrish wrote:
On August 16 2013 13:02 Daralii wrote:
On August 16 2013 13:00 NovemberstOrm wrote:
On August 16 2013 12:54 nqqvt3 wrote:
Sorry to see her go, what exactly does that mean for Axiom?

Totalbiscuit will be taking over.

His first act as manager is tweeting "Fuck Take," so he's off to a good start. :p


Not true!

Totalbiscuit ‏@Totalbiscuit 6m

So eSports is plagued with incompetence, fragile egos, backroom bullshit, people out for themselves and more concerned with saving face



Totalbiscuit ‏@Totalbiscuit 6m

I just want to make that abundantly clear for those who didn't know. Similar I'd imagine to most entertainment industries.

Totalbiscuit ‏@Totalbiscuit

Oh and Fuck Take by the way


Okay, third act.


He is really, really not handling this well.

In the other thread, he openly states that Axiom will no longer be attending anything related to Take (which hurts his team more than anything else), and essentially every comment coming from him is unprofessional. Yeah, I get the whole brutal honesty thing, but I think a little tact is important too.

+ Show Spoiler +
On August 16 2013 13:00 TotalBiscuit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2013 12:58 Joedaddy wrote:
Pretty shitty move when you make what one presumed to be a private conversation public. Even if you didn't think it was a big deal, Dennis obviously did.


Fuck Dennis. If he wasn't so concerned about saving face rather than being honest with everybody about his mismanaged tournament then some of this might not have happened. When you say "I hope there are legal consequences for what you've done" all bets are off, I lose any respect I've had for you. I hope Take enjoyed the free casting and the numbers, I'll never deal with him and his organisation ever again.

~http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=425693&currentpage=2

I doubt Take would want TB involved in his events for at least the short term, seeing that anything they discuss privately could be made public.
TB already burned the bridge I would think, and now he's going to claim that he won't attend anything related to Take.
Will there even be invites to reject?
HOLY CHECK!
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
August 16 2013 09:01 GMT
#150
On August 16 2013 17:33 Entirety wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2013 17:28 Musicus wrote:
Huh, I didn't expect that. When I saw her blog post, with the chats, I just assumed she asked every party involved beforehand. I think she did a mistake and I get why Dennis and Acer are angry, but I don't think she has to step down. Well good luck Genna, maybe we will see her back.


Listen to TB's thoughts and you will understand her struggle with depression and the difficulties of managing a team. In short, no she did not quit over this incident. This incident is one of many which eventually caused her to make her decision (which was a long time coming).


Yeah just finished listening to it. I guess it all just grew over her head, she might just be too nice for the scene. Or she just needed a thicker skin, as she basically always made a huge post every time axiom/shoutcraft got critizised. Just shows that things really get to her and she couldn't handle it any longer, too bad.

Now I am worried about TB handling the team, he is so emotional man. Just look at how he blew the whole drama out of proportion and his "fuck take" comments don't help.

Also one ironic thing about the situation is, Genna posting a private message from Take, stating he is angry about her posting their private chats without permission. He is the only one that did not say anything to this yet, officialy. We only have chats that are supposed to be privat.
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
Lonyo
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United Kingdom3884 Posts
August 16 2013 09:04 GMT
#151
At least if TB stops posting he might prevent the flames being fueled further.
Biggest drama queen who insists on doing to others what he rages about when people do the same to him.
HOLY CHECK!
FFW_Rude
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France10201 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-16 09:06:18
August 16 2013 09:05 GMT
#152
This is something you should add to the OP => https://soundcloud.com/totalbiscuit/gennas-retirement

Good luck to them. It's a sad day

On August 16 2013 17:48 rasers wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2013 17:33 Entirety wrote:
On August 16 2013 17:28 Musicus wrote:
Huh, I didn't expect that. When I saw her blog post, with the chats, I just assumed she asked every party involved beforehand. I think she did a mistake and I get why Dennis and Acer are angry, but I don't think she has to step down. Well good luck Genna, maybe we will see her back.


Listen to TB's thoughts and you will understand her struggle with depression and the difficulties of managing a team. In short, no she did not quit over this incident. This incident is one of many which eventually caused her to make her decision (which was a long time coming).

Yeah listening to the TB stuff she shouldn't even have started this Team in the first place.

like this whole depression thing matters. yes not good for her. but why on earth would you then make a Team so you get even more stress?!?!?


Because you need to fight depression
#1 KT Rolster fanboy. KT BEST KT ! Hail to KT playoffs Zergs ! Unofficial french translator for SlayerS_`Boxer` biography "Crazy as me".
dizzy101
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands2066 Posts
August 16 2013 09:05 GMT
#153
When problem arises, people can do two things: 1) solve it, 2) try not to get the blame.

All this back-and-forth, releasing private emails, name-calling, etc. seems to be about 2), not 1). In fact, the original problem seems to have gotten worse, and other issues have now popped up.

Why not work out the details behind closed doors and SOLVE the goddamn problem?
Lorch
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany3711 Posts
August 16 2013 09:05 GMT
#154
Hahahahahahahahahaha
As much as I love all the ex-slayers guys, I don't think having TB around is worth them being on a foreign team.
Wormi
Profile Joined December 2011
Germany181 Posts
August 16 2013 09:11 GMT
#155
from sponsors/companies point of view this is like:
-"Take is a guy we can trust, he understands our interests."
-"we can´t talk to Axiom. if the negotiations don´t go well for them, it goes public."

guess who´ll get the contracts.
I´m a real person. Beep beep.
skatblast
Profile Joined September 2011
United States784 Posts
August 16 2013 09:12 GMT
#156
On August 16 2013 17:49 Arkani wrote:
i don't get it. how the f... can you release private conversations.. what did they hope to acomplish with that? creating drama so not going to the event is overshadowed? or did they go all in and hope that all their expenses get paid?



Idk, she kind of reminds me of slayers.jessica. Causing drama and expecting husband to pick up for it.
rasers
Profile Joined February 2010
Sweden691 Posts
August 16 2013 09:13 GMT
#157
On August 16 2013 18:05 FFW_Rude wrote:
This is something you should add to the OP => https://soundcloud.com/totalbiscuit/gennas-retirement

Good luck to them. It's a sad day

Show nested quote +
On August 16 2013 17:48 rasers wrote:
On August 16 2013 17:33 Entirety wrote:
On August 16 2013 17:28 Musicus wrote:
Huh, I didn't expect that. When I saw her blog post, with the chats, I just assumed she asked every party involved beforehand. I think she did a mistake and I get why Dennis and Acer are angry, but I don't think she has to step down. Well good luck Genna, maybe we will see her back.


Listen to TB's thoughts and you will understand her struggle with depression and the difficulties of managing a team. In short, no she did not quit over this incident. This incident is one of many which eventually caused her to make her decision (which was a long time coming).

Yeah listening to the TB stuff she shouldn't even have started this Team in the first place.

like this whole depression thing matters. yes not good for her. but why on earth would you then make a Team so you get even more stress?!?!?


Because you need to fight depression

with more stress and shit to worry about?. :D
grs
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Germany2339 Posts
August 16 2013 09:14 GMT
#158
I don't know if that is different in other countries/cultures, but from my experience in the moment you repeatedly release business conversations without mutual agreement, you have already lost the dispute.
xpldngmn
Profile Joined January 2011
Austria265 Posts
August 16 2013 09:15 GMT
#159
I love Axiom and everything Take does, so all this drama makes me very sad.

Having had depressions as well I wish all the best to Genna.
Non-native speaker, those prepositions are so hard to know.
Doublemint
Profile Joined July 2011
Austria8760 Posts
August 16 2013 09:18 GMT
#160
So fucked up -_-

GL Genna, TB & Take
Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before the fall.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM750
TKL 350
TaKeTV 300
IndyStarCraft 173
BRAT_OK 126
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 750
TKL 350
IndyStarCraft 173
MaxPax 141
ProTech138
BRAT_OK 121
UpATreeSC 80
MindelVK 21
EmSc Tv 15
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 812
Mini 404
ggaemo 176
firebathero 161
White-Ra 102
910 52
Shinee 48
Barracks 48
Hyun 45
Shine 30
[ Show more ]
Bale 27
Killer 25
Trap 23
ToSsGirL 20
soO 16
yabsab 12
Dota 2
qojqva4085
Counter-Strike
Fnx 746
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5579
crisheroes1596
Liquid`Hasu1299
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2927
singsing1639
B2W.Neo790
ceh9634
Beastyqt627
ArmadaUGS168
C9.Mang0135
Dewaltoss57
Trikslyr45
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream496
Other Games
BasetradeTV189
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 15
EmSc2Tv 15
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile112
• Reevou 8
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix15
• 80smullet 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2558
• TFBlade866
Other Games
• Shiphtur275
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 2m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 2m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 17h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.