• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:36
CEST 05:36
KST 12:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8009 users

No Starcraft 2 at MLG Columbus (so far) - Page 13

Forum Index > SC2 General
1123 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 57 Next
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
August 08 2013 14:54 GMT
#241
On August 08 2013 23:52 Gentso wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2013 23:46 Knightess wrote:
I hoep they dont jump the dota train. Dota is better off without MLG -_-


I agree. I can see them charging $10+ for in game tickets and other stupid nonsense already!

They already made like 4 million on the compendium. And Dota 2 always charges for in client viewing(except for TI3, which just had the compendium).
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
QNdie
Profile Joined June 2011
Poland210 Posts
August 08 2013 14:54 GMT
#242
While SC2 might not be at it's greatest of primes, e-sports certainly is :D. Let's not confuse the two, as SC2 is probably out of the upcoming MLG because there are e-sports which attract a bigger viewerbase.
Kleinmuuhg
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Vanuatu4091 Posts
August 08 2013 14:54 GMT
#243
On August 08 2013 23:52 Zenatsu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2013 23:45 Kleinmuuhg wrote:
So as a reaction to MLG dropping SC2 you are suggesting to spend money on their merchandise? I see the logic you are trying to apply, but sorry, nobody should throw money at this organisation hoping to maybe get something back.


You don't like MLG, then don't support them. its quite simple.

Its not about me liking them or not. I just dont see your point in supporting someone who just dropped your game?
This is our town, scrub
ReachTheSky
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3294 Posts
August 08 2013 14:55 GMT
#244
O well! There is always next the MLG after that!
TL+ Member
Sbrubbles
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil5776 Posts
August 08 2013 14:55 GMT
#245
On August 08 2013 23:51 AnachronisticAnarchy wrote:
Doesn't make sense for them to cut out SC2 now. They really should only have two reasons for this: 1. something related to WCS and Blizzard or 2. they're planning something else for SC2 in particular.


I wish they'd give us more than a tweet, at least to have a clearer picture of what's going on in their minds about SC2.
Bora Pain minha porra!
marcesr
Profile Joined June 2008
Germany1383 Posts
August 08 2013 14:55 GMT
#246
On August 08 2013 23:49 Penev wrote:
It would obviously suck if MLG would drop SC2 but I've seen pretty decent viewer numbers for WCS EU this week; So please refrain on the "SC2 is dying" please.


If SC2 esport is heavily dependent on the sympathy of Blizzard it is dying.
Creager
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany1962 Posts
August 08 2013 14:55 GMT
#247
Weird to say it, but I guess it's kinda okay with me, because there simply is TOO MUCH SC2 events/tournaments! It's hard enough to follow WCS alone. Missed out completely on ASUS Rog, although it has always been a nice tournament, but there is not enough time to follow all that stuff.

Why can't there be less events with more actual focus on those... I MISS YOU, TSL3!!!
... einmal mit Profis spielen!
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
August 08 2013 14:55 GMT
#248
this is an elaborate hype train.... i hope
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
August 08 2013 14:56 GMT
#249
On August 08 2013 23:47 Zenatsu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2013 23:41 Noocta wrote:
Halo died when MLG dropped it. The Fighting games case is unique, because they're not Esport games to begin with anyway.
Starcraft can live okay with only the european and the korean scene, it's not like the game is gonna vanish any time soon.

But seriously, what do you expect people to do ? Say " It's okay, we'll have a event next time. No big deal. " ?
Why do people and especially Esport personalities are surprised that people are angry and scared about this ?


Your halo point is true, but the fighting scene is still alive and well. MLG could revive a good portion of the fighting game community, however the fans are pretty toxic (the players themselves are mannered).

I don't think anyone is surprised that people are angry when their favorite game to watch is getting the plug (from their favorite tournament none the less). However, the logic and reasoning, and all the conspiracy people toss about is fun to watch.


Fighting games and MLG was a very small episode of what fighting games are.
The FGC exist for almost 20 years, and has always been a separated case.
Because it's an offline game, it's something that come from the arcade, it's something that manage itself because everything is community made.

It's very hard to compare that to which games MLG usually run.


" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Gentso
Profile Joined July 2010
United States2218 Posts
August 08 2013 14:57 GMT
#250
On August 08 2013 23:54 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2013 23:52 Gentso wrote:
On August 08 2013 23:46 Knightess wrote:
I hoep they dont jump the dota train. Dota is better off without MLG -_-


I agree. I can see them charging $10+ for in game tickets and other stupid nonsense already!

They already made like 4 million on the compendium. And Dota 2 always charges for in client viewing(except for TI3, which just had the compendium).


What? Compendium and MLG are completely different. Compendium is an optional way to support Valve and the players alike. It also comes with a bunch of cool stuff.

MLG tried making PPV events in SC2 with 8 players, has nonstop Doritos commercials, 480p streams, and money grubs at every possible corner. That's why I don't like them at all, because other tournaments just do it better.
mbsupermario
Profile Joined July 2010
United States101 Posts
August 08 2013 14:58 GMT
#251
I went to last Colombus... was excited to go again this year. Guess I won't be going now.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
August 08 2013 14:59 GMT
#252
On August 08 2013 23:53 HeeroFX wrote:
What will they have to replace it I wonder. SC II really drives there viewership numbers. Call of duty ghosts will be out, but CoD doesn't attract the numbers SC II does. Maybe the next Halo Maybe Dota 2? I would love to see more dota 2 lan events. I still really don't like how blizzard is handling the wcs.

WCS AM is all korean just about, which kills


Correct me if I'm wrong but CoD had 50k viewers last MLG, I don't think SC2 got that many more than that.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
August 08 2013 14:59 GMT
#253
On August 08 2013 23:57 Gentso wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2013 23:54 Plansix wrote:
On August 08 2013 23:52 Gentso wrote:
On August 08 2013 23:46 Knightess wrote:
I hoep they dont jump the dota train. Dota is better off without MLG -_-


I agree. I can see them charging $10+ for in game tickets and other stupid nonsense already!

They already made like 4 million on the compendium. And Dota 2 always charges for in client viewing(except for TI3, which just had the compendium).


What? Compendium and MLG are completely different. Compendium is an optional way to support Valve and the players alike. It also comes with a bunch of cool stuff.

MLG tried making PPV events in SC2 with 8 players, has nonstop Doritos commercials, 480p streams, and money grubs at every possible corner. That's why I don't like them at all, because other tournaments just do it better.

Yeah, but it doesn't mean they can't charge for in client viewing. MLG is trying to make money and isn't back by "steam sales" to fund all their efforts. Compairing the two is not really fair on any level.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Betelgeuse
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada210 Posts
August 08 2013 15:00 GMT
#254
On August 08 2013 23:06 tomastaz wrote:
It always has to be my city that gets fucked over...

Woooohoo now calm down. At least you've had events. Try living in Canada
Through victory, my chains are broken.
Nimic
Profile Joined September 2010
Norway1360 Posts
August 08 2013 15:00 GMT
#255
On August 08 2013 23:49 iaguz wrote:
I feel that MLG actually does have plans for SC2 at MLG, they're just pretending they don't to stir some shit.


Anyone who thinks that are seriously deluding themselves. As low an opinion as I have about MLG, I can't possibly imagine that they would be that stupid. They've opened themselves to a whole lot of badwill. Coming out later and going "ha ha ha, just kidding, we'll have something after all" might make people go "yay I'll watch MLG", but it will make them go "yay I'll watch MLG, those wankers".
gasmeter
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United Kingdom251 Posts
August 08 2013 15:02 GMT
#256
On August 08 2013 23:53 pjc8513 wrote:
Sc2 is sooooo dead. & e-sports. Was fun while it lasted. Go play soccer.


StarCraft 2 is not dead. Not sure where you got that from.
Polt | MMA | MarineKing | Flash | Mvp | NesTea | INnoVation
Terranist
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States2496 Posts
August 08 2013 15:02 GMT
#257
the writing has been on the wall since the WCS announcement. they can't lure premier players with a capped prize pool and frankly blizzard wouldn't mind seeing their own tournament becoming the only source of competition.
The Show of a Lifetime
nkr
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Sweden5451 Posts
August 08 2013 15:02 GMT
#258
On August 09 2013 00:00 Nimic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2013 23:49 iaguz wrote:
I feel that MLG actually does have plans for SC2 at MLG, they're just pretending they don't to stir some shit.


Anyone who thinks that are seriously deluding themselves. As low an opinion as I have about MLG, I can't possibly imagine that they would be that stupid. They've opened themselves to a whole lot of badwill. Coming out later and going "ha ha ha, just kidding, we'll have something after all" might make people go "yay I'll watch MLG", but it will make them go "yay I'll watch MLG, those wankers".


But they have not actually ruled out having sc2 at the event.
ESPORTS ILLUMINATI
Crownlol
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States3726 Posts
August 08 2013 15:03 GMT
#259
On August 08 2013 22:49 Plansix wrote:
All right folks, I figured it out:

The next MLG Championship event is being held on 22-24 November.

Blizzcon is being held Novermber 8-9, with the championship that weekend. Why hold a SC2 event after the world championship? It seems a little redundant.


This fuckin' guy.
shaGuar :: elemeNt :: XeqtR :: naikon :: method
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
August 08 2013 15:04 GMT
#260
Meh I haven't cared for mlg for awhile. God I wish ipl hadn't died so bad :/.
When I think of something else, something will go here
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 57 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft413
RuFF_SC2 180
Nina 94
-ZergGirl 64
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2237
Bale 21
yabsab 14
Terrorterran 10
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1166
taco 341
minikerr13
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox731
Other Games
summit1g8555
JimRising 680
Day[9].tv476
WinterStarcraft327
C9.Mang0296
ViBE160
Livibee146
Maynarde145
Sick141
ArmadaUGS37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick945
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream159
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Response 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv476
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
7h 24m
Stellar Fest
9h 24m
The PondCast
1d 6h
OSC
1d 9h
Stellar Fest
1d 9h
OSC
1d 20h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.