• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:03
CEST 01:03
KST 08:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9059 users

[Interview] Code S Ro4 Day 2 2013 WCS KR Season 1

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-27 13:05:01
May 23 2013 16:00 GMT
#1
[image loading]


WCS Interviews for this Week:

    (Clicking on the link will take you to that interview)
  • 2013 WCS Korea Season 1 Code S Ro4 Day 1 Winner's Interview
  • 2013 WCS Korea Season 1 Code S Ro4 Day 2 Winner's Interview
  • 2013 WCS Korea Season 1 Code S Placement Matches Winners' Interview
  • 2013 WCS Korea Season 1 Challenger League Round 3 Day 2 Winners' Interview
  • 2013 GSTL Season 1 Pennant Race Week 10 Match 1 FXO vs ST Winner Interview
  • 2013 GSTL Season 1 Pennant Race Week 10 Match 2 NSH vs MVP Winner's Interview
  • 2013 WCS Europe Season 1 Premier League Grand Finals Winner Interview



(T)STX SouL INnoVation

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

How do you feel about advancing to your first finals ever?

At the start of this season, I told myself that I wanted to grab the championship no matter what. I am so close to making this goal become a reality that I am really glad. I have always wanted to play on a finals stage so I am really excited to making this dream come true.

Did you focus on anything specific as you were preparing for your match against Symbol?

I believed that Symbol knew all there was to know about roach related attacks so I put a lot of thought into that area during my preparations. Symbol went for a roach attack on Daybreak so I excluded the possibility of another roach attack in the next game and that's why I lost. I did get a little affected by that. However, overall, I just told myself to safely progress to the late game for all my games today.

The series was going really well for you as you won games one, two, and three in a row.

Everything went according to plan. I was also in a good situation. In fact, the situation was even better than during practice. I couldn't help but think that I was going to make it through easily today. Of course I did face some difficulties afterwards because I let my guard down.

Why did you decide to do a proxy rax build for game two on Star Station?

I just decided to try it out for once (laughs). I figured I needed to throw in stuff like that since it was a bo7 series. I also figured that Star Station was a good map for a strategy like that.

Did you expect a sOs vs Soulkey all the way to game 7 scenario to come out?

I did see it as a possibility. I was feeling uneasy. But thankfully game six went well for me so I avoided a game seven.

You showed us a mixed composition with tanks for game six.

I secretly saw his hidden baneling nest with my medivac. I figured that I would win as long as I successfully defended against that and eventually that resulted in a lot of tanks.

You must have been very cautious of nydus plays as you prepared for today's match.

I assumed that an all in was coming at me for game three. Thankfully, I was able to quickly figure out that a drop was heading my way. For today's match, I put the most priority on nydus plays. But in the end, it only came out once. Now that I think about it, I think Symbol probably would have broken through eventually had he kept going with nydus plays.

Did you have a lot of help from coach (Z)Calm?

Even though Monday through Thursday were our break days, Calm hyung really helped me out a lot. He really helped me figure out strategies for each map. I am really grateful and I hope he also helps me out for the finals.

You probably didn't have enough practice partners. Was that difficult?

I didn't really play any games on Monday and Tuesday. Instead, I just focused on coming up with build orders and did a lot of thinking. But from here on out, I'm going to earnestly focus on my upcoming match and work really hard.

All season long, you just went on and took down all the powerful Zerg players. Now only Soulkey remains.

I feel like he's the final boss. In my opinion, Soulkey hyung is phenomenal when it comes to ZvTs. I realized just how strong he was when I lost to him in Proleague. I am expecting the match to be a difficult one. But it is going to be a televised match so there's a chance that his true skills won't shine through and I'll be able to take the victory. If I do end up winning, I think the score will probably be something like 4-2. 4-1 is also a possibility.

Soulkey stated today in YongSan that it will be difficult for you to find practice partners who play like he does.

I think that's true. There really aren't a lot of Zerg players out there that are like Soulkey hyung. I also plan on only practicing with my Zerg teammates so I probably just won't really pay attention to that.

Anything else you would like to say?

I have something I need to say today (laughs). A lot of people cheered me on and had lots of expectations for me. I am so relieved that I was able to win today. I also want to thank my family for always caring for me. I am glad that I was able to repay all their kindness with my results. Since I've made it to the finals like this, I want to do my absolute best so that I can win the championship.



Methods to locating SC2 interviews!

  • Go to the TL.net search bar and type in [Interview] and then search. You will find the most recent interviews at the top
  • Go to the SC2 Interviews/Translation Archive
  • Go to the liquipedia page for that player and look at the section titled "Interviews" http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/PartinG#Interviews
  • Go to the liquipedia page for that specific tournament and find this icon: [image loading] If you click on that icon, it will take you to the interview for that group's match winners
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
May 23 2013 16:02 GMT
#2
Thanks Seeker
HandA711
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
202 Posts
May 23 2013 16:10 GMT
#3
so that's what Calm is doing.

Can't wait for the finals. It's been a long time since a non-zerg won GSL.
hakuna matata
Stress
Profile Joined February 2011
United States980 Posts
May 23 2013 16:27 GMT
#4
Thanks Seeker! I'm just glad the finals won't be another ZvZ. Hopefully Innovation will get the win, it is time to dethrone the Zerg from winning the past 3 championships.
"Touch my gosu hands." - Tastosis | | fOrGG // MC // Jaedong
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
May 23 2013 16:35 GMT
#5
Thanks Seeker!
I've never seen a player in SC2 since the days of MVP-with-healthy-wrists being so secure and dominating in his play and radiating this much confidence like Innovation. He is taking this championship, 100%.
Get off my lawn, young punks
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33705 Posts
May 23 2013 16:36 GMT
#6
the big-nosed one continues his rampage
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
May 23 2013 16:37 GMT
#7
Thanks Seeker
Refer to my post.
BlueLanterna
Profile Joined April 2011
291 Posts
May 23 2013 16:38 GMT
#8
There is no stopping Innovation. Calling 4-1 right now.
Gorilla23
Profile Joined March 2012
United States339 Posts
May 23 2013 16:39 GMT
#9
I'm excited for the finals. Thanks for the interview.
Ctesias
Profile Joined December 2012
4595 Posts
May 23 2013 16:40 GMT
#10
Thanks Seeker. Definitely the finals I wanted. Having high expectations for the games, and hoping that Innovation takes it.
Flash | Mvp
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
May 23 2013 16:42 GMT
#11
I like the idea that those finalists can't find practice partners who play "like" (read, "at the level of" :D) their opponent.
These guys are at the top of their respective race, it won't be easy to prepare, indeed.
largehadroncollider
Profile Joined May 2013
United States88 Posts
May 23 2013 16:48 GMT
#12
On May 24 2013 01:35 ACrow wrote:
Thanks Seeker!
I've never seen a player in SC2 since the days of MVP-with-healthy-wrists being so secure and dominating in his play and radiating this much confidence like Innovation. He is taking this championship, 100%.


The thing is, with top KeSPA players, a show of confidence doesn't determine champions. It's always 50-50 somehow.

My bet goes to Soulkey. 4-2.
still alive
Caihead
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada8550 Posts
May 23 2013 16:49 GMT
#13
Coach Calm the real brains behind the innovation.
"If you're not living in the US or are a US Citizen, please do not tell us how to vote or how you want our country to be governed." - Serpest, American Hero
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-23 16:51:31
May 23 2013 16:50 GMT
#14
Yeah, Soulkey is definitely monstrous as well. This could be the best finals ever. Or yet another roflstomp, but I don't like to think about it.
I think Innovation will win, but I'm rooting for Soulkey, in fact. :D

Edit: Shit I missed this:
I believed that Symbol knew all there was to know about roach related attacks

lololol, you don't say.
largehadroncollider
Profile Joined May 2013
United States88 Posts
May 23 2013 16:57 GMT
#15
On May 24 2013 01:49 Caihead wrote:
Coach Calm the real brains behind the innovation.


It's so awesome for Calm to be helping out like this. Remember his epic game vs Flash in BW? :D The 35 minute slugfest.
still alive
Markwerf
Profile Joined March 2010
Netherlands3728 Posts
May 23 2013 17:16 GMT
#16
On May 24 2013 01:35 ACrow wrote:
Thanks Seeker!
I've never seen a player in SC2 since the days of MVP-with-healthy-wrists being so secure and dominating in his play and radiating this much confidence like Innovation. He is taking this championship, 100%.


MVP never looked dominating to me, he just seemed to scramble and do weird timings or good strategic choices and win that way. Innovation just feels different with an incredibly solid standard game where he seems to do nothing special yet wins quite easily.
Moving out killing creep, operating on 3 bases and just slowly killing the zerg and it feels like Zerg can't do anything.
Fuell
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands3111 Posts
May 23 2013 17:17 GMT
#17
Good luck in the finals Bogus!
fOu/Zenith/NEX/WeRRa/SlayerS
asdfOu
Profile Joined August 2011
United States2089 Posts
May 23 2013 17:20 GMT
#18
BoGus vs Soulkey, I don't know why I am so proud. But once again i shall say it. Called it at the end of wol!
rip prime
Daogin
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada2308 Posts
May 23 2013 17:24 GMT
#19
On May 24 2013 02:16 Markwerf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2013 01:35 ACrow wrote:
Thanks Seeker!
I've never seen a player in SC2 since the days of MVP-with-healthy-wrists being so secure and dominating in his play and radiating this much confidence like Innovation. He is taking this championship, 100%.


MVP never looked dominating to me, he just seemed to scramble and do weird timings or good strategic choices and win that way. Innovation just feels different with an incredibly solid standard game where he seems to do nothing special yet wins quite easily.
Moving out killing creep, operating on 3 bases and just slowly killing the zerg and it feels like Zerg can't do anything.

MVPs play was never the most stellar at times, and that's not what I remember him for, he innovated the Terran matchup multiples times and got things nerfed, his ability just to read opponents styles and crush them was made him a true champion.
Leenoctopus <3, master of foreign events.
fluidin
Profile Joined November 2011
Singapore1084 Posts
May 23 2013 17:28 GMT
#20
Inno won't be able to find a similar training partner to SK, but honestly if SK wants, he should just train against Flash, assuming Flash/KT is willing to train with him. Inno/Flash plays very similarly tbh.
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft5
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta25
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 92
ViBE72
PiGStarcraft5
SpeCial 2
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 191
Hyuk 62
Noble 46
NaDa 24
Bale 16
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm146
League of Legends
Doublelift4341
Counter-Strike
minikerr4
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox162
Mew2King64
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5151
Khaldor676
Other Games
summit1g8019
FrodaN1705
Coldzera 687
shahzam540
JimRising 357
C9.Mang0282
KnowMe230
ZombieGrub90
ArmadaUGS87
Trikslyr41
PPMD30
CosmosSc2 13
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick267
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream59
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH353
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21176
Other Games
• imaqtpie786
• Shiphtur157
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
10h 57m
Online Event
11h 57m
FEL
16h 57m
AI Arena Tournament
17h 57m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
19h 57m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 10h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-01
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Proleague 2026-10-02
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.